[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: I never asked for this.jpg (591KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I never asked for this.jpg
591KB, 1920x1080px
>be younger
>spend a dozen hours a day playing single player games

>grow older
>try to play a single player game and feel this sort of "rejection" building up in yourself not wanting to play it anymore because you crave human interaction now when gaming.

>try to find some fun multiplayer games
>nothing appeals to me

I'm a shut-in, this is all I have to do, and I CANT ENJOY IT

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67H9JHAHM
>>
Try podcasts anon. I love listening to podcasts when I play singleplayer games.
>>
try going into the woods and just walk around outside
>>
File: 1365514269547.jpg (18KB, 292x302px) Image search: [Google]
1365514269547.jpg
18KB, 292x302px
>Be Young
>Play the same game several times over, listen to every line of NPC and try to see every possible outcome

>Grow old
>Skip all cutscenes, mash through NPC dialogue. "JUST LET ME PLAY THE FUCKING GAME"
>>
>>382230380
Staying up late playing a single player game is more rewarding than staying up playing a multiplayer game, you gotta deal with people's bullshit. At 3 am I feel drained from a multiplayer game but refreshed from progressing single player. Most people own more games they could ever 100 percent how do people spend 6 hours a day replaying the same scenario again and again in multiplayer
>>
>>382230380
I'm sick of human interaction in games. I'm a grown-ass man, I don't want to spend my evenings with a bunch of shit-talking 14 year olds.
Give me single player or just let me quit video games.
>>
>Want to play a a co-op RPG with friends.
>My only options are shitty indie games with local co-op only
>Or MMOs.
>Modern Diablo clones are all complete shit, including Diablo itself.
>>
>>382231231
As a teen I played through every piece of content for dragon age origins at least 50 times. On the fucking 360 of all things with the terrible framerate and lack of camera control. As an adult I can't even stand to play it on PC and get bored of it within 10 minutes.
>>
>>382231751
>I'm a grown-ass man, I don't want to spend my evenings with a bunch of shit-talking 14 year olds
the irony is that you're on /v/ right now
>>
>>382231374
The human element will always make multiplayer feel fresher than it really is. In recent years companies have been really exploiting that with shit like overwatch having like 4 different game modes a year after launch that all play relatively similarly.
>>
>>382231231
>Be young
>Same

>Grow old
>Rush through gameplay to get to the story, fuck all this repetitive shit I want the story.
>>
>>382232047
I'm the exact same way with Mass Effect 2. I clocked over 200 hours in ME2 by trying to squeeze every last drop out of coalesced.ini mods, and now I'm 200% fucking done with this shit before I've even finished the cerberus facility.
>>
File: 1303282257892.jpg (141KB, 976x940px) Image search: [Google]
1303282257892.jpg
141KB, 976x940px
>>382231231
>be younger
>patiently go thru all the options and tutorials getting a kick out of them as well as learning the game
>grow older
>skip everything in a "just let me play the game"
>play it
>GREAT WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW WHAT A WASTE OF TIME
>>
>>382230380
I don't crave human interaction when gaming but i do try to find more multiplayer games.

And they all suck.
>>
>>382232737
Back in my day we didn't have tutorials, we mashed buttons and figured the games out for ourselves. This forced tutorial bullshit is the worst.
>>
>>382230380
>Be young.
>Enjoy single playet games immensely.
>Grow older.
>Enjoy single playet games immensely.
>>
File: Louis.jpg (519KB, 786x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Louis.jpg
519KB, 786x1024px
>>382231934
Play Icewind Dale or something. Learn whether your friends are manly enough for old vidya.
>>
>>382230380
>multiplayer games
>human interaction
The closest thing to human being you'll meet online are CS:Source bots from my experience.
>>
>>382230884
Having streamers in the background helps a bit, but then you can't get into the atmosphere/ immersion of a game with that shit blasting in the background
>>
>>382230380
You'll grow out of this. There was once a time when I felt the same way, but when I got Bloodborne a couple of months ago I played through the whole game in three 8-hour sittings.

It's just a matter of finding stuff that draws you in - after many years of playing your standards will inevitably rise to the point where you can't be entertained by just any mediocre game.
>>
>>382233331
Yeah, no matter what /v/ wants to think last decade upped the plank in SP games significantly. Games from period when programmer also would write story just no longer kick in anymore.
>>
>>382232417
same issue, i used to take my time and explore every nook and cranny, nowadays i don't play a single side missions and just rush through the story.
not to mention i can't play anything for more than half an hour without taking a break.
help...
me..
>>
>>382233620
>Games from period when programmer also would write story just no longer kick in anymore.
Not true - just compare the original Ratchet & Clank to the recent remake. The original has a much better story despite being written by the dev team.
>>
>>382230884
I do this, except I do it with multiplayer games.

ALSO POLL TIME:

WHICH ONE DESCRIBES YOU MORE

1) I ONLY BUY SINGLE PLAYER GAMES BECAUSE PAYING FOR A MULTIPLAYER GAME THAT WILL DIE IN A FEW YEARS IS A WASTE OF MONEY

2) I ONLY BUY MULTIPLAYER GAMES BECAUSE THEY CAN'T BE PIRATED AND SINGLE PLAYER GAMES I WILL ONLY PLAY ONCE AND NEVER AGAIN

I'm a 1. The only times I have bought exclusively multiplayer games I have ended up regretting it.
Natural Selection 2, The Mean Greens, Chivalry.
>>
>>382234376
Yeah, Multiplayer/MMO games are so volatile now that it's a bad investment.

Video gamers are so fickle that they just keep moving on to the next big thing instantly.

Back a decade ago, you had less games, and more community so you never had to worry
>>
File: 1431744711778.png (5KB, 258x248px) Image search: [Google]
1431744711778.png
5KB, 258x248px
>play singleplayer game
>after 15 minutes get bored and quit
>shitpost on 4chan for hours
>>
>>382232862
I have to agree, I actually find it funny that games now make fun of the whole process now, such as Farcry Blood Dragon and Yooka Laylee
>>
BORDERLANDS 2
>>
>>382234749
Get dual monitors for shitposting while you game
>>
>>382231102
This anon gets it. Not going to find a single damn answer to any of your woes inside of the room you're currently sitting in.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.