[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rimworld; yay or nay? Will it get a discount any time oson?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: header[1].jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
44KB, 460x215px
Rimworld; yay or nay? Will it get a discount any time oson?
>>
I recommend it. It's one of my favourite games.

It's pretty much Dwarf Fortress but a lot more accessible and it has decent graphics. The downside is it doesn't have anywhere near the depth of DF.
>>
It's not going on sale until after early access. Dev posted it on his blog is what I remember seeing in another thread.
>>
>>382246658
>Will it get a discount any time oson?
Nope until it goes out of early access

>Rimworld; yay or nay?
Yes, one of the games i pirated first, played about and bought later.
>>
>>382246658
300 hours into it. Its pretty good.
>>
#!VuZAjZZR!YYggY5SzKgXfWjwbGnW6c-rQZ-aTMHnZ10KTzI71jZw
>>
It's a really good game but I got burned out after 3 avg 9 hour runs
I'm the kind of guy that likes working towards achievements and this game has none so I don't know what else to do that I havent already done.

I know many people here (and the dev) don't like or care for achievements but it's undeniable that they provide free longevity for at least some people
>>
>>382246658
I don't see much appeal with this game. I've played the tutorial and part of a single game and I'm trying to get into it but I just can't/
>>
>>382246658
Its good unless your whole game shits the bed for downloading one janky workshop mod
>>
>>382247632
The community made some challenge maps and settings if you're into that kind of stuff.
>>
>>382246658

One of the best games ever made, imo.
>>
>>382246658
i wish dwarf fort had something like dwarf therapist for military so i wouldn't have to consider playing a cheap knockoff
>>
>>382247585
the fuck is that?
>>
Buy Wurm Unlimited
>>
>>382248249
a mega link
>>
>>382248249
google says its a mega link for rimworld but I won't tell you it's trustworthy
>>
>>382246658
I got bored of it really fast. there's not a lot to do in the game.
>>
File: 1383428828229.jpg (106KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1383428828229.jpg
106KB, 640x960px
OP here; is the dev a decent guy that deserves a bit of dough, or a Phil Fish-esque cunt?
>>
>>382249140
Judging by all the sjw characters in it, id go with not a decent guy., but I dont know him.
>>
>>382249140

He posts monthly updates and talks to his fans on the forums all the time. He got unfairly shit on by SJW game journalists because he tried to implement a sexuality system to characters and it wasn't diverse enough for them.

Make of it what you will.
>>
File: Trihard.png (222KB, 324x411px) Image search: [Google]
Trihard.png
222KB, 324x411px
NOT TONIGHT
>>
>>382249329
>Implying women (Male) isn't the domain of the alt-right
>>
I'd say Yay. There's a lot to like in the base game, trying new colony types (crashed, rich, tribal, nomads) and industries (art, arms, animals). Official updates tend to have big changes that make the game worth coming back to.

For best results, play on Rough difficulty. The game is most fun when everything is going wrong.

Also don't try to grow too fast. The richer your colony is, the worse raider attacks will be, and you may not have good enough guns to fend them off. You always have the option to have your colonists run away. The Raiders will leave when they've done enough damage.
>>
>>382249329
What SJW characters? I think you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>382246658

It's pretty shit, you can take care of pretty much all survival related issues within a couple of in game weeks and the game just doesn't have enough variety to continue playing past that point. There's also a lot of annoying micromanagement you'll have to do if you want your colony to run efficiently (a must past the lower difficulties)

Mods fix a lot of the game's problems but bring a bunch of their own
>>
>>382250032
>Roll random characters
>get fat woman with pink hair in an interracial relationship with a black woman with purple hair
>>
>>382251562

>wow the random generator is random

kys
>>
>>382251562
SJW doesn't mean "nonwhite/nonhetero stuff is present". SJW means "nonwhite/nonhetero stuff is emphasized to the point of pretentiousness".

Are you in middle school?
>>
>>382249561

It's an okay distraction for a bit until but it's still very simple in a lot of ways.

If you're playing dorf fort i'd recommend buying rimworld when it's at a massive discount.

If you haven't played dorf fort i'd recommend you play dorf fort. If for whatever reason you don't want to bother with dorf fort then i wouldn't recommend rimworld either.

If you are still looking for a management sim you're better off with something like Banished or Anno 1401, The Settlers 7 or Prison Architect.
>>
>>382253163
didnt mean to quote
>>
Yeah it's pretty fun.
>>
>early access
>30 dollars

Automatically no.
>>
>>382251562
>>382252596

Can you customize and edit your own characters, or are they all completely RNG?
>>
>>382254241
You need the Prepare Carefully mod for that
>>
>>382254241
its random, but you can reroll them as many times as you want.
>>
>>382246658
>Early access
>£22.99
Are you fucking serious? Get it at a serious discount, £23 is overpriced as fuck.
>>
it's worth the money. pirate it if you wanna try it out because it's not going on sale
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.