[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elric of Melnibone. Vidya adaptation. Can it be done?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

Elric of Melnibone.
Vidya adaptation. Can it be done?
>>
File: elric_by_theirison-d36pism.jpg (454KB, 572x864px) Image search: [Google]
elric_by_theirison-d36pism.jpg
454KB, 572x864px
>>382245194
>>
>>382245194
Hey Razorfist
>>
>>382246826
Not him but thanks for caring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P80UTMrpFIY&t
>>
>>382245194
I would think so.
You also have the perfect opportunity for co-op play with all of the different incarnations of the eternal champion.
>>
>>382245194
literally who
>>
>>382247214
Gunslinging as Oswald and cutting down bitches Corum with Traitor in hand.
Can see it happening.
>>
File: Waifu material.jpg (1024KB, 2254x2386px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu material.jpg
1024KB, 2254x2386px
>>382247320
One of the best fantasy series ever made and one of the reasons people like Warhammer and DnD.
>>
>>382247320
Western Berserker
>>
>>382245194
You would only be able to cover a narrow slice of his journey...or you'd need like ten current AAA analogues to cover the gist of it.

>>382247214
>You also have the perfect opportunity for co-op play with all of the different incarnations of the eternal champion.
Being able to summon the forms of your preincarnations to fight along side you...after playing through their own stories to shape and develop them...HHHHNNNNNGGGGGGGG
>>
>>382247541
I think you mean "Beserk but with consistent quality".

Elric didn't ever lapse into whatever the fuck Berserk has turned into.
>>
File: awd1q.jpg (27KB, 478x415px) Image search: [Google]
awd1q.jpg
27KB, 478x415px
>>382247578
OR
And this is just me thinking out loud here

MOBA
>>
>>382247869
What is: "How to damn a great idea for all time for 1000", Alex?
>>
>>382248031
The monkey paw cares not for great source material.

>>382247578
I'd love to see an adventure similar to how the Black Swords Song was or how Red Pearls made him go to an unexplored area and meeting his aunt Fernrath.
>>
>>382248262
That's the great thing about Elric's saga; even if you only wanted to make one game, you could pull from virtually anywhere in his life and have a ready-built epic.
>>
Na, fuck him and every shitty setting and character inspired by him.
>>
>>382248476
Definitely. It's a great series.
>>
>>382245194
I've read (most of) the cycle recently, and I enjoyed it, but IMO Moorcock's ideas are better than his execution. I can see his influence clearly in a lot of stuff like DnD, Warhammer, really big name settings which ripped his ideas off without shame. But while his worldbuilding is great, his stories are often pretty routine. With some exceptions, of course. And today, so many sources ripped him off an Elric based game would feel derivative in some ways, I'm afraid.

Stormbringer is pretty damn cool, though.
>>
File: DONUT.jpg (787KB, 2944x1338px) Image search: [Google]
DONUT.jpg
787KB, 2944x1338px
>>382250356
Stormbringer is pretty damn awesome.

Seriously. Why are there SO MANY ELRIC RIPOFFS?
>>
>>382250356
>Moorcock's ideas are better than his execution
Funnily enough, that's what he says about himself.
“I think of myself as a bad writer with big ideas, but I'd rather be that than a big writer with bad ideas”
>>382248476
Yeah but personally, his adventures after the fall of Melnibone are the most intresting from a narrative perspective. An outcast from even his own kind, on the run and taking odd jobs everywhere he can just to survive until next day with only his only constant companion being the same devil sword that took away the only woman he ever truly loved.
>>
>>382250915
I don't think every white haired character is an Elric rip-off.

Moorcock did hit a sweet spot with him, though. I guess people were being tired of virtuous and strong fantasy heroes, so his timing with creating dark and brooding anti-hero was perfect. He didn't do enough with Order-versus-Chaos though, IMO, I mean for the most part it's pretty clear that Order is good and just and Chaos is degenerate and icky. There's one moment where Elric's friends visit a realm of almost absolute Order where the last being is trying to will itself out of existence, but it would be nice to have more of those.

>>382251163
Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that quote, it's nice that he was self-aware.
>>
>>382251293
>There's one moment where Elric's friends visit a realm of almost absolute Order where the last being is trying to will itself out of existence, but it would be nice to have more of those.
Which part is that? Are you talking about where Elric finds the Horn?

Also, you need to go beyond the Elric saga and explore the rest of the Moorock bilbliography to find the Lords of Law as an antagonistic force.
>>
>>382251518
>Which part is that?
It's where they're trying to find the Gray Lords (Ragnar and Moonglum and the gang, actually I don't think Elric is even there with them) while a horde of disgusting Asiatic non-Mongols are marching to Tanelorn. It's pretty close to the end of the cycle.

>explore the rest of the Moorock bilbliography
Well, I also read Warhound, but the rest kind of intimidates me with its verbosity. Would you say Corrum's stuff is good? Is that more pro-Chaos?
>>
>>382251775
>It's where they're trying to find the Gray Lords (Ragnar and Moonglum and the gang, actually I don't think Elric is even there with them) while a horde of disgusting Asiatic non-Mongols are marching to Tanelorn. It's pretty close to the end of the cycle.
Ahhh yeah, i think i recall this one.
>>382251775
>Well, I also read Warhound, but the rest kind of intimidates me with its verbosity. Would you say Corrum's stuff is good? Is that more pro-Chaos?
Nope. It's standard Chaos as an antagonistic force.. Arioch(the SAME Arioch from Elric no less), Xiombarg and Mabelode are the principal antagonists and act as the big bads for the first trilogy. Second trilogy is a bit different.

You want Lords of Law as antagonists? Keep up with Von Bek and go for Blood next. The War Amongst the Angels is where it escalates.
But i got a different one for ya. You want an Elric story with the Lords of Law as antagonists? Can share one with ya.
>>
>>382252030
>>382251775
FYI Corum is good and the second trilogy especially but it's more standard.
Hawkmoon, while not entirely related, has the forces of Law, represented by Granbretan be the big bads. Or atleast, that's how i interpreted it.

Apparently, Hawkmoon might be the series that gave us the God Emperor of Mankind from W40k as well.
>>
>>382252030
I'm curious now, what's the story? I should mention that I read the Pearl Fortress story, and I know it's followed by other related stories, but it was a bit too verbose and the only part I really enjoyed was the middle, where they were going through the dreams, so I kind of dropped those late stories. And I know there's some ridiculous Elric-and-Nazis-and-Stormbringer story, I actually want to read that at some point.

>>382252219
>Hawkmoon might be the series that gave us the God Emperor of Mankind from W40k as well
Always thought that was Dune?
>>
>>382252315
>Always thought that was Dune?
It's a mixture. W40k is a hodgepodge. Hawkmoon is another part of it.
http://stormbringer.wikia.com/wiki/King_Huon
>>382252315
>And I know there's some ridiculous Elric-and-Nazis-and-Stormbringer story, I actually want to read that at some point.
Do it but it's more of a continuation of the Von Bek storyline but it gets fucking nuts. There are characters that you should know, like Klosterheim and Gaynor that are major factors in it.
>so I kind of dropped those late stories.
Shame. It gets really good. The one i'm talking about is much shorter.
>>
>>382252606
>The one i'm talking about is much shorter.
Which is that one, then? Pls tell me. I have really have to go now but I want to hear it!
>>
>>382252821

Here you go. Black Blade's Song. Use Icecream Book reader.

https://mega.nz/#!csgGBAJA!uITCnVxZXEw4QC65iuBFcfqE5vig7d_tC5KioGhepIY

Have the other books as well.

https://mega.nz/#!5lp0SZaC!Yz3fD0FwGi1xVpWgxvM2u59LrzEbL6hiMBuC8GHHkoM
>>
>>382253039
Thank you very much!
>>
>>382245194
Just play the Witcher :^)
>>
File: 1478626082770.jpg (29KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1478626082770.jpg
29KB, 300x259px
>>382245194
>some shitty Witcher ripoff

No thanks.
>>
>>382253426
>>382253591
Fuck off polacks.
>>
File: razor.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
razor.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>382246826
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.