[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /v/ I had an idea for something to do with my joycons.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: p-158060-wavebird.jpg (26KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
p-158060-wavebird.jpg
26KB, 500x367px
Alright /v/ I had an idea for something to do with my joycons. I'm thinking of taking them apart and shoving the innards in a cut in half GameCube controller to take their place. One half of the controller on either half of Switch. Best thought is using a Wavebird controller for it to make sure I have enough room for the joycons, but wanted to know if you all had ideas to improve my idea.
>>
File: yes_yes_yes.png (509KB, 532x399px) Image search: [Google]
yes_yes_yes.png
509KB, 532x399px
i'm interested
>>
File: qyshrexks9tx.jpg (73KB, 1352x520px) Image search: [Google]
qyshrexks9tx.jpg
73KB, 1352x520px
>>382235168
Will be hard to do if you don't have proper facilities but it's not technically complex.
>>
>>382236171
I'll likely give it a go, I have a broken wavebird and a set of joycon. Know the easiest way to cut the controller in half? I was thinking a handheld rotary tool
>>
>>382236750
nah, use a red hot pizza cutter.
>>
>>382237014
1000 Degree Pizza Cutter vs. GameCube Wavebird controller
>>
>>382236750
Any fine blade saw like a coping saw would be fine.
>>
>>382237351
Wonderful. Anything else I may need besides the screwdrivers, blades, sandpaper, and potential soldering tool?
>>
>>382238340
Really just the finest toothed saw you can find like an xacto blade, the highest grit wet sandpaper you can get hold of to clean the cut.

I'm not too sure about the dimention differences of both controllers but there should be some difference, so maybe some extra plastic or mouldable substance, I used Oyumaru when I used to do warhammer and it works pretty good, softens up at 80c and hardens like plastic when it cools.

Other than that a solder iron shouldn't be required unless you have to do some work because of the layout of the controller. But even so, i'm sure there are ways to just redirect the input with a mechanical setup since it's just a pressing action that leads to a completion of a circuit.
>>
>>382235168
ABXY and analogs are the best features of GC. Unless you can solder and into electronicsin general, you won't even do buttons right. Then there are analog triggers...
>>
>>382240930
Well it's easy to convert analog into digital in terms of motion, not the reverse.

It would literally be a matter of reducing the distance the buttons depress and hooking it up to the digital module,
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.