[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Dungeon stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Darkest-Dungeon-dlc.jpg (727KB, 1000x1671px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest-Dungeon-dlc.jpg
727KB, 1000x1671px
a darkest dungeon tale

>already beaten dd once
>get dlc
>start in radiant mode because i want to have comfy fun
>arrive to Baron quest
>had to leave
>try again immediately because "that was the weak party but now you'll see"
>had to run away in defeat again
>return to hamlet
>7 heroes full stress, no gold left, the crow stole 8 fucking trinkets while i was away
>do few level 1 dungeons to make some gold again
>in a lv1 dungeon ecounter only dlc enemies
>main hellion dies, 2 more people ful stressed

fuck the baron, fuck the rng and fuck red hook for creating this pile of bullshit difficulty and unfairness that is this dlc.

and how is your game going?
>>
Man that crocodile is bullshit. I didn't expect him and I got fucked so hard.
>>
>FUCK THIS FUCKING RNGFEST
>ITS JUST ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY
>POORLY MADE FLASH-TIER SHIT

I think I covered all the bases, there's your Darkest Dungeon thread. I can tell you people to just fucking get better at the game, but who am I fucking kidding DUDE LMAO RNG.
>>
>>382254335
>apex predator
>what is t-
>35 dmg

OK THEN """"LV 1 SHORT MISSION"""
>>
>>382254916
This is the only bad thing about the expansion to me, it does a pretty lame job of showing you what you're in for the first time around.
>>
>>382254580
you can be good but if you know the game it IS true that sometimes the rng fucks you up.
sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are.
>>
>>382254916
Short? Man it had many paths and roomfights, like, what do I do if half of my party died before the Crocofucker's fight?
>>
somebody beat the dlc?
i want to know if the baron is only ""lv3 mission""
how much hard does it get later, compared to the base game?
>>
File: funatic.jpg (48KB, 730x404px) Image search: [Google]
funatic.jpg
48KB, 730x404px
hey guys how ya doin' just passing through don't mind me as i ERASE your party

remember when the collector was supposed to be a big deal? now when he appears i laugh at him
>>
>>382255360
Baron is so much harder than any veteran boss. More like a champion boss.
>>
>>382254580
>get better at the game

tell me that again when 2 traps in a corridor not scouted hits the same guy and he dies.
try tell me that when you get 3 food check in a short dungeon.
and many more things.

it IS a rngfest, stop pretending it's not

>LOL THIS IDIOTS CANT PLAY GIT GUD

fuck off
>>
>>382257571
>Traps
Semi valid point, however, scouting 100% reveals them. Meaning they can be dealt with, especially considering the units that deal with traps best tend to have scout trinkets, plus new District structure which gives you a bit more Scouting.

>Food
Buy as much food as possible and be conservative with it, especially in short dungeons for cases like that. Also, again, District structure that gives you a bit more food each week, making it much easier to pull this off whilst also being able to use some for healing.

Once again, there are ways to deal with this shit, and there's no reason they should be your eventual downfall if you just fucking play smart and safe.
>>
File: 113-0-1455792670.jpg (174KB, 1421x1080px) Image search: [Google]
113-0-1455792670.jpg
174KB, 1421x1080px
>>382257571
Git gud
Also plaguedoctor best girl or is it just me?
>>
>>382257571
There needs to be certainties to account for. You can't build a game entirely on risk, otherwise its just gambling at that point.

Take hunger for example. The game recommends that you take about 2 party portions worth of food into a dungeon. In an extreme case, maybe there could be a third check for unprepared players, but as the game stands, you could just as well have 4 hunger checks. Something could also be said about the frequency of hunger checks, like having one after the other in separate rooms or two to three rooms after a bonfire. There's just no certainty from the game (which I guess is part of the appeal) and that makes it unnecessarily frustrating to play.
>>
>>382258324
of course you can deal with traps if you get the scout, no shit. if you don't get the scout you can't deal with the traps and you get damage. that's a valid point.

i could make so many examples and you would have an answer everytime, it doesn't matter.

the point that i'm making here is that this game is rng based, many things sometimes are out of your control.

i'm actually fine with that, i accept it, but saying that this game is 100% about skill is just ridiculous.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.