[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zombie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: zombies.jpg (226KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
zombies.jpg
226KB, 616x347px
>how zombie games should be;
>continuously under threat, moments of respite are extremely rare, every moment is spent either fighting or running, letting your guard down for a single moment can mean death

>how zombie games are
>fuckhuge open world, 99% empty with most your time spent moving around freely, 1% of your time is spent fighting zombies, no real threat and even if you fuck up you have ample time and opportunity to recover

Why cant anyone do zombies right?

Also; post which zombie game you think is the best
>>
>>382217464
Project Zomboid = best
>>
>>382217464
cataclysm DDA can do both with the right settings, if you can stand roguelikes.
>>
>how zombie games should be:
>cute anime zombie girls dating sim
>>
>>382217464
Zombie games don't work like your first example because zombies just aren't enough of a threat for that to work. They're slow, they're easy to kill, and they're pretty easy to get away from, even if they somehow surprise you.
>>
>>382217592
I'd play it.
>>
>>382217464

I really enjoyed Dying Light, especially during the night time.
>>
File: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (75KB, 333x472px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
75KB, 333x472px
REmake has yet to be surpassed, to be honest.

>>382217592
I'm kind of astonished that this hasn't been done yet.
>>
>>382217639
>model proper body
>can only die to actual hits to the brain (not just a headshot)
>body damage is accurate, so if you hit the lower spin they lose their legs, can damage limbs to make them less effective
You can make zombies as hard or as easy as you want. But every game treats zombies like an arcade experience rather than a survival one.
>>
What's /v/'s favorite type of zombobwe?
>>
The only good zombie game I've played is Dead Frontier, a ten year old browser pseudo-mmo.
>>
>>382217729
All of them can be done right. Except spongy zombies which take forever to kill.

The massive almost hivemind mass of bodies (like WWZ) is pretty cool. But so is a more smaller scale smarter/tougher zombie invasion.
>>
Left 4 Dead was the best coop experince I had ever. Bittersweet memories.
>>
>>382217464
>>how zombie games should be
If you get bit, that character is dead. If you're scratched, they're probably dead.
Also this >>382217592
>>
>>382217872
>If you get bit, that character is dead. If you're scratched, they're probably dead.
This is a lot of fun in project zomboid

>playing on server
>get purposely infected
>get inside some peoples compound
>start mass infection
>>
>>382217464
State of decay was pretty good, in the, you are always in danger, aspect.
>>
>>382217818
>The massive almost hivemind mass of bodies (like WWZ) is pretty cool
I hated the zombies flowing like water in the movie and wasn't impressed with it in that first gameplay video of that sony exclusive. Shit looked cool, but it was a moving mass of zombies filling up 3/4s of the screen and they each dropped with one hit to fucking anywhere. Shoot one in the big toe and it died. You'd have to work hard not to kill them, it's just aim in general direction of most of what you can see and you succeed.
>>
>>382217729
Stalker snorks are spooky as fucking shit with their attack and movement animations. And that sound they make gives me fucking nightmares.

>stuck in an anomaly infested cave with snorks
Nopenopenopenopenope
>>
>>382218135
>Shoot one in the big toe and it died. You'd have to work hard not to kill them, it's just aim in general direction of most of what you can see and you succeed.
I think it would play best in a more military style zombie game, where you had a large squad or even army fighting a wave of zombies. But yeah its a bit silly where 1 guy fights this giant mass of bodies and kills hundreds with a single mag.
>>
>yfw it looks fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PU3Q-glNg
>>
File: 1496661509894.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496661509894.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
I like the idea of zombie games but not a single one was good so far, and we've had dozens of t hem already
>>
I'd rather the classic approach. Small, tight spaces with slow, but durable zombies to either take out or avoid.
>>
File: it ain't over.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
it ain't over.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>382217729
See >>382217706. It's not just the Crimson Heads, it's the fact that any normal zombie you don't decapitate or burn can potentially turn into one later on and you can never be certain when it'll happen.
>>
>>382218317
Maybe I guess. It just really turned me off of the sony game, I can't for the life of me remember the name, it's something like the world after but not that. I just fucking burst out laughing when I saw that it looked so bad.
>>
>>382218927
Days gone
>>
>>382217464
>continuously under threat, moments of respite are extremely rare, every moment is spent either fighting or running, letting your guard down for a single moment can mean death
So, L4D is an ideal zombie apocalypse game?
>>
>>382219053
>L4D is an ideal zombie apocalypse game?
>letting your guard down for a single moment can mean death
El oh el. L4d is casual as all shit.
>>
>>382218705
Glitch?
>>
>>382219004
Yeah that's it, thanks. Shit just looks silly as fuck to me and kind of matches what the buzzword casualized is meant to mean.
>>
>>382219152
shitter who only plays on normal difficulty detected
>>
>>382219264
Nope, nice try faggot
>>
state of decay is the best zombie game ive played its rough around the edges but hot damn its a fun game. project zomboid is a close second
>>
>>382217521
fpbp
/thread
>>
>>382219203
Yeah, there's different flags for him standing up, one is running over him and another is picking up that herb, so he can still stand up even if you already killed him in that instance.
>>
>>382217464
State of Decay sorta did this right
>>
>>382217706
Fucking resident evil is the reason I have a fetish for zombies on beautiful women.Thanks....
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.