[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Suggestions for PS Vita Games. I just recently bought one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

Any Suggestions for PS Vita Games. I just recently bought one and I own The Sly Cooper Collection and Gravity Rush.
>>
Sorry, but the Vita has no games. Some say it has an updated version of Persona 4 that is pretty good, but it is all just a ruse.
>>
File: 2492534-4884587998-13801.jpg (352KB, 1680x779px) Image search: [Google]
2492534-4884587998-13801.jpg
352KB, 1680x779px
>>382221542
Check out the mid year sale. Soul Sacrifice Delta is great.
>>
>>382221652
Well darn. I mainly got it so I could play my PS4 on the go. That sucks that they didn't support more big names titles. On another note, I was actually debating on getting Persona 4. So it's not that great?
>>
>>382221815
What genre is that game?
>>
File: 2014-08-11-215605.jpg (161KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-11-215605.jpg
161KB, 960x544px
>>382221942
Hard to say, it's a hunting game in the sense that you fight big monsters but that's where the similarities between it and other hunting games end.

Instead of a dedicated weapon you have 6 spell slots that have a limited amount of uses before they break and need repairing outside of missions, but you can recharge them by defeating enemies and sacrificing/saving/fate-ing them (depends on the faction you're in).

You get new spells by completing missions efficiently and breaking weak parts of big monsters. Some spells synergize with one another and enhance themselves or create new effects. For example there's the bomb class spell which sprouts an explosive bulb on the ground, if you place it on top of a Terrain spell of the same element the bulb sprouts into a plant that shoots fire/lightning/ice/stone/venom at the enemy.

Strength progression is mostly determined by the tier of the spell you have and the sigils you place on your arm which enhance the strength of spells (and can synergize with other sigils of the same spell type or of some other spell types). How strong sigils are also depends on the kind of arm you have

There are three kinds of arms in the game: neutral, dark and divine. Neutral is when your magic and life level are the same (You gain magic xp by sacrificing and life xp by saving, fate tries to even out the growth of both). Divine is when your life level is higher and Dark is when your magic level is higher. Within divine and dark there exist further tiers depending on how distant the level gap between magic and life is.
>>
>>382221876
Not if you're a normalfag like that casual you just responded to. If you like Jap games, great purchase. Have fun, cunt.
>>
>>382222532
Also I should add that the levels constantly throw grunts at you with the purpose of serving as recharge fodder so you shouldn't worry too much about spells running out of charges unless you're in the endless Alice dungeon whose challenge comes from extremely limited recharges.
>>
>>382222532
Now to explain how arm tiers work. The magic number is 16. Once your life and magic level has a gap of at least 16 levels the arm is at tier IV which nets you most of the additional buffs from whichever sigils you're using. So if you're aiming for dark or divine arms, it's best to remember to keep this distance.

There's also tier V and VI but they're mostly for show and don't get anything from most sigils. These are gotten at +90 level gap and when one level is 99 and the other 1.
>>
>>382221542
titty ninjas
>>
>>382221542
Muramasa Rebirth is a good beat-em-up, I wish I have a vita to play it.
>>
>>382222532
It's seems interesting enough. I'll more than likely give it a try. Thank you for the detailed break down.
>>
>>382223347
I take it you haven't played it then, but is there anything else much you could say about it? I would not mind a beat em up to play at all.
>>
>>382221542
I'm a big vita fag. I hope you like nip games.

Mid year sale is good with all the essentials,
Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Freedom Wars, SSD, Little Big Planet and Killzone Mercenary

Other great games here with Grand Kingdom, Disgaea 4, Yomawari and Severed

If you want more weeb shit, Neptunia Rebirths, Akiba's Trip, Tales of Hearts R
>>
>>382224130
How is Killzone?
>>
>>382223887
One final thing, the game doesn't have hard barriers about what spells you can and can't use but it definitely segregates them depending on what color of sigils they get buffs from.
Red sigil: dark arm, avalon faction
Blue sigil: divine arm, sanctuarium faction
Green sigil: Neutral arm, Grim faction
Grey sigil: factionless and doesn't get any sort of perks from any arm type.
So avoid doing things like having a divine arm while in avalon or trying to use Stonefist (has red sigils) spells while in Sanctuarium.

Here's a few spells types with their sigil colors
>red sigil: arm spells, stonefist, explosive, bomb, morph, summon, blood
>blue sigil: spear, blitz, armor, shield, solo healing, group healing, blood
>green sigil: weapon, beast, throw, mines, terrain, arboreal, spacial
>>
>>382223347
I gave it a look see. I'm not a huge fan of Platformers but I'm willing to play anything that seems interesting enough. Since I don't have a huge variety of games for the Vita right now and since most of them are extremely cheap too, I will more than likely get it.
>>
>>382224247
Very good, easily the best fps on vita, hell probably on handhelds. Plays comfortably, amazing graphics and good single player. Much better than the shit PS4 got.
>>
>>382224675
That's actually what I was going to ask is "If it was bad as the PS4 killzone." It seems interesting enough so I'll probably get it.
>>
>>382221542
>Vita
>Games
>>
File: 1498676940779.jpg (65KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1498676940779.jpg
65KB, 604x453px
>they enter threads for a handheld they don't have to spout 8 year old memes

Christ.

I'm enjoying p4g and adrenaline with my missed PSP games. Played tearaway, uncharted. Mgs hd collection, Muramasa, dragons crown , assassin's Creed, world of final fantasy, dragon quest builders, gravity Rush, mod nation racers, Sonic racers, salt and sanctuary
>>
P4G
Muramasa
Kamen Rider Battride War Genesis
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
>>
>>382225359
>Muramasa
What do you think of it, cause I'm rather interested after that guy mentioned it earlier in the thread. How long is it about, and which version do I get cause there's a complete version but that's marked as an add on so I'm not entirely sure
>>
Hack it, retard. Memory cards are soon to be cheap as fuck, you can even do shit like use a DS3 instead of the awful buttons they tacked on, and the vast majority of games are free.
>>
>>382225875

It's great, combat is fulfilling and can be pretty challenging at times. Story and level design is damn nice as well. I had fun with it, but more with dragons crown
>>
File: image.gif (954KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
954KB, 320x240px
>>382225968
>Memory cards are soon to be cheap as fuck
>>
>>382226030
Downsides to it would be
>lousy balance between the two types of swords, shortswords are always better than longswords because they're faster
>too much backtracking through the samey forest areas on the way to the places you need to go

Funnest part of the game was definitely the dlc which added 4 new characters with unique movesets and campaigns that were short enough to not feel repetitive by the end.
>>
I got a 3.60 Vita a few days ago, can I log into PSN and play pirated vidya online or should I not do that?
Also which Project diva game should I get, I never played any of those.
>>
I preferred Odin Sphere Leifthrasir over Muramasa to be honest, even if the game doesn't let you play the books in the order you want to play them.
>>
This is my collection of physical Vita games

Assassins Creed Liberation
Deception IV
Gravity Rush
KillZone
LittleBig Planet
Muramasa
New Little Kings Story
Odins Sphere (I don't like this one actually)
Persona 4
Sonic all star racing
Tales of Hearts R
Tearaway
Trails of Coldsteel
Toukiden
Uncharted
Ys Celcelta
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
World of Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest Builders
Trails of Coldsteel 2
Shantae 1/2 genie hero
Shovel Knight
Oddworld strangers wrath HD
Atelier Shallie Plus
>>
>>382226564
What's the difference between the two other than the name?
>>
>>382226295
You can even get trophies no issues. Any except X is good, X is shit. f > ia/vt > f2 > X

>>382226564
Of course, Odin's is like a full fledged game, Muramasa is like a third of it. Honestly it's Odins >>>> DC >> Muramasa for me.
>>
>>382226030
>>382226180
Oh cool, fun combat that's challenging sounds good to me. So if I were getting it then would I get the complete collection even though it's listed as an add on to get all the DLC? New characters are always cool. I would assume it's pretty good for replaying if one wanted to?
>>382226564
Oh is Odin Sphere a beat em up too? I was interested purely because of the name but I've never looked into it
>>
>>382226901
Which ones do you like? I'll more than likely check them all out but I'm just curious.
>>
File: 2016-06-10-170408.jpg (111KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-10-170408.jpg
111KB, 960x544px
>>382226943
Odin Sphere doesn't limit your special attacks (in muramasa they're tied to swords) so you can use all of them at the same time with enough shortcuts.

Though now that I think about it, Muramasa definitely had more unique bosses than Odin Sphere which recycled them like crazy over the course of 6 campaigns and had the fun caves which provided decent challenge.
>>
>>382226953
>I get the complete collection even though it's listed as an add on to get all the DLC?
Yeah complete edition should have all dlc.
>>
>>382227131
All the ones after Digimon I haven't gotten the chance to play yer, they are backlog. I'm playing digimon right now.

The only one I didn't like was odin sphere because the game itself is too easy. It's easy to cheese the level up system and the enemies are unintelligent. Increasing the difficulty doesn't affect their AI, just damage output. This is pointless since most of them never hit you.

I liked the other games but Asscreed isn't perfect, it's not a AAA game. It functions. But yeah, I liked all the other games.
>>
>>382224081
Not him, but I really liked the animations, art style and setting of that game a lot. The gameplay itself is pretty nice, however the game is also pretty formulaic which can make it feel repetitive after a while. Some of the side stories were pretty interesting as well, though they might be DLC. I'm not entirely sure since I hacked my Vita and downloaded everything in one go.
>>
I've also got Y's Origin (physical) preordered through Playasia. Should be here in July.
>>
File: 1456718270999.jpg (552KB, 1200x667px) Image search: [Google]
1456718270999.jpg
552KB, 1200x667px
>>382227560
Yeah the only non dlc characters in the game are Momohime and Kisuke
>>
>>382227659
I heard the port job was lousy and that it suffers frequent fps drops.
>>
>>382227216
Granted they are probably both very cheap so I'll probably get both.
>>
>>382226943
>>382226953
I'll try explain Vanillaware's games, all of which are 2d side scrollers.

>Muramasa
More of side scroller and more of a hack and slash in terms of combat, you go through areas, blaze through enemies, destroy bosses. You use different swords styles and juggle their unique skills to keep your combos high. The joy in Muramasa are it's 4 DLCs each featuring a new playable character with a unique playstyle and story, which are pretty good.

>Dragon's Crown
A loot based, arcade like beat-em-up, best with friends or online coop (vitagen always happy to help fellow anons). Create a character, do quests, get loot, more quests, upgrade skills etc etc

>Odin's Sphere
Most heavy in story out of the three, you play as several characters over the course of the game. Very much the most actiony out of the three, the fun is keeping your combo up using a ton of skills. Eat food and plant seeds to gain exp, upgrade skills, your standard rpg mechanics with a twist. Maps are much more creative and less linear than the three.
>>
>>382221542
There's a sale going on right now with many different games on sale.
>>382221942
ARPG that plays out in missions. Similar to Monster Hunter, but not identical.
>>
>>382228049
How is the story?
>>
>>382227885
How are the attacks between Muramasa and Odin Sphere? They both look pretty interesting, and I think Muramasa slightly moreso, but hearing that Odin Sphere has more skills gives that a good few points in my books, plus one guy seems to have a demon form which is really fucking cool.
I think I might get them both eventually, but not both right now I don't think.
Seen a bit of footage of muramasa on youtube, I take it you can turn the map off and not have it covering everything?
>>
>>382229696
Yes you can, Muramasa by it's own can be a bit more repetitive since you really only have up to three sword skill sets with different skills on release. So be sure to get it with the DLCs. Odin's it's just more varied really since you have skill trees also, and not to mention usable items.

>>382229226
Stories fucking amazing. Like dark souls and bloodborne, hopefully you like reading since every monster/boss has it's own twisted lore based on fairytales.
>>
>>382230258
I hope it's not as hard. Lol
>>
>>382230258
Is it as hard as dark souls? Lol
>>
>>382229696
Muramasa is pretty repetitive and boring. Odin Sphere is fantastic.
>>
PS Vita? I bet this guy's from the South. What a Negro
>>
>>382230258
Yeah I'd be getting the Complete Edition for Muramasa since there's no physical release in Europe, and that should have all the DLCs I do believe.
>>382231280
Guy earlier said Odin Sphere was too easy, what do you say about that? I've heard good and bad about both so I'm not sure, though I'll probably play them both eventually. How much norse stuff is in Odin Sphere, cause if there's a good amount of that that'd be neat.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.