[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Reminder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: JC.png (268KB, 432x454px) Image search: [Google]
JC.png
268KB, 432x454px
Bad graphics in a modern game is usually a green flag

Creating super realistic Horizon or Battlefront tier graphics costs insane amounts of money and development time and most of the time the game has to focus all its development and money on the graphics which results in garbage gameplay.

This is what kills the video game industry because the devs spend all their money and workforce on creating realistic graphics but then put the gameplay to the side, but normies will still buy it because normies only care about super realistic graphics. It's easier to make a shit game with good graphics than a great game with shit graphics.

But a shit game with good graphics will always sell and make profit from normies who buy any garbage with good graphics.

And after the studio has invested fuckton of money into the graphics, they also need fuckton of sales to gain any profit from the game and not go negative.

So what do they do to make sure they get enough sales? They dumb the game down, make it easy and casual, accessible for every normie who only plays video games for 2 hours on a Sunday on his console. Easier and more casual game = more sales. If they created a hardcore Morrowind or Gothic like game then it would only make profit from the hardcore old school gamers, which is a small minority in the game industry populated by normies.

Even one of the devs of The Witcher 3 admitted they dumbed down the game so that it sells more in the West.

This is exactly the reason why old games are better, because the main focus was on gameplay, and the graphics didn't matter at all.

That's also why indie games have shit graphics, because creating amazing graphics today is ridiculously expensive and only big studios can afford it. But that's also why indie games usually are known to have better gameplay than the AAA games.

TL;DR: graphics ruined video game industry
>>
I don't want real life, i'll go outside for that. Give me back art styles and sheeeit. Seriously, I became a huge fucking fan of these horror games like powerdrill massacre because they look like video games. I'm actually very sick of
>gigantic super realistic forest you can explore but do nothing in
>massive huge city to explore with no gameplay, but hey, at least it looks like real life
>>
>muh archaic games are better

Go to bed grandpa

The only thing that matters is the graphics. Its' what makes video games fun
>>
File: prepill.jpg (532KB, 1356x1417px) Image search: [Google]
prepill.jpg
532KB, 1356x1417px
>>
>>382240005
Is that why minecraft is the most popular game in the world? eh heh, checkmate athists
>>
What does it take to create super realistic graphics for 2017 standard? - Tens of millions of $ and a huge development team

What does it take to create a good gameplay - Just your talent.

That's why most games are shit because they are made by talentless hacks who don't create good gameplay so they have to rely on graphics and cinematic garbage to attract normies. And surprisingly it works very well.
>>
File: w3.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
w3.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
Then how do you explain The Witcher 3 being the best game ever created OP?
>>
File: Armağan Yavuz.jpg (36KB, 314x400px) Image search: [Google]
Armağan Yavuz.jpg
36KB, 314x400px
The original mount & blade, not warband, I'm talking Mount & Blade, was made by a husband and wife in their home in Turkey as an independent project, and they made it out of their love for old strategy games and history novels.
The game might look 5 years older than it's release date but the you can't deny the scale and depth being quite impressive.
>>
>>382239308
Hence why every mediocre Square Enix game takes a decade to develop. Those fucking japs are so obsessed with making everything have sparkly, ridiculous, ADD-catering effects.
>>
>>382239308
Outright bad graphics are just as much of a red flag as ultra-expensive supergrafix; at least with the latter some effort was invested SOMEWHERE while with bad graphics no effort was invested anywhere. Part of what keeps me away from a lot of indie games is that while the gameplay looks like it might be enjoyable the graphics are so shit (often deliberately so to evoke that "retro" aesthetic but going beyond even that) that I can hardly tell what the fuck is meant to be going on, catapulting me right out of the experience.

Good (not necessarily amazing) graphics with great gameplay is the next best thing to the perfection of amazing/amazing; gameplay comes at negligible cost while keeping a reasonable graphics budget gives the players a pleasing visual experience while keeping development costs under control. Win-win.
>>
File: black-square-1-1349462611_org.jpg (42KB, 2132x2132px) Image search: [Google]
black-square-1-1349462611_org.jpg
42KB, 2132x2132px
>>382239308
We're 100% BLACK.
>>
File: 1498136209454.png (242KB, 636x548px) Image search: [Google]
1498136209454.png
242KB, 636x548px
>Even one of the devs of The Witcher 3 admitted they dumbed down the game so that it sells more in the West.

>western game
>dumbed down to sell more in the west
>>
>>382241086
the actual gameplay is pretty terrible
>>
>>382241543
I have to agree. Of course the modern big-budget graphics are so fucking bloated that games can't break even anymore. It's a problem. However, outright bad (lazy, ugly) graphics can ABSOLUTELY ruin a game. Just look at the Steam/iOS ports of Final Fantasy 5 a 6 for an example of bad graphics making an otherwise good game completely fucking unplayable. A big graphics budget isn't necessarily required, but artistic skill certainly is.
>>
>>382240308
>clinging on to worthless traditions and arbitrary divisions in a post-internet world

LMAO
>>
File: Kalergi.jpg (106KB, 599x604px) Image search: [Google]
Kalergi.jpg
106KB, 599x604px
>>382240308
>yfw it's real
>>
>>382242036
Multiculturalism is the lack of culture.
>>
>>382240542
Agree on that one.

Sometimes if we're lucky enough we'll get good graphics and good gameplay
>>
>>382242036
Yeah man we're all the human race, now bend over to Abdul's big Arab cock like a good boy :^)
>>
>>382241543
When I said bad graphics I meant bad graphics for a 2017 standard, like Bioshock 1 or Left 4 Dead graphics in 2017.

Not games like McPixel
>>
>>382242126
that's a retarded argument. culture is always evolving we always have culture. sorry yodeling and being a backwards homogeneous one has been left behind for better things

>>382242158
>fragile white male reveals he hates multiculturalism because he knows he can't compete

LOL
>>
>>382242690
>having to bring your own race down so others can step on it
hmm almost reminds me of another ideology that has a horrible track record in history
>>
>>382242690
Fuck off Abdul
>>
>>382242690
Culture is always evolving, mushing them all together creates a blob incapable of identifying a culture other than the blob itself.

There would be no such thing as "multicultural" after all cultures form to create one, and there's history to prove that doing such creates more problems than it solves.
>>
>>382243178
not to mention that different cultures can clash when put together like western and islamic cultures, which will result into people dying for nothing. Fuck anybody who supports this communist ideology
>>
>>382243431
We have to let African tribes come to the West and let them rape little boys to initiate manhood, as that is their culture. Man, so diverse.
>>
File: ssame_3BFE.jpg (73KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
ssame_3BFE.jpg
73KB, 600x338px
>>382239308
>Creating super realistic Horizon or Battlefront tier graphics costs insane amounts of money
*AAAAAAAAAAs your path*
>>
>>382239308
thanks, now when I make my shit game I can excuse the horrible graphics
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.