[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oblivion VS Skyrim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: oblivionVSskyrim.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oblivionVSskyrim.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
Let's settle this once and for all:

Which one was better?
>>
Oblivion but it's close. The quests put it over the top.
>>
Elder Scrolls Online.
>>
Skyrim
Jesus just think of the horrible designs in oblivion
mechanics wise they are about the same
even though skyrim took out quite a couple of things

It's probably Skyrim SE that's superior to Oblivion with DLCs.
>>
>>382252561
Elder Scrolls: Legends
>>
>>382252561
Morrowind Mainquest
Oblivion Faction and sidequests.
Skyrim the best at everything else and second in the other two.

This cannot be refuted.
>>
>>382255283

Oblivion has too few factions to really bring it over the top.

honestly, counting three guilds and the DB, that's four faction quest lines that are not ALL that good outside of the DB.

Morrowind has
-Three houses
-Three guilds
-Ashlander quests
-Legion quests
-Morag Thong quests
-Twin Lamps quests

all of which have their own neat little story. If Oblivion had included knightly orders and more political stuff going on apart from the crisis it would have had a lot more space to develop.
>>
Both shit who cares
>>
>>382252561
Oblivion. The only thing it needs is a fix for its retarded leveling system and it's golden.
>>
I havent really played any of the elder scrolls games. I did a few quests in skyrim when that first came out but it's starting to be a long time ago. Should i give it another chance anons?
>>
>>382256220
Just about all the guilds were "Do random stuff until you are in charge"

I prefer the move to narrative driven guild questlines.
Morrowind was guilty of being MMO tier in many instances.

The FG and the TG had a conflict but that is as close as it got.
>>
>>382256421

there's no fixing for the missing lore, missing factions and shit main quest though

>>382256451

yes but start with at least morrowind. You will find yourself falling in favor of either more content or more accessible gameplay and morrowind seems to be the tie breaker of "too much diceroll" vs "too much baby casual holding" for everyone.

>>382256552
>Just about all the guilds were "Do random stuff until you are in charge"

for the beginner quests maybe, which isn't exactly wrong, at the later stages you're spying and sabotagging, that's what Oblivion doesn't have, factions that just want to fuck with eachother. Oblivion barely has factions for being a larger world than Morrowind.
>>
>>382256859
>missing lore
Don't give a shit
> missing factions
Which one's were these? Genuinely curious.
>shit main quest
I liked it...
>>
People are remembering Oblivion like it was good? When did this happen?
>>
I spent more time on Skyrim but I have fonder memories of Oblivion.
>>
>>382257145
There is a trend you should understand. Either you think all the elder scrolls games are terrible (which they kinda are) or you vastly favor one specific one over all the rest.
>>
>>382252561
Oblivion
>>
>>382252561
Oblivion
>>
>>382256220
Quality over quantity lad.
>>
>>382256859
Oblivions guilds were a case of quality over quantity.

I believe you would agree the Imperial cult was the worst faction out of all the games.Meeting Talos was neat though.
>>
>>382252561
Oblivion
>>
Oblivion only because the gates don't fly out of the sky and force a battle when I'm trying to do other shit.
>>
>>382252561
Skyrim desu because we can all unambiguously hate it. That is something to be valued.
>>
>>382252561
Oblivion, especially with mods
>>
>>382257145
Nostalgia takes about ten years to kick in.
Soon ,as the Morrowindfags age out ,the Oblivionfags will become the pretentious fucks complaining about the latest installment.
>>
>>382257053
>Which one's were these? Genuinely curious.

Cyrodil was supposed to be divided culturally along the lines of the Nibenians and Colovians, each having very strong differences and cold relationships with eachother, the imperial city and the empire serving as the main bridge between them. The Akaviri influences would have been far stronger than just Cloudruler temple, with entire towns being Japanese-styled.

The legion would be a massively more complex body with a proper active fort for itself, full of administration officials, barracks, training facilities, workshops and it's own treasury, besides a naval presence patroling the shores and fighting piracy as well as banditry.

Apart from the legion, each city would have a knightly order dedicated to the cult of their specific divine as you see in their churches. They would pursue their own political interests and running their own militia. There would be more cults as organized bodies, the imperial cult, cult of heroes, worship of tiber septims, and other underground cults similar to the mythic dawn like the monomyth, the alessian cult, emperor zero, etc.

The economy and most of the traffic would have been done by boat through river networks instead of the land roads we saw. There would be merchants guilds, transport guilds, banks, private security companies, and corporations for shit like wine presses and bakeries.

imagine all the quests for all these things. The world Oblivion was supposed to be set in was meant to be orders of magnitude more complex, diverse and busy than Morrowind was.
>>
>>382258870
Now was any of this actually cut or was it just implied by your aforementioned lore to be there?
>>
>>382259095

are you saying it would be justified either way? the game was fucking barebones, world-building wise. No political tension or cultural context whatsoever.

Todd did promise a lot of that before the game was out by the way.
>>
>>382259260
No but it would be even less justified if it was actually in the game to begin with. I was pretty happy with what we got faction wise, though I do wish they added the option to join the rivaling side for each one.
>>
>>382252561
All you have to do is compare the dark brotherhood quests in both games and you will see that Oblivion is clearly FAR superior to Skyrim.
How good was that house party quest?
>>
>>382252561
skyrim
>>
>>382259531
>No but it would be even less justified if it was actually in the game to begin with

there was a substantial chunk of stuff that got taken out because they were very incompetent at working out before the deadline, kinda like that 40% of shit in skyrim years later.

the famous radiant AI(tm) being the most important, and the claim that there were thousands of lines for each individual character in each city, but mostly quests to flesh out towns.

https://tcrf.net/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion
>>
>>382260053
Most of the stuff listed in that site seems pretty inconsequential. Not saying that it's okay to be cut, but it doesn't appear like some major storyline or likes is gone.
>>
Oblivion, as advertised, was fairly advanced. Obviously the radiant AI didn't turn out as they promised, but some of it was there. As for Skyrim, I struggle to think of anything as innovative apart from the "infinite gameplay" random shit quests.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.