[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you think it will sell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: H2x1_3DS_MetroidSamusReturns.jpg (1MB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
H2x1_3DS_MetroidSamusReturns.jpg
1MB, 2000x1000px
>>
2.4 million sales within the first year
>>
>>382230630
Rougly 700K but pirates will push it back to -1.5 million.
>>
Hopefully nothing, they dont deserve money for what they did to am2r.
>>
>>382231441
who?
>>
>>382230630
-2 copies
>>
Hopefully more than the Prime 4 shit
>>
>>382231756
>Prime 4
>new original title in the most succesfull sub-category of Metroid games, featuring a new 3D engine and a fully realized world
>Samus Returns
>some rehash with shitty looking 2.5D by MercuryShit, which will end up worse than AM2R which had to die for this

I'm actually hyped for both games, I'm just kidding.
>>
>>382230630
>Finally getting a "new" classic Metroid and a new Prime
Where should they go from here?
>>
>>382232935
METROID
FUCKING

F I V E
I
V
E
>>
>>382232935
Dread
>>
>>382233067
>they announce a new 2d Metroid after SR
>It's Metroid six
>>
>>382233160
>>382233067
So, new classic Metroid. Figured as much.
Was Dread a real thing?
>>
When you look at Metroid sales, the less influence Sakamoto has, the better the Metroid sells. Metroid Prime is the best selling Metroid game. “That is because,” huffs the hardcore, “people bought Metroid Prime thinking it was Halo. No one actually likes Metroid Prime.” And yet, Metroid Prime 2 sold over a million. On. The. Gamecube. For a game as difficult and mature as Metroid, the Gamecube is a tough platform to sell on. Metroid Prime 3 also sold over a million, and then its sales fell off a cliff due to the Trilogy version (people would just buy Trilogy instead of Prime 3 of course).

Metroid Prime Hunters also sold over a million. Imagine that!

The real reason why Metroid Zero Mission did not sell that well was because of how bad Fusion was and how bad Zero Mission was. Sakamoto does not know how to make Metroid games. There. I said it!

Even a game like Super Metroid is seen differently today than it was when it came out. I remember. I was there. Super Metroid was fairly disappointing to Metroid fans then, and it quickly entered the bargain bin. Months later, Donkey Kong Country came out and overshadowed it. Metroid went on recess due to Super Metroid. Super Metroid’s late popularity has more to do with how easy the game is compared to other games of its era. Super Metroid is like 16-bit NES Metroid but in Kiddie Mode. As a huge fan of Metroid, I never bought Super Metroid when it came out because I could beat the game in a rental. I did buy it when it was firesold at $20. The last battle with the giant Metroid and Dino Mother Brain was STUPID. But I am sure Sakamoto thinks it is so genius as he made a movie out of it in the intro cutscene of Other M.
>>
>>382233273
Read up on it. According to good ol Sakamoto it did exist at one point.
>>
>>382231441
>Make more metroid!!!
>wait, im not going to BUY it
>>
>>382233442
What
>>
I genuinely think it's going to do pretty well. At least a million, I'd say.
>>
Under a million. Metroid is already niche and a bunch of people are super wary about it because of the franchise's recent history and the fact that MercurySteam is involved.
>>
>>382232935

Post-Fusion already. I don't know why Nintendo is so scared to go there. All we've had since Fusion is remakes and interquels.
>>
>>382235238
What exactly did MercurySteam do? Did they make that PS3 Castlevania or something?
>>
>>382235395

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate on the 3DS. It's held together with tape and prayer and runs like ass.
>>
>>382230630
I think it has a shot at selling really well, especially for the 2D Metroids, it seems Nintendo managed to get MercurySteam on the right track with this one, we've already seen that gameplay is just as fluid as in other Metroid games so we just need a nice difficulty curve and maybe the Counter not to be OP, still I think it can sell 2-3M copies
>>
>>382233442
please put a trip on so I can filter you
>>
>>382232873
Whats with the a2mr died for this meme? The game is literally complete and anyone can play it
>>
>>382235718
>2-3 million copies

Ha ha ha. No. Metroid fags have an insanely high expectations for this series. Personally, I think this game will be lucky to sell a million.

Even the original Prime, the best selling title in the franchise, did not sell three million. It's simply not going to happen. No, I think the 700K to 1.25 million range is much more reasonable.

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean the game has done POORLY. Nintendo knows what they're doing when it comes to budgeting these things.
>>
>>382235902
The creator wanted to expand upon AM2R with new updates. Those are now dead.

Also AM2R could have won that one gaming prize award thingy, if Nintendo didn't demand it pulled from the competition.
>>
>>382230630
Realistically 1-1.5 million
If it goes unexpectedly well and they get the marketing right it might reach 2 mil though
>>
Seeing as Super Metroid has taken #1 in sales 2 weeks in a row on 3ds eshop since the E3 Metroid announcements, i feel like its gonna definitiely do at least 1 million.
>>
Metroid is a niche franchise. Its fans are just really loud. At BEST it'll probably sell 8-900k and even that's optimistic.
>>
File: 1484159778332.jpg (62KB, 640x499px) Image search: [Google]
1484159778332.jpg
62KB, 640x499px
>>382236596

the creator also is extremely hyped for Return to Samus and credits his team as the "soul" that showed nintendo cares about the franchise and caused it to come back.

stop shitposting
>>
>>382230630
1 to 1.5 million, tons of shitposts on /v/ about Metroid fans regardless.
>>
>>382230630
Over 1-2 million.
>>
>>382235904
I think you're underestimating the 3DS install base and the release date of Samus Returns, it fits perfectly to be one of the go to titles Nintendo will advertise this Holiday season alongside Pokémon and people might even find it on sale by the time black friday comes, I've talked to many Metroid fans and while many of them would have loved for the game to come out on Switch all of them plan on buying it on 3DS, heck one even told me he's buying a New 2DS for it...
>>
>>382237431
I know this. I'm not even saying that Nintendo killed AM2R. I'm just answering questions, idiot.
>>
It'll break a million.
>>
>>382231441
What, you mean let it get released before 'shutting it down'?
>>
>>382232935
Metroid Dread (Metroid 5)
>>
>>382231441
>Maker of AM2R is excited for Samus Returns
>Small part of his game's fanbase still thinks Nintendo was a "big bad bully :(((("
>>
>>382238853
Being Doc is suffering
>>
>>382237431
>credits his team as the "soul" that showed nintendo cares about the franchise and caused it to come back.
Imagine being this full of yourself. Nintendo would have killed AM2R whether they were making a new game or not. AM2R had nothing to do with Samus Returns' development.
>>
>>382239557
You retards need to get this through your heads: Nintendo ALLOWED Doc to release the game before shutting him down, effectively letting people play it while still plausibly denying that it was an official product with allowance from Nintendo. So shut the fuck up and quit bitching about how EVIL Nintendo is for not sucking AM2R off and officially promoting it.
>>
>>382230630
more than the average, i heard many pirates claim they will buy this me included
>>
>>382239827
I never denied that. I was simply saying that AM2R wasn't the reason why Samus Return exists like some people claim.
>>
>>382236596
>The creator wanted to expand upon AM2R with new updates. Those are now dead.
But NG+ and the visual modes are in with one of the newer updates?

I dont get you fags.
>wahh dey killed it
By letting it get rteleased to the internet where anyone can get it in 2 seconds.
>wahh its dead because i onlny want updates
I would much rather this guy make his own game and have actual freedom to try ideas.
>>
>>382239827
Yeah, they were so nice to AM2R that they forcibly removed it (along with another fangame) from a nomination at the game awards shill.

I will admit that they had legal reasons for taking the game down and that it probably wasn't out of spite, but that was kind of a dick move. Still buying Samus Returns on day one though.
>>
>>382240297
I think there was gonna be a story update? Where the X arise or something? Dunno, might have been just a cutscene or something.
>>
>>382237594
Don't reply to him.
He's a notorious Nintendo fanboy who spent a good chunk of last year shilling Federation Force and thought it did well
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.