[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Black Desert Online?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 453
Thread images: 56

File: bdo36jpg-c7429a.jpg (2MB, 3834x2132px) Image search: [Google]
bdo36jpg-c7429a.jpg
2MB, 3834x2132px
What does /v/ think of Black Desert Online?
>>
>>382220973
hows the framerate?
>>
>>382221134
Stable 60 for me.
>>
Fucking hated my time with this game, felt like a waifu creator attached on to a more mobile Korean MMO (I mean mobile as in your character mobility is important, not that it's on a phone)
>>
>>382221403
Agreed. TERA is much better.
>>
>>382220973
NO. ARMOR.
Enjoy looking the same as everyone else and never being able to put on a helmet unless you buy one of four costumes for real money.
>>
Had fun with it, got to level 56 and got my ascendance weapon. Didn't know what I should be doing at that point and saw how many ability skill point things I had to grind for my new skills and gave up.
>>
>>382220973
I'd love to play it, if I could do it with actual people instead of r*ssians.
>>
Pretty much the best MMO out atm desu
>>
>>382220973

Great game to make waifus in

Rest of it is P2W garbage
>>
>>382221602
Bitch please, there are a shit ton of customization options.
>>
>>382220973
Nothing will ever beat wow
>>
>>382221827
Waifus and p2w are buzzwords. Make a real arguemtn next time.
>>
rootkit
>>
>>382220973
Its generic as all shit.

No consistent aesthetic, no suspended reality, features are entirely linear, entire purpose is instance based shitty PvP with everything else being second.

Also P2W.
>>
>>382222698
Yeah? What do you play, then?
>>
Korean p2w runescape

I've also never seen more pop-in in a video game before
>>
>>382221701
Not sure what you mean, there's almost no russians ingame. Pretty much everyone speaks english.
Also it's a solo MMO so no need to play with people
>>
>>382222698
>generic
>It's the most unique MMO in decades
>no suspended reality
It this the matrix?
>instance based pvp
But nothing is instanced? Although it is indeed shitty
>>
>>382223065
He mad
>>
>>382222698
>entire purpose is instance based shitty PvP

Well I'm not buying this then. I hate PVP.
>>
>>382223537
>He's never played a Korean MMO before
This is nothing special, anon.
>>
>>382223390
The game is region locked and I am forced to play on r*ssian servers.
>>
>>382223650
like everyone else he'll realize the game is shit after a month or two. Hes just obsessing because it recently launched on steam, so to all the
>if its not on steam, i'm not buying it
retards, this shit is brand new.
>>
A shitty mmo, like all corean games, the ideas and concepts are cool, graphics are attractive, but in practice everything is awful.

All the mechanics are turned around the cash shop, everything you do is made to be uncomfortable unless you buy the appropriate item (and said item is 75% of the time a temporary one).

For exemple, to even talk in channels make you waste energy, you also need energy for various things like employing workers, crafting etc...it regenerates 1 each 3 min. Well by buying a value pack that last 7 days you can regenerate faster. It also make your inventory bigger (inventory is very small even when you did all the quest to gain inventory slots).

Another thing is everything is ruled by money, you need money to buy a decent stuff in order to compete in pvp or to grind efficiently. To gain money the best way is grinding (or afk fishing), to make grinding efficient you need to kill mobs at certain places for hours, the thing is you don't loot automatically so you absolutely need pets to loot for you. Pets have to be bought in cash shop, it can be bought on the marketplace but good fucking luck to get one since bots and thousands of players are queuing to get one as fast as possible

There are so many things to say, like it takes one hours of pure grinding at lvl 56 to gain 0,5%XP, and it get worse and worse each lvl

A lot of things are ruled by RNG (like enhancing your stuff, and each time you fail you break your stuff permanently and need a special item to repair it, special item that is expensive as fuck with the money ingame), but even worse at hiher lvl of enhancing you can actually loose your stuff by failing too many times

So yeah, like every coran mmo, grindy (one of the most grindy past 56 desu), and p2w
>>
>>382222613
>mob farming as the primary method of gearing and income
>zerging GvG is the only meaningful open world PvP
>open world trading and crafting system can safely be ignored entirely
>no endgame
>korean
was that a good arguemtn

>>382223537
>It's the most unique MMO in decades
No, that would be ArcheAge, and even that was doomed from the start by being korean, and run by Trion.
>>
>>382220973

Grind without a purpose, just like most korean MMOs.

Sure the node system is neat and crafting/life skills are cool but in the end what do you do with it all? You make money to upgrade your gear through overly complicated crafting systems designed to drain you of cash so that you can use said gear to make more money and PVP to secure ways to make money.

I guess if you are a PVP autist you'd maybe enjoy it but once you realize the game lacks a purpose it's over. It's a pretty game and as noted the note system is really cool but there just isn't any content to it, the game has exactly 0 PVE content. Even the gear system is miniscule, they put no effort into it other than the upgrading system so you end up with more cash shop costumes than actual gear pieces in the game.

No adventure, shit community, pay to not win but pay more gameplay.
>>
>>382223825
That's what you get for being a dirty slav
>>
Honestly, these threads the fucking worst because everyone on /v/ just uses the same buzzwords to parrot their same, shit opinions around.
>>
>>382220973
shit korean mmo with a deceptive character creator
>>
>>382224039
I am surprised people don't avoid Korean MMOs at this point. I still remember telling people that ArcheAge will not go anywhere because it's Korean. As per usual it went down the shitter.
>>
>>382224008
>ArcheAge
thanks for reminding me. Trion running ArcheAge in to the ground is when I realised MMO's were dead and could never be saved.
>>
>>382224214
This. They just call it shit and don't say where it fails compared to other games. They just imply that a better game exists somewhere, but they don't actually name them. They're so full of shit.
>>
>>382222613
No real economy due to heavily regulated auction houses.
No real reason to do anything other than grind since grinding is 100%+ more effective than life skilling for making money.
Only thing to do at end game is to make money so you can buy rare items and gamble and boom them on enhance.
World bosses are just a clusterfuck of zerg rushing with no actually skill or cooperative play involved.
Node wars are just the biggest guilds sitting pretty in cities building their numbers then zerging each other.
PvP is gear based so unless you 24/7 grind or pay thousands of RMT you won't be able to compete in any meaningful capacity.
Pop-ins haven't been patched yet.
Server desync/lag makes fighting with/against grapplers a nightmare.
The Black Spirit is annoying.
>>
>>382224151
But I'm not.
>>
>>382224214
this. no matter how many times you say waifus or sandbox, noone is falling for your shit.
>>
>>382224419
if grinding 4 hours for 0.1% of a level is not shit then I don't know what is
>>
>>382224214

>Everyone has the same opinion and writes huge paragraphs explaining it
>WOW BUZZWORDS UGH

Anyone with a brain knows what korean MMOs are like, ALL of them follow the exact same rules and they are all a gigantic waste of your time and money. If you aren't already informed of this fact then you are either blinded by waifus and are wasting hundreds of dollars or you've never actually played a korean MMO and have yet to been awakened to the shittyness of the experience.

BDO is grinding so you can make money to upgrade your gear so you can grind more easily thus making more money to get better gear to get more money all while either spending real money on the cash shop so you can get basic functions restored or hating life by doing things like manual lootingl
>>
>>382222003
There are't though you fucking liar and deciever.
>>
>>382224214
>>382224419
Same fagging.
If you think the few people here giving actual arguments are spouting buzzwords, try to counter their arguments.
If you can't you're just an autist who likes trash and can't justify it.
>>
>>382221685
If you ever want to try the game again, I suggest checking out your class specific discord. They usually have a lot of great info
>>
>>382224419
see
>>382224420

I'd like to add onto that other Anon's post that it installs a rootkit on your system.
>>
>>382220973
Pop-ins the game.
>>
>>382224214
>>382224419
>>382224458

Buzzwords is a buzzword, opinion discarded.
>>
>>382224517
See, this is what I'm talking about. Name a better MMO then. You don't even compare the game to anything, you simply declare it shit and imply that you're playing an infinitely better game yourself because of course your taste is so fantastic, but you don't want to share your secrets.
>>
>>382221827
>P2W
This. Not even worth getting into
>>
>>382224608
>it installs a rootkit on your system
Elaborate. Why would it do that, and what does it do?
>>
File: muh samefag.png (8KB, 735x134px) Image search: [Google]
muh samefag.png
8KB, 735x134px
>>382224419
>>382224458
>>382224518
>>382224547
I don't actually care for the game, by the way. I just don't understand why people give a fuck about /v/'s opinion when they could just play it for themselves instead of sitting through the same shit you hear in every thread.
>>
>>382224330

Most people get hyped for a korean mmo, try it, then learn their lesson and forever understand what korean mmos are all about and stay clear of them. The younger generation might not have any experience with them as of yet and so they haven't learned the horrible truth. Anyone else who plays/defends them is mentally ill and needs help managing their real life funds.

It's a real shame too, most korean mmos have potential and a few real good aspects, they just get ruined by the complete focus on grinding for the sake of grinding.
>>
>>382221705
seconded, although i'm on Stormblood pretty much all day
>>
I bought it on sale for 8 bucks, did i fuck up?
>>
>>382224008
>mob farming as the primary method of gearing and income
What is every single life skill? What is node management? What is trading? What is fishing? What is processing? What is cooking? What is farming?
>zerging GvG is the only meaningful open world PvP
Siege & nodewars are both very meaningful and provide your guild with lots of silver. That said, open world PvP against declared guilds is also important as it gives you an edge in the previously mentioned content.
>open world trading and crafting system can safely be ignored entirely
You literally just complained that there is nothing to do but grind then say you didn't do half the game? You don't NEED to do any of these but if you want to improve quickly you definitely do
>no endgame
What are world bosses? What are node wars and sieges?
>korean
Okay

Looks like you didn't even play the game.
>>
File: 73d.gif (468KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
73d.gif
468KB, 500x500px
>muh waifu sim
That's what you faggots say about every Asian RPG.
>>
>>382224636
All MMOs are shit... every single one of the follows the exact same recipe...
I just tried FF14 and almost fell asleep before I even reached level 2
>>
>>382224739
No. 8 bucks a small amount of money and you should get quite a bit of time out of it. Worst case scenario you have to look up a guide for it. I ended up not caring for it but I don't regret spending 10 bucks for it as I enjoyed some of what the game had to offer.
>>
>>382224713
>and forever understand what korean mmos are all about
And what's that?
>>
>>382224870
>I played the game for literally 5 minutes, guys my opinion is worth something
>>
>>382224806
Witcher 3 is also a waifu sim.
>>
>>382224636

It's a korean grinding MMO and they are all the same, have you not played one before?

All current MMOs are shit, korean ones have always existed on another dimension of awful game design.
>>
>>382223859
" to even talk in channels make you waste energy" Thank goodness, useless pubchat shouting needs to be purged from most to not all games, I dont care to hear about your opinions on stuff.

everything else you said was money locked.... so go get a job if its a deal breaker. ymmv
>>
>>382224931
You honestly sound racist against Koreans to me. Are you Japanese? If you are, just know that your people are inferior to the Koreans.
>>
>>382224918
I'm not going to waste time on a game that can't pull me in form the very beginning.
>>
File: 1451013212512.jpg (79KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1451013212512.jpg
79KB, 501x585px
Those crafty Koreans sure know how to jew every cent from your pockets.
>>
>>382224420
>No real economy due to heavily regulated auction houses.
It is 100% true the AH is regulated. That's is what needs to be done to combat RMT. That said, it's done decently well. The prices change based on demand, etc. It's not just static prices.
>No real reason to do anything other than grind since grinding is 100%+ more effective than life skilling for making money.
>Only thing to do at end game is to make money so you can buy rare items and gamble and boom them on enhance.
>World bosses are just a clusterfuck of zerg rushing with no actually skill or cooperative play involved.
>Node wars are just the biggest guilds sitting pretty in cities building their numbers then zerging each other.
There are many different tiers of node wars. Even small guilds can take lower tier nodes and make a lot of money. Siege wars are different though, you're right. These are for the biggest guilds with very geared players.
>PvP is gear based so unless you 24/7 grind or pay thousands of RMT you won't be able to compete in any meaningful capacity.
You can't "pay" to have an advantage in PvP. The Marketplace you mentioned makes sure of this by pricing cashshop items extremely low in in-game money. That said, yes PvP is gear and level based, like any other MMO ever made that isn't shit. A better player with a lower ap/dp can and will kill players with higher ap/dp but equally skilled players, depending on class, will have an advantage/disadvantage based on ap/dp. You don't even need amazing gear to make a difference in PvP. You could have a shit 400 gs and be fine.
>Pop-ins haven't been patched yet.
Turn off high-end mode. It's still bad but it's not as bad as it used to be.
>Server desync/lag makes fighting with/against grapplers a nightmare.
This is true right now that the servers are getting pummeled.
>The Black Spirit is annoying.
Only when you accidentally open it. That is fucking annoying.
>>
Everyone defending this game, claiming its the best MMO on the market and crying when anyone disagrees should play for at least 2-3 months before claiming its the second coming of Christ but of course, like everyone else who has tried the game, you will not last that long. Once steams honeymoon phase is over, I cant wait to see all the threads about why its the shittest game ever and why it should be avoided at all costs. You know, kind of like what happened on youtube, twitch and every other site a year ago.
History repeats itself.
>>
>>382225054
Jap please.
>>
File: 1492746563041.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1492746563041.png
129KB, 724x611px
i dont think about it at all
>>
>>382224989
>Koreans
one half is ruled by an insecure fatty
the other half is ruled by ultra feminazis
>>
>>382223859
>it takes one hours of pure grinding at lvl 56 to gain 0,5%XP, and it get worse and worse each lvl
So you didn't play the game, neat. That or you're so incredibly shit at it, you're better off killing yourself.

I got 56->57 in one day. I didn't even poopsock it.
>>
>>382225104
Many youtubers who shat on it back then have changed their minds since then, tho.
>>
>>382224895

Korean MMOs are about..

>Waifus
>Flashy graphics/world design/character creator
>Grind, grind so you can grind easier/higher level content
>Being hamstrung by the P2W aspect of the game, many basic elements have been removed or nerfed (looting mobs, tiny inventories, slower xp gain, gear/outfits, ingame cash) thus forcing you to pay real money for cash shop items to help with these issues
>>
File: 1498275186103.png (589KB, 774x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498275186103.png
589KB, 774x720px
>>382220973
NA or EU only server. As i live in aus, id have to pick something non ping dependent to play, which i cbf investigating
>>
>>382225168
Ah yes, the big bad scary feminist boogeyman. Just so you know, feminism doesn't exist in Korea, so you're retarded.
>>
>>382224214
Hop in any BDO thread and you'll quickly see how casual neo-/v/ is. WoW has spoiled them.
>>
>>382224770
Mob grinding is by far the best way to make money that if you aren't grinding when you are on and doing life skills while offline you are simply wasting time.
>>
File: batmangun.jpg (95KB, 480x589px) Image search: [Google]
batmangun.jpg
95KB, 480x589px
>>382220973
game looks good, but very taxing on the hdd and cpu.

the weird complaints i keep seeing can be applied to every mmo ever. Grinding is nomal, what isnt normal is an MMO to be a story driven singleplayer game.

the top complaint is: "there isnt anything to do but grind!"
but you can pretty much point out that every mmo that wasnt guildwars 1 is a fucking grinding treadmill since WoW made it popular.

WoW didnt even have a fucking story
>but muh books
yea minecraft has books too faggot

MMOs were always about being a big fucking world with player interaction. BDO does some of this, but it feels like its still in beta.

its ok, not the best, but better than our current selection of garbage
>>
>>382224517
>grinding 4 hours for 0.1%
Maybe level 62->63
>>
>>382225263
>he doesn't have fiber
>>
>>382225239
More like 2 of them.
>>
>>382225302
>feminism doesn't exist in Korea
Megalia
>>
>>382220973
I'd play it if it had dungeons
>>
>>382225337
>Mob grinding is by far the best way to make money
It's not, at all.

>if you aren't grinding when you are on and doing life skills while offline you are simply wasting time.
You seem to be under the impression that there is only passive income when it comes to life skills. If you were to unlock master 2 trading and go fishing in the sea or hotspot fishing and selling in Valencia, you could make hundreds of millions in a day.
>>
>>382224770
>What is every single life skill? What is node management? What is trading? What is fishing? What is processing? What is cooking? What is farming?
All irrelevant income compared to farming mobs. All based on an energy system which means at some point the game will literally slap your hand and tell you to stop having fun.
>Siege & nodewars are both very meaningful and provide your guild with lots of silver. That said, open world PvP against declared guilds is also important as it gives you an edge in the previously mentioned content.
Yeah, I said it was meaningful. Glad we both agree it's mindless zerging.
>You literally just complained that there is nothing to do but grind then say you didn't do half the game? You don't NEED to do any of these but if you want to improve quickly you definitely do
I didn't say I never tried to use the node system, I said it was pointless. You can fool yourself into thinking you're doing something worthwhile, but all you're doing is taking time off farming mobs.
>What are world bosses? What are node wars and sieges?
Oh boy, zergs against healthbars, and zergs against zergs.

I was in the beta. I spoke to people who played the korean version well before the localization was even announced. I read guide after guide. I wanted to believe this game was going to be a more successful ArcheAge. It's not.
>>
>>382225323
>Hop in any BDO thread and you'll quickly see how casual neo-/v/ is. WoW has spoiled them.
Disregarding the 'neo-/v/' shitposting, I do agree that WoW does mislead people on how MMOs are in general. I tried BDO myself after being a WoW player for a large portion of my life. I was definitely confused when I first played BDO but I didn't let that get in the way of things. I ended up not caring too much for the game but that's just because I'm not too much of a fan of the lack of PvE endgame. I don't really like the PvP in BDO.
>>
why is it so hard to find a decent mmo to cure my itch for a constantly evolving and progressing world to pve in
>>
>>382225351
The thing is that BDO has minimal to no player interaction. There's no reason to play with others unless you node war. You can't direct trade, you lose out on xp in farming groups, you can't even have other people on your wagon.

BDO is a mediocre SP masked as an mmo.
>>
>>382225450
Wow, an inconsequential internet forum. That certainly proves your outlandish conspiracy theories. Just keep blaming all your problems on feminism, virgin.
>>
>>382225464
You do realize you can make 30 Mil and hour grinding? Fishing is heavily dependent on players.
>>
File: 6386976660.png (31KB, 300x135px) Image search: [Google]
6386976660.png
31KB, 300x135px
>>382225405
I do. Throughput has no affect on latency, its only distance.
Light speed in a vacuum(c) is only 0.66 of c through fiber.
>>
>>382225508

Because WoW killed the genre. Before WoW we had things like a heavily story based FFXI that combined JRPG with MMO perfectly and required a group to do EVERYTHING, you also had a game in SWG that as full on sandbox a fucking decade before sandbox games became a hot topic.

Korean MMOs have always been the same, gotta give that to them, they never changed.
>>
>>382225551
fuck off back to red.dit
>>
>>382225323
BDO really doesn't have any depth. The skill tree is deceptively simple with a bunch of legit trash moves for at least half the classes and awakenings, bosses are boring as fuck zerg rushes, and PvP is ruined by the fact you can get demolished by a guy spamming mouse click if he has a slightly higher level and better gear than you
>>
>>382225508
Because Vanilla - Pre Trails WotLK was a once in a lifetime experience where almost everything worked
>Semi non retarded Devs
>People wanted to have community
>Things like wowhead/thottbot weren't freely availible day 1
>No LFG/LFR
>It was fun and rewarding since there was no P2W shop
>>
>>382225478
>All irrelevant income compared to farming mobs. All based on an energy system which means at some point the game will literally slap your hand and tell you to stop having fun.
No.
See
>>382225464

Out of the things I named only processing and cooking require energy. Trading doesn't, fishing doesn't, node management doesn't if you physically go to the node. You haven't played the game or only for a week or you'd know this.

>Glad we both agree it's mindless zerging.
How? Have you never done one? There's a lot of positioning and flanking going on in these. Calling it mindless only reflects on your experiences.

> I said it was pointless.
It's not.

>You can fool yourself into thinking you're doing something worthwhile, but all you're doing is taking time off farming mobs.
How is it pointless if I'm making tens of millions on it a day doing nothing but feeding my workers beer every 10 hours? It doesn't even take long to set up.

>Oh boy, zergs against healthbars, and zergs against zergs.
So you were just shit at the game. Good to know. I hope you at least played it to level 58+ and did a couple node wars.
>>
File: 1475056951853.png (270KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475056951853.png
270KB, 640x480px
>>382225658
NERD
>>
File: 1439322896290.png (376KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1439322896290.png
376KB, 4500x4334px
>it's shit, but so are its competitors so I give it a pass
>>
File: dbz76-10.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dbz76-10.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>382225789
Nice one. Eat any good books lately?
>>
>>382224770
Fucking kek this guy is actually serious
>What is every single life skill? What is node management? What is trading? What is fishing? What is processing? What is cooking? What is farming?
You perfectly know these methods are not as efficient as grinding, they bring money, but for the same time your spend crafting, mining, fishing or trading your could grind and get double amount of money
>Siege & nodewars are both very meaningful and provide your guild with lots of silver. That said, open world PvP against declared guilds is also important as it gives you an edge in the previously mentioned content.
PvP is absolutely gear based, and some class even well played are worthless in the game (valk, kuno, tamer). Unless you never did guildwars you can't say it's not a clusterfuck
>You literally just complained that there is nothing to do but grind then say you didn't do half the game? You don't NEED to do any of these but if you want to improve quickly you definitely do
No you don't definitely do, stop being a hypocrite man. If you enjoy it, do it, but the only thing you need is 4 t4 pets and farming.
>What are world bosses? What are node wars and sieges?
So you call that endgame ? Where are party bases dungeons ? Raids ? Besides, endgame is only accessible with months and months of grinding, so unless you're a neet, good luck on that
>>
>>382225239
>many
a few of them made videos saying it had got better then either made no follow up videos or made one or two before stopping because very little has been fixed since the western launch. after not playing for a year, its understandable they would relive the honeymoon phase. The only chanels I've seen that have gone back and kept playing are the one or two that started off as dedicated DBO chanels anyway
>>
>>382224517
this game really fucks with casuals who are used to these streamlined casual mmos.

there is no set cap, just a soft cap where it really slows down your level gain. They make it easier to climb as they release new content.

ie: going from 45 to 50 was like 55 to 60

you can try to grind farther, but only autists race towards a nonexistant finish line.

the only problem i have is the lack of things to do with a party of friends, but if your complaint is about why the game aint conforming to your casual streamlined standards of racing to max level and perpetually grinding endgame infinitely, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>382225836
meant grind mobs* of course
>>
>>382225695
Honestly elite dangerous might be what he's looking for, too bad it's mostly empty systems and repetitive missions
>>
>>382225610
Sure. Did you know you could make even more than that doing life skills? What is your point? Grinding is good I wont deny that. You shouldn't ignore life skills though when you can make even better money off it.

There's a reason the richest players in the game are life skillers.
>>
>>382220973
Ahh the daily shilling of this mmo
>>
>>382225223
Being this mad when pointing out the flaws of your shitty game
Beside 56 -> 57 in one day, I hope you enjoy sitting in front of your shitty game for 24 hours straight, besides even neet korean players take months to up from 60 afterward.
Get tastes
>>
>>382220973
Eastern mmorpg's will never look or play good.

fuckin weebs
>>
>>382225894

If you think about it BDO is extremely casual, leveling up requires zero thought and the mobs and their levels are clearly marked on your map at all times. The main aspect of the game is making money which you can do via mindlessly killing mobs, mindlessly walking around doing a life skill, or simply afk fishing/trading.

No thought or skill required, just time.
>>
>>382226006
>105 replies
>38 posters
>1 guy very visibly defending the game against all detractors
I wonder if he makes the thread every day too?
>>
>>382225836
>some class even well played are worthless in the game (valk, kuno, tamer).

You never played have you?

Valk is one of the best "tank" classes in the game for node & siege PvP. They can easily funnel in a ton of enemy players for heavy AE.

Kuno I have no idea, probably shit.

Tamer is one of the best 1v1 PvP classes in the game.

>>382225836
>So you call that endgame ? Where are party bases dungeons ? Raids ?
Please just go back to WoW/XiV/GenericWoWClone#341576

For other responses see:
>>382225783
>>
>>382226093
but there is no soft cap. I wouldnt expect you to understand, casual. Stick to WoW.
>>
>>382226075
i was just gifted this, an my firends are only praising the character creator so far and the 'old school' difficulty. i heard you cant even waifu cause costumes cost lots of money. so say whats a good basic easy class i can get into.
>>
>>382226006
>>382226006
>only ffxiv should be shilled
>>
>>382226054
What is wrong with 56->57 taking a day? That's nothing.

Any MMO before WoW could take weeks to gain a level and you couldn't even do it solo.

Are WoW-babbys really this spoiled?
>>
>>382226209

A soft cap on what?
>>
>all these FF14 and WoW fags
>>
>>382226163
Nice bait you tasteless retard. It's because of drooling sheeps like you we get horrible mmo today.
>>
>>382226328
Cool argument. It's okay to be wrong about things. Just chalk it up as a learning experience.
>>
>>382226249
Grinding mobs for hours to gain a lvl is not an accomplishment, get an actual hobby a put your free time in it instead
>>
Sandbox means nothing if the game is disgustingly static and simple.
>>
>>382226093
i dont agree
im pretty sure that if you only wanted to level up you could, but being level 60 with 30 energy and 10 contribution is your choice. Its obvious you can do more.

im at 400 energy and 300 contribution and i dont understand how people only want to grind 24/7 and hit max level
>>
>>382226423
>Accomplishing something isn't an accomplishment
>get a real hobby
>on /v/
>>
File: bait.gif (1MB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
1MB, 400x254px
>>382221193
Really? It's one of the worst optimised games I've ever played.

Post specs and settings.
>>
>>382226440
>he doesn't know about siege/node wars
>>
>>382225919
Why don't you post the method to making more money than grinding by lifeskilling? I'm dying to hear how you can make billions every week without touching a mob.

Or are you one of those guys who refuse to share their "super secret moneymaking schemes"?

Lmao
>>
>>382226372
You're clearly a delusionnal fag spouting "B-but you clearly didn't play the game" to protect all those meaningless hours you put into this turd. There is absolutely no point debating with you
>>
File: archeage (2).png (78KB, 153x233px) Image search: [Google]
archeage (2).png
78KB, 153x233px
is it any better guys?
>>
>>382226571
>>382226571
>>382226571
never 60 in towns

but everywhere else runs fine
mosh pits with many players require disabling of other's effects
>>
how is eso?
>>
>>382226734
I provided evidence and arguments. You replied with
>Nice bait you tasteless retard. It's because of drooling sheeps like you we get horrible mmo today.

You sound like a 12 year old
>>
>>382226571
pc gamers having to wait patches for optimized gameplay
>>
>>382226757
p2w
>>
>>382226249

It's about what that level means, what does it open up and what does it allow you to do?

In BDO leveling goes by extremely fast until you get to the mid 50's, the game has """""no max level"""" but going from 61 to 62 takes roughly 300 hours of grinding and going from 62 to 63 is well over 1,000 so it's basically pointless to try. But going back to the point, all you get out of levels in BDO is the ability to grind higher level mobs. The gear system isn't level based, you're leveling solo for most of the game, and you aren't leveling up towards some super cool endgame pve content.

Now let's look at an old but amazing MMO in Final Fantasy 11. In FFXI leveling took a very long time, your first character in the early days would take roughly six months to reach max level, yes you heard that right over half a year. What makes this different than BDO? Leveling had a purpose, you had to level in a group and the gameplay was slow so you were constantly meeting new people and conversing with them, the leveling process built a foundation for the games community. The game was also designed with "endgame" content at every level, there were bosses, missions, actual questlines, and tons of other stuff you could do as you reached various leveling milestones so each and every level felt like you were accomplishing something.

Good MMO design vs soulless Korean MMO grinding.
>>
>>382226723
personally i craft and sell grade 3 armor stones, fishing boats, grunil armor, and lots of processed material in bulk.

alchemy is where the money is at, people neeeeeeed fucking shit that they are too lazy to make like solvents, glues, etc
>>
File: 1486510022954.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1486510022954.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>382226571
I use an i5 and a 1060. Haven't really had problems. I've had some dips when there are a lot of characters on screen, but otherwise it runs fine on max settings in 1080p.
>>
File: 2017-06-16_119565414.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-16_119565414.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
[sweating intensifies]
>>
>>382226905
>>382226905
hows ffxiv?
>comparing good old mmos to modern
might as well compare WoW to swg or eve, or anything for that matter

anything from the past is usually better, so lets be fair and make a REAL comparison instead of a dead game with dead servers comparison

so tell me about the sequel to ffxi, how is FFXIV???????????
>>
>>382226723
I'll post some links:
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/696520/how_to_level_to_master_2_trading_in_30_hours_here/

You'll want Master 2 trading first of all. It's a grind, but very much worth it (50% buff to all your turn ins, not a additive buff, a multiplier)

Next you'll probably want to get ~200+ contribution to connect nodes from way out in the sea to Valencia. You can do this by doing the black spirit quests and cooking beer.
http://www.gosunoob.com/black-desert-online/how-to-craft-beer/

Next I'd look up hotspot vs sea fishing. You'll likely be using hotspot fishing for the master 2 way. You can level up fishing so you can see the hotspots overnight. You want to use triple float rods, so look up the quest for that and start doing it every week.

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/
(tick hotspot fishing & sea regions)

Doing this you fill up your inventory, then travel to valencia, grab your master 2 buff and trade in your fish to the trade person for 150% travel bonus + any regular bonus + 50% master 2 bonus.

That's just one way to do it. The game throws money at you so it shouldn't be difficult to reach any goal.
>>
Let's all be honest, RuneScape is the greatest mmo of all time
>>
>>382227224

FFXIV is nothing like XI unfortunately. The original launch of 14 was arguably the worst MMO of all time with mechanics that had to of been designed by howler monkeys. They redid the entire game and sorta re-released it and made it a lot better but as the game stands today it's very much a WoW inspired title, very close to being a WoW clone.

Now if you like WoW gameplay then sure you'll like FF14 but if not then that's that.
>>
File: nails.webm (3MB, 706x1438px) Image search: [Google]
nails.webm
3MB, 706x1438px
is no one going to show their fucking slut.
i thought that was the main appeal of this game.
>>
>>382227268
And yet that's still slower than the 30mil per hour grind.
>>
>>382227485
>>382227485
yeah im disappointed as fuck going from ffxi to ffxiv

i only play black desert cause it sorta smashes vindictus with mabinogi, but if archage wasnt given to a shit publisher id be on that instead.
>>
>>382226905
>all you get out of levels in BDO is the ability to grind higher level mobs.
No.

You unlock more skills and skillpoints. That's the entire reason ANYONE goes over the soft cap. It's a HUGE benefit, even moreso than gear.

>The gear system isn't level based,
If someone lv58 with 200ap/250dp fight a player lv60 with 200ap/dp, the level 60 player will have a much higher advantage.

>you're leveling solo for most of the game
It's almost always beneficial to level in a group if there's enough spawns to fuel it.

>you aren't leveling up towards some super cool endgame pve content.
You're leveling up towards some super cool endgame PvP content.

I played FFXI from NA relase up until ToAU, so you don't need to preach to me. These are two completely different styles of MMOs. FFXI was 100% revolved around PvE. BDO is 100% revolved around PvP. They play nothing alike so it's not fair to compare them.

>The game was also designed with "endgame" content at every level
No, not really. The only "endgame" content worth doing required you to be 75. Dynamis, Sky, Sea, Limbus, HNMs, etc. All 75 content. Are you talking about HNMs? Level 75 content. Are you talking about missions past rank 6? Level 75 content unless you're getting carried.

You can't "trick" me with your bullshit on FFXI because I played through all of it.
>>
>>382227224
>how is FFXIV???????????
Compared to BDO?
>has dungeons
>has bosses
>has story
>has lore
>has endgame
>no grind
>no zerging
>no gear based PvP
Pretty great tbqh.
>>
>>382227725
No, it's not.

Goes to show you can literally teach an idiot to fish and he'll still shitpost.
>>
>>382227841
Ffxiv player numbers compared to BDO speaks for itself honestly.
>>
>>382227841
>no grinding
what do you call that thing you do with dungeons to collect better gear all the time thanks to that ilevel system and perpetually released better gear?
>>
>>382227841
>>how is FFXIV???????????
>has dungeons
Which you'll run 200 times each for tomes. No one will talk and you'll rush through it as quickly as possible so you don't kill yourself.
>has bosses
So does BDO.
>has story
So does BDO.
>has lore
So does BDO.
>has endgame
So does BDO.
>no grind
What about FATEs? What about PotD? What about PvP? What about every single job you level after the first?
>no zerging
What about FATEs? What about PotD? What about PvP? What about every single piece of content outside of raids?
>no gear based PvP
Oh boy, completely homogenized PvP between jobs that already play exactly the same and have no difference in playstyle.

Try harder WoW-babby
>>
File: 2017-06-10_851246335.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-10_851246335.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
>>
>>382227841
BDO has bosses, but they're hp-sponges and fighting them looks and feels like you're playing pikmin.
>>
>>382227872
>no ur wrong
How much money do you make per hour with that method friend?
>>
>mmo is grinding heavy
>/v/ hates it
>monster hunter is grinding heavy
>/v/ loves it
Why so hypocrite???
>>
File: file.png (84KB, 698x265px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
84KB, 698x265px
>>382227915
They sure do.
>>
>>382227841
>no grind
What do you call the gear treadmill and leveling classes?
>>
>>382227798

>FFXI
>Has actual meaningful content and a tight knit community
>The journey is enjoyable and the entire focus isn't on a reward at the end

>BDO
>Grind levels
>Grind money so you can buy gear
>Grind money so you can waste money grinding higher levels of gear
>After spending hundreds upon hundreds of millions and grinding on alts to optimize your gear grinding you finally have gear good enough to go PVP
>PVP is just zergfests that make Alterac Valley look like a game of chess

Dynamis alone provides more entertainment value than the entirety of BDO and hilariously even requires more skill.
>>
>>382228078
100mil at least. It takes about 2 hours to fill my inventory, get the buff and make it to Valencia
>>
>>382228106
Monster Hunter didn't have a WoW-equivalent in its genre to kill it.
>>
>>382227915
>>382228113
holy shit mega rekt

>inb4 third party client

BDO has it's own independent launcher as well
>>
>>382220973
can someone show me how female feet look in this game?

asking for a friend
>>
File: 1470454336080.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470454336080.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>>382227915
those numbers are for show, when you get on bdo you see players everywhere.

When you look at server clusters most of them on ffxiv are abandoned and empty as fuck except for key clusters (3) which everyone is at. However when you get into these high population servers you find out its a ghost town cause content is vertical making older content irrelavent. The population is at the peak of the iceberg, not spread out cause most content is viewed as a waste of time. That includes the dungeons too.

basically a game full of vaporware to brag about, but its all smoke and mirrors.
>>
I know everyone says it's a solo mmo but I can hardly play anything alone without the gf bothering me after a few days. I know it's not needed to play in groups but can you with 2-4 people, or is it not very efficient to do that?
>>
>>382228163
You didn't actually play BDO did you? Or did you just play it and not do anything but grind non-stop until you reached 56 and quit because there wasn't some magical raid at the end?

XI had a great community aspect sure. So does BDO. The "journey" is just as enjoyable in BDO if you do some lifeskills from time to time and actually experience the game instead of ONLY GRIND.

>Grind levels
Yep
>Grind money so you can buy gear
Through grinding level, life skills, events, endgame PvP, etc. Sure. Way to generalize.
>Grind money so you can waste money grinding higher levels of gear
See above. Is progression bad? I don't get it.
>After spending hundreds upon hundreds of millions and grinding on alts to optimize your gear grinding you finally have gear good enough to go PVP
It takes maybe 2 weeks to get enough gear to do node wars. It's not like some ancient journey you never see the end of.
>PVP is just zergfests that make Alterac Valley look like a game of chess
No it's not.

I mean look. FFXI is great. It will always be a great game. It doesn't stop BDO from being a good game. You not playing it and having no experience is really showing with each post you make.
>>
Of course BDO has players online 24/7, you get rewarded for keeping the game running when you're afk so those autists never shut the game down.
>>
>>382228498
Is that bad?
>>
>>382228451
If you group up with your gf, you both will get around 60% of the xp you would normally get for killing mobs, but since you are with two people and assuming she'll actually play instead of freeload off you, it should actually be a bit more efficient since you should also kill twice as many mobs in the same time.
>>
>>382220973
>Resource nodes look like same gathered as ungathered
This killed the game for me
>>
>>382228451
>>382228451
bdo has this thing where you gotta be 6 levels within reach while in a party or you get no experience, so long as that aint a problem there isnt anything wrong with playing or grinding with others.
>>
>>382228703
>>382228451
To add onto this, make her roll Tamer and you'll be able to pull 3x the normal amount and exp much much faster.
>>
>>382228624
jokes on you i had already came to some GOAT foot porn before you posted this
>>
>>382220973
the world is really detailed and beautiful and it's a ton of fun to just explore but the rest of the game is mediocre

the combat system is nice and fluid but it's wasted on mindless trash mob grinding, and desync issues prevent it from being fun in pvp

all the different pve activities are interesting but very shallow once you actually get into them

and since it's korean, everything is designed to make you spend as much time on it as possible
>>
>>382228392
People all group up at one place because you can que into dungeons and don't have to physically be there, and everyone is chilling out at the end-game city areas.
>>
>>382228482

You're disillusioned with the idea that grinding is fun in BDO, it lacks a purpose, it's just grinding for the sake of grinding. Wow AFK fishing sure is an engaging experience, wow walking between towns trading sure is top tier gameplay, oh golly let me walk around clicking trees/rocks/shrubs then going to my residence and clicking craft all.

The node system I have to say is really neat but it simply boils down to more AFK grinding with little input other than Beer making and feeding. You could do some real theorycrafting on setting up your production lines but again in the end what is it all for? Making money to level up your gear so you can up your AP/DP to a point where you can PVP, which isn't all that fun with hamster run servers and mob vs mob gameplay.
>>
The optimization of the game is pure shit.
Whenever you get to a town it's full of people afk fishing or standing at the marketplace, all their mounts resting in the same spot, bringing the fps down to around 17. Just let us hide other player's mounts just like we can hide pets. Also let us select a max number of shown players.
>>
>>382228908
You're stuck on this point that nothing serves "a purpose." Everything in BDO has a purpose. Just because your "goal" doesn't line up with the design of the game doesn't mean it doesn't for everyone else.

Some people want to be #1 fisher on their server. Some people want #1 wealth. Some people want to join a node wars guild. Some a siege war guild. Not everyone is "I NEED TO BE 250AP/350DP WITH BIS GEAR JUST BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO DO ANY OTHER CONTENT IN THE GAME" as you seem o believe.
>>
File: point66_s02.jpg (225KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
point66_s02.jpg
225KB, 1280x720px
>>382220973

>What does /v/ think of Black Desert Online?

It's alright. I hate that certain gameplay elements were gimped after the Closed Beta period since they joined up with NEXON for localization:

PvP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNZFlaSsA1Q

Combat Inputs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ixcZ6MEXDI

Bosses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVpeBd8hdYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w82ytr8Tj60

Trade & Economy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGuw6740TFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R1n6VnsYF4

Horse Training, Tents and Cow Milking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSDa5QkaGNs

Housing and Theft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp-n0FlQh70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajpYeUo4_xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jarJoXMs1sQ

Character Creator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaOY_VYAi1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgOThW-xX04

Dye System:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsAEibWk7Ec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a5kCsGjpRI
>>
I just started playing and renting a house that can house your workers seems to cost 500 silver per minute. Do the workers make that back for me per minute?
>>
>>382228990
Upgrade your CPU/GPU man. The game is definitely taxing on your hardware, but it can run well and it when it does it is very very nice
>>
>>382228257
>>382227915
>>382228113
You're honestly retarded
People outright avoid the steam version of ff14 because its way cheaper off of it
on top of steam using its own specific keys that are incompatible with expansions purchased on the square enix store
>>
>>382229185
I get 60 fps anywhere else, it's just the towns with afk fishing that kill my framerate.
>>
>>382228908
This.
Not to mention all the life skilling amounts to is making more money to buy better gear and roll the slots some more.
I can understand if it was fun to make money like raiding cool bosses or dungeons but it's largely an tedious afk simulator.
>>
>>382229148
Check out this guide and you'll make a couple million a day doing nothing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ZsrWKFJvE

I'd watch all his economy videos if I were you
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434KB, 571x540px
>Only 1 dungeon in the game
>No real endgame because pvp is shit
>Game has hands down the best combat in any mmo ever made but it doesn't matter because PVE is a QTEfest and PVP is 1shot central.

My biggest gripe with the game has to be the communist auction house though.
>>
>>382229195
>I'm butthurt that FF14 is a failure after shilling it 24/7 for 3 years

lol
>>
>>382228113
>>382228257
I wonder how many people here even play ffxiv to realize most people use the standalone launcher and that BDO steam numbers are inflated due to the huge sale.
>>
>>382229301
Thanks, this game is pretty overwhelming when just starting out.
>>
>>382229195
You're quoting three different people.
>>
>>382228810
Oh is this a class based game? For some reason I thought it was kinda like FFXIV where you could switch between them with just the one character. If it's more wow based with professions and classes idk if I wanna do that and get into the alt game and all that shit
>>
>>382222613
saying things are buzzwords is a buzzword. Make a real arguement next time.
>>
>>382229349
Yes yes make shit up with zero proof. Desperate FF14 shills with their dead game. Enjoy your 3 hour DPS queues
>>
>>382229102

It's called content, something BDO does a good job of hiding the fact it doesn't have any of. Considering most life skills are most efficiently done through AFK strats or workers the only real content the game has is PVP. There is no PVE content whatsoever and anything else you could even hint at being content is locked behind the pearl shop. The entire point of the game is to make money and the developers did everything they could to hinder you unless you pay real money for cash shop items.

The end all here is the phrase "all dressed up and nowhere to go", you spend all your time making money to get gear and then have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>382229349
Also the fact that BDO immensely rewards you for AFKing for huge amounts at a time
>>
>>382229148
it doesn't cost 500 silver per minute, it costs 500 silver once to rent it and takes 1 minute until you can use it
>>
File: IMG_6117.png (323KB, 465x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6117.png
323KB, 465x474px
>just looking for some satisfying greatsword fightin and grindan for PvE

It looks like it's either this or Vindictus. I got no interest for pvp though, should I not look into BDO?
>>
>>382229665
>No interest for pvp
Run.
>>
>>382229389
This game is pretty alt friendly.
Leveling from 1 to 56 can be done in a couple of hours if you know what you're doing and you even get double xp during weekends + bonus xp for one hour (200% bonus) or two hours (100% bonus) each day.

Your characters share your max amount of energy and total number of contribution points.

You can also share your mounts, pets and armor between characters. Only exclusive items are bound items like your weapons which are class specific.
>>
>>382229665
BDO is the perfect PVE game
you can play it like a single player game basically
>>
>>382229665
You should definitely look into BDO, because it's a great game which feels rewarding to play.
>>
>>382229639
It seems like I might be retarded, thanks.
>>
>>382229665
Do you like the idea of spending hours collecting mobs then spamming AOEs until they are dead?

How about a progression system where you have to spend shards to upgrade your weapon, they only work 10% of the time and when they fail you have to get another copy of that same weapon and repair it?
>>
Had a friend that was really shilling this game to me and the rest of my friends so we all bought it. It's hard to have any idea what the fuck is going on in this game. A few days in and I'm still not entirely sure what I should be doing. Also, the amount of Korean jewery is overwhelming. And there's SO MUCH pop in
>>
>>382229716
Well maybe I'll take a look at it while the sale is going on even though I missed out on the last one. I have so many other games I'm playing right now though, sounds like a bad idea to buy a fucking nother
>>
>>382229509
Noah he's right.
Steam version is for literal cucks who want to be scammed. Same deal with other independent games like Vindictus and BDO: everyone plays on the standalone launcher.
>>
>>382220973
Grindy and overly complicated.
>>
>>382229885
You can use a free 7 day trial pass if you want to try and see if you like it. It is a 50gb download though.
>>
>>382230029
>It is a 50gb download though
Pfft, that's nothing to a person living in a 1st world nation.
>>
>>382229525
>then have nothing to do with it
You STILL don't understand that PvP siege/node wars are the end game.
>>
>>382229665
>i got no interest for pvp though
End game is literally PvP or hardcore life skills or both
>>
>>382230029
oh that sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>382230268
He's already unsure if he should even bother with the game. If he has to download 50gb, he might not want to bother at all.
>>
>>382230393
>If he has to download 50gb
Pfft, that's nothing to a person living in a 1st world nation.
>>
>>382222650
>>382221827
Correct answers.
>>
>>382230301

Zerg PVP is the games ultimate and only tier of endgame content.

Fun.
>>
>>382229819
The pop in is bad. Turn off high-end mode if it's on.

This game really requires a lot of adjustment and has a lot to learn. I'd suggest watching/reading some starter guides just so you have an idea of what to do.

For now, just get a group with your buddies and go grind in the areas on my map near your respective character level. Try AFK fishing overnight.
>>
>>382229665
>>382229665
vindictus is suffering the same problem ffxiv is having

they both do vertical content that means older content is abandoned and irrelavent. Vindictus is literally a single player game till you get to the peak of the newest content where everyone is at.

have fun slogging through it solo, its the reason i dont fucking play vindictus.

FFXIV however doesnt have an excuse for having such horrible design direction. Its creating a vacuum that will be miserable for new people to get into unless they allow players to literally skip over whole chunks of content like vindictus.

garbage games that have people who invested too much into them to ever admit they are on a dead mmo.

when a new player can get on your fucking game and find nobody to play with, no one talking, no player interaction, and have to bring friends from the outside in with them in order to even enjoy any group content. You fucking know your shit is on the way out.

Vertical content is a fucking mistake, but its easy and cheap to do, but it makes previous content void everytime new content gets released. You end up with with all this content, but none of it matters except for that one "endgame" raid dungeon you are suppose to run 200 times to get the gear you want which will become vaporware as well.
>>
>>382230301
Yes because the idea of zerg rushing and spamming skills amidst all the desync is fun PvP.

Play BnS if you want actual good PvP.
>>
The userbase of BDO is literally /v/.

All people talk about in chat is traps.
>>
File: 1243125457345.png (3MB, 1870x849px) Image search: [Google]
1243125457345.png
3MB, 1870x849px
>>382220973

I think i need to find another L2 Interlude private server to satisfie my MMO thirst. No current MMO can do that
>>
>>382230476
>Zerg
Here's that meme again! The meme that instantly makes you sound like you've never played the game before
>>
File: literallyme.png (298KB, 459x462px) Image search: [Google]
literallyme.png
298KB, 459x462px
>>382220973
Boring game.

Only got attention because of HD Graphics and a pretty hefty character creator. Mainly character creator.
>>
>>382230495
>Vindictus is literally a single player game

So is black desert.
>>
>>382230510
see
>>382230572

Just wait for the Steam WoW-babbys to quit once their 30day noob status wears off and the game wont be as laggy as you seem to think it is
>>
>>382220973

Better than FFXIV by far.

Worse than WoW by far.
>>
>>382230649
Why don't you just try the game out instead of shitposting lies about it? I don't get it.
>>
>>382230737
he's right tho
>>
SWTOR is better desu, and if I want to play a korean grindfest TERA is more fun, the biggest upside to Black Desert is the waifu creator
>>
>>382230737
I already play it. People don't bother grouping up before Sausans / Pirates and even then they only do that if they're not strong enough to solo it.
>>
>>382230827
>SWTOR is better

You could have literally tried to bait with any other MMO but you had to pick the most obvious bait of them all?
>>
>>382230789
How?
>>382230828

>People don't bother grouping up before Sausans / Pirates
So people don't bother grouping up for the 1 day of content before you erach the real leveling process?

Is that really your complaint?
>>
>>382230572

https://youtu.be/vwYDcB6pmYI?t=2422

clicked the first result on youtube then clicked a random spot in the video, zerg
>>
File: 2017-06-02_40466033.jpg (673KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-02_40466033.jpg
673KB, 1920x1080px
>people saying bdo is good
Let me tell you how bdo is; you either grind an ungodly amount to get gear to pvp or you leave the game on in the background while your toon automates whatever lifeskill you're trying to level up. The best way to sum up the entire game is, tedious.
>>
>>382230943
How is that different than:
>Vindictus is literally a single player game till you get to the peak of the newest content where everyone is at.
>>
File: 1423812194958.jpg (1MB, 1878x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1423812194958.jpg
1MB, 1878x1289px
>>382229819
higher the graphic mode the farther you render

pop in is only solved by having maximum render distance and an SSD. Otherwise you have the game constantly accessing your HDD to stream shit in and out.

fuck with the settings a lot to figure out what works best and disable unnecessary shit or not.

early on just do the black spirit quests and then dick around with professions at level 20.

go find and catch a nice tier 5 horse, level up your gathering and processing by doing simple shit like collecting river water and filtering it.
>>
>>382230827
I like SWTOR base story. The new empire shit is wack though.
>>
>>382220973
Decent for an MMO.

Kinda Themepark/Sandbox mix with neato graphics and really nice combat

However it's painfully more grindy than a typical mmo.
>>
>>382230724
FFXIV < BDO < WoW?
This is fundamentally false because FFXIV > WoW
>>
>>382231040
How is it any different than complaining that a MMO is a "singleplayer" game when the first day you have to solo to level 10 before group content?

How is it any different than calling DotA a "singleplayer" game because you do a tutorial by yourself first?

Are you autistic?
>>
>>382230943
>How?
there is no incentive to play it any other way
the only time you don't play it like a single player game is when you do pvp and that is endgame content that you will only get to after weeks of mindless solo grinding
>>
>>382224214
>chink games are all the same
>use the same words to describe them
>WOW BUZZWORDS LMAO

spotted the chink, don't you have some mobs to grind endlessly or cash shop gachipons to blow money on?
>>
>>382230954
>Group PvP == zerg PvP
That's not what a zerg is.

A zerg is when you have WAY more people than the others and "ZERG" them. Zerg vs Zerg is just literally group PvP. If you don't want group PvP, go flag on people in the world of 1v1 or 1v2 or 2v2
>>
>>382230572
How is end game siege PvP not zerg? There's so much bullshit it's just a massive spam of the most overpowered classes (witch still not nerfed lmao).
>>
>>382220973
I love the visual style of the world and wish there was an offline version. I ignore the MMO grinding shit and just explore the world at my own pace.
>>
File: 1498643380599.gif (760KB, 370x222px) Image search: [Google]
1498643380599.gif
760KB, 370x222px
>>382231205
>How is it any different than complaining that a MMO is a "singleplayer" game when the first day you have to solo to level 10 before group content?
Genuine question guys, but how does one become that delusional ? This is actually impressive
>>
>>382231206
>there is no incentive to play it any other way
What? Yes there is. You get a 20% bonus to EXP for each additional person then split between members. For each additional person you can aggro 8 additional mobs.

That's a net gain in EXP.

I'm sorry you don't know the mechanics of the game, but please go play and you will. That or stop shitposting.
>>
>>382230393
I appreciate your concern but I am in a 1st world nation and don't have an issue with 50gb haha
>>
>>382231345
see
>>382231328

By your definition, any PvP of any kind that has two groups of people is a zerg. That's incorrect.
>>
>>382220973
it's a bad korean grindfest with no endgame except to keep grinding.
it has a great character creator and looks beautiful, but at the end of the day it's boring and all it has going for it is erp
>>
>>382231424
Are you too dumb to comprehend this?

In MMOs before WoW you usually leveled in groups. Before that, you'd solo the first ten levels let's say. In BDO that's exactly the same. You level the first ~52 levels solo which takes maybe 6-8 hours. Then you usually party up with people to level faster.

Do you not understand basic logic?
>>
>>382231205
No, but you might be. I was just saying to that anon that if Vindictus is singleplayer, then so is BDO. But your autism might give you problems with reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1485051501065.jpg (52KB, 522x472px) Image search: [Google]
1485051501065.jpg
52KB, 522x472px
>>382231040
because when i said that you are trying to take it out of context.

in vindictus you dont have a choice
IT IS A SINGLE PLAYER GAME CAUSE THERE IS NO ONE DOING ANY OF THE CONTENT.

in bdo you have plenty of people around who wouldnt mind partying up. I could get a fucking party going to smash grass beetles, good luck fucking having anyone want to do fucking shit in season 1 of vindictus or FFXIV.

just cause you could choose to play alone doesnt suddenly force you to slog through content alone to reach everyone at the peak in vindictus and FFXIV where they only play the newest content.

in bdo, all content is relevant, you have people all over the fucking place and they will party with you to do it.
>>
>>382231508
It's just two guilds sitting in a city building up their numbers then zerging. Even if numbers happen to be parity doesnt the mean the PvP is any better.

World bosses have the same problem. It's all just DPS spam
>>
File: 1495539014476.jpg (116KB, 1096x731px) Image search: [Google]
1495539014476.jpg
116KB, 1096x731px
>>382231616
>comparing handcrafted dungeons with mechanics and rewarded gears with an endlessly mob farming group that just give money
This shit is too funny
>>
File: 1394460340438.jpg (18KB, 180x269px) Image search: [Google]
1394460340438.jpg
18KB, 180x269px
>>382231412
I thought like you too
>I don't give a shit about pvp so I'll just roam the world. but walking is pretty slow so I'll get a faster horse
>horse taming requires training beginner lvl 5
>to level training you auto path your starter donkey mount and afk until you hit lvl 5
>ok whatever, I leveled it and now I have a horse I caught. now to put some equipment on it like stirrups and a saddle
>vendor won't sell you either until you grind the amnity mini game
>amnity is spend like currency so you'll have to grind it up for each purchase
>get though that shit and start exploring
>find a comfy coastal town
>decide to buy a house and settle down
>go to the furniture vendor
>won't sell me most of his stock until I grind up his amnity
And that's where I said fuck off and quit.
>>
>>382231881
>handcrafted dungeons with mechanics
OH wow the WoW-babby is strong in this one.

Did you even read what I said? I know this is really really difficult to comprehend for someone who's never played an MMO other than WoW-clones, but there was actually a time when in order to level you HAD to be in a group. There was no alternative. There weren't instanced dungeons or PvP or quests for you to solo. It was literally ONLY group leveling.

The fact you just assume I'm talking about WoW and WoW-clones shows how much of a fucking neo-/v/er you are.
>>
Is it just me, or is this exact same thread up every day? OP tries to convince everyone BDO is the best MMO ever, people come to criticize it, then he spends the next few hours trying to defend the game while shit talking every other MMO in the process.
>>
>>382232076
Hello Alex Jones
>>
>>382231996
You know you can buy furniture and all that other shit on the marketplace right? It's not even remotely expensive
>>
>>382232049
Not that guy but bdo could really use some content that makes proper use of the combat system, dungeons or otherwise.
>>
>>382232076
>WoW babbys reaching out for validation that his opinion may not be the consensus

Sorry bud, some people like MMOs that's aren't WoW-clones.
>>
>>382227712
That face is awful, looks like a pig-faced Brit.
>>
>>382232167
Like PvP?
Or like world bosses?

I would never be upset with more content, though.
>>
>>382232128
>just buy it off the marketplace, bro
ah yes, this argument. I checked the marketplace for furniture along with other stuff like pets and armors. If I had found anything helpful I would've kept playing.
>>
>>382226163
The class that can summon a pet to attack you is the best for 1v1 you say?
Wow, sounds fuckin obvious
>>
The Black Spirit is cute! I like when it laughs. Though I do wish its appearance didn't change from when you first make your character.
>>
File: 1b.png (47KB, 136x102px) Image search: [Google]
1b.png
47KB, 136x102px
>>382232049
And ? You had to be in group, but you also had dungeons and actual mechanics you mouthbreather.
You can waste your time in this grindfest however you want but don't push your shitty tastes on other anon.
>>
>>382232316
>Like PvP
pvp is pretty garbage and is decided by gear more than anything.
>world bosses
Huge world boss battles are never good. They're just massive dps races. And even if the boss does live long enough to do a mechanic or two there's so much spell effect shit going on it can be hard to tell what's even happening.
>>
File: file.png (341KB, 960x573px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
341KB, 960x573px
>>382232331
I'll entertain your meme.

Here's furniture.
Note: furniture can also be made
>>
File: file.png (354KB, 962x575px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
354KB, 962x575px
>>382232331
Here's armor
>>
>>382232549
Cool. Show me what beds are up for sale? Some tables, shelves, simple stuff like that.
>>
>>382228162
>muh gear treadmill
Aka a progression through a set of regularly released, varied hand-crafted bosses and raids, each with its own mechanics.

Yeah it's totally the same as rotating through the same camp of dweebs over and over again for 100hrs.
>>
File: file.png (765KB, 799x630px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
765KB, 799x630px
>>382232331
Wow and look. Here's even $10 pets for free if you just play the game.
>>
>>382232049
>there was actually a time when in order to level you HAD to be in a group
And BDO is pretty much single player so how is that even related?
>>
>>382232516
>And ? You had to be in group, but you also had dungeons and actual mechanics you mouthbreather.
Dungeons in MMOs before WoW were non-instanced and weren't the "dungeons" you imagine WoW-babby. They were just other zones that had a theme and more condensed monster spawns.

It really really hurts reading you pretend to know what you're talking about. Why bother?
>>
Is the only way to customise your armour appearance is with $?
>>
>>382232516
Even the PvP, the so called holy grail BDO fags keep referring to, is unbalanced with Witches and Wizards running around destorying everyone in GvG due to their retarded iframes and mass AoE spam. Pearl Abyss has refused to do anything about them for 2 years now so whichever guild has the better equipped witches and the numbers will win every time.
>>
>>382232623
Sorry, I should've specified. I mean the cashshop armors. I sat on the market for around 2 hours with several sets on watch and didn't get anything.

>>382232707
>event
Is the event still on? There anymore pets?
>>
>>382232779
Please follow the thread before replying.
>>
File: 1424162617785.gif (489KB, 480x264px) Image search: [Google]
1424162617785.gif
489KB, 480x264px
>>382230827

>SWTOR is better desu
>SWTOR has more P2W elements than Black Desert
>restricting armor, weapons, class content and general items for those who have a paid premium subscription (monthly IIRC)
>SWTOR's story is subpar in comparison to EU standards
>SWTOR's story also railroads the player from exploring the Galaxy as a WHOLE (which was the biggest missed opportunity that BioWare made IMO)
>graphics "quality" is terrible
>gameplay mechanics is simply another WoW clone
>OST is reused from the movies and video-games (i.e The Prequels, Original Trilogy, KOTOR 1 & KOTOR 2)
>cost estimates amount to $150,000,000-$200,000,000 for SWTOR's development and production

No. It isn't.
>>
File: 308573.gif (244KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
308573.gif
244KB, 460x360px
>bdo's idea of group content is partying up to grind mobs
>>
>>382232807
At least dungeons or raids doesn't induce you to eternal sleep.
>>
>>382231996
I don't even know what amnity is, that's how clueless I am about the game. Anyway, I ride my horse without a saddle or any equipment and I'm okay with that. My horse is level 3 when I tamed it and I don't care about the RNG breeding thing, I know that would drive me insane.

I have a house but it's completely empty. I chose a coastal town too, it was in Epheria Port. As for furniture, I vaguely remember some quests rewards furniture items for free. I just want a bed in there and maybe a stove.
>>
>>382232847
Cashshop armors are much more difficult to get unfortunately.

Once you get a notice that they've gone on the marketplace, they go up after 1 minute (as opposed to 10+ for non-cashshop stuff)

That said, they've relatively cheap for what they cost in $$ due to the MP pricing system. Only a dumbass would spend real money to sell something on the MP.

As far as the pet goes... If you hadn't logged in this month at all yet.. You'd need 20 sign ins before 7/12. I think you'd JUST miss the pet by 1-2 sign-ins unfortunate. (you get 2 signins on each weekend day, if Friday counts, you'd get it but I'm not sure).
>>
>>382232807
It were still dungeons with a proper identity, unlike BDO. You seem pretty autistic anon, but when you wasted your youth on shitty niche mmos grinding endlessly to gain lvls I can understand you grow bitter.
mmo is a shitty genre, at least WoW make it less autistic and fun you doofus
>>
>>382233123
>they've relatively cheap for what they cost in $$ due to the MP pricing system. Only a dumbass would spend real money to sell something on the MP
Which, I assume, is why they're so uncommon on the market.
>>
>>382233150
>EQ
>Niche MMO
>FFXI
>Niche MMO
>DaoC
>Niche MMO

Is this what WoW-babbys actually believe?

Holy shit. Please stop arguing about things you know nothing about.
>>
>>382233212
Yep unfortunately. They do come up though. I'm guessing more due to people changing classes or buyer's remorse more than the actual idea of gaining in game money.
>>
>>382233238
>you d-don't know what y-you're talking about, right guys ?
Kek, you're so insecure it's fun. Yes mmo were a niche genre back then, Guild wars and WoW made it mainstream.
>>
>>382220973
started playing a couple of days ago. It's alright. A lot of shit to do
>>
File: 147376576433.gif (236KB, 300x161px) Image search: [Google]
147376576433.gif
236KB, 300x161px
>Black desert online when KetraWars x1 is opening
>>
>>382233123
>>382233212
Damn that sucks, I came from another mmo where cash shop cosmetics were in abundance on the marketplace so I hoped to buy a costume in BDO with in-game money. Unfortunately every time I check the marketplace, there are zero for sale. Too bad I can't preorder them in advance either.
>>
>>382233464
>Yes mmo were a niche genre back then
You didn't say that though, you sad
>niche mmos
Make up your mind

>Guild wars
Guild Wars is not an MMO.

Fuck dude you should really educate yourself before you post here.
>>
>>382233464
not that guy but
>goalposts
other anon stop feeding this troll and move on to actually talking about the game, I'm really thinking of downloading the trial while I have time to buy it on sale, not like it'll take me all month to get rhino prime.
>>
Can you make characters that don't look like a type of Asian?
>>
>>382233624
Have you put up notices on them? That's the only way to really get the ones you want.

It's the downside of combating RMT. If the consumes were more expensive, there would be more on the MP but then people would just buy them to get silver and it'd be legit P2W.
>>
>>382233465
>A lot of shit to do
You think that at first but then you realize it's all shallow and meant to be afk leveled.
>>382233624
I honestly wouldn't mind missing out on cashshop armors if there were more than 3 armor sets per class in the entire game. Warrior is the worst offender. each set looks like hobo shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (120KB, 1190x598px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
120KB, 1190x598px
>>382233658
>Guild Wars is not an MMO.
>>
>training horses
>auto loop got stuck behind a fucking duck
>wasted 5 hours

T-thanks.
>>
>>382233658
Keep trying to justify your laughable life wasting time on grindfest games anon
I'll admit GW is not really a mmo, but you're so butthurt my dude you should get some fresh air
>>
>>382233746
Yes, you can make them as caucasian as you want.
>>
>>382233797
It's not.

Anyone can put anything they want on Wikipedia. It's not a source you fucking mongoloid. By that definition the following games are "MMOS":

Diablo
Diablo II
Diablo III
PUBG
DayZ
Arma
Call of Duty
Tribes
PSO

Any game with a lobby and limited player servers is an "MMO"

You're a dumb ass.
>>
>>382233858
>fishing overnight
>disconnected after 30 minutes

n-nice...
>>
>The funnest thing to do in BDO, according to fanboys here, are:
>Grind mobs with friends
>AFK fishing/trading with your worker empire
>GvG with horribly imbalanced classes and server desync

?
Am I missing something?
>>
>>382220973
Looks beautiful and I like the housing system, skills are a nice thing to AFK grind. It's whatever otherwise.
>>
File: sad pepe.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>382230268
>>382230437
>>382231482
>tfw live in first world nation but just 20GB is a day and night's worth of downloading
>>
So I was told to make the gf a tamer, what should be my "main" as I run through the game and learn it all before starting alts?
>>
>>382233602
>KetraWars x1
>googled it
>Russian websites everywhere
>>
>>382233956
That's why I said MMORPG which means Massively multiplayer online role-playing. ArenaNet is also lying?
>>
>>382234221
You should roll a DK they're very good right now
>>
>>382234135
That's pretty much it.
>>
File: 1493673862940.gif (211KB, 154x122px) Image search: [Google]
1493673862940.gif
211KB, 154x122px
>>382220973
>class tied to race
>only three races
>all of them are basically humans with an exaggerated physical feature
You fags almost conned my into blowing the last of my steambux on this
>>
>>382234324
The RPG part isn't what's important, it's the "MMO" part that you're wrong on.

>ArenaNet is also lying?
Yes.

This isn't something you can argue about. A MMO HAS to be a shared server hosting thousands of players. Not 4. Not 6. Not 8. Thousands.
>>
>>382234135
No. BDO is the type of game with no content other than that which appeals to neckbeards who would rather be productive in a simulation game than in real life. You know, the type that unironically plays farming simulator.
>>
>>382234221
Witch, so you can have cute loli adventures with your gf.
>>
>>382234429
Oh god $8 what ever would you do!
>>
>>382233956
Being this mad and still being wrong
>>
>>382234429
There are three races? I though all of them were human.
>>
>>382234654
Human, big human, and pointy-eared human.
>>
File: 1455742033853.png (215KB, 480x444px) Image search: [Google]
1455742033853.png
215KB, 480x444px
>>382229708
>>382230382

Yeah checking out Hurk's gameplay for Vindictus seems a bit more to my liking, and yeah I don't wanna head towards PvP.
>>
>>382234135
Oh boy want me to overly generalize another MMO?
>The funnest things to do in FFXIV, according to fanboys here, are:
>Grind tomes with friends
>AFK in town since there's nothing to do once you cap tomes
>Raid with horribly imbalanced classes and tank & spank bosses where the only mechanic is to stay out of a red sphere painted on the ground for you

?
Am I missing something?
>>
>>382234501
So if a multiplayer game allows 999 players to be on the same server at the same time, it's not an MMO?
>>
>>382234837
>semantics

Oh boy here we go!

If you can't tell the difference between 2-128 players vs 0-99999 players, there's no helping you.
>>
>>382234835
Oh wow, you found out that MMOs are a shit genre!

BnS legitimately is hype as fuck e-sports though. BDO wishes it could be that balanced yet awesome.
>>
File: 1490054375210.jpg (28KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
1490054375210.jpg
28KB, 264x292px
>>382234835
Why did you pick FFXIV anon ? The person you answered to never talked about this game, I don't get it
>>
File: 1498102169605.jpg (108KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1498102169605.jpg
108KB, 998x974px
>>382234954
>mmo players are this autistic
Glad I don't play this horrible genre anymore
>>
>>382235012
Did you even read the post?
>Oh boy want me to overly generalize another MMO?
>>
>>382234501
What genre is it then according to you?
>>
>>382235145
Yes but why FF XIV if he doesn't even play the game, he couldn't care less about what you said about it. I still don't get it
>>
>>382235148
Guild Wars?

It's an RPG. An RPG you can play online.
>>
>>382235002
It's too bad BnS is dead.
>>
>>382235240
>a rpg you can play online
>mmorpg are rpg you can play online
Really make you think...
>>
>>382235334
Yeah, NA publisher didn't know how to handle it.

I still watch tournies from Korea from time to time though - always some CUHRAZY shit going on there. Hopefully we get another MMO with amazing PvP soon.
>>
If MMO then gots to GO
>>
>>382235224
Gotta make sure to shil- I mean, defend your favourite MMO for free by deflecting to the most popular one on the market!
>>
>>382235348
>A square is a rectangle
>A rectangle is not necessarily a square
Really make you think...
>>
>>382235224
Because he hasn't played BDO either. Please read the thread before posting.
>>
>>382235665
>Anyone who criticizes BDO hasn't played it
I can't wait for these shill threads to die off.
>>
FEMALE STRIKER WHEN?
>>
Got bored after 2 weekend then went back to xiv
>>
>>382235665
It still doesn't make sense. How criticizing a game he knows nothing about will counter his arguments against a game he knows a minimum even without even playing it ? Shouldn't you counter his arguments instead of focusing on another game he doesn't have a clue of ?
>>
>>382235334
if they had added a bigger pve scene i feel like it would've taken off
>>
>>382235824
What? Please read his post, he said:
>The funnest thing to do in BDO, according to fanboys here, are:
Implying that he hadn't played the game and is going by what other have said in the thread.

Then says
>Am I missing something?
Further alluding that he is looking for information about the game.

I have no issues with XIV. It's the best WoW-clone on the market.
>>
File: fist builds.gif (14KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
fist builds.gif
14KB, 266x400px
I'll give it a try when Striker is more fleshed out and not considered trash.
>>
Is this game only popular on steam because summit1g is playing it?
>>
>>382235950
His arguments have been countered multiple times throughout the thread. There's no point in constantly replying with the same information.

I was pointing out that his argument is flawed because it's 100% biased and can be applied to any MMO in existence using XIV as an example.

Why am I explaining this to you. Are you that autistic that you couldn't comprehend this by reading? Is English not your first language?
>>
>>382236035
E3 advertisement and sale. This causes a chain reaction of streamers to also advertise it.
>>
>>382221705
this

really showcases the pathetic state of the MMO industry
>>
>>382236028
They just got their awakening and aren't considered trash at all.

All the big streamers in great PvP guilds are saying they seem strong in node wars.

>>382236035
It JUST got a Steam release. Summit playing it definitely is helping the sales though.

>>
>>382220973
It's okay. Poorly optimised. Just auto travel to your next quest and sleep.
>>
>>382236091
But if you're discussing about cars for example, and someone is gonna tell you that a certain brand has certain flaws, you're gonna say "yeah but this brand has these flaws anon !", do you understand ? I know it can be complex for you to understand, it's okay.
Beside, the people who tried to counter arguments in this thread only said "You didn't play the game" or "It's not the case because my experience is like this", si it's not really a debate.

I'm sorry if you have hard times to get what I say, I'm assuming I talk to someone adult, but maybe you're still in highschool, I can make my explanations simpler if you want !
>>
>>382224739
Was it worth more than a hamburger and fries to you? I'm still debating this myself.
>>
Hmmm, should I listen to the dozens of anons saying the same thing about this turd, and my experience with Korean mmos in general? Or should I listen to the one anon relentlessly defending the game and acting extremely hostile to any detractors because he has to justify to himself the hundreds of hours he spent playing this piece of crap.

Hmmm, such a tough choice.
>>
>>382236429
You don't seem to understand. Again, I don't think you read my post or his.

The issue wasn't that he was pointing out flaws, he was greatly exaggerating things that aren't even flaws to the point that they were simply lies.

>people who tried to counter arguments in this thread only said "You didn't play the game" or "It's not the case because my experience is like this"
see
>>382224770
>>382225075
>>382225783
>>382226163
>>382227268
>>382227798
>>382228482
>>382229124
All of these posts present facts along with proof with sources. There is not opinions stated. Simply facts.

Just because you didn't read the thread, doesn't mean the posts you didn't read don't exist.
>>
>>382236617
>Hmmm, should I listen to the the one anon relentlessly shitting on the game he hasn't played and acting extremely hostile to any detractors? Or should I listen to dozens of anons providing facts and links to discuss the game?

>Hmmm, such a tough choice.
>>
>>382236734
But all these posts are blatant shilling and don't defend anything. I hardly see any arguments in there, everything said is very subjective. Objectively, it's still very grindy, so if you don't like to grind and pvp, you shouldn't play this game am I right ?
>>
>>382236901
>implying there's more than 2 anons defending this crap, especially the one who repeat "YOU DIDNT PLAY THE GAME DID YOU" like a parrot since the beginning of this thread
>>
>>382236901
>dozens of anons
>literally two guys defending it
lmao
>>
>>382236948
I can't MAKE you read the posts. That's on you.

>But all these posts are blatant shilling and don't defend anything
You actually need to read them to see that is not the case.

>I hardly see any arguments in there
You haven't read any yet, then. Which would make sense based on how quickly you responded to shitpost.

> everything said is very subjective.
Please post the subjective parts.

>Objectively, it's still very grindy,
Yes. As are all MMOs in existence.

>so if you don't like to grind and pvp, you shouldn't play this game am I right ?
Absolutely. This game is definitely a PvP game. If you don't like PvP do not play. Grinding is in all MMOs. This game has grinding because it is an MMO.
>>
>>382236901
>im-FUCKING-plying
We all know it's like one or two guys defending this shit. Why the fuck are you lying? Do you have some sort of stake in this game? Are you one of the devs? Like what the fuck? It's a pretty looking, mediocre Korean grind fest. They're a dime a fucking dozen bro. Nothing special about this one. It won't be missed when it inevitably dies and the devs laugh all the way to the bank until they release the exact same shit 6 months later but with a different title. The only people who will miss this piece of shit are autists like you who spent thousands of hours essentially acting like a dog chasing a school bus.
>>
>me and a friend rolled kuno and ninja
>all we do is blow people up at sausans/pirates
>if they bring there guild we go invisible and shadowstep away and repeat when they leave
prob the most fun ive had in awhile desu
>>
>>382236901
It's sad because earlier I told him that I'm legit interested for the 8 buck price tag, but he keeps being the only one to entertain the trolls and making the game look worse by doing so. Anon, just talk about the game, they're trying to fuck with you and you're letting them, why are you this easy to manipulate?
>>
File: 1469129999219.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1469129999219.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>gender locked classes
>>
>>382237551
Then just play the game
>>
>>382237240
The grinding in popular mmo such as FFXIV or WoW is far lighter and actually doable while having a job than BDO. So I'd say if someone want to play an MMO without having to play the game every day for hours he shouldn't go for BDO.
>>
>>382237506
How do you handle all that karma loss?
>>
>>382237648
Not if you want to do the "real" end-game content.

Enjoy spamming extreme/savage versions all day in XIV. Enjoy split raiding in WoW all day. Both of these games have intense grinding.
>>
>>382237606
Oh fuck you is there really gender locked classes? How many?
>>
>>382237838
>How many?
all of them
>>
>>382237838
2-3 have equivalents on both male and female sides with minor differences.

Of the top of my head I can think of:
Ninja / Kuno
Musa / Maehwa
Wizard / Witch

That may be all of them.

Striker which was just released has a female version in the works as well.
>>
>>382237834
Actually no, I have friends with a gf and job who could do end-game without grinding endlessly.
Same for FF XIV.
I don't think you did go to the endgame of both these games did you ?
>>
File: 1461091332001.jpg (17KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461091332001.jpg
17KB, 375x360px
>>382237606
You're not getting free shit pretending you're a girl since there's no player to player trading anyways.
Glad the based devs protect the game from gold sellers so strictly, not every dev does so much for its community.
>>
>>382238083
Actually, yes.

You may have done the "fake" end-game. The easy mode normal modes in XIV or the LFR/Normal modes in WoW.

I did Mythic in WoW and Savage in XIV at release of both. So yes, I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>382221701
What? I play on EU and I see almost always english people, occasionally germans, portuguese, polish, but never russians. Wtf you on about?
>>
>>382220973
Refunded it after 1 hour. Character creation is the only impressive thing about it
>>
>>382238181
you can gift pearls tho
>>
>>382238374
I'm guessing he's from baltics and they're blocked from playing in European servers.
>>
>>382238232
Huuh my friend did Alexander savage (I play with him), the grinding is nothing comparable to BDO. Playing endgame in FF XIV is maybe grindy (and not that much), but in BDO to even ACCESS to endgame content you have to grind 5x more.
Actual WoW is not grindy at all, don't lie.
>>
>>382220973
All Korean games are fucking shit.
>>
I really want to play it, but I'm worried about the anticheat software they use. Does it really scan your computer?
>>
>It's a one guy makes the same thread every day to shill his game when it already flopped episode

Can't say I'm surprised though considering mods leave up 24/7 FEH and P5 threads.
>>
>>382238029
Oh so is there really any reason to trip about it? like you say it's a minor difference, but they're just as effective or does one usually wind up superior enough to not play the other?
>>
>>382238769
It's a fucking meme to be scared of it. While you're running the game, yes it is active. Yes, it is viewing the processes you are running. That's what it was build to do. Just like every other anti-cheat software ever used for online games.
>>
>>382238769
Yes. It's basically a hardcode malware rootkit that embeds itself deep into your registry and stays there forever. Only way to get rid of it is to manually go into your entries and excise it.

However it doesn't run when BDO is off. When BDO is running it sends data back to a weird chinese server. Up to you whether or not you trust it.
>>
File: 417474036453.jpg (79KB, 675x485px) Image search: [Google]
417474036453.jpg
79KB, 675x485px
>>382238769
>>
>>382238874
Not sure about Ninja vs Kuno.

Musa vs Maehwa. Musa is much more AE oriented. It grinds much better. Maehwa is more single target focused with burst. "Better" for PvP in different circumstances.

Wizard and Witch are both AE monsters. They both grind well and PvP well.

So there are differences, but they are the same archetype.
>>
>>382238769
>Does it really scan your computer?
Yes it's malware and you should hope it keeps running while only BDO is open.
>>
>>382238769
>>382238874
>>382238971
This is also true that it takes an extra step to uninstall.
>>
>>382237838
there's also an energy system not unlike crappy Facebook games
>>
File: 942432175434.jpg (18KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
942432175434.jpg
18KB, 409x393px
>>382239153
i cant believe people still fall for this
>>
>>382226757
it could've been the best MMO of all time but Trion ruined it

painfuly p2w, it hurts and please don't remind us ever again
>>
>>382238769
Of course it does. All east-asian cheat detectors are insanely intrusive and hard to get rid of.

But if you're the type who has to ask it clearly doesn't matter since you're already giving all your data to Google and Microsoft.
>>
What's the endgame like? Is the PvP "meaningful"?

Got a great new PC and my younger brother migh play it with me in a month or so.
>>
>>382239247
Uninstalling BDO and deleting the folder doesn't get rid of it though. It marks itself as hidden under essential windows folders and embeds itself in the registry.

It's not hard to get rid of, it's just if you aren't aware of it it'll stay on your computer forever.
>>
>>382220973
I spent 600 hours in it and it is very, very awful.
Never play Korean grindfests. NEVER.
>>
>>382239356
Endgame is AFKing for money, grinding for money, or trading for money so you can buy copies of your gear and blow them up via slot machine mechanics.

PvP is ass (or fun if you pick an overpowered class), see: >>382232839
>>
>>382238874
he forgot to mention that Berskers (giants) and Warriors are strictly male
>>
>>382239356
The end-game is based around node-wars and siege wars. Basically the entire map is made up of "Nodes' which are representations of a specific area on the map.

Guilds battle to take control of them, then gather silver off of them.

http://blackdesert.wikia.com/wiki/Node_Wars
This covers both node wars and siege wars.
>>
I just want a tank and spank dungeon crawler, with 3 different roles and barely any User Interface. I want to explore a dark dungeon and enjy the combat aninmaitons, not play some UI with explosions going on in the background and everyone just spamming buttons.
>>
>>382239523
That's because he didn't ask about them.
>>
>>382239589
Play any WoW-clone, hide your UI or minimize it and set your gamma to -50.
>>
I'm having fun. finished using my 200% exp bonus early in the morning to avoid the crowd and now I'm fishing while browsing the internet on my 2nd monitor. I should get into creating a worker empire for more farmville afk cash but it sounds boring to do.
>>
>>382239543
Sounds fun, I was looking for something along the lines of Ragnarok Online's War of Emperium or EvE Online's system occupation.

Is it sufficiently dynamic, meaning they constantly change hands and are not just sat on by top guilds?
How are the rewards? Just monetary, or unique like exclusive access to features&content?
>>
>>382239589
ffxiv is p gud
>>
>>382239826
It really pays off.

At the least you should, if you haven't already, set up a long string of nodes so you can make use fo the distance bonus at traders.

After that I'd pick up or build a boat and start fishing hotspots along the cost (Also needs to connect nodes)

You'll make a pretty penny doing that, even without master 2 trading buff.
>>
>>382239978
PvP is gear based so the nodes are just rotated in and out by the top guilds with the most geared and overleveled players.

You can aim for smaller pickings with the nodes they don't bother with.
>>
>>382220973
The viral marketing of this game on /v/ is getting out of hand. Do we need a thread like this every couple hours?
>>
>>382239978
There are different "tiers" of nodes. So yes, the lower tier nodes change hands a lot. The higher tier nodes and the "siege wars" are usually controlled by the higher guilds as is natural.

>How are the rewards
As far as I know it's just money. There may be some tax benefits if it's a city. I'm not actually sure. The game entirely revolves around money though. It fuels your gear, lifeskills, etc.
>>
>>382240108
>PvP is gear based so the nodes are just rotated in and out by the top guilds with the most geared and overleveled players.
Aww, that sucks.
>You can aim for smaller pickings with the nodes they don't bother with.
Something at least.
>>
>>382240108
>>382240228
What he said is true, but it's not nearly as negative as it sounds. There are new guilds coming up as the game is still relatively young.
>>
>>382240223
>>382240353
Is it true that you can get to the "high level" range where you can start preparing for endgame content relatively quickly?
>>
>>382240514
I'll go by my own experience.

Guild start inviting you once you're around 400 gearscore minimum. This is calculated by adding your awakening AP & DP (Don't worry about the specifics on these yet) and maybe level ~58.

This will take you about ~1.5 months to achieve if you're actively farming and making money.

I'm not sure if that is quickly in your mind, but for me it wasn't so bad as the game takes quite a while to learn all the intricacies.
>>
>>382240807
Fits the summer break well enough.
Thanks anon.
>>
is this one of those single player games that presents itself as an MMO?

is there group content?
>>
>>382241115
its a single player game
>>
>>382240353
That doesn't change what I said. Unless you whale or play 24/7 you will always be stuck with leftover unwanted nodes with no hope of competing against the big bois.

I know this is a shill thread, but don't give him the wrong impression.
>>
>>382239227
But as I understand from earlier in the thread alts make that much easier and it's super alt friendly... I'm an alt whore in most games I play if it's something they encourage, is it tough to manage more than a couple or is it hit level 56 for the bonuses and then drop them unless it's something for fun
>>
>>382241169
until someone who has good gear comes along and 1 hits you because you're in his fav grinding area
>>
>>382240063
>Anonymous 06/29/17(Thu)10:06:19 No.382240
Can you do all that afk? Meaning I can set some shit up and then head to work for the day?
>>
>>382241550
You can't do hotspot fishing, but you could connect nodes out to like the Ross Sea for example and AFK fish there (higher chance of yellow fish & relics). Come back from work and then trade them as far away from the Ross Sea as you can (that's still connected via nodes).
>>
>>382241183
Honesttly, it's the same in EVE, but the thing is the universe there is so big, that there's plenty of fun for non no-livers to be had, waging wars in less significant areas or in wormhole space. If it's the same in BDO it can still be fun. Or do the big guilds cockblock you out of all the content because there's such a limited amount of nodes or whatever they are called to fight over?
>>
How far did everyone reach before they quit? I hit 300gs and lvl 58 before I decided I had enough. The stacking system and boss drop system was the most frustrating thing, and catching up to people who play day and night was impossible
>>
>>382242805
I got to 56 and sat on it for a few weeks while raking in a similar 300 GS and sitting on ~500 mil before realizing I would never want to progress further because grinding is boring as fuck and hurts my fingers too much.
>>
>>382242805
>>382242918
You both got further than most Steam WoW-babbys would, good on you.
56 is pretty weak though. You didn't even hit the main grinding yet!
>>
What was that earlier about someone saying you could hit 56 in like 8 or 9 hours?
>>
>>382243434
You can do it really fast, with exp boosters and end game gear. For first time players, its a really bad idea, as you would miss quests that give skill points, energy points, and contribution points
>>
>>382243434
sounds about right
iirc some dude hit 56 in 6 hours or so
>>
>>382243253
Hell, I was doing bosses every time they spawned with a witch alt.
That was probably the main cause of burnout for me.
>>
>>382220973
you make 20% less on the market unless you buy a value pack every month for $15
99% of cosmetic shit is on the cash shop. shit as basic as outfits cost ~$30
you need to buy at least $60 of pay for convenience items to make they game playable
late game is a grind and you will never catch up to long-time players because of infinite progression

it looks good, but that's just to draw you in. save your $7.
>>
Is this the game that installs spyware on your computer?
>>
>>382243434
That sounds about right. You'd probably need +15 gear though.
>>
>>382243752
see
>>382238769
>>
File: 2017-06-29_444816390.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-29_444816390.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
Well,just made my Character and heres hoping that it will be good
>>
>>382243873
>emo lipstick
big mistake
>>
>>382243873
What class is that? Dark Knight? If so, good choice. They're beasts right now.
>>
File: 675.jpg (37KB, 600x626px) Image search: [Google]
675.jpg
37KB, 600x626px
>>382243837
Fuck dat shit nigga I'm out.
>>
The fact that there isn't even the classic "It gets good at endgame!" argument to be made is a testament to how empty this game really is.

If they revamped the PVE stuff an insane amount it could be GOAT for an MMO.
>>
>>382243873
you can make elves? are there multiple races?
>>
File: 2017-06-29_444843340.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-29_444843340.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>382243952
emo lipstick? just took makeup that would accentuate the eyes and all, not really a fan of these overdone emo makeups
>>
I want to play an MMO today. What isn't pay to win? I'll try whatever.
>>
>>382244324
>emo

my generation ruined this definition, I am so ashamed. To everyone born before 1985. I'm sorry, I am so god damn sorry.
>>
Can someone reasonable tell me if this game is decent?
Pros and cons.
>>
>>382244460
>>382243732
>>
>>382244230
for me, it got worse. the whole learning experience up until 50s was great
>>
File: 2017-06-29_444865257.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-29_444865257.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
>>382244418
desu im born in the 90s so its all good,
and nah,no other races i think, atleast i didnt see it,i made the ears like that^^
>>
>>382244324
it detracts from the eyes
also use less eye makeup
jesus
>>
>>382244562
Well... fuck...
>>
>>382244739
Anon I doubt he's gonna care, he's gonna be jacking it to his character repeatedly
>>
>>382220973
Played the 7-day trial, I actually like it so far
>>
>>382244338
eve online
>>
File: 2017-06-29_444862790.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-29_444862790.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>>382244854
nah not that desperate mate,also the makeup is at 30 percent,and if you guys think thats too much makeup,i doubt you guys are out often
>>
>>382245305
Yeah, I go out often. But I don't hang with emo children who overuse their dark makeup.
>>
>>382226757
>>382239248
It's fucking amazing, and was really good the first two months. Then it became apparent that they were going to make it fully pay to win, like they didn't even hide it, they just kept making these items that you needed to progress. It was awful, avoid this game but know it's the best mmo since Ultima and I'm serious.
>>
>>382227376
runescape is the last mmo i can remember playing with school friends and family instead of just random internet people
>>
File: 1482384116046.jpg (92KB, 713x713px) Image search: [Google]
1482384116046.jpg
92KB, 713x713px
Why do people that hate MMOs always flood the MMO threads on /v/?
>>
>ctrl+f "grind"
Yep
Thread posts: 453
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.