[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter V Hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: street_fighter_5.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
street_fighter_5.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
What's with all of the hate aimed towards this game, recently picked it up and I'm having tonnes of fun, not trying to start a flame war, just curious about what other people think.
>>
The one objective truth that everybody can agree on is that the game had a terrible launch which scared many away and fucked over the first impression of that game.
Its hard to shake that off now.

You arent playing the same game people played back when it launched.
>>
Man is SFV the biggest letdown of this decade? I remember the hype for this was enormous and completely dwarfed DBZ Fighter's, but man it just ended up being mediocre.
>>
Are EVO entrant numbers going to be revealed for real tomorrow? they said Tekken broke the 1k mark
>>
Where's the lobby?
>>
MALWARE FIGHTER V
>>
Don't mind me I'm just going to post this here.
Everyone deserves a good laugh and this is likely to deliver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SONRueETiT4
>>
>>382284004
Ultra Street Fighter IV was great and this felt like a massive step down from the first beta. And then they made it painfully clear that even though the core mechanics of the game were fucked, they were going to soldier on for x years.
>>
File: tekken.jpg (60KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tekken.jpg
60KB, 600x450px
sf5 only gets shit on because sf4 vets cannot adapt to its rushdown heavy style and anime fighting game fans need a coping mechanism to defend their dead games
>>
they had server issues the first week so /v/ formed a groupthink around that and never changed their forced opinion ever since

doesn't matter if they release story mode and respond to any number of complaints with patches

now the haters demand that they call some patch the "Super" version and then they'll suddenly like it. yeah they are that retarded
>>
>>382284004
>The game is boring to watch compared to other fighting games
>Balrog is retardedly easy to win with
>Defensive options are extremely poor
>Footsies are very limited due to stubby limbs and crush counters
Among other things
>>
>>382284956
>footsies are limited because of footsie buttons
what did he mean by this
>>
>>382284004
The gameplay is good

Casuals latched on to the incompleteness of the game at launch, even though Capcom had committed to making this the only release of SFV (no SFV turbo hyper mega championship edition)

Don't listen to casuals' opinions. They probably played once, got bodied online, and quit. Or didn't play at all, just parroting something they read
>>
File: 1450125530414.jpg (68KB, 300x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450125530414.jpg
68KB, 300x480px
>>382284004
I enjoy SFV, there are issues however and Capcom is a mess of a company when it comes to fanning flames and not saying a thing. Honestly, half the hate would probably subside if they had more of a community prescence that didn't involve announcing Chun-Li costume #48.

That being said, I've been playing GGXrd for the past few weeks, and that game has so many little things that put SFV to complete shame.
>The fighting is fun and complex
>the looks and sounds great
>colors out the box, more can be found
>plentiful FM
>actual content and a detailed tutorial
> fantastic online
>a literal online lobby with customizable avatars, gestures, and arcade machines
I'm a Capcom fighter loyalist but god damn, why are they not trying?
>>
File: 1498774649726.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498774649726.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
7-8 frames of input lag is annoying tho (I do own and play sfv)
>>
>>382284701
The rootkit is gone though.
>>
>>382285424
But the damage was done.
>>
>>382285420
The game doesnt have that much input lag anymore.
Didnt have it for like a year now.

Tekken is the game that has that much, but nobody ever complains about it because everybody is being a hypocrite.
>>
>>382284004
97% of it comes from one place - r/kappa
which is an awful shithole full of people who play video games less than /v/
>>
>Game came out with barely any content, horrible balancing issues, and many networking issues including the netcode, all for the low low price of $60 USD
>Game gets better balanced after Season 1 is finished, but a shitty excuse for a story mode is added while they still haven't fixed the netcode
>Season 2 destroyed the balance even worse than how the game was at launch
>All this while Capcom has never fixed the game's shitty netcode

That's why I, and a lot of other people, hate it.

It's a game that had a lot of potential, but Capcom themselves doesn't seem to know what to do with it. As such, people are dropping it left and right (even some pro FGC players), and the only ones that seem to be sticking with the game are those who are being paid by Capcom to do so.

The only reason why I still have a small passing interest in it is because of its modding scene on PC. That's it. The game is just boring and frustrating to play.

If Capcom ever gains a clue and somehow fixes everything up, I'll probably pick it back up. For now, there are much better alternative fighting games out there.

If anything, I'm actually thankful for SFV being a failure, because it's giving a lot of smaller and honestly better fighting game a chance to shine.
>>
>>382284004
The fighting mechanic is too simplistic, it lacks depth and tech. Just search for combo videos from SF5 and then compare it with SF4. SF5 is just pathetic and boring.
>>
>>382285568
It does suck that tekken has 8 frames of lag on ps4 but it's not an identical situation to sfv when you consider the fact that the fastest normals in sf are 3 frames while in tekken they're 10 frames
>>
>>382285568
>event pros like saint and jcdr complain and say it effects their play
>but we'll ignore it because LOL AT LEAST IT'S NOT SFV
>>
>>382285118
They're limited by how most normals are completely ineffective in footsies. If your character has a good CC, then footsies for you consists almost entirely of fishing for said CC, making it very brain dead. Urien, Karin, and Laura are a few examples of this.
>>
>>382285996
And movement is 0 frames which is more important in tekken than anything else fuckhead
>>
>>382284004
Go home ComboFiend
>>
File: 1492460674543.jpg (157KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492460674543.jpg
157KB, 1200x900px
>>382285996
Please stop using this garbage argument, it shows that you do not understand fighting games.

>>382286071
said it the two best Tekken players actually DO complain it but here we have people actually defending it with some stupid nonsense arguments.

Input lag doesnt matter when its about startup of moves.
Saying that means that you do not get how input lag impacts the game.
Input lag fucks with MOVEMENT and REACTIONS. Neither of those things have anything to do with move startup. Nobody is reacting to 3f moves. Nobody is reacting to 10f moves either.

Please stop parroting this crap, it just shows how clueless people are about fighting games, especially the ones who always insist on chiming in.
>>
>>382285749
Man you faggots who bitch about balance dont even play fighting games.
SFV has stupidly good balance.
>>
>>382286086
>karin
>not poking with mk
stop posting.
>>
>>382286509
Hi Combofiend! I didn't know you browse /v/.
>>
>>382286712
ebin r/kappa post.
upvoted!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.