[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morrowind vs Gothic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

File: Morrowind vs Gothic 2.jpg (585KB, 1276x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind vs Gothic 2.jpg
585KB, 1276x1440px
Let's settle this debate once and for all

http://www.strawpoll.me/13318354/r
>>
Give me torrent for gothic 2 gold
>>
Gothic 2
>>
shit thread
>>
Gothic 2 by far. Morrowind is a reddit-tier meme game
>>
Morrowind is better.
>>
Morrowind is a great game, but Gothic is just on a whole another level
>>
>>382271054
Yea, the level just below morrowind.
>>
>>382270409
they are so different why even compare them? I like gothic 2 more, but I also like morrowind.
>>
>>382271114
They came out in the same year, both have journal based quests and no handholding, both are open world, etc
>>
>>382270839
the only correct answer
>>
>>382270409
Anyone have a link to the vid of that anon that beat all of Morrowind legit without ever swinging a weapon or using offensive spells?
>>
File: morrowind combat.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind combat.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>382271607
Just look at a speedrun
>>
If you were to kill Caius as soon as you meet him, getting the obvious prophecies ruined message, could you still just get keening and wraithguard or whatever and go to dagoth ur and beat the game like normal?
>>
Morrowind shits on Gothic 1 and 2
>>
like them both in thier own way, have better memories of G2 tho
>>
Gothic 2

It's full of details, polish, there's stuff to find behind every rock, behind a tree, a waterfall
The world is extremely immersive and believable

Morrowind's world is extremely boring. Not the lore itself, but the NPCs, the quests, and the world design. The outter world is literally empty. On your trip from Seyda Need to Vivec you're lucky if you come across a scrib. There is nothing interesting there. it's all grey, lazy. empty dull hills
>>
File: raped.webm (3MB, 1250x702px) Image search: [Google]
raped.webm
3MB, 1250x702px
Dunno, gothic?
>>
>>382272621
You obviously like penis
>>
I haven't played Gothic but Morrowind is better
>>
>>382270409
Morrowind is basically Gothic but good.
>>
>>382270409
If this was a prizefight in Vegas it would be billed as "Two Geezers at Caesers"

Fuck off gramps nobody gives a shit about your childhood.
>>
>>382270409
I would vote but ive never played gothic 2, ive heard nothing but good things tho.
>>
I like both, but I prefer Morrowind since there's a much larger variety of things to do and ways to do them. Gothic's greatest strength on the other hand is that the world feels alive, which helps a lot in exploration and atmosphere.

Morrowind's the game I'd rather role-play in due to its superior mechanics and content to facilitate it, but Gothic 2 has the world I'd rather explore. And with DX11 it's the comfiest game around.
>>
>>382271991
Naw, there was a vid of a guy beating the whole game using speechcraft. Please help.
>>
Tell me about OP, why is he a faggot?
>>
It is pretty even.
>>
>>382270409

>"Best RPG Ever" threads spammed daily
>Thread bashing Morrowind up right now
>Now trying to prove something through an easily abusable strawpoll with no captcha

You Gothic 2 fans really need to get over your inferiority complex. Overcompensating doesn't help your case.
>>
>>382276032
Morrowind is winning.
>>
>>382276032
I didn't make the morrowind bashing thread faggot nor the Best RPG ever faggot nice try
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYGUgCaai4o&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>382271607
>>382275739
This one? The rule for the run was never readying his hands, so no swinging weapons, casting spells, scrolls, or enchantments, or lockpicking or probing allowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDT2JKoznV0
>>
>>382270409
wow it's like i'm young again

I love both but the hours I spent in morrowind are among the best I've ever spent playing a game
>>
>>382271715
>look i posted it again xD
>>
File: that chim guy.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
that chim guy.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>382276772
>The Heart of Lorkhan is now in your party.
>>
>>382270409
Morrowind by far. I'm glad I pirated Gothic 1&2 because otherwise I'd have wasted 3 bucks in addition to the time I spent getting tricked by our local gothic autist.
>>
What are the essential mods for Gothic 1?
>>
>>382278992
I bet you couldn't get past the young wolf outside of the starting tower

>>382279036
You can try installing DX11 but from what I've heard it's glitchy as fuck for Gothic 1. It's perfectly fine for Gothic 2 tho
>>
>>382272621
>Cardboard cut out dark fantasy
>High fantasy middle east like world with bugs as their entire cultural theme.

Gothic fags ladies and gentleman
>>
>>382279284
Compare this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-lrCAH_1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raW0hdlcgEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgyHpqqtctg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKPBvXPg2bU

to dead, static, empty, lifeless morrowind
>>
Why does this board have such a hardon for morrowind?
Daggerfall doesn't get nearly as much attention.
Oblivion doesn't get nearly as much attention.
Skyrim isn't allowed to exist.
TESO isn't allowed to exist.
Arena, redguard and any of the others may as well not exist.
Yet 'fans' of TES here like to talk about one game and one game only in the entire franchise.
>>
>>382279414
Do you have any free time whatsoever Gothicfag?
>>
>>382279419
>Oblivion doesn't get nearly as much attention.
Thank fucking Christ for that. I seriously wished we had 90s TES games threads though
>>
>>382270594
pretty cheap on steam right now
>>
File: comfy.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>382279419
>Oblivion doesn't get nearly as much attention
that is because it is the worst game in the series.
>>
>>382279545
And?
>>
>>382279531
STOP, YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!
>>
>>382279419
I feel fucking inner anger and rage when I look at Oblivion.

Those smug fucking potato looking characters
That annoying accent and pretentious voice acting
The shit console inventory system
Those reddit HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE HIGH ELVES memes
That fucking ugly cunt with his oblivion videos on youtube
Those bland graphics and shit art style

Whenever somebody calls this piece of shit the best RPG ever it makes my skin crawl
>>
>>382280415
The dremora were badass
>>
>>382280415
When someone says that Oblivion has a "great setting" or something while being oblivious that it completely butchered the original version of Cyrodiil it sets my inner autism on fire in ways I cannot even describe.
>>
File: 1493207567069.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493207567069.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>382279419
Daggerfall most definitely should get more attention. It makes no sense since the game has an installer that sets it up so you can start playing with full modern controls and bugfixes in minutes.

Oblivion shouldn't though. Honestly the attention it does get from the underages who grew up with it is already more than it deserves.

Arena's fine but it's barebones. Really has very little in common with TES games from Daggerfall onwards. No factions, no skills or custom classes, not even much lore if you care about that stuff. It's the simplest TES game by far, which isn't great since the biggest complaint about Skyrim is that it's too simplified. That said, what little gameplay that is there is still solid and it's fun to replay since the classes are much more distinct than any other game in the series thanks to being more than a mere list of skills.

Battlespire and Redguard I both love but they were always meant to be niche games, they're small side games that don't have much to discuss in the first place. People talk about mainline TES and especially Morrowind because there's so much in them to discuss. They're so big and offer so much freedom that almost always something you've found or done that literally nobody else ever has, so that makes for a lot of longevity especially once you start considering mods that add even more.
>>
>>382280726
Great setting can mean a lot of things. The landscape and towns looked really good, and if only it was set in High Rock it would have been perfectly fine. Setting can mean that the game feels alive. Which it certainly does, the jump in quality compared to Morrowind was huge. Well, it doesn't help that Morrowind did a lot worse than Arena and Daggerfall in this aspect. Setting can also refer to the things you do, which are the sidequest. The sidequest were varied and fun, and ghost ships, painted worlds, and invisible towns can definitely contribute to someone's enjoyment of the setting.
>>
File: 1498677977482.png (91KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1498677977482.png
91KB, 633x758px
Instead of arguing which game is better you should focus on the fact that the golden era of gaming is over and we will never get any games like those anymore
>>
>>382281531
It was fun while it lasted.
>>
Its a Gothicfag is so insecure he keeps making shitty threads episode
>>
>>382281531
How about instead we fight over which 2006 game that killed the series is worse. Oblivion or Gothic 3?
>>
>>382282423
This is actually a good question
>>
>>382281474
Delete this.
>>
>>382282423
Gothic 3 wasn't that bad, but oblivion was fucking atrocious and I literally think Skyrim is a better game. I also think that Riven is better than 3 too.
>>
>>382282423
Oblivion.
>>
do i need play the first gothic to enjoy 2 or should i go straight for 2?
>>
>>382282685
You don't need to, but Gothic 2 is not so superior to 1 that you should only play one of them.
>>
File: 1h.webm (3MB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
1h.webm
3MB, 1050x590px
>>382282685
>>382282685
You don't have to play 1, but playing it is recommended just because it's a lot easier than 2

2 especially with NoTR is hard as fuck. And also there are references to the first game, the characters from the 1st game return, and at one point in the game you go back to the area where 1 took place and see how everything changed since.

But Gothic 2 is much better than 1, and 1 is extremely clunky and outdated. But it's still a good game, just with lots of backtracking and fetch quests.

Play 1 for a couple of hours and if you're not into it just jump into 2.

And keep in mind that Gothic 1 makes bad first impression because of the controls, you have to hold left mouse button and then press WSAD do do different actions like picking up items or talking to people. But once you get used to that it becomes really enjoyable.
>>
>>382282423
Oblivion was at least playable at release. Gothic 3 was literally unfinished and had to be fixed. Yeah, Oblivion arguably needs overhauls to fix its shit design to become worth playing, but Gothic 3 needs massive unofficial patches to play in any meaningful way at all.
>>
>>382270409
People meme out Morrowind's combat all the time, but ignoring the "MISS MISS MISS xD" bullshit because you have to be clinically retarded to not pass the basic statcheck and have 0 stamina, I just don't find it fun to play.
>>
>>382283061
Can you get a gamepad to work with Gothic 1? It seems like a game that would be perfect to play on one.
>>
>>382284504
There is a way but I've never done it so I dont know how
>>
>>382283074
Simple words can't do justice to just how utterly broken Gothic 3 was and how playing it felt like.

So have this instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLsbHWDwNn0
>>
>>382284598
I guess using X-Input or something. I'll look around. Cheers.
>>
Morrowind.
>>
>>382284675
Oh fuck this is good
>>
>>382281171
I always felt that Daggerfall looked really detached from the feel of TES morrowind and up as well. But then again as much as people hate Skyrim I do think it's tonally and thematically the most similar to Morrowind despite its flaws.

I haven't played Daggerfall though so maybe I'm wrong about it.
>>
Dude the way that my premade character got told to do this and that just inspired me, it gave me an indescribable experience i cant find anywhere else -fag
>>
>>382285234
The original Arena and Daggerfall formula is quite different from what was introduced in Morrowind and what we have today.
Then again it's still a good game that you should definitely try. You can skip Arena, though, it's barely a TES game in story and Daggerfall does everything better in gameplay.
>>
>>382285343
Dude my character who has 0 personality and 0 likable traits, is boring, bland, and dull made roleplaying as him so fun - faggot
>>
>>382272621
>you're lucky if you come across a scrib

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/across%20a%20scrib/

Do you ever get tired of this?

Anyway, Gothic > Morrowind > Gothic 2
>>
Why did I prefer Gothic 1 and Risen to 2. The consensus pick is almost always not the best entry.
>>
>>382285817
because you're a faggot

2 with NoTR is the best
>>
File: 1458028707096.png (78KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1458028707096.png
78KB, 2000x2000px
>>382279284
>morrowind
>high fantasy
>>
>>382285234
Early TES can be broken down to basically four phases, so that goes for any game before Morrowind:

Arena: no lore whatsoever, unless you count the provinces itself and the holidays that kind of got retconned later anyway
Daggerfall: fun stuff, the game that created the generac fantasy bits of the lore. History, culture, the daedra, etc.
Battlespire/Redguard: the whimsical phase, when they tried to push the lore into a more interesting direction.
Morrowind: Continues from B/R, but tones down the whimsical bits significantly by making the lore more grounded and finally setting the metaphysics in stone
>>
>>382270409
I don't even play G2 and it automatically wins by default because Morrowind is a steaming pile of dice roll shit.
>>
>>382285923
What's the problem there? Morrowind was high fantasy, that's not really something debatable.
>>
>>382286574
>tones down the whimsical
>when 36 lessons exist
yeah, well about that
>>
File: t3_4xs8e6.png (481KB, 1252x874px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4xs8e6.png
481KB, 1252x874px
>>382286837
E S O T E R I C S C I E N C E F A N T A S Y
>>
File: goty.jpg (331KB, 1586x1048px) Image search: [Google]
goty.jpg
331KB, 1586x1048px
Maybe it's time to stop arguing which archaic piece of trash is better than the other when The Witcher 3 BTFO'd both games hard
>>
>>382286853
surreal/abstract =/= whimsical
>>
>>382286853
That wasn't really whimsical, the 36 lessons was just Kirkbride doing his best Crowley impression. And since the story told in-between the Crowley chapters was essentially propaganda fiction we can't even say it was crazier than some of the shit in Daggerfall, like the book where King Edward goes to war riding on the back of Akatosh while his trusted dunmer companion followed him on a unicorn.

Battlespire on the other hand had you explore an interplanar spaceship. It was not just lore, Battlespare had you experience everything firsthand.
>>
>>382287185
This, The Witcher Three has more in-depth combat mechanics, better music, a larger world, characters you care about and an absolutely KINO storyline. What does Gothic 2 have, an overpowered generic wizard at the end?
>>
Gothic 2 is good game but compared to the first one which is a masterpiece it falls flat.
>You are a hero chosen by god
>Dragons are shitty antagonists
>Plot is horseshit and makes no sense, how is all of the ore depleted after one month?
>Combat got random, you either deal 5dmg or deliver a powerful blow
>There are less factions you can join, only three and their respective upgrades
>You cannot get access to actual runes unless you are a mage (palashits don't count)
>Setting got a lot more generic and is no longer as cohesive as in the first one
>You actually never became as strong as in the first iteration
>>
>>382286985
Don't kid yourself, Morrowind the game was simple high fantasy. Kirkbride shitting out some crap 10 years later doesn't retroactively change anything. Beside KINMUNE has nothin to do with Morrowind anyway.
>>
>>382287850
>>382287185
It honestly isn't that good. 8/10 at most.
>>
>>382287850
>What does Gothic 2 have?
gameplay
>>
>>382272621
Yes, you are lucky if all you come across is a scrib. If you try to go directly along the river instead of the trail there's a cliff racer there who will maul your level 1 ass.
>>
Lmao @ all the low IQ subhumans here praising old as fuck shitty western boring rpgs. You sons of whores are almost as bad as those cancerous "gamers" who love interactive movies and cinematic experiences. They get out of gaming and go watch movies and you retarded lot should get out of gaming and go read your retarded books and play your geeky loser table top eternal virgin games.

Thank god Japanese ACTION RPGs killed boring western RPGS. GAMEPLAY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT, not 100 hours of text, voice acting and boring retarded story no sane person gives a fuck about.

I am glad games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen etc. etc. are the pinnacle of RPGs today, ACTION RPGs are infinitely better than boring ass RPGS, especially western RPGS.

Fuck RPGS, to hell with RPGS, give me ACTION RPGS and ACTION RPGS only.

God bless From Software for saving GAMING from the interactive movie/cinematic experience cancer and from the "muh western rpg, 100 horus of voice acting, reading and boring story, sir cuckland of yarlstad,from the northern planes, miss whoreborne of the cancer from the south, SHUT THE FUCK NOBODY GIVES A FUCK" GARBAGE GAMES.

Also, fuck GoG and everything they stand for, GoG needs to die, these old garbage games need to die off for good.
>>
>>382288973
>this isn't even copypasta

so much autism
>>
>>382285780
Are you retarded? How in the fuck could you prefer Gothic 1 to Gothic 2?
>>
>>382289284
this guy has it pretty much right >>382287885
>>
>>382287885
>You actually never became as strong as in the first iteration

Dying is a bitch. Xardas is a good necromancer, but he is not THAT good.

Anways, I agree with everything.
>>
File: lol(3).gif (608KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
lol(3).gif
608KB, 500x281px
>>382288973

>says wrpgs are bad and Jrpgs are good
>only citates japanese rpgs heavily inspired on the western ones
>says jrpgs, the pinacle of turn-based and interactive animes, have good gameplay

You live in a reality of your own, right? Your head must be a mess.
>>
>>382288973
>>382289097
might be an attempt to create one
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.