[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw I submit that you cannot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: TheLastofUsPoster.jpg (84KB, 1281x720px) Image search: [Google]
TheLastofUsPoster.jpg
84KB, 1281x720px
Find a flaw

I submit that you cannot
>>
>>382221061
Ladder sections
Garbage bin sections
Ellie can't swim sections
Shivs break instantly
>>
The actual gameplay
>>
>>382221061
Ellie is not my sex slave
>>
>>382221716
Go back to NeoGAF
>>
>>382221061
Non-game
>>
>>382221905
Fresh meme fellow redditor, upvoated.
>>
>>382221974
fucking pedo
>>
>>382221061
Its redundant as far as video games go.
It might work as a comic or movie, but as far as video games go its a complete and utter let down.
Combat is standard cover shooting, stealth sections couldn't be more generic if they tried and the game has nothing else. The rest is cinematic nonsense people shouldn't care about in a video game.
Same with Uncharted. I do enjoy action like "Die Hard", but I like it 90mins not fragged out over 5-6hrs, mixed with shitty climbing sections that make me fall asleep
>>
>>382221061

Game scripted the shit out of it's early gameplay demos. I haven't even played the final release, and I'll STILL bet money that it plays nothing like it's marketing material.
>>
Moves at a snail's pace with shit stealth and awful gunplay.
>>
>>382222231
How wrong can one be
>>
>>382221061
The best part of the game, the story itself, is incredibly flawed at the end.

A first year med student would understand that you don't kill the only person immune to a disease in order to find a cure, especially not as the first resort.

It's retarded. First you would do observations, get a biopsy, perform tests such as X-rays, etc. It also doesn't make sense why you need fungal samples from the brain, her arm was infested with it. It's not like the fungus will have a different genetic makeup in different parts of the body.

Those were the worst fucking doctors ever. The whole execution of the fireflies in the end is so retarded that it completely shatters my suspension of disbelief.

I also doubt that it will be addressed in the sequel.
>>
>>382221061
Another horror game. Like we need more of those than we already have.
>>
>>382221061

AI is a massive flaw. Game was ruined for me with Ellie and Bill fucking stomping around and edging me out of fucking cover. Nice game otherwise, but god damn was that shit jarring.
>>
It's a good movie, but a bad game, the story is great, the chsracter progression is the same, but let's be honest, there are more cinematic moments than gameplay moments.
>>
>>382222703
That was on purpose. I noticed that sometimes the game tries to force you to leave stealth and fight. Ever tried to complete the library zone full stealth? If you do that, other bandits will spawn knowing already your position despite going full stealth and on top of that, two of them will be bugged watching a wall. This happens even in the part where you give Ellie the rifle the first time. If you go full stealth there, enemies will spawn just staying still. Have hundreds of hours in the game and it always happen.
>>
>>382221061
>let's take the zombie genre, do nothing to challenge it or change the formula, and make a game full of filler and 'cinematic experience'

It's one step away from Heavy Rain or telltale games in terms of gameplay. You can polish a turd all you want, but at its core TLoU is overhyped garbage.
>>
>>382221061
Best part of the game, the gameplay, that is, was hampered by their shitty story and constant cutscenes and places where you just walk around and do nothing.
The multiplayer was really really good too.
>>
>>382223072

>it's designed like shit on purpose

oh okay
>>
The ending
>>
>>382222047
15+ is legal except in your 62 % ooga booga country, atleast you can always do a mass shooting with your freedom canons
>>
It's not a game.
>>
>>382221061
clunky controls
companions getting in your fucking way during a fight
>>
>>382223176
Exactly this.
>>
The story is probaby the weakest point honestly when you sit down and look at it from a writers perspective.
There are so many flaws and errors its asanine.
Its just poorly executed as a whole.
>>
File: 21355.png (19KB, 863x152px) Image search: [Google]
21355.png
19KB, 863x152px
It's an overhyped movie with a pretentious oscar bait story with shallow/mediocre """""""gameplay"""""""" that makes you sleep an hour in.
>>
>>382221061
story is boring
characters are boring, didn't make me feel invested in what they were going through
>>
>sony product

Done.
>>
>>382223291
In some sections of the game it looks like on purpose. Let's take for example the first encounter with the infected (when Ellie and Tess stays up and you go down to kill the infected). There are 4 runners and 1 clicker. The first runner on the right can be easily killed by stealth. The runner with the police/riot armor can see you even if he's watching in the opposite direction. Same thing for the runner walking between 3 rooms. Even the last runner (not as difficult as the other two). It feels like the game is trying to force you to fight there. They can't see you but still you get caught. The window to stealth them is very very small. And this is not something happening with other runners.
>>
>>382223861
You have to go back
>>
>Plot is the same zombie story but with an alright ending and character development.

>Gameplay is the same TPS with some alright variations.

>Puzzles are pointless.

>Ally AI is complete horseshit to the point that the best levels are the ones where you're alone.

Overall it was ok. I can understand why impressionable people would love it.

>>382223072
>>382224090
That doesn't justify anything. Introducing a gameplay mechanic, and then punishing you for using it is objectively bad design.
>>
File: Sony Template.jpg (161KB, 845x710px) Image search: [Google]
Sony Template.jpg
161KB, 845x710px
I'm so glad this fucking game ruined Sony gaming forever. Sonnyggers really deserve this shit.
>>
>>382223425
look everybody /pol/ is raiding /v/ again
>>
>>382224651
>thinking 15 is pedo
why are you such a fucking mongoloid anon?
Did you uncle touch you when you were a little boy?
>>
>>382224485
I'm not justifying anything. I'm just pointing out that the game is heavily scripted. Anon was talking about Bill and Ellie fucking up but I assure you that if you try to stealth in the school with Bill, he will shoot anyway and by doing so completely removing the stealth aspect that the game push you to use. And it is not bad AI or anything, they clearly decided to do that on purpose in that segment.
>>
Still butthurt to this day. Why does this game cause so much butthurt on here? When will /v/ just accept that this game is the pinnacle of the industry? When historians look back years form now at when did video games finally ascend into an art form, they will point to June 14, 2013, when the game was released. In fact, I am actually glad I was not there when they made the game, for seeing such masters of the craft hone their skills would surely have blinded me. If you're still thinking this game is anything less than great, you should just quit video games. It's intricacies are obviously not for you.
>>
>>382224967
Wrong. I've made it to the last hallway before I fucked up and had to fight. You can actually stealth the whole way.
>>
>>382224568
Maybe you should play Mario Bros again, what do you think?
>>
>>382224568
Honestly can't believe they're doing a Last of us styled God of War game. Be they try and make the player cry.
>>
>>382224210
>likes The last of reddit
>tells other person to le go bak XDD
>>
>>382224967
I don't remember that particular part, but my issue with the AI is specially that it's constantly running and making a ton of noise all the time and the enemies don't give a shit most of the time. If there's anything this game does very well is atmosphere, but that AI ruins it everytime. That's why I said the best sections are when you're on your own. They're rare unfortunately.

The fact that the game forces direct conflict in some sections, to the point of infinitely respawning enemies or not triggering cutscenes to advance if you killed everyone sliently is still objectively bad design. And I experienced that at least twice.
>>
File: capture.png (84KB, 885x387px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
84KB, 885x387px
>>382224801
watch out. making fun of fellow posters on redd...4chan is a bannable offense :^)
>>
>>382225083
*upvote*
>>
>>382225505
>act like retarded child
>get banned

You deserve it. Faggots like you who cry about their bans and reddit do NOTHING but shit this place up.
>>
>>382225586
>shitpost like 99% of the rest of /v/
>get banned because the mods were out of hot pockets at that particular time and needed to take their anger out on something

it would be much better to talk politics on /v/, right anon?
>>
Daily reminder that the original gameplay demo actually showed better """""gameplay""""", mechanics, and A.I than the final build of the game. Naughty Dog even says that apparently the A.I was going to be "better" than they showed in the demo. Yet you faggot sony redditors ignore it and call it a good game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCind34_cDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4
>>
>>382225586
You have to go back, faggitor nintendlard
>>
>>382222623

I'm pretty sure they already did tests on and went through multiple people that were immune, by the time they were at Ellie they already knew that the person being examined had to die. Either way, who gives a fuck? It's a story about a zombie apocalypse...
>>
>>382222623
maybe it's some sort different kind of virus
I think Joel woke up late, so who knows how long time has passed
>>
>>382222623
Well, I mean, the fact that they say clickers use sound to detect people "just like bats", should already tell you the writers didn't really make a lot of research about stuff or just didn't care about coherence.
>>
TOO

MANY

LADDERS
>>
File: 1496784493362.jpg (23KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1496784493362.jpg
23KB, 300x242px
>>382221061
I loaded up this game for the first time yesterday but I'm having a SHITLOAD of trouble with it
>first loading screen takes like ten minutes
>cutscenes are stuttery as shit and freeze
>in-engine cutscenes glitch the fuck out, player models get reset (for example, when the daughter gets out of bed and answers the phone, it resets to her just laying in bed with the phone floating around in the air next to her)
>characters in sitting in cars start to randomly float into the air
>car stops and turns, the car pulls away but the characters stay floating in the air
>HUGE input lag
>delayed audio

Anyone else have any problems like this? I have a physical copy and I've tried deleting data and restarting but it doesn't work.
>>
the minimal gameplay the game contains is repetitive, shallow and constantly treads on its own internal logic.

>Clickers hearing by ecolocating but act as if they're deaf and blind instead.
>companion that runs around and yells but never startles the AI
>>
>>382221061
I love the game but I can admit that sometimes I just want to skip the movies and sneak around killing things and looting.
>>
File: 1498072296977.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498072296977.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>382221061
The ending.

It was very fucking clear that Sony forced Naughty Dog to have a nice good ending to please normies and to ensure they could make a sequel.

People at Naughty Dog also put in mass resignations after Sony forced them to change the ending. There are rumors within the industry that there is a reason TLOU2 wasn't shown this E3 because employees starting to riot when Sony once again tried to force a "happy go lucky" ending on them as to make a TLOU3 possible.

That fucking ending left a sour fucking taste in my mouth. The buildup in this game was fucking fantastic and I would have genuinely got sad and probably cried if they killed off both Ellie and Joel at the ending. But no the fucking greedy jews at Sony JUST HAD TO DO A COP-OUT GOOD ENDING JUST SO NORMIES CAN CHEER AND CRACK OPEN A BEER

Also don't forget to pre-order TLOU2 in order to get a 5 dollar off voucher for TLOU3!!!
>>
>>382228354
>Good ending.
>Ellie gives up and decides to give herself to the fireflies even though she knows it's suicide.
>Joel goes on a murder bender to rescue her.
>Turns around and lies to her about it.
In what way is that "good"? I relent that it isn't all too open for a sequel and Part II will probably sour the already somewhat sour experience, it if anything the ending is one of the better parts of Naughty Dog's critically acclaimed movie game.
>>
>>382222623
at the risk of being ousted as an e-celeb viewer, i saw a critique of last of us that mentioned that the story falls flat like you said if the fireflies are meant to be taken as a serious faction and that the game actually expects you to beleive they are the best hope for humanity. However, if you beleive their incompentence is intentional by the developer, it thereby justifies joels actions completely at the end game.
>>
>>382228879
They originally wanted Joel to die trying to get Ellie out of the hospital. And Ellie being dragged out of Joel's dying arms back onto the operating table.

That would've been a real gut-punch of a finger licking good ending. Instead we got "Yeah it's a c-cliche good ending.. B-BUT It's still ok guys because Joel l-lies to her so it's totes not a completely good ending!!!". I understand that Naughty Dog just wanted to salvage what Sony forced on them but it's still crappy.
>>
Boring story, though it's told well through good characterization and pacing.

Unoriginal game-play which limits player agency.

Would have been just as good if it were a movie because it doesn't tell it's story through game-play, and when it does it superficial such as QTE's or on-rails sections.
>>
>>382229372
not trying to be a smartass but do you have any sources? thats very interesting if true
>>
>>382229715
They are all rumors started when TLOU2 didn't appear this E3 when some autists on /v/ started to notice a lot of resignations within Naughty Dog.
>>
>>382224651
>15
>pedo
do you know even pedophile means?
>>
Unoriginal gameplay and story praised as something fucking revolutionary. It was well polished but nothing special. The movie game meme is kind of bullshit. It has gameplay znd cuts cents are well done. It gets too much hate because le gamer hipster numales propped it up too high. 8/10
>>
>>382229882
i know on record frominterviews they planned a more uplifting ending, with ellie taking a backseat role (even more so than currently in game) in combat due to her pacifist character arc to killing a human. Tess was supposed to be a kill bill type chracter hunting joel who eventually gets killed by ellie during a torture scene between tess and joel. The ending didnt resonate well with focus groups, calling it too ambiguous.
>>
>>382230397
Have you got a source or a link to the interview? Sounds interesting
>>
>>382230513
sure here

https://www.videogamer.com/news/naughty-dog-discusses-the-last-of-us-original-story-ending-and-alternate-villain

theres other sites but they use the same interview
>>
>>382230667
Cheers anon
>>
>>382223425
You're a fucking peso. Stfu
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.