[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop feeling like a piece of shit when I play these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_2979.jpg (89KB, 670x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2979.jpg
89KB, 670x366px
How do I stop feeling like a piece of shit when I play these games?

I genuinely enjoy them and all that they stand for, but, growing up in a family of normies, I can't help but feel like a loser playing these otaku-pandering games. I am serious. How do I suppress these feelings and let myself enjoy these games?
>>
>>382212351
Just tell yourself that you're enjoying them ironically.
>>
File: shigeruhistory.jpg (32KB, 441x580px) Image search: [Google]
shigeruhistory.jpg
32KB, 441x580px
Play whatever you like and just give no fucks. Live your life the way you want to and don't let negative comments on the internet influence your fun.
>>
>>382212351
>How do I suppress these feelings and let myself enjoy these games?
stop seeing them or talking to them
>>
>>382212351
Keep in mind playing ANY games after 18 is considered absolutely detestable in most of the world so it doesn't matter if it's a super cinematic experience extravaganza or something silly like Neptunia.
>>
>>382212790
What dumb country do you live in?
>>
>>382212856
Central Europe.

>But which one?
They're all the same in that regard.
>>
When's 4GO coming to the US?
>>
>>382212918
Oh you're not in one of the Fifa counties then
>>
Nep games are probably the definition of shovelware kusoge and you should feel bad for playing them.
HOWEVER what you do on your time is your business, so long as you aren't one of the fuckers making those "look at this Nep" threads or "post characters who are lit you" threads, it's no big deal.
>>
>>382212965
winter
>>
File: 53419918_p0.jpg (821KB, 1308x2000px) Image search: [Google]
53419918_p0.jpg
821KB, 1308x2000px
>>382213040
>"post characters who are lit you" thread
I'm pretty sure even the series fans don't like these and don't post there, but I refuse to even click that garbage so what do I know
>>
>>382213041
neat thank you.
>>
File: 005.jpg (311KB, 1200x1688px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
311KB, 1200x1688px
>>
File: 1481329730313.jpg (90KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
1481329730313.jpg
90KB, 500x571px
>>382213040
>so long as you aren't one of the fuckers making those "look at this Nep" threads
Look at this Nep, that I just found.
>>
>>382212351
Stop being a stupid cunt.
>>
>>382212351
Your feelings of self-hatred and shame are natural, just like you feel pain when harmed and hungry when you haven't eaten.

Deep down, you KNOW you're behaving like a cringey pedophile weeaboo permavirgin and thus the feelings of shame. Listen to those feelings, stop playing worthless weebshit, and be a fucking man.
>>
>do thing
>feel like shit and hate yourself
>stop doing thing
>feel okay and good about yourself
Gee, OP, this is a toughie.
>>
>>382212351
You should quit weebshit altogether. Trust me, it's for your own good
>>
>>382212351
Stop trying to justify it. It never works. It won't make you feel better, and it won't change anybody else's mind. The only way to get past the issue is by not thinking about it. Play it if you want to, don't if you don't.
>>
>>382216560
This. Who you are as a person is continually being shaped by your actions, your environment, and what you choose to consume. Consuming weebshit is nothing but a detriment to your personality and lifestyle. There's no such thing as a smart, outgoing, confident, charming, well-adjusted person that has played all the Neptunia and Senran games. Weeb faggots will try to dispute this but they offer no proof. They claim that the media you consume is entirely compartmentalized from who you are as a person, but every single one of them is an introverted, socially awkward virgin, so...

Whatever man. You do you, just saying I agree with everyone saying it's time to drop the weebshit and grow up unless you want to die a friendless kissless virgin.
>>
>>382212351
>how do I eat shit without feeling like I'm a guy who eats shit
Stop eating shit
>>
>>382219085
To be honest, you can just say Neptunia is a game that parodies video games, I see no problem with that. Senran in other way... that is just fan service bullshit, and there is no excuse for playing that.
>>
>>382219402
Tell yourself whatever keeps the gun out of your mouth, buddy, but Nep is just as bad as - if not worse than - Senran.
>>
File: bath time.png (1MB, 948x535px) Image search: [Google]
bath time.png
1MB, 948x535px
Sweet! A Nep thread!
>>
>>382212351
bump
>>
>>382219280
this desu
neppers is junk food
>>
>>382212351
>if you feel something it must be true
The armchair psychologists who hate anime in an anime imageboard in this thread aside...

You are simply influenced by their opinion because they are important people to you.
When you like a person their opinion - no matter how retarded it is - does affect you unconsciously and you also seek their approval.
Sure, in their face you just say "you are just stupid normies" but in the back you suffer feeling less approval from people you like
>>
>>382223137
You can like anime but hate retarded weebshit visual novels.
>>
>>382223137
Also to add...
Feeling bad doesn't mean you agree with their opinions and feel they are true, it's the effect of thinking you are losing said approval.

If they don't even tell you their opinions then it's simply linking "good, successful, happy" with those normies and "bad, alone, sad" with what you are because you are different from them.
Think about when you do a research on internet about a personality trait and they always write about successful people with similar traits - you immediately feel good having such a trait
>>
>>382212351
Stop being an insecure faggot.
>>
File: 1489621816234.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489621816234.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382212351
Literally get a girlfriend, I 100% guarantee that you will loae ALL interest in these kind of games.
>>
>>382212528
Thank you shiggy, you are truly my greatest ally
>>
>>382212351
Stop being insecure would be a start. Playing any video game will brand you as a loser in someones eyes. End of the day it doesn't matter if you're having fun, play what you want.
>>
>>382212351

>How do I stop feeling like a piece of shit when I play these games?
>I genuinely enjoy them
>I can't help but feel like a loser playing these otaku-pandering games

If you genuinely enjoy them you wouldn't feel like shit playing them.
>>
>>382212351
It's literally just a game, bro
It's not like you end up buying overpriced merchandises and being a shut-in because you spend all waking hours playing those shitty-ass kusoge
>>
>>382212351
Friendly advice: Become a normie. Get out of this shithole. Forget the weebshit and enjoy life.
>>
>>382212351
Who gives a fuck what other people think? I will never understand when people are embarrassed for liking things that they want to. Just play what YOU want to without giving two shits what anyone thinks of you.
>>
>>382212528
Based Shiggy
>>
>>382219402
Nep is more shameful than Senran. At least SK has passable gameplay.
>>
>>382212918
Da fuck is (((((central))))) yuropoor????
>>
>>382212351
>How do I suppress these feelings and let myself enjoy these games?
Grow a spine. Seriously.
>>
>>382212351
Just be yourself.
You could be out there doing drugs or gambling all your cash away, but you're just playing weeb games instead.
>>
>>382219085
Not OP. I'm 26. Male. Only had sex with a girl once in my life when I was around 18. Have never had an actual girlfriend. Was molested as a kid. Bullied. Grew up around drug addicts. Patents divorced. I never got a driver's license, I just mooch rides. never actually had a single job. only started going to school cause my mom told me if I wanted to stay with her it was either that or get a job and at least this way I could get some extra money to support my hobbies with the other odd things i do to get out of working. My professors like me, but I don't get along well with classmates cause I'm too awkward or cynical. As a kid, I retreated to a world of big eyed cartoon girls with technicolor hair, mushroom eating plumbers and Japanese RPG's in order to cope and even now I deal with being unlovable by women by having imaginary relationships with cartoon and video game characters who strike me as the ideal woman. I have a cheap membership to the gym so I stay healthy and fairly fit, but in my physique beats the heart of a waifufag sperging who spends way too much time on the internet yelling at other people for being wrong or insulting my favorite female character and calling her a slut. I have a few friends I hang out with, but they're more normal than me and it's hard for them to really understand my rantings and obsessions about various _____ fags on the internet.

I don't play Neptunia cause they didn't seem to get good reviews, but I agree that what you consume is usually a reflection of your personality or shapes it in either subtle or overt ways. And that's fine as long as you understand what you're getting into, why you like it and are willing to accept what you are. I accepted a long time ago that I'm just too damaged and weak of a person and at best I can feign just enough normalcy to awkwardly stumble through life, leeching off others.

Neptunia itself won't make you an otaku weeb permavirgin OP, but maybe you feel the way you do for a reason
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.