[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inquisition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: inquisition.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
inquisition.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Is DA inquisition worth the time to play it? Just finished HoS and I'm wondering if DA could be a good experience,
>>
no, its an offline mmo with a mediocre at best storyline and terrible companions
>>
>>382220391
Play DA Origins and the Awakening expansion, forget about DAII and anything relased after it, it's just like this Anon here said >>382220464
>>
>>382220391
I'm playing through all 3 of the games right now, and Inquisition is by far the worst of the 3. It is utter garbage.
DA:O > DA2 >>> shit >>> DA:I
>>
>>382221901
I would say it's slightly better 2, but that's not an achievement to be proud of, for me:
DA: Awakening > DA:O > DA:O 1 hour DLC adventures > shit> DA:I > DA2
Did not even bother to play any other DLC released after the turdfest that was Legacy, fuck nu-bioware
>>
>>382222389
They where actually good, but more in the sense of a golden sprayed turd.
>>
>>382222592
Guess I didn't miss anything then
>>
>>382220391
What's HoS?

Inquisition is really repetitive and pretty dull overall, but if you're looking for a vanilla fantasy RPG it could work for you.
>>
>>382222736
Not OP, but I guess it's Hearts of Stone
>>
>>382223051

This.

I was playing Witcher 3 and I'm was wandering which RPG to play next. Seems DA is a bad choice, though I already have it.
>>
>>382223367
DA:O is a good choice like I and the other Anon said above, just forget or ignore the abominations released after it
>>
>>382222389
Have you played DA2 or are you just parroting what other people on /v/ are saying? DA2 is by no means a GOTY and it obviously has its flaws, but it is a good game. It improved on some DA:O parts, like making combat a bit better and more entertaining. It is less clunky now and you can actually rely on AI tactics to do stuff. Removal of tactical view was a downside, but the game was fine without it. DA2 world is also more alive. NPCs actually react to your decisions in some other quest, which you can't really say about DA:O, where every quest was isolated from the rest of the world.
Now DA:I is complete garbage. The reintroduced tactical view is shit. You cannot just click on another character to issue commands, you have to switch to tactical view to do it. If say an enemy is on an elevation, you cannot target it in tactical view. You have to find a ramp to be able to "walk" you cursor there. They also tried to make the combat more like that of an action game, which is stupid as fuck, if you are trying to reintroduce tactics. The need to manually face the enemy and down mouse 1 to attack is retarded.
There are many more flaws in DA:I that I do not feel like listing right now. I haven't played the DLCs for it yet, but I doubt they would change core mechanics of the game.
>>
>>382222389
DA:I is only worth playing because of the DLC, you cuck.
>>
>>382220391
Mmm I love Cassandra. Tough on the outside but she just wants to have passionate heterosexual love. Best girl in Inquisition by far.

Morrigan is best girl in the whole series though.
>>
>>382223737

OP here.

I know its an unpopular opinion but I rather enjoyed DA 2 too x)
>>
>>382223737
>Have you played DA2 or are you just parroting what other people on /v/ are saying?
The same can be said for you, I played that shit in 2011/2012, beat it twice and Legacy once, here are my mainproblems:
>Build Variety
There's less, since there weapons are class restricted, for example, my Dual-wielding Spirit Warrior Berserk build was impossible to achieve on that game. Also, less specialization options.
>Combat
Simplified with less viable options, consequence of the dumbed down character building system I said previously
>Interface and art
Went to the flat-design mainstream tendency that began around that time, while it looks good for a modern or sci-f setting game, it looks like utter shit for a medieval fantasy
>Story focus
Dude, let's get all your decisions and plot points from the previous game and make them only relevant in the background lore!
>Companion interaction
Now I can only talk to them when the game wants me to, oh boy
>Maps
Reused maps EVERYWHERE, there's no problem in reusing assets, but reusing a whole map without changing anything under another context is utter shit
>Anders
DUDE, LET'S GET THAT NICE CHARACTER FROM THE EXPANSION OF THE FIRST GAME, PUT HIM IN THE SECOND, AND TOTALLY IGNORE THE PERSONALITY PREVIOUSLY ESTABLISHED, LMAO
I can talk more if you want ;)
>>
>>382223870
Wow, I desagree with him, I'll call him a cuck, that will surely btfo him ;)
>>
>>382223870
Since the core and fundamentals of the game are shit, no DLC can save it, stop being a biocuck
>>
>>382221901
>>382222389
The thing is, your mileage with DA2 vs. DA:I is dependent on how you like the companions.

If you can stomach edgylord mcgrimdark and tween o'sparkle more than Tumblina Randomson and Magic the Fay that sort of determines your rating of DA2 versus DA:I

>>382220391
Personally, I didn't mind either game that much. They weren't great, but they weren't wastes of time, just steps back from Origins. Then again, I paid less than 25 dollars CAD for each of them, so I don't have regrets at that price point.
>>
>>382224737
I played DA2 when it came out and also finished it a few days ago.

>Build Variety
Agree.

>Combat
I'd say combat was changed, not simplified. They are different, and I enjoy both of them.

>Interface and art
This is purely subjective.
What other games use this art style?

>Story focus
Story of DA2 is not really related to DA:O. The only think in common is the world.
You have to understand that there is only so much they can do in DA2 with your decisions in DA:O, without wasting a lot of time and money on content that large majority of people will never see. Game was rushed as it is.

>Companion interaction
While it was less than DA:O, but it's not like it was that much different. All you could do was listen to Lelianas bard tales, everything else was based on opinion and story.

>Maps
It was pretty lazy, I agree. But there was enough variety that it is not that noticeable. Besides, you revisit location quite often.

>Anders
His personality changes because he is fused with Justice. He says multiple times, that there is no Justice anymore, they are one now.
>>
>>382220391

DA3 fucking sucks!!!!
>>
>>382220391
The trick is to go in with extremely low expectations. Then it becomes... okay, sort of.
>>
>>382226159
Since the points we don't agree are mostly subjective, there really isn't much I can say. I know you are right on the Anders part tho, I just hate what they did to him
>>
It at least has good story/ is nicely written?
>>
>>382220391

>I'm wondering if DA could be a good experience
Yes, Dragon Age Origins is. 2 is bullshit but some like it for the gameplay.
Inquisition is a meh game. Not bad but it won't be a very memorable experience. It's a good wallpaper simulator though.
>>
>>382223737
>DA2 is a good game

>removed the possibility of having dialogue with your companions any time you wanted
>removed customization of your companions armor and weapons
>removed almost half of the skills from the previous game
>can't even interact with NPCs from the world map anymore
>a map so linear that would put even Final Fantasy XIII to shame
>introduced the dialogue wheel, with ended up butchering all the ambiguity of the narrative
>the graphics and animations where even worst than the ones in DA:O, thanks to a bigger focus in developing the game for consoles

I'm sorry anon, but you must set your standards two floors below hell, in order to call DA2 a good game.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.