[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Soulsborne series irreparably B T F O now? https://www.yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

File: matthe.jpg (21KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
matthe.jpg
21KB, 600x602px
Is Soulsborne series irreparably B T F O now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA
>>
File: 0-1350187211304.jpg (262KB, 600x866px) Image search: [Google]
0-1350187211304.jpg
262KB, 600x866px
>>382221973
It just proves that Demon's was the best.
>>
>>382221973
No. Even he himself said Dark Souls 1 is still his favorite. The video is just lamenting the lose of innovation, it's not insinuating the newer games are bad
>>
>now
Souls games were always shit, it just gained a following because it was a relatively difficult game in a time where games had started to become more cinematic and casualised.
>>
Another bitch video, the trend of the year for this channel.
Eceleb threads belong on >>>/b/ kiddos
>>
>>382221973
He didn't even give a good enough explanation of what he thought of Dark Souls 3.

I wanted a DS2-tier video for DS3 but instead we got another DeS video.
>>
>>382222065
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

We're only here to discuss bullshit greentext interpretations of things he never said
>>
>>382222295
I can't blame him considering that Dark Souls 3 is probably the least interesting game it could possibly have been.
>>
File: enough.jpg (34KB, 359x267px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
34KB, 359x267px
Soulsborne games BTFO'd themselves by being unfinished, glitchy messes with shit AI despite focusing on PvE combat.

And unlike Souls fans, I don't need a YouTuber to spoonfeed me what I should think.
>>
File: Real Trilogy.jpg (105KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
Real Trilogy.jpg
105KB, 610x343px
At least we're all agreed that in terms of PvE combat:

Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2
>>
>>382221973
I like to form my own opinions instead of taking them from a e-celeb, so no.
>>
>>382222572
Unironically correct
>>
>>382222612
>I like to form my own opinions
Get the fuck out normie, this is groupthink only website
>>
>>382221973
He's wrong. He misses gimmick bosses and mechanics that are actually present in all games and are the worst parts of each one of them (bed of chaos, yorn the giant, bosses mixed with pvp, etc.), he didn't really like the souls formula but the hipster feeling he got from DeS and now that the souls formula has been perfected in DS3 and BB he just hate is. Also he's pretty bad at those games.
>>
>>382222295
He bashes both Bloodborne in Ds3 in a way more efficient way without beating around the bush. I mean, the biggest problem with Ds3 is that it shows very few new scenarios to veteran players, and that's pretty much what this video is all about.
>>
File: 1491413342724.jpg (54KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1491413342724.jpg
54KB, 600x448px
>You will never get paid for doing literally nothing but playing video games and occasionally shitting out a video every 2 months between fucking your little sister
>>
>>382224091
Something I think he forgets to mention, is how the new gimmick bosses are all just ideas taken from Demon souls and the previous games in the series.

Bloodborne has some interesting bosses later on, but they are only interesting for those that haven't played the previous games and know what you're supposed to do. I just fought this giant blob thing while wizards kept shooting fireballs at me, and since I've already fought the Tower Giant I knew exactly what I needed to do. So far the maximum I've died against these bosses are 2-3 times. I bet I would have died much more if I was more new to the series.
>>
>>382221973
BB was their best game by a country mile. It didn't innovate like DeS and didn't have the interconnection of DkS... But almost everything from combat, to sound, to narrative, to enemies, to bosses, to music, to narrative, and the overall quality of the game as well as being the only the only game in the series to subvert expectations of what the game was going to be about makes it the best imo.
>>
>I want devil may cry combat in my souls games

people need to stop shilling this retard here.
>>
>>382225176
but he didnt say that
>>
>this boss is a piece of shit but since I was expecting something different, it's actually good!
>>
>>382222350
That's basically it. Dark souls 3 has the best combat, the tightest controls and the best graphics. But it didn't surprise you in any way. Like he said, the bosses felt all the same. What's the difference between the dancer of the broeal valley and the pontif? or the nameless king? Nothing except the 1-2 gimmick attacks they all have that break from the usual 2 combos each boss has. You already know more than half the time what kind of fight awaits you when you see the boss. They played it too safe with everything. level design as well. The swamp was so bad and so was that other non-posonus swamp with the giant crabs. At least in DS3, there are enemies and areas where you can't just run past them. Other bosses like High Lord Wolnir are unique but at the same time pretty bad.
>>
>>382225605
>Dark souls 3 has the best combat
No.
>>
>>382224091
>yorn the giant
Quite literqally the most anti-climatic shit ive played in recent years.
>>
>>382224865
are you dyslexic?
>>
>>382225393
he implied it, you white piece of shit.
>>
>>382225176
I'm not even sure why anyone would want DMC in any game, it's shit gameplay and not methodical at all for a game with a focus on mitigating damage.
>Run in and mash attacks against helpless sangbags that only exist to get juggled.
>Zero emphasis on spacing, punishing, etc, defensive options like RG are completely degenerate and pointless due to how lifeless enemies are and only exist as another type of offense.
>Purpose of playing is to "get gud" by grinding out Mahvel combos in a singleplayer game to style on helpless dummies because you're too shitty to play Mahvel/Guilty Gear.
>>
>>382225767
When he said juggling hollows?
>>
File: 51r3lElNvEL._SY300_.jpg (23KB, 278x300px) Image search: [Google]
51r3lElNvEL._SY300_.jpg
23KB, 278x300px
>>382221973
Souls should have stayed console exclusive the whole fan base is fucking cancer now and when ever the game comes up like 50 people try to bash it just to get a reaction. The pc port was a mistake.
>>
>>382225734
No. Are you?
>>
>>382225482
This. The video was shit and I say that as someone whose favorite out of the series is DeS. He never acknowledges the merits of the other games to the fullest, instead just throwing in "oh this game did this which is nice" to make it seem as if he isn't being biased as fuck.

If you think the majority of DeS bosses are anything more than SM64 tier then you're a nostalgia fag. I'm convinced the people sucking this guy's dick over this video are either just DeS fanboys happy the game is getting more acknowledges or because it's Matthewmatosis and he shat on DaS2.
>>
>>382225767
but he didnt imply it
>>
>play Demon's Souls for the first time after beating DaS 1 and 2
>haven't died to a single boss once and just got past Tower Knight

The only reason people think DeS was the hardest and best one is because ti was the first one.
>>
Whether it's Matt shilling or an anon trying to stir up shit, just stop.
>>
>>382225886
No it's just, you wrote ''to narrative'' and ''the only'' twice without realising it.
>>
>>382226053
Tower knight is like the second boss tho that's like bragging you did not die to gargoyles.
>>
>>382226069
Phoneposting.
>>
>>382226057
Matt posts here but he uses a tripcode.
>>
>>382225809
T. Hasnt ever touched DMD
>>
>>382221973
stop reposting eceleb videos you cancerous faggot
>>
He's just stating the obvious, Souls has gotten stale and predictable.

The whole appeal of Demon's and Souls as a whole was that it was basically a giant middle finger to modern game design. It was not just difficult, it was obtuse and weird and really didn't give a flying fuck about doing stuff "the right way". The irony is of course that now there's a "Souls formula" and the games have become the very thing it was originally rebelling against.
>>
>>382226576
Not going to happen. But, you can always stop replying to them.
>>
>>382225972
>but he didnt imply it
He shills the fuck out of Platinum games. He definitely implied it.
>>
>>382226631
You are thinking too hard about it and somehow giving the dumbest answers. It was never about any of that the games are just gothic arpgs set in a brutal and lonely world. They were not meant to be a middle finger to anything but aimed to feel like you were traversing a dark but beautiful world killing demons and god pantheons. It's like a book but with gameplay instead of words.
>>
>>382226128

I beat Fool's Idol, Phalanx, Tower Knight and Armoured Spider at least. Probably some I've forgotten about. Phalanx was a meme fight which was really easy if you knew what resins do. Fool's Idol I had spoiled to me from before so I went up and spanked the retard who summons her back before fighting her. Tower Knight was basically Iron Golem but in a much bigger arena and much, much slower. Armoured spider was just another pointless gimmick fight. "omg he's preparing his fire breath attack I wonder what I should doooooo". Oh yeah, walk backwards and wait for it to stop.

The only "hard" part about Demon's Souls is farming up grass constantly to keep yourself supplied and the stupid fucking inventory weight system.
>>
>>382225939
>He never acknowledges the merits of the other games to the fullest
He really doesn't need to do this because he already has in his previous videos.
He's just talking about an aspect of DeS that he feels was lost in the other Souls games.
>>
>>382224569
To be fair, for the experienced player going into a new souls game, it's less about being killed by bosses and more about being gang raped by dogs, grabbed by jump scare enemies, and panicking yourself off cliffs.
>>
>>382225939
>isn't being biased
Why would he not be biased?
>>
>>382224529
>fucking your little sister

can I get a source on that
>>
>>382222572
If you're talking about combat, I feel like 3 should be higher and bloodborne lower, bloodborne has some boring mobs to fight, while 3 has some great ones(Ringed Knight is literally the best mob in the series).
If you're talking about the entire pve game than you're 100% correct.
>>
>>382221973
>the combat it nothing remarkable.
It'd love to hear about other actions games with actual remarkable combat...
>>
>>382227591
when he streams sometimes his girlfriend shows up to read questions in chat etc.
she sounds very young and thus the meme began
>>
>>382221973
>let's talk about other people's opinions!
can't get more beta than that
>>
>>382221973
I actually unsubbed after this video. The only good point he makes is that they ditch improvements in newer games. The rest of the video is just trash, especially liking gimmicky bosses. The newer games have enough cool ass moments like Maiden Astraea, it just doesn't need to be a boss. Dragon God was gimmicky too and yes it's memorable but more for being shit. There is nothing wrong with bosses being challenging and not just trash zelda tier bosses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_(video_gaming)

>Boss battles are generally seen at the climax of a particular section of the game, usually at the end of a stage or level, or guarding a specific objective, and the boss enemy is generally far stronger than the opponents the player has faced up to that point
>>
File: Local man reads terrible post.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Local man reads terrible post.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>382227695
DMC and ninja gaiden, you fucking moron.
>>
File: 1496391331053.gif (108KB, 579x434px) Image search: [Google]
1496391331053.gif
108KB, 579x434px
You know what's the worst thing about Dark Souls III?

After invading for over 2000 hours, I find myself questioning why I invade the way I do.

Very rarely do I wait for them to attack first, and even rarer do I return their bows. A feel of disgust and revulsion at these players being alive, in human form, makes me treat them as violations to some natural law, under which deserve to e chainstabbed, stunlocked, and/or peppered with poison arrows + Lloyd's talismans until death.

I get a lot of mail, not so much hate, but just asking why. Why me? What did I do? It's my job to kill them, keep the prey under persecution in a time of empowerment, I guess. A law of averages gives form and will, to kill and humans, strong or weak, many or alone.

Even in my own world, I find no peace. There are humans out there, living and breathing, and the balance needs to be restored.
>>
>>382228923
i restored the balance to ur mom's vagina lol
>>
File: 14275386.jpg (45KB, 718x519px) Image search: [Google]
14275386.jpg
45KB, 718x519px
>>382228923
>Fedora tier writing
>Reddit spacing
>Anime picture
The most cringeworthy post I've read all day.
>>
>>382228923
invading was fucking impossible when that trash game was alive since all youd woke up to is 4 players looking at you while you climb out of your hole
>>
>>382226486
You have to unlock it. The games aren't good enough to warrant a second play imo, and you can mash through all the default difficulties.
Also, I did beat DMD on Dante's Awakening, and it doesn't change the game being about running non-stop offense, except now you have to deal with DT timers.
>>
>>382225605
>Dark souls 3 has the best combat, the tightest controls and the best graphics

It has literally none of these.
>>
>>382225605
>Dark souls 3 has the best combat, the tightest controls and the best graphics

all bloodborne desu
>>
File: 1474742152579.png (340KB, 360x867px) Image search: [Google]
1474742152579.png
340KB, 360x867px
>>382228923
>>
File: 1496686568938.jpg (12KB, 238x208px) Image search: [Google]
1496686568938.jpg
12KB, 238x208px
>haha look how contrarian I am xD
e-celebs and their faggot worshippers need to be purged, nothing more pathetic than watching a lanklet rage and spew shit opinions about videogames
>but muh sports
these are people who can do things you cant do at the highest levels of competition, anyone can pick up a controller, record footage of you spewing shit opinions and le epik maymays, and make money off of it
>>
File: 1466603159838.png (30KB, 163x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466603159838.png
30KB, 163x200px
>>382227786
Can I have a picture of his girlfriend?
>>
>>382230520
None are publicly available. Same with Matthew. You'll just have to listen to her giggling and imagine her as a 12 year old cutey.
>>
>>382230620
>Same with Matthew
I swear if he's not actually a redhead i'll be fucking pissed.
>>
>>382232896
He's gone on record stating he's a ginger bastard multiple times.
>>
>>382221973
Fuck off you mick auto-shill.
>>
>>382230490
What are you talking about
>>
File: das dragonoid.jpg (282KB, 857x660px) Image search: [Google]
das dragonoid.jpg
282KB, 857x660px
3 is by far the worst one. Haven't played Bloodborne but the aesthetic is incredibly meh in same way as 3. It has no sense of romanticism, it's just shitty two-dime horror designs one after another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvYApd_X3aU
>>
>>382233765
>he says while posting that ugly ass furry dragon thing
>>
He's absolutely right about the bad design of enemies having unnaturally delayed and long attacks just to throw the player off
>>
>There's going to be maintenance of BB servers the 5th of July
Oh, why?
>>
>>382234613
For maintenance.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.