[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good /v/? I enjoyed the first one on PS1 and this seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Digimon World Next Order.png (404KB, 1000x448px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon World Next Order.png
404KB, 1000x448px
Is this good /v/? I enjoyed the first one on PS1 and this seems to be in the style of that.
>>
Then you will like this
>>
>>382266710
Are there any noticeable quality of life upgrades?
>>
>>382266758
Sorry I havent actually played it but Ive seen a lot of gameplay of it
There is a digimon general on /vg/ maybe ask there
>>
>>382266758
I was also a big fan of digimon world and it left a very meh impression on me.still got farther than I ever did in the first one.
>>
>>382266758
Yes. It feels like a budget game though and the difficulty spikes are random as hell.
>>
>>382266459
It's a lot easier; more you play, more you increase in levels to get points that you spend on upgrades. Upgrades increase the survivability of your digimon, let them have more attacks, give them a higher percentage of their stats when they die, make them gain more stats when they train, and so on.

That said, you kind of just spend a huge chunk of time of just sitting there training, and it lacks a huge amount of the charm the first game had. It's definitely not for everyone (Cyber Sleuths would probably be a more solid general pick for Digimon fans in terms of newer games), but you could still potentially find this one pretty fun.
>>
File: evolution-dw1.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
evolution-dw1.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>382266758
The branching evolution mechanics are generally more transparent and less punishing. You have to TRY to get something totally useless and I don't think there are any dead ends.

One useful feature in particular is you can eventually recruit an NPC who can block specific evolutions, making it easier to get the one you want.
>>
I'm too busy raising my digimon instead of going through the story mode, is that bad?
>>
>>382266758
Basically every flaw from World 1 was fixed.
>>
>>382266459
visually impresive, but the gameplay isnt great, your mons are ai controlled in battle so all you can do really is keep tossing healing items and occasionally special moves once you've unlocked them.

pet simulator part becomes incredibly tedious

if we got the locations of this game and the battle mechanics of cyber sleuth that would have been awesome.
>t. someone who has play 120+ hours in this game
>>
>>382269936
That's why it's a digimon world game and not a digimon story game. What you just said is basically that you've never played the original and were expecting a JRPG.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.