[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a steam sale will never ever be this fun again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: steam-monster-summer-sale[1].png (663KB, 907x577px) Image search: [Google]
steam-monster-summer-sale[1].png
663KB, 907x577px
>a steam sale will never ever be this fun again
>>
i joined reddit's team and got the 100 mil badge since /v/ just couldn't do it
>>
>Can't even turn all this useless shit in my Steam Inventory into Gems
>Have to sell each card and background one at a time now
Fuck off
>>
>>382239871
/v/ did it multiple times
>>
>>382239779

>this was your favorite steam sale

It was smart of them to make that game so people would focus on the game and not how lackluster the overall sales were,

2011 was the only real memorable steam sale. Really great deals and a nice gimmick. Literally got a free game from 2011's sale. Monster game gave you a dumb badge. Cool.
>>
>>382239779
>daily deel
>59.99

kek
>>
It's a shame steam refunds killed daily specials and flash sales.
>>
>>382240335
>When Steam sales stopped focusing on Good deals and more on faggots to boost their steam levels
>>
File: Eab6Iqc.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Eab6Iqc.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>382239779
>That fucking music

https://youtu.be/a1Wgv-hmFEs
>>
File: MSG1.jpg (27KB, 780x155px) Image search: [Google]
MSG1.jpg
27KB, 780x155px
>>
File: st.png (36KB, 646x175px) Image search: [Google]
st.png
36KB, 646x175px
>tfw you finished the minigame at lvl 100.000.000
>>
>>382240481
Yes, let's blame basic fucking consumer rights for Valve's jewery.
>>
Funnest thing about that was learning JavaScript to make scripts for the game to play itself
>>
>>382239779
2015 was a shit sale.

Not as shit as this years' though.

Fucking stickers.
>>
File: 5545454515.gif (1MB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
5545454515.gif
1MB, 400x170px
>>382239779
>that shit
>fun
I remember the coal sale, now that was fun, go thru all your games and the free and get rewards for it. I remember winning 2 Dota2 keys that in that long forgotten age people went crazy over it and i traded em for 2 copies of Killing Floor so i could play with my pals. Aw man, those were the Steam days...
>>
>>382242373
more like blame jewery on both sides. the system would still work if people were decent
>>
>>382239935
are gems even worth it?
>>
>>382239779
Surely you picked the wrong screen shot. You're talking about a sale never being as fun as the coal sale, right? The clicker game was a shit event and a shit sale.
>>
>>382245668
All Valve would need to do is to make it so that refund money won't be sent until the sale ends, that fixes everything. But no, Valve won't do it, cuz that won't pay their Snicker bars.
>>
>>382246415
What? That's garbage and holding money hostage. The system is 90 percent automated and Valve has (had?) the highest income to employee ratio of any company. They just needed to add more servers so it wouldn't get overloaded, but Valve refuses to do anything that won't make them more money unless they get sued.

Stop blaming other people for Valve's greed and anti-consumer decisions.
>>
>>382246203
they can be turned into booster packs without paying valve tax, so 102% efficiency if you want to do that

>>382246415
eu law is probably specific, or processing refunds from retards who can't wait for flash sales is a huge bitch
>>
>>382246602
Anon, Valve did claim that they can't do flash and dailies because refunds anymore, I just suggested a method for fixing it.
>>382246661
I'm pretty sure as long as they add it into EULA, they can do it since users would agree to it. At least it should be since I'm pretty sure freedom of contract is in use everywhere here in Europe.
>>
>>382246969
>I'm pretty sure as long as they add it into EULA, they can do it since users would agree to it.
Wrong. EULAs can't supersede laws.
>>
>>382246969
nah, this was discussed when they started: eula doesn't overrule law of the land
>>
Why can't Valve just have something like a preorder price guarantee? Buy something during a sale, get it for its lowest price during a sale (beyond that point). That way you still have people buying things as they come along, and if the price goes lower, they'll love the sale (and Valve) even more, and you can get other people who weren't impressed enough by the game to buy it but will jump on it when they see a really good deal they only have a limited amount of time to jump on. And having it so it's not lowest price retroactively means you have to actually follow flash and daily deals if you want the best prices on games you haven't otherwise bought, and can't just wait until the last day to see the 'real' sale price everything.
>>
>>382240481
Don't forget all the people that would whine on popular websites valve is known to frequent (reddit) about how flash sales were unfair since they missed deals. If I can't get a good deal then nobody can.
>>
>>382247329
i remember a bit of whining due to being at work, school, etc while a flash was on, but it kept to the town of "this is just how it is," more than a petition for change
>>
>>382241531
Jesus Christ, that's some high octane autism
>>
>>382247794
You could literally just bot it.
>>
>>382247263
Because they have to deal with transaction fees, while also making less money off a sale.
>>
funnest thing was after getting the badge i had a bad script that was off sync or whatever i used to grief and redditors cried about the room they were in getting fucked and i just knew it was me
>>
>>382247998
Real accomplishment there
>>
>>382247794
>he never super jumped
>>
>>382239779
That really was a great time. Steam has become unimaginative and more a business now than ever
>>
>>382248093

>ruining your mouse for a badge

very smart, anon
>>
>>382239871
/v/ did it as well
I got it with /v/ exploiters without exploiting anything myself

you're just a traitor and you better stick with your redditor friends instead of coming here anymore
>>
File: 100mirrion.jpg (13KB, 315x236px) Image search: [Google]
100mirrion.jpg
13KB, 315x236px
>>382241531
representing
>>
>>382248093
It's not like it was worth actively playing every new day of the sale. See how far you can get on your own, then experience people achieving massive combos that build up over 15 minutes and level up as high as you got over a whole day in one big boost.
>>
>>382245453
Too bad that was also the last time Valve did anything like this because nigger couldn't stop draining the pricepool of free games dry by buying indiebundles for 1 cent and pooling the coal from thousands of accounts.
Literally can't have nice things.
>>
>>382249247
Humble Bundle fixed that by adding the 1 dollar minimum for steam keys right after the sale. Not wanting to try again is pure Valve jewery. Stop blaming the consumer.

Keep in mind this is also back when there weren't a hundred different bundle sites and bundles going on at every minute. Valve could have actually, you know, communicated with the largest bundle site out there. But you know them. Their fans love cryptic shit with no information! Transparency is for scary companies! Valve's your friend, so secrets are okay.
>>
File: teams.png (64KB, 1572x702px) Image search: [Google]
teams.png
64KB, 1572x702px
Which team were you on, /v/?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.