[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are megamanfags the battered housewives of gaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

File: 1481918003420.jpg (131KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481918003420.jpg
131KB, 800x450px
Are megamanfags the battered housewives of gaming?
>>
Cupboard door
>>
File: Beckisgonnabebig.jpg (353KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
Beckisgonnabebig.jpg
353KB, 870x870px
>>382224028
Yep, the were so desperate for some love that they donated 4,000,000 to a fucking kike that ended up punching them in the face

And even after many of them still would donate more money to inafune for another Mighty No 9 because according to them "inafune now knows what not to do to make a great mega man style game and MN9 2 will be fantastic"
>>
>He didn't mean it! He promised me after things calmed down at work he'll make another Megaman!
>>
>>382224269

All that optimistic MN9 fanart is just sad to look back on now.
>>
I don't know about that OP, but I do know that megamanfags are the whiny fucking crybabies of gaming

>Boo hoo hoo, we only got 20 years of incredible Megaman games! We wanted 30 years! This isn't fair!!!

fuck off. There are at least 7 different Megaman games that are utterly fantastic to play, and more if your standards aren't that high. Megaman was not a poor underdog that got shafted even though it could have been a big series. It was a monolith that stood for ages and was then retired.

Get the fuck over it. Megaman had its time to shine, and now it gets to sleep. Jesus.
>>
>>382224269
Considering now Inafune is being kept in check by Level-5, maybe MN9 2 can have the potential to be a good game.
>>
>>382224028
No, the opposite

>Husband Capcom constantly pours out money to SHOWER them in fucking Megaman games
>realizes this is a loveless marriage and the megamanfags don't care for all the hundreds of games he has given them
>leaves the relationship
>ex-wife calls it rape and wants to see their former husband destroyed
>>
File: [AD LIB MOANING IN PAIN].png (202KB, 578x267px) Image search: [Google]
[AD LIB MOANING IN PAIN].png
202KB, 578x267px
reminder
>>
>>382224647
Somebody post that comic with the edited ending
>>
>>382224028
No, currently, it's the Street Fighter and Marvel fans who are the battered housewives. Capcom promises them things and tells them how they should feel despite their massive bullshit and inability to do things right. And SF/ Marvel fans just put up with it and say "It's get better in a future patch, like Street Fighter 4" while holding back tears.

No, Mega Man fans are like the Jonbenet Ramseys of gaming. They're already dead and despite knowing who's responsible, no one is going to do anything about it or learn anything from it.
>>
>>382224028
I dont know, maybe nintendo fans would earn the battered housewife title
Nintendo constantly keeps treating them like animals, cheating on them with casuals, censoring their games to appeal to people who never play games, releasing consoles with a terrible 1st party release schedule and worst 3rd party support, gives them DLC when a couple of years ago they said they were against it, and yet, you still have hardcore nintendo fans that would die to defend their abusive partner.
>>
>>382224028
One of the best parts of SF X TK. (And the only reason looked it was because Cole was there)
>>
>>382224762
>Level-5
>keeping anything in check
They're already planning at least one sequel to Layton's Mystery Journey, along with a movie
The Snack World's anime adaptation will likely begin airing before the game even releases
And don't even het me started on Yokai Watch
Level 5 is just as bad as Conman
The only difference is that they have somewhat competent developers
>>
>>382224873
Nintendo has literally never said they would never sell DLC.
>>
>>382224762
>maybe MN9 2 can have the potential to be a good game.
This is what Im saying, just look at this guy, he still thinks MN9 has a future, when port of the game havent been released more than 2 years after their intended release date
There's always some sad guy willing to give a another chance to a complete jew in order to get some megaman love
>>
>>382224873

Yup
>>
things megaman fans want
>new game, not rerelease
>capcom gives the opposite (and merchandise thats cancelled too)
>comcept gave new game but cut so many corners it pissed them off
listen all capcom needs to do is put legends 3 back on, x9 and wrap shit up. once we get our fucking final games we can explore the idea of new territory (fps megaman) and if that fails then kill the brand, but dont just tease shit then cancel it to then rerelease old titles in its place
>>
>>382224762
>Level-5
>Keeping anything in check

They somehow failed to finish making a game that is ALMOST 100% REUSED ASSETS, BUT SOMEHOW HAS LESS CONTENT THAN THE ORIGINAL and delayed it.

How the fuck do you struggle to finish a game that is almost completely reused assets from a game that you yourself made years ago?
>>
File: iwata_and_reggie.jpg (89KB, 840x595px) Image search: [Google]
iwata_and_reggie.jpg
89KB, 840x595px
>>382225070
Where in my comment I claim that nintendo said they will never sell DLC? I just said that they were against it
Just go to a women shelter already anon
>>
>>382224028

No. For all the millions of megaman games capcom made they were decent to pretty good mostly.

Sonic fans are the battered housewives of gaming. The first few were great and it's be shit ever since. The people really into it can't let it die because they love the early games so much even though those times are far gone.

The metaphor is so app there's even that think shitty husbands do where they stop drinking to be better (generations) before immediately fucking up and getting worse (boom).
>>
>382225290
>Legends 3
Conman's wet dream that he nearly killed Capcom trying to make then left mid-development because he's a fucking idiot
>x9
You can't be serious
>fps megaman
Oh, of course, it was just bait.
No (You) for you
>>
>>382225472
>the franchise along with street fighter that MADE capcom
>once a powerhouse
>now a kick in the dick to those who grew with it
>not just for one but for both
>>
File: sonic-original-twit-1.png (47KB, 631x452px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-original-twit-1.png
47KB, 631x452px
>>382225428
>>
>>382225391
Neither of those are against DLC
Those are statements made against shitty business practices of cutting off half a game and selling it as DLC
All Nintendo DLC has exclusively been expansions to an already complete game
>>
>>382225391
Where do either of those quotes say they are against DLC?

>Reggie's comment is about selling obvious in-game content as an incentive to purchase the game itself ala Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's "preorder and get SIX characters!"

>Iwata's comment is a nebulous statement on not wanting to sell consumers an "excessive" amount of payments, which is goddamn hilarious for the guy who happily sold THE E-READER
>>
>>382225472
>Conman's wet dream that he nearly killed Capcom trying to make

What is the story, anyway? Capcom was literally being put on a pedestal by fans and lavished with praise after announcing Legends 3, and then suddenly they are charging for the demo, and then they cancel the whole game, and then they cancel the franshise, what exactly happened?
>>
File: 2863117-amiibodlc-590x326.png (185KB, 590x326px) Image search: [Google]
2863117-amiibodlc-590x326.png
185KB, 590x326px
>>382225603
>>382225635
>All Nintendo DLC has exclusively been expansions to an already complete game
Anon, just leave your husband, he doesnt love you and you are suffering
>>
File: 1d7.png (926KB, 1000x2179px) Image search: [Google]
1d7.png
926KB, 1000x2179px
>>382224647
>>382224796
>>
>>382225779
Fuck SHIT, I didn't know amiibo added new characters, karts, and tracks to Mario Kart 8!!
>>
>>382224028
No, they just have the biggest martyr complex in all of gaming aside from maybe healsluts.

Between Megaman, X, and battle network/star force there are more mainline megaman games than every mainline Nintendo franchise combined. "Wah the legends sequel got canceled!" And how long have people been begging for Pokemon Snap 2? "Y...Yeah, but Campcom rubbed it in our faces..." Tell that to TWEWY fans.

Thank god Metroid got another game so we don't have to listen to Samusfags whining despite the fact that their franchise had the same number of games as other main Ninetendo franchises any more.
>>
>>382225704
First of all he announced it himself before Capcom felt they were ready to announce it
He spent entirely too much money on it and every time he got called out he threw a bitchfit and displayed his westaboo pride complaining how Japanese gaming will never be as good as Western gaming
I don't know who suggested charging for a demo but either way it was a desperate attempt to gain money back from Inafune's waste
Then in the middle of development, he, as the head of the project, just fucking quits
Makes no attempt to work with them on finishing the game
They're forced to cancel it, and they make up a half-assed excuse likely because they don't want Inafune suing them
They haven't made a new game since because he was also the head of literally every other project and the director of most of the spinoff series at that point and they're now in a state of disarray, not to mention Rockman Xover bombed

This is the one case where Capcom isn't actually at fault
>>
>>382225081
Oh, excuse me for trying to be optimistic. Apparently having a more positive look on things makes you a goy or something.
If people like you had the right to speak since the dawn of games, stuff like Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy or Street Fighter would have never had the chance to get past their first title. It's ok to be critical, but denying the future of a franchise entirely is just obstructive.

>>382225363
Wich one?
>>
>>382225987
>He still loves me Sally, I cant leave him just because he got angry and accidentaly hit me in the face
>>
MegaManfag here. When Inafune left, I knew Mega Man 9 and 10 were the last games in the series. And they were also two of the very best, so I'm just glad the series ended on the highest possible note.
>>
>>382224028
i would go as far to say Capcom fans in general are the battered housewives of gaming
>>
>382226263
This has nothing to do with DLC my shitposting friend
You will receive no more (You)s
>>
>>382226215
>It's ok to be critical, but denying the future of a franchise entirely is just obstructive.
Is this the most battered housewife comment in the history of /v/?
You literaly want to give another chance to the man that abused you, in the hopes that he might change
>>
>>382224028

You don't want new Mega Man games. Trust me. Don't make that monkey's paw wish. Just look at Sonic fans if you truly believe that dead isn't better.
>>
>>382226215
Fantasy Life Online.

It's LITERALLY THE 3DS GAME WITH THE SAME MAPS AND STORY AND GAMEPLAY but with some shitty mobile additions. And they somehow can't finish it.
>>
>>382226279
>all the favourite capcom series have a shitload of games shoveled out at a retarded pace up until recently

oh no, poor capcom fans!
>>
>>382226279
This.
>>
>>382226592
>DMC
>Lost Planet
>Dead Rising
>MvCI
>>
>>382226215
Fantasy Life "2" now Fantasy Life Online, which is amusingly enough, not even a sequel, it's a "sort-of remake" of the first game they released in 2012 for 3DS, but with certain content/ gameplay cut for more "mobile game-like" content and features.

The game was supposed to come out in 2016, and is delayed every few months. Imagine, it's the exact same game with the same content and enemies, all they are doing is changing around how Towns work.
>>
>>382226771
dmc has 7 games, lost planet has five, dead rising has 4 and a bomb ass movie, mvc has 8 games.

was your point that capcom fans are needy little cunts that can't be satiated?

for the op, read this article and tell me that megaman fans aren't the most well off fanbase in the entire fucking video game industry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_video_games

I swear, capcom fans are the whiniest cunts out there.
>>
>>382227562
>Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star
what the fuck are 90% of these games
>>
>>382227847
That is a MM BN 1 port to DS with 10 minutes of new content that Capcom never "localised", despite it being literally just being BN 1, same dialogue and everything.
>>
>>382227562
>I swear, capcom fans are the whiniest cunts out there.
My favorite thing about the new Metroid games is that it means Capcomfags and especially Mega Man fans, are officially the whiniest cunts in the video game world.
>>
>>382228060
even F-Zero fans aren't near their level of cuntiness, and F-Zero fans have a good reason to be salty
>>
File: LAUGH.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGH.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>382226263
>Nintendo still doesnt know why SMTxFE failed.
>>
>>382224762
At least Mighty Gunvolt Burst is decent.
>>
File: 2015-10-17-121059.jpg (128KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-17-121059.jpg
128KB, 960x544px
>>382229767
>The budget Persona handheld idol spin-off was a better dress-up game than a console idol game
>>
File: srugh.png (209KB, 698x515px) Image search: [Google]
srugh.png
209KB, 698x515px
Pretty much any Capcom IP fanbase is a battered housewife.
>>
>>382224741
Fuck you, I still want to know what happened to Axl.
>>
File: 1422912524865.png (186KB, 1088x687px) Image search: [Google]
1422912524865.png
186KB, 1088x687px
>>382228649
>F-Zero fans have a good reason to be salty
>>
>>382227562
>mvc has 8 games
>dmc has 7 games

How can anyone be this dumb?
>>
>>382230236
in just under a month it will be 14 years since f-zero got a console release. there's children posting on this board that were born after that game came out, like you.
>>
>>382230552
The series went-out on the best game in the entire fucking genre, compare this to something like sonic that still gets games but they're all shit.

A good dead series>>>>>>> A continuing Series that's shit
>>
>>382225428
In that case, Mania is the heavy-duty mental ward therapy.

I hope.
>>
>>382224028
Megaman fan here, at this point i kind of enjoy it. Spank me more daddy
>>
>>382231038
nintendo doesn't fuck their own series like sega/sonic team. if we got a new f-zero is would be a rock solid game worthy of the title.
>>
>>382227562
>a Mega Man is a Mega Man
This is the reasoning you're following, and it's the same as insisting Captain Toad is a full-fledged Super Mario game, or that the Super Mario Galaxy games should satisfy the fans of side-scrollers. That list is also full of arcade-exclusives, cancelled games, and mobile games that can't ever be played again.

>>382227847
Spinoffs. If you weed those out I count 16 in the classic series, 10 in X, 2 in Legends, 6 in Battle Network, 4 in Zero, 2 in ZX, and 3 in Star Force. 4. And it's important to keep those split by series, because each series plays radically different from each other and stars different characters. You can't give Mega Man Legends to a guy that only likes Battle Network and tell him he should be grateful because it's a Mega Man.

And for the record I'm fine with leaving finished series where they are, like BN and Zero. What Capcom should be doing is wrapping up X and Legends and putting them to bed while introducing a new Mega Man series to keep the franchise relevant.
>>
>>382232254
not counting all the spin offs there's 16 fucking games in the main series, as you said, and we for some reason need more?
>>
>>382224782
Underrated
>>
>>382232569
I'd be fine with ending classic, but it's still the face of the franchise. As long as the book isn't closed on it there will always be people who want more because it's the Mega Man they remember, and it's story-light enough for that book to never be closed. Classic getting continued is just something that would come with continuing the property, like how 2D Mario persists alongside the 3Ds and spinoffs.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.