[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cutscene has a framedrop >/v/ suddenly hates it WOAH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: WOAH.png (242KB, 340x406px) Image search: [Google]
WOAH.png
242KB, 340x406px
>cutscene has a framedrop
>/v/ suddenly hates it
WOAH
>>
To be fair there's no excuse to have framedrops during something as heavily scripted as a cutscene
>>
>>382249129
there are drops in cut-scene due to the double buffer set up. Even if the PS4 had a Kaby Lake i7 that drop there was going to happen regardless.

http://gameprogrammingpatterns.com/double-buffer.html
>>
>Port on PS4
>Sonygers eat it up
B-but the Switch!
>>
/v/ just hates. If a game has good gameplay but bad graphics /v/ hates it. If a game has lackluster gameplay but great graphics /v/ hates it. If a game looks great and has pretty good gameplay /v/ will find a single flaw and claim the entire game is ruined because of that.

This board flip flops on whats more important constantly.
>>
>>382250118
hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>382248994
What if you were to give this game to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
>>
>>382248994
the reveal being 60fps and then going 30fps when it releases is enough reason to hate it.

The fucking devs admit with that that 60fps was the goal and better.
>>
>>382250484
Is this true? I think it'S actually amazing how they didn't manage to make this game run at 60 fps considering that it's literally just corridors with empty backgrounds. They should all get fired.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>382250026
>he bought a switch for a wiiu port
>>
>>382250585

A drop from 60 doesn't accidentally happen. Executives see the game already running well, so they tell the devs to make it look better until it doesn't run well anymore. A build running at 60 FPS isn't usually met by "wow, this feels great", it's met by "wow, you can make it look so much better!"
>>
>>382250775
>60

its 30 retard
>>
>>382251138
Are you one of those 20 inteligent people i keep hearing about?
>>
>>382250118
>/v/ just hates.
That's all you had to say to get the point across.
The game could be literal perfection by definition in such a way that every single human being that has, currently and ever will exist considers it perfect, and someone from here would STILL hate it just to be a contrarian.
>>
>>382248994
>A fucking video file has frame drops
>Somehow this isn't an indicative for a bad game
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.