[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, is he worth buying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

Now that the dust has settled, is he worth buying?
>>
The game sucks.

Go play Diablo 2.
>>
for $15? Hell no. The content that would have made me want to buy the pack was just made free. The character itself sucks, there's no reason to buy it.
>>
I was going to buy it but I recently started playing Grim Dawn and now I have no interest in it.
>>
Fuck Blizzard. Don't support them.
>>
I don't know if I should buy it either. The character looks cool, but I don't know if he's cool enough to justify $15 out of my wallet.
>>
>>382213000
absolutely not
>>
If you buy this you are literally killing games
>>
Not for the price. I'd wait till it's like $5 or something unless you really like Diablo 3. I only have my necro at 50 since I don't have a lot of time to play so I haven't seen its full potential, but I was surprised to find that so many of his skills are nukes and he has few defensive options.
>>
File: 1464228317325.gif (3MB, 800x352px) Image search: [Google]
1464228317325.gif
3MB, 800x352px
>>382213000
>buying

$15?

FOR ONE CHARACTER?
>>
Not really no.

The portraits are still not fixed what the fuck
>>
File: 1495807926328.png (79KB, 216x295px) Image search: [Google]
1495807926328.png
79KB, 216x295px
>>382213000
Anyone who pays money for this scrap of content is contributing to the games industry gradually scalping the customer more and more.

Diablo III has been on terminal stage life support for years and this is ActivisionBlizzard's final attempt to squeeze a few extra bucks from its dried out corpse.
>>
Grim Dawn, a competitor's game, costs twelve bucks. One class made by blizzard costs fifteen.
They need to be reminded that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.
>>
>>382213000
literally F R E E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg
>>
Why would I buy a new character for Diablo 3 when I can just make a new one on Diablo 2?
>>
If you like Diablo you've already bought him, since the game has had no content for a long time. $15 is nothing for a game you enjoy after 3 years (since Reaper of Souls).

We have two types of people with the Necromancer incident, There's D2 nostalgia fags like this guy who will criticize the game every chance they have, regardless of what's being discussed: >>382213123

And then there's people like these retards, who have never given a shit about "consumer rights" and suddenly act like we must save the gaming industry by rejecting terrible business pratices like a $15 DLC, when there's all these games in 2017 is doing skins, loot boxes, season passes, F2P models that force your hand to spend money: >>382213547 >>382214428

The real expectation is for consumers to be worth not $60, but $100 these days, with some random people worth hundreds and maybe thousands of dollars, depending on how much time they pour into the game. This hobby is plagued with this kinda shit and honestly the real reason everyone is all pissy over this is because they are mad at Blizzard for their rip-off tactics in their other games and are now taking it out on the content-starved game that has been almost abandoned.

Stay mad. I played Diablo 2 back in the day (+ LoD eventually) and had fun. Now I'm playing Diablo 3 on and off since release, avoiding the times where it was at it's roughest and enjoying it when there's new shit. I paid $15 (which honestly if you have half a brain is the amount of money you should be making per HOUR) for this, am enjoying it with my boyfriend and will continue to do so for probably another 30 hours. Then I'll move on because I'm not an autist who wants "true endgame progression like path of exile" and grind thousands of hours of worthless shit.

That is all. Inb4 "Blizz Shill", I haven't played anything Blizzard related but Diablo and some Starcraft 2 in a long time.
>>
>>382215456
>enjoying it with my boyfriend
Why on earth would you say this?
>>
>>382215524
Not sure what you mean. Just a little note that I'm playing it with someone else. We both got Necros of different genders to see how/if it changes the campaign.
>>
>>382215456

please just fuck yourself

this is stupid on so many levels
>>
File: 1375126161948.gif (2MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1375126161948.gif
2MB, 400x226px
>>382213000
>>
>>382216025
Then tell me why. I'd love to know what is wrong with anything I said. I understand it may be too pricy for the content you get, all I'm saying is if you like the game, it's still worth it.

I'd love to see anyone explain why this is so terrible without ignoring the far, far worse business practices in the industry, putting on the nostalgia glasses over how D3 isnt D2 or just attacking Blizzard for other things.
>>
About to pick up Grim Dawn because I've exhausted Torchlight, Diablo 3, and Path of Exile. Anyone have any basic tips for a beginner? I don't want an OP build or anything, just a couple general guidelines.
>>
I went in expecting disappointment but its actually a fucking blast to play.

7 skellies and endless corpse explosions just chaining together endlessly. I just wish there was a more exciting primary skill than the ones we have. Flesh Golem makes nice squishy noises.

I was one of the original backers of Grim Dawn don't front me you shits.
>>
>>382213000
Yea, it's actually fun to play
>>
>>382215456
>And then there's people like these retards, who have never given a shit about "consumer rights" and suddenly act like we must save the gaming industry by rejecting terrible business pratices like a $15 DLC, when there's all these games in 2017 is doing skins, loot boxes, season passes, F2P models that force your hand to spend money

Everyone on /v/ is bitching constantly about these things, not just in D3.

I fail to see your point. Seriously, I don't know what's the point of your post other then to stir shit up.
>>
>>382215695
>pretending not to understand the implication
come now
>>
>>382216265
Try to get all the abilities you want first before maxing them out or at least get the important ones you need to synergize with.

Put all points into physique; you'll get enough of the other stats from gear but you need physique to equip them first.
>>
eh, he feels exactly like the witch doctor.

I haven't gotten any sets yet though.
>>
File: 2017-05-03_0050_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-03_0050_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>we want Witcher audience
>>
>>382216426
I agree. People should take a stance against these things. I just feel like there's much bigger fish to go after right now, my point is these "consumer rights" crusaders are overreacting over a very minor point. The days where it seemed unrealistic to pay $15 for not much content seem to be long, long gone.

>>382216495
No really. I'm not sure. Just replace boyfriend with friend and it shouldn't change the meaning of what I said much. I'm going through it with someone else which helps a lot. Sharing our discoveries on what skills work/what doesn't, items we drop and such.

Also for all the people who hate on Diablo 3 because it's far from the greatness that was Diablo 2. You are right. I believe D2 to be the better game, but I enjoy D3 for different reasons. If you are looking for a better sequel, try Grim Dawn. That's even getting a Necro of it's own on the next expansion soonish. I'll check that when it comes out too.
>>
>>382213173
>>382214232
Y-you guys are kidding right? I can't be 15 didgeridoos for just a character right? It's gotta have content and shit right?
>>
>>382217003
If you are australian its 22 dorrars which is offensive
>>
>>382215456
nobody cares you faggot Blizzcuck.
>>
>>382216867
you're implying that you're someone's girlfriend in a boy's club, giving morons the hope that they can talk to a real girl on their home turf, derailing discussion

this wouldn't have been a discussion point if you had maintained anonymity
>>
>>382217431

Oh, I see what you mean now. Well there's a very easy way to fix that and make a point that I never intended for it to mean anything: I said he was my boyfriend, but I never stated my own gender because people seem to be very sensitive to "gays trying to convert everyone by exposing their faggotry" these days. Get it now?
>>
>>382217431
the only one discussing it is you, sperg
>>
Only faggots play Diablo 3
>>
>updated witch doctor
>15 dollaroooskis

lmao, don't be a goy, just go buy grim dawn
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.