[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so my buddy sparks a convo about the FF7 remake. he isnt too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: b06.png (622KB, 1434x680px) Image search: [Google]
b06.png
622KB, 1434x680px
so my buddy sparks a convo about the FF7 remake. he isnt too into gaming and he asked what i thought. i told him it looks like itd be an upgraded crisis core (he at least knew the gameplay of that from me) gameplay wise. which is cool. but i expressed my dread for the character assassination of cloud and friends. cloud got raped by this whole kingdom hearts/advent children/dissidia emo shit. and i feel like its spread to the other members of the cast as well.

as im explaining this people around me tell me im wrong and thats how cloud always was. i played the game multiple times and there are a lot of times where cloud is just a normal dude. he even has the "let's mosey!" catch phrase and acts cocky and tries to be funny at times. these normies tried to tell me that they beat the game too and im wrong. i know when he got the mako poisoning he was pretty fucked up mentally but he got over that and even was chipper about fighting the final battle.

what sort of trickery is going on here? why do people seemingly *WANT* cloud to be some dreary character? i was born in an era of games where the guy with the biggest sword was the most bad ass and it so happens that cloud was that guy at the time. nobody challenged the might of the Buster Sword. ive played the game over and over and i feel like im the only one who feels this way. i know the dialogue in the game. i know it isnt anything like the other FF7 titles and cameos. why did they create him like this? and why do people eat it up and try to argue with me about it? it doesnt mean a lot to me, i just dont like the change and i dont understand it, but people who disagree with me seem like it *does* mean a lot to them and vehemently tell me i dont know what im talking about.
>>
>>
>>382205876
you sound truly pathetic. you're wrong by the way. cloud's always been an antsy little mentally unstable pissboy with a big heart, it's just easier for people to analyse that between the original game and new media because they can actually process social cues and characterisation without in-your-face motion graphics and voice acting. he just seemed more badass because he was trying to emulate Zack but when that was revealed and he had the breakdown, the cracks widened and his true passive self was in full effect.

have you considered that you're just autistic and can't really gauge what person he's like in the original game and people are just right? dumbass
>>
>doesn't mean a lot to me
>completely and utterly unwilling to budge on opinion despite own friends collectively disagreeing
>>
zack is the bad ass, which cloud pretends to be like, but he is actually is a pussy emotionally
>>
>>382207296
>you sound truly pathetic.

You should have just stopped here and your post would have been even more effective. OP is a massive faggot.
>>
>>382205876
>i told him it looks like itd be an upgraded crisis core (he at least knew the gameplay of that from me) gameplay wise
Why would you think it that, it looks nothing like it
>>
>>382207296
are you saying you cant easily analyze characters in a book because there are no faces? i think youre wrong. there is punctuation and dialogue. multiple ways of writing that convey a character. replay the game.

>>382207414
its not that i wont budge, its that its wrong and i know it is. nice argument though.

>>382207572
but cloud found himself later and seems OK with it. then somehow in AC he goes back to being an emo. i dont understand this.

>>382207578
wish this board had IDs. stop posting.
>>
>>382207701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMWEjWCwjzM

i said upgraded. not "exactly like". this looks like an upgraded crisis core. even the battle menu is similar. what are you talking about?
>>
cloud being a "let's mosey" character is a meme, he says that once in the entire game literally towards the end, the majority of the game he's down in the dumps dick who distances himself from others and acts cold
>>
>>382207807
No it doesn't, are you retarded
>>
>>382207863
he just means you run around with a 3rd person camera view and attack in real time
>>
>>382207732
>but cloud found himself later and seems ok with it
yea, but there's a noticeable change in his demeanor at that point where he acts more and more like in AC. It's moreso present when he's alone with tifa, but you can notice the shift even around the whole team and how they speak to him. cloud still has some zack tendecies in him, but overall that's not who he really is
>>
>>382207732
dude listen to yourself. not only did you completely misinterpret my post (i said that you lack that capacity, not that everybody does), but you brought up a point irl and had people disagree with you and explain why. now you're bringing it up here and people disagree with you and are explaining why. in fact you didn't even address anything in my post. yet you're still so far up your own ass about being right. this isn't healthy behaviour.
>>
>>382207863
>>382207938
>you run around in 3rd person and attack with a battle menu
>not like crisis core

>>382207994
>>382207994
i never said he wasn't without his problems - but he wasn't as severe as he currently is. throughout the entire game he speaks with "!" at the end of positive sentencing. he NEVER does that now. he's always looking down and out and acting like a faggot. he had gusto in the games. im not up my own ass.. ive played it multiple times and i think about it every play through as i read the dialogue. the direction they took is weird and off character. i honestly dont think this is disputable. and "muh face recognition" isnt a good enough argument.

ive played the game more times than i can count throughout multiple points of my life but whatever. thats the point of the OP. people crave this emo shit when it isn't real.
>>
>>382208661
>with a battle menu
but Crisis Core doesn't have that and it's called a command menu
>>
>>382208661
>not like crisis core
It isn't, and you're really reaching
>>
File: 1494896679343.jpg (552KB, 795x799px) Image search: [Google]
1494896679343.jpg
552KB, 795x799px
>>382205876
In my experience lots of people have opinions on FF7 despite not playing it, and lots of people will lie if you ask them about it. It's kind of in the same boat as Ocarina of Time where normies think they HAVE to have played it or something.

The real Cloud isn't emo. Everything other than the original game is Tetsuya Nomura's shitty fanfic.
>>
>>382209092
but Kazushige Nojima is the scenario writer
>>
>>382208713
>>382208853
ok. so what is the combat system? looks like crisis core tier to me based on video.
>>
>>382209187
http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-reason-multi-part-release-cyberconnect2-collaboration-more
>The battle system is action-oriented, but it’s completely different from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, and not as strong in action as Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade or Kingdom Hearts.

>How will the battle system work?

>Kitase: “Rather than a command-based battle ensuing when you encounter an enemy, we’re aiming for a seamless active battle, as you can see in the trailer.”

>Nomura: “Regarding the battle speed and tempo, for the sake of a stress-free battle, we want to do something on the level of Dissidia Final Fantasy. As far as the degree of action goes, it’s Dissidia Final Fantasy, then Kingdom Hearts, then Final Fantasy VII Remake. There won’t be any actions that require a technique. By using the new system, we want to do action battles while also being able to fight thinking strategically.”
>>
>>382209187
Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>382209315
is that really all that different...?
>>
>>382209187
It's obviously kingdom hearts and what versus xiii might've been
I think it might have something to do with the director of those games being on 7 remake but I'm not sure
>>
>>382209347
Is that really a question?
>>
>>382209092

I know an emotional guy who identifies with Cloud's character because of shit like AC and KH. I told him Cloud really didn't seem that way in the original game and he pretty much REEE'd and couldn't tell me the end cinematic. Really don't know why this is a thing.
>>
File: ff7.png (49KB, 853x455px) Image search: [Google]
ff7.png
49KB, 853x455px
>>382209092
>Everything other than the original game is Tetsuya Nomura's shitty fanfic.
Um
>>
>>382209392
>press attack to attack
>use a menu to use different magic/materia

really? the only thing i would argue is much different is the mobility. >>382209302 tells me its a balance of both. saying it looks like one or the other isnt completely wrong. cmon... i never claimed it was exactly like it - only that it looked like it. get over it. you probably think that wow clones are nothing like wow either.
>>
>>382209561
>it's completely different
>wow that sure sounds the same
Are you retarded?
>>
>>382209561
>but it’s completely different from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
>only that it looked like it. get over it
wow
>>
>>382209397
My most recent experience of this was playing smash with friends, and this guy talking about how shitty of a character cloud was. I started asking him why, and he said because he was emo. Later on he told one of our mutual friends he'd never even played FF7.
>>
totally agree OP. he is a man, not the pansy he is portrayed as now
>>
>>382209484
Where is this from? To my knowledge Nomura was just the character designer on 7. Feels like he got the same treatment as Akira Yamaoka, too much power to someone who didn't know what to do with it.
>>
>>382209864
The fucking credits.
>>
>>382209864
The credits of Final Fantasy 7
>Nomura was just the character designer on 7
He was character designer, co-writer of the base story, and battle director
>>
>>382209602
>>382209687
did i say anything other than it looked like an upgraded crisis core? i never said it was exactly the same. what i said is based in a casual convo. "it looks like an upgraded crisis core". to me it does. even if it was dissidia clone combat it'd be similar to crisis core like dissidia is. only difference being is pressing a button to use a command versus scrolling through a command menu/hotbar. not that much different guys...
>>
>>382209886
Went and read up a bit, I guess I'd just goofed. Still stand with my original statement, the tone and direction of Nomura's work with FF7 after the original game feels more like his reinvision than the original game. Sakaguchi held that series together, and you can feel the lack of his involvement in every game made since he left.
>>
File: Final Fantasy X-2.5.gif (273KB, 350x174px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy X-2.5.gif
273KB, 350x174px
>>382210139
Nomura was hardly involved with anything other than AC following VII

It's fucking Nojima, it's always been fucking Nojima ruining everything. He started the "FFVII and X are in the same universe" meme, then he wrote some fanfic tier novel about what happens after FFX-2 which literally caused so much backlash SE had to tell everyone it wasn't canon just to quell their rage
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvBMcNjJrYM
>>
>>382210423
Looking at his credits 7 is the only game he worked on where Sakaguchi was present, so it adds up. Also I really want to read that post X-2 for the laughs, I heard Yuna fucks a dead body.
>>
Cloud is a lying little bitch that wears women's clothes
>>
>>382208661
>i honestly don't think this is disputable
Then why bring up any of this you dumb faggot?
>>
>>382205876
>determination
More like lifeless puppet that he is
>>
File: Sephiroth-FFVIIArt.png (1MB, 1680x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sephiroth-FFVIIArt.png
1MB, 1680x1200px
>>382211939
Who could be behind his post?
>>
>>382205876
>>382207296
A lot of the writing int he US release was lost or misinterpreted in translation. Also Cloud became even more of an emofag later because Tetsuya Nomura is a fucking asshole.
>>
File: 1497665379482.jpg (250KB, 1519x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1497665379482.jpg
250KB, 1519x2048px
>>382212016
>>
File: AmanoSeph.jpg (291KB, 683x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AmanoSeph.jpg
291KB, 683x1000px
>>382212272
the fuck is that
>>
>>382212272
We were Sephiroph and shit.
>>
>>382205876
>cloud got raped by this whole kingdom hearts/advent children/dissidia emo shit

nigguh he was already a emo kid in ff7 all that bitch did was cry about zack and aerith and how he cant save the world like a bitch ass pussy.

Doesnt surprise me that after tifa manages to convince him and he mans up that once he saved the world he falls back to emo kid again crying about zack and aerith
>>
>>382212524
It is superior design
>>
Nice blog pussy

Kill yourself
>>
At the end of Advent Children he stops being emo though, he even smirks while fighting Sephiroth.
>>
Nomura got his hands on Cloud after FF7. Now guess in which games Cloud ended up being some little emo bitch 100% of the time and whose characters always are some anime bitchboys. And yeah, Cloud definitely was better in the original FF7 game, he had his emo moments in this one as well, but it wasnt his defining trait like it is in Nomuras shit.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.