[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kotor 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 4yVv1WA[1].jpg (97KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
4yVv1WA[1].jpg
97KB, 1063x752px
What companions should I bring to what planets?
I tried doing the first game blind in this regard and I fucked up at every turn so fuck it.
>>
Knight to E5
>>
>>382234332
it pretty much depends on who you want to gain loyalty with.

you can change party members almost anywhere but the places i remember being impotent is atton being in the refugee center in nar shada, HK-47 and mira in duxen, HK-47 and hanhar in onderond and keria in nar sheda in general. you better off fallowing a guide.
>>
>>382234332
If you fuck up in Kotor2, then maybe it's time to stop gaming.
>>
>>382235246
I'm not talking in terms of which combinations will be the strongest, I mean story-wise.

>>382235170
I don't care much about the influence I just want interesting events.

Will having high or low influence net me any rewards?
>>
>>382236009
>Will having high or low influence net me any rewards?
high influence on atton, bao-dur and the enchani girl allows you to turn them into Jedi or Sith.
>>
>>382236434
Cool.
Is there any point at all in going neutral in this game? Seems like you just miss out on a lot.
>>
Also:
Do I need to min-max to max the influence or can I just bring whoever I want to the planets?
>>
>>382236926
>Is there any point at all in going neutral in this game? Seems like you just miss out on a lot.
It's fun, especially once you've played the game a few times - I definitely wouldn't recommend it for a new player, though; both because it can make the game less enjoyable and because you should always play a game as freely as possible the first time (or first couple of times).

It doesn't change that much, but you do get some dialogue changes. You don't miss out on too much - staying strictly neutral can cause you to miss out on a companion (whose arrival gets triggered by getting a certain amount of alignment in either direction), prestige classing (likewise) and mastery bonuses (for attaining 100% alignment with the Light or Dark side of the Force). In practice, it's very difficult to maintain neutrality for the whole game without getting that much alignment at times, so usually you'll unlock both checks and just have to do without the mastery bonuses.
Bump while I'm answering your other questions
>>
>>382234332
Also make sure you're playing with the Restored Content Mod WITHOUT the droid planet (which comes as a separate add-on)
>>
>>382234332
>>382236009
>>382237219
>Will having high or low influence net me any rewards?
Having a high amount of influence is necessary to unlock a lot of the optional conversations with companions about their backstories, which is interesting in itself, and for some characters (it's pretty easy to work out who) will allow you to train them as Jedi (or Sith). Some characters can also give you bonuses, but for the most part they're interesting but pretty minor, so I wouldn't worry about them for now.
Some of this character development and conversations are some of the best and most interesting content in the game, so I'd highly recommend focusing on the characters you like the best/find most interesting, at least until you see most of their content. Also, having high Influence with the romanceable characters will lead into some romance subtext.

>Do I need to min-max or can I just bring whoever I want to the planets?
You don't need to min-max, just bring whoever you want to the planets - with some exceptions influence is fairly easy to gain, anyway, and you can gain Influence by talking with them aboard your ship.
>>
>>382234332
>>382240887
I should stress that you should feel free to play the game as you want, but I do have some general tips about influence and events in general:
-Persuade is important in dialogue, especially with NPCs, but having decent mental stats (intelligence and especially Wisdom) and Awareness can be just as helpful, particularly in companion conversations - they let you pick up on things, which make them very useful for talking with Kreia.

A lot of your companions have 'general' reactions to quests/npc interactions, where helping someone out gets you influence with your more soft-hearted companions and psychotically murdering people gets you influence with your darker companions.

As far as specific companions go;
>Kreia
Gains and loses Influence all the time, and usually has something interesting to say if you take her with you, but it's not /necessary/ - her best dialogues take place aboard ship, and if you don't have her in your party when otherwise she'd give you one of her most important lessons she'll just give it to you telepathically (so even leaving her behind can't save you from her lectures!)
>Handmaiden and Visas
If you're playing a male character and get both the Handmaiden and Visas, save often - it's very important to keep Handmaiden's influence above Visas', because if it's lower at any point she (Handmaiden) will refuse to speak to you for the rest of the game. Especially cruel because if you have the right stats and are nice to her it's very easy to nearly max out Visas' influence as soon as she comes aboard, since she can gain a lot through her recruitment event - if you then go and engage her in conversation, you can gain enough that Handmaiden will stop speaking to you straight away, locking you out for the rest of the game.
>>
>>382240887
What does low influence give?
>>
>>382234332
>>382240887
>>382241635
It's fine to be nice to Visas when you recruit her, but I'd highly recommend gaining a little bit of Influence with Handmaiden off the ship before exploring too much conversation with Visas (even if you plan on romancing Visas, there's no reason to lock yourself out of good content).

Also, to finish Handmaiden's companion arc you need to finish training in unarmed combat with her, which requires you to be a certain level.

Otherwise
>Mira
Can be difficult to gain Influence through with events depending on where you take her; she has a lot of nice interactions on Dxun and Onderon. She only needs a little bit of encounter Influence because you can gain heaps through conversation, but she requires you to be able to make an Awareness check of 14 or so to finish her conversations.
>Bao-dur
Probably the hardest human/near-human companion to gain influence with, since he gains almost none from conversation (unlike almost every other companion) and the opportunities to gain some from quests are different to and rarer those for other companions. Luckily, you don't need as much Influence with him either - there's a sidequest to repair an airspeeder on Nar Shaddaa where you can defer to his abilities and gain influence, and he likes you being merciful to the mechanic on Dantooine and helping the settlers/republic in another sidequest there. You should only need one or two of these gains, anyway.
>>
>>382241819
>What does low influence give?
For the most part, the game treats high and low influence as exactly the same, except for the fact that companions with high influence will share your alignment (further to the Light if you are Light-sided, proportional to how much influence you have with them) and companions with low influence will oppose it (Dark if you are Light).
Whenever my posts say 'high influence' I really mean 'high /amount/ of influence' (positive or negative). I'm not sure if everything is exactly the same, but I believe you can unlock all conversations/train your companions etc. with both high and low influence - the only thing I know for sure is different is having lower influence with Handmaiden than Visas will cause Handmaiden to stop interacting with you (which might be exclusive to the Restored Content Mod)

That's it from me. Good luck, anon! And most of all, remember to have fun - don't worry too much about all of this, just try to experience and enjoy the game.
>>
>>382234332
Bring based Kreia everywhere and enjoy getting shat at.
>>
>>382242680
this desu, best companion in the entirety of gaming
She gives you bonus xp, too
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.