[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KOTOR is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: KotOR_Cover.png (662KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662KB, 768x960px
>Linear action game masquerading an an RPG
>Combat that literally plays itself
>Light side is just being a decent human being, dark side is being a cartoon villian
>Money is pretty much meaningless
>Story choices amount to little more than "do easy thing and have everyone hate you" or "do slightly harder thing and have everyone love you"
>Force powers are all boring and mostly redundant
>Get railroaded into having to help your annoying companions instead of getting to be your own man
Why do people like this game again?
>>
>>382257591
Its fun
>>
>>382257591
Some people are young and kotor was their first rpg and they dont know any better

Some are just huge fags and like bioware games
>>
Murdering all the annoying cunts in your party before the starforge was p fun tho
>>
>>382257591
>game is literally DND
>WAH NOT AN RPG
>>
>>382257591
Because it's a Star Wars RPG no matter how linier it is, and those things are rarer than gold. It's easy to be in the top 10 of a category that doesn't even have 10.
>>
>>382257591
Its same the same generation of millenials who think that Halo was a good fps.

Literally babbies first rpg on their new xbox console, same goes for halo and fps.
>>
>>382257591
>masquerading an an RPG

your choices literally matter in these games and affect your relationship with all the characters, much batter than the ME trilogy did it
>>
>>382257591
tfw this apply to the Mass Effect as well
>>
>>382258178
99% of the choices in kotor amount to No thank you doing a good deed is the only reward I need vs Yes I will take the reward and also I murder u now lel
>>
>>382258414
Show me one choice option that is "No thanks, I don't need a reward" and the only other option being "Give me your money and I'll stab you!" "Don't you mean or?" -glass him-
>>
>>382257591
I really liked that one investigation sidequest on Dantooine and the great variation in environments
>>
>>382257591
Because
>it's Star Wars
>it's a good gateway RPG for people who have never touched anything resembling an RPG
>it has a fun twist that you might not see coming
>it gave way to KOTOR 2
>>
>>382257591
The plottwist was pretty cool and It made me actually switch from light side to dark side when it was revealed.

Also I played it relatively recently a couple of years ago and I wasn't spoiled yet so it was a great experience.

It's not a masterpiece but I don't regret my time with it. I liked it better than the patched KOTOR 2 game actually.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.