[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy VI vs VII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 59tzb5B.jpg (879KB, 2000x1404px) Image search: [Google]
59tzb5B.jpg
879KB, 2000x1404px
Had VI been released in 1997 instead of VII (with a polygonal appearance similar to VII) would people still hail VII as the better game?
>>
>>382250039
They are both shit.
>>
File: 534651.jpg (651KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
534651.jpg
651KB, 1280x1024px
>>382250165
Don't be a salty snake.
>>
No. VII has a better story (even if it's a little nonsensical), more interesting characters, better music and a better combat system.
The ugly early 3D graphics of VII are in fact the reason that VI seems to overshadow it these days.
>>
>>382250538
oh wait that should be yes because you implied that VII is widely seen as the superior game.
>>
I think critically VI is viewed as the better game these days.
The reason VII became so popular was because it had a huge advertising campaign and breathtaking cinematics. The widespread popularity of the game led to other elements like music, the plot, materia system becoming iconic. It's a question of how well the scenes in VI would have translated to the pre-rendered cutscenes.
>>
>>382250873
how exactly is VI better?
storywise it's worse, characters are worse, world isn't nearly as interesting and gameplay wise VI is even a step down from V
>>
>>382251075
I agree with you but critically it isn't considered that way. The graphics are considered to have aged much better (which I disagree with). Also Kefka is considered a better villain. FFVI has great moments too like the opening credits in the snow, Kefka burning Doma, the train, the end of the world and Celes with Cid, plus the opera scene. I actually think the characters in VI have generally better motivations than in VII where people like Yuffie just kind of show up. Also Vincent is an awful character.
I like Seven more but its close
>>
>>382251641
my mistake Kefka poisoned the water, he burnt Figaro
>>
>>382250039
Never played 6. Terra just looks like such an unappealing character
>>
File: 23546346.jpg (114KB, 1024x638px) Image search: [Google]
23546346.jpg
114KB, 1024x638px
FFVII is the darkest FF game to date and probably the only one where you can actually see blood. FFVII is the best FF but at the same time is the game that feels like a FF game the least.
>>
>>382250039
No. People only like VII because it was their first. FFVII was one of the earlier waves of casual invasion in gaming.
>>
>>382251641
>better motivations than in VII where people like Yuffie just kind of show up.
Unlike Gogo who was basically the main character of Final Fantasy 6.
>>
>>382250039
>still
They don't do that now.
>>
File: 40136611_big_p2.jpg (340KB, 872x932px) Image search: [Google]
40136611_big_p2.jpg
340KB, 872x932px
>>382252381
wut
>>
Yes. 7 is a complete story, 6's story just ends abruptly after setting itself up. WoR was a huge mistake.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.