[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone knows phone games are almost always shit, but there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Everyone knows phone games are almost always shit, but there have to be a few that are worthwhile. So tell me, what are the phoneshit games you've enjoyed, even if they're just a guilty pleasure?
>>
>>382277183

Is pic related good?
>>
>>382277249
It's mobage trash so no
>>
>>382277249
not particularly, but if you have time to kill during commute then it's ok I guess. I played it for a week before getting bored
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-29-20-04-53.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-29-20-04-53.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>382277183
All you need
>>
>>382277249
FFBE? Its alright. Once you beat your first raid boss and start snowballing in actual good equipments and units, then the sunk cost fallacy enters hard
>>
>>382277249
It's an alright FFanwank
>>
>>382277183
I think the problem with mobage games is that they are fun for like 3-5 weeks playing once a day for like 30-40 minutes a day. But, at the 1 month point, they start showing signs of P2W or long grinds to get characters to optimal levels. Of those mobage games, FFBE and OPTC are better than the competitors, but they still suck after the one-two month period.
Clicker games aren't bad for a few days. But, once you played one you've played them all.
>>
>>382277183
Granblue. But that's kind of cheating since I just play it on my browser 99% of the time.
>>
>>382277183
FF: Record Keeper. It's far better than Exvius. They're far less jewish about giving you cool stuff and their currency. No daily grind for currency either. Just log in and out once a day if you don't want to do dailies.

Oh yeah, and it's a pretty fun game. Lots of well made and challenging bosses. Content updates every week.
>>
Fate Grand Order - feels pretty good to play. Very smooth. High production values which goes a long way in hero collectors.

Final Fantasy BE - same as above ^

Antiquia Lost - Pretty decent single player JRPG. You can pay to win if you want, but you'd have to be an idiot to do so.

Black Survival - Very interesting pvp hunger games type thing. It's real time, but not an "action" game like Dayz or anything. Easy to fall into a pattern when playing, but the human element can throw you off your rhythm at times which can keep things interesting.

Pathfinder adventures - single player pathfinder stuff on mobile. Not bad at all but you have to either pay for more game, or grind in game money to play more campaigns beyond the first.

Knights of Pen and Paper 2 - Almost too simplistic. Difficulty is spiking constantly, making the entire thing just feel bumpy and annoying at times, but overall not a bad game. Can't find any pay to win elements in it so far.
>>
>>382277785
No, the main problem is that for some fucking reasons they all arbitrary limit your playtime.
>>
>>382277183
Think about phone games from the point of a developer.

It has terrible performance so just by picking it you have gimped yourself on creating a good looking game. Unless your game is sprite art you've basically given up any hope of good aestetics.

Second it has a terrible input device. It makes it completely unfit for action games that are twitchy or require many different buttons. This effectively regulates to turn based or extremly slow, simple action games (aka bad action games).

Than the screen size. It's small which means all the maps have to be small. This means you can't have a lot going on in your game. Strategy games thrive on large maps so you essentially can't make good strategy games at all (compare the pathetic maps in the Fire Emblem cellphone game to real Fire Emblem maps). Also your action games are going to be because you can't fit much action on that tiny screen.

It's a softcore piece of hardware so you should only expect softcore games.

Another note. I have looked at sales statistics for Mobile games. Essentially 90% of the income comes from maniac players that spend $200+ a month on the game (these players are called 'whales'. This means that the developers literally have no finicial reason to care for the other players since they aren't paying the bills (all other players are called minos). Essentially cellphone games exist for no reason other than to try to fish up that tiny % of the population that throws money at the screen and get them addicted. The satisfaction of the other players does not matter. The minos only exist to lead the whales to the cash shop.
>>
>>382277785
What is mobage? This is spot on with dokkan battle and duel links though.
>>
Bastion
>>
There are tons of japanese only ones I've played.
Probably the greatest mobage I've played is called Shinobi Nightmares.

But that was only true before they fucked with the entire game and removed dungeon crawling from the main game format. Now it's just battle-only trash, but before that it was fucking fantastic.
>>
>>382277183
Cytus is good.
>>
>>382278179
This

FFBE draws you in with the same nostalgia, but fast forward a few months and you're suddenly playing a random Japanese mobile game with extremely infrequent Final Fantasy collaborations that you would have never touched in a million years. Most people on /vg/ who still play are just in too deep.
>>
>>382278730
Because if they're really hooked on the game whales will buy a shitload of the premium currency and pay to refill
>>
File: 1495403373428.jpg (90KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1495403373428.jpg
90KB, 500x492px
>>382278863

Fucking retard.
>>
>>382277546
Dungeon Girls
>>
>>382277183
I like Final Fantasy Record Keeper. I've tried Brave Exvius a few times, but I just can't get into it. It's probably the "better" of the two games, but I've been playing FFRK since it's American launch, so I've just got too much time invested in it, and my team is getting good. (OSB, BSB, Super, and Legend Materias on my entire team)
>>
>>382277183
Hoplite.
>>
Crusader's Quest was incredibly good for a while but Colosseum is overrun by Blake's from the RWBY collab so it's no fun anymore
>>
Ingress is the only mobile game I play.
Not much of a videogame in convenient sense.
>>
Guild of Dungeoneering. Comes with all the dlc and works well on touchscreen.
>>
>>382277546
>hearthstone
Kill yourself blizzcuc.k
>>
Star Ocean Anamnesis and Puzzles and Dragons. Content is kind of repetitive lately in SOA, but it's still easily the best mobage I've played.
>>
Battle Bay
Star Wars Force Arena

I prefer pvp over single player grind.
>>
Puzzle and Dragons
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.