[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>382189129 DaS >The Crestfallen warrior is a character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 11

File: dark souls 2 in a nutshell.jpg (961KB, 1948x2118px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 2 in a nutshell.jpg
961KB, 1948x2118px
>>382189129
DaS
>The Crestfallen warrior is a character that explains crucial plot and directional details to the player. Later on in the game after ringing the bells of awakening, the crestfallen warrior will comment on his annoyance with Frampt the primordial serpent and mention he will 'do something about it' before disappearing. After this he can be found at the entrance to New Londo, hollowed and insane.

DaSII
>Crestfallen Saulden is a character who tells the player lore information at the start of the game and acts as the master for a covenant that summons players from a completely different covenant if the player is ever invaded. He will gift the player the ring of steel protection if the player ever dies.

DaSIII
>Hawkwood is a character who explains plot and directional details to the player at the beginning of the game. He is intricately connected to one of the major bosses of the game - The Abyss Watchers - but is notably different in that he uses a shield and was looked down on for this. Throughout the early game he will give the player items depending on which boss they have killed. He can be encountered in two different places in firelink shrine and may also be summoned as a white phantom for co-op in places related to dragons. After defeating a succession of bosses Hawkwood will disappear from Firelink shrine and leave his shield to the player, however if the player collects the twinkling dragon torso stone he will leave a message with Andre the Blacksmith leading the player into a duel with him over his obsession with becoming a dragon. During the battle Hawkwood will use a greatsword as he has left his shield behind. When defeated by him the player loses the dragon torso stone but may get it back by returning to face him again.

Why did FROMSOFT take a step backwards with Dark Souls II? Did they forget it was a sequel to another game? Why does it seem like it's chronologically misplaced?
>>
Different director and team
>>
>Pessimistic coward acts as leader of a covenant that need help from the invasion police

What's wrong with that? The annoying thing is both covenants don't work.
>>
File: 7426027602.jpg (50KB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
7426027602.jpg
50KB, 320x232px
>>382194843
that guy in the middle was such a faggot I killed him immediately.
>>
>>382195335
Who gets the director credit in DS2? Because OG DS2 and SOTFS are directed by different people. So who is the director because the director of SOTFS made changes but are said changes so drastic that he now gets authorship of the game? Opnions anyone?
>>
>>382197854
>are said changes so drastic

Not really. SOTFS is just DS2 but slightly better graphics, optimised and revised enemy placement for game balance and lore purposes. They only released it since the original was developed for old-gen consoles and the new ones could support an upgrade. That and a cash-grab I guess.
>>
Dark Souls II totally botched the NPC storylines. None of the plots are concluded ever, they just sorta stop. There's no real side-quests, it's just talking to NPCs in different places and buying their shit sometimes.
>>
>>382195754
Hahahaha
>>
>>382194843
People are still crying about ds2? You're years late kid.
>>
Crestfallen Saulden became a happy guy with enough people in Majula. That was nice.
>>
>>382195754
get this HOTHEAD outta here!
>>
>>382194843
Holy shit dude its been like 3 years, the game sucks, get fucking over it jesus christ
>>
>>382201432
>>382201693
This. Its Pathetic at this point
>>
>>382201432
>>382201693
>>382201809

you're not clever sweetie
>>
>>382199541
Except Lucatiel is the best NPC in any souls game
>>
File: crestfallen-warrior-large.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crestfallen-warrior-large.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
what about in DeS?
>>
>>382202123
that's now how you spell anri
>>
>>382202201
Nobody played that old shit.
>>
>>382202201
his storyline is less involved and he doesn't do much, so he's the weakest crestfallen iteration, however he's also the first.
>>
>Ds2 is shit
wow never heard that one before
>>
>>382194843
DaSII created more interesting NPC quests and had NPCs interact with each other as part of the quests. 3 kind of tried to do something similar but it feels unfinished.
Why do we insist on only talking about the bad things DasII did instead of the interesting new things it tried?
>>
People actually give a fuck about the NPCs in these games?
>>
>>382202427
>DaSII created more interesting NPC quests

name a single one

>and had NPCs interact with each other as part of the quests.

are you suggesting that this is some kind of new take? Are you aware that liteally every souls game to date has done this?
>>
>>382202204
That's not how you spell GAVLAN
I wish he was in a less shitty game
>>
>>382202502
Pate and Creighton
>>
>>382202670
sorry fag they're shit. next.
>>
>>382202890
>sorry fag they're shit
FOR
WHAT
PURPOSE
U
R
P
O
S
E
>>
>>382202890
drink bleach
>>
>>382203020
>>382203068
kek. 2 apologists need to leave.
>>
>>382202890
Creighton was so cool A Team brought him back for 3. Try again cuck.

Also best NPC is Laurentius. I never could tell him to go to the swamp.
>>
>>382203139
>can't make an argument
>resorts to ad hominem and memespeak
pottery
>>
>>382202201
He might be telling you some truth you're unaware of. DeS is very mysterious and different NPCs will tell you different things about a subject. The crestfallen warrior warns you about becoming a demon yourself, or that you've fallen for someone's trap, or that the Monumental is to blame for the Old One and you're cleaning up the mess. We'll never know if these are just his thoughts or you were being rused from the start.
>>
>>382202670
you mean the uninteresting storyline where no matter what you do you get the same outcome of one of them suddenly betraying you with no real foreshadowing?

>meet pate in place
>he tells you about treasure
>go get treasure and talk to him again until he leaves
>meet him in next place
>same thing happens

meanwhile:

>free creighton
>meet him in other place

then

>they meet up in tseldora
>whichever one you pick to help will betray you in the end, the storyline can literally only actually play out in a single way

SO INNOVATIVE
>>
>>382194843
You missed the one in demon's souls, and the one in the king's field games.
>>
>>382203203
>name a good NPC
>*names shit NPCs*
>wut those are shit
>n-nuh uh no argument!!
JUST
>>
File: (You).jpg (55KB, 463x352px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
55KB, 463x352px
>>382203139
I though 2 was shit. I liked Gavlan, Cr8ton and P8.
Dark Souls 2's only redeeming qualities were some armors and characters. DS2 is not Satan incarnate.
>>
Whenever I go into a Dark Souls thread, I always see posts defending Dark Souls 2. They often seem rational, and accepting of the flaws within Dark Souls 2. The responses to these posts are almost invariably shitposting about the "B-team," PS2 grafix, floaty weapons, etc. etc.
at some point, you start to wonder if the level headed pro-Ds2 posts are actually very subtle bait, or if some people just can't accept that some other people like things about the game.
>>
>>382203380
>pointing out genuine and massive flaws is shitposting

why do 2babbies insist on this "I'll pretend I'm not a 2babby, that'll get em" child logic? Is it because they're children?
>>
>>382203278
>betray you
did you even play the game?
the one who survives gives you a key to a house in tseldora with some cool shit in, they don't betray you
>>
>>382203278
>pate constantly gets you into shitty situations
>mapmaker and all loading screens for Creighton's gear tell you Creighton is a lying serial killer
>no foreshadowing
>>
>>382203493
>actually giving him a (You)
2keks will never learn, don't bother.
>>
>>382203321
>thinks his taste is good
>it's actually bad
>gets called out by multiple people
>still pretends to be smart
sorry anon, you got BTFO. Try again next time.
>>
>>382203493
you used the term '2babby' twice in that post, and it was very funny so i respect you now for using it and also for putting that 2babby in his place good job
>>
>>382203510
:^)
>>382203510
name a single bad situation pate gets you into, there's objectively no foreshadowing of him betraying you
>>
>>382203510
It sounds like he didn't pay attention to anything either of the NPCs said, and just attacked blindly resulting in them both being aggroed to him after the fight ends. What a tard
>>
File: 6n5aIH0.png (253KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
6n5aIH0.png
253KB, 500x700px
>>382202427
>DaSII created more interesting NPC quests and had NPCs interact with each other as part of the quests

You mean how you wander up on Creighton and Pate? Like in action? That's the major 'new' thing I can remember off the top of my head, because DS1 had NPC quests, interactions with others that could affect the quest, and straight-up better NPCs.
>>
>>382202201
came here to post this. OP is a fag
>>
>>382203493
That's not what I said. I said that every positive comment about DS2 is met with shitposting. It's reddit levels of hivemind that /v/ can't see a positive thing about a game they probably only experienced through memes and shitposting without jumping in on the memes and shitposting.
>>
File: 1490837164382.jpg (34KB, 488x413px) Image search: [Google]
1490837164382.jpg
34KB, 488x413px
>>
>>382203639
first time you meet him and he traps you in a room full of enemies?
Literally named after Patches, the character who betrays you in Dark Souls 1?
lol
>>
>>382203726
what you said was:

>shitposting about the "B-team," PS2 grafix, floaty weapons, etc. etc.

how much more backpeddling would you like to do?
>>
>>382203726
You're wrong, 1 is the best.
>>
>>382203380
It's just that most people on /v/ had an ungodly amount of hype for DaS2 and expected it to be a gift from god. It turned out only okay and even sticks to the formula better than DaS3 but since it wasn't a mirrion times better than DaS it's now the worst game they've ever played. It didn't meet their truly unreasonable expectations. There was just too much god damn hype. DaS3 would have received the same reaction if not worse because it's less like DaS1 than DaS2.
For those of us who didn't hop on the train, DaS2 is a decent game.
>>
>>382203493
>2babby

what does that even mean. you can bet every single person who likes ds2 likes the first just as much
>>
>>382203778
>first time you meet him and he traps you in a room full of enemies?

he doesn't trap you, he warns you that it's a deathtrap and tells you not to go in

he's also not named after patches and behaves nothing like him, so wrong twice
>>
>>382203827
I agree, never said 2 was better than 1.
>>382203782
What I actually said was:
>The responses to these posts are almost invariably shitposting about the "B-team," PS2 grafix, floaty weapons, etc. etc.

rather than discuss a single positive thing about Dark Souls 2, /v/ would rather meme about the flaws that everyone already knows about. No one is claiming 2 has good graphics, or that the lore makes sense as a direct continuation, or that soul memory was cool. But If anyone mentions power stancing, they are met with "lol but that game sux."
>>
>>382202670
Because Siegmeyer and Sieglinde, Lautrec and Anastacia, Patches, Thorolund and Rhea & her Clerics, Laurentius and Quelana, Kirk, Eingyi and the Fair Lady, Ingward and Logan, all of these characters' plotlines didn't interact, right?
>>
>>382203973
>warns you that it's a deathtrap
right after telling you about the treasure. Kinda like patches from Dark souls one. If you can't see the naming similarity between the two, I can't help you. You're just illiterate.
>>
>>382204126
>patches
>tells you about treasure and then kicks you into a fucking pit
>pate
>tells you about treasure and then is concerned for your well being after getting out

only a literal autist would confuse these actions for the same thing
>>
>>382204057
I didn't say that at all, I just thought Pate and Creighton was a cool story where there was no obvious good or bad guy. Thanks for the words in my mouth though, they taste retarded
>>
>>382203942
2babby means someone for whom das2 was their first souls game
>>
>>382204196
Pate is the more interesting character because you can't tell if he's trying to help you or trying to take advantage of you. Only a gullible idiot would blindly trust Pate, especially after meeting Creighton
>>
>>382204126
I see where you're coming from but honestly I was busy expecting Patches himself to be in the game
>>
>>382204126
>Moderately famous Hollywood actor is a fan of the first game, wants a role in 2
>Instead of making a new character to take advantage of the actor's talent, they just make Patches lite

Wonderful
>>
>>382204324
>creighton is a known liar and murdering psychopath
>tells you that pate is a dick
>meanwhile pate is everything but a dick
>consistently concerned for the health of your character
>acts as a summon to help you fight bosses
>gives you stuff

GEE, I WONDER WHO THE BAD GUY IS HERE

oh wait it's both because B-team doesn't know how storytelling works
>>
>>382204378
and in the process they broke a streak that predated the Souls series itself.
>>
>>382204442
>being this fooled
if someone comes up to you in a parking lot and tries to sell you a tv, don't buy it. It's a scam
>>
>>382204442
>consistently concerned for the health of your character
>acts as a summon to help you fight bosses
>gives you stuff

Lautrec is the same.
>>
>>382203253
You can become a demon, but aside from that, he's clearly full of shit. He just wants to scare you because that makes him feel like he's some big badass who's "too smart" for this nonsense. When it doesn't work and you continue to do well, that only reminds him of his own failure and he freaks out and ends up losing his ability to even remain in human form.
>>
>>382194843
Uggh... should I replay DS again? I already have over 100 hours in DS1 and DS3 and now got the urge.
Not that much for DS3 though.
>>
>>382204531
no he doesn't, if you can't tell the difference between genuine concern and "I sure hope nothing bad happens to you... heheh" then I've got a bridge to sell you. Lautrec also never gives you stuff that's actually his, meanwhile Pate gives you his own gear.
>>
>>382204531
>pate
out and about like a normal character
>lautrec
locked in a cell

really activates my almonds
>>
File: Despair_Man.png (147KB, 441x600px) Image search: [Google]
Despair_Man.png
147KB, 441x600px
>tfw Dark Souls 2 is my favorite of the souls games and the one I put the most time in, but any attempt to talk about it will be immediately met with everybody yelling that it's shit
i seriously don't get why you guys hate the game so much
>>
>>382204791
because it's shit?

which part of this don't you get?
>>
>>382204696
If you think you can tell the difference between genuine and disingenuous concern, you've probably bought a few bridges yourself.
Stop taking everything at face value, use your noggin, entertain the possibility that Pate might not be your friend, or at the very least, might not have your best intentions at heart. It's not hard.
>>
>>382204838
why is it shit
>>
>>382204773
>locked in a cell

doesn't really say much in the souls universe. loads of NPCs are trapped when you meet them, the chosen undead himself begins in a cell
>>
>>382204791
It's literally the DMC2 of the series

I mean, enjoy it if you can, but if you think it's better than any of the others, let alone the best of the series, you're fucking delusional
>>
>>382204442
Pate shares same archetype with Patches, and Creighton couldn't take it easy after being "pranked".
They're both kinda dickheads.
>>
>>382204892
it had bad graphics and soul memory and the lighting got changed from the trailer and that NEVER happens to any game so it hurt my feelings
>>
>>382204892
>wahh, why don't people like the game I don't like!
>because it's bad
>wtf it's not bad, I LIKE IT, DIDN'T YOU HEAR THAT I LIKE IT!
>nobody cares
>wahhh

(you)
>>
>>382204892
baffling changes to every good system from DS1, especially the healing
floaty combat and movement
soul memory
bad level design
bad graphics
boring enemies
terrible enemy placement, leading to gank squads
boring NPCs
irrelevant lore
>>
>>382205080
i just asked you to explain yourself, please stop putting words in my mouth
>>
>>382204791
That's every game on /v/. Hell, I was about to remind everyone that the second half of DS1 is so goddamn shitty that it brings the whole game down.
>>
>>382205174
why don't you explain yourself instead of trying to trick other people into wasting time on stuff that's been consistently settled for literally years?

hint: the person with something to prove is the one who has to prove it
>>
>>382205163
see, this is what's so fucking baffling for me. DaS2 just felt like an improvement on every front for me, besides soul memory and level design in certain areas, which was inoffensive at best imo. maybe i just have a low standard for games nowadays, i haven't really had any games that i've hated
>>
>>382205250
>been consistently settled for literally years
that explains why we still see weekly (if not daily) DaS2 "/v/ lied about how bad it was" threads
>>
>>382205308
are you seriously admitting that the only reason you like das2 is because you literally can't tell when something is good or not?
>>
>>382205250
it's not really settled if everybody argues about it in nearly every souls thread when somebody inevitably brings DaS2 up
>>
>>382205370
are you seriously admitting that the only reason you don't like das2 is because you literally can't accept something that has any flaws at all?
>>
>>382205390
>>382205334
>people shitpost about it so it's not settled

'no'

it's well established that das2fags are contrarians who samefag this kind of thing to bait for (you)'s, they disappeared for awhile but came back after the release of das3 because they saw an opening to shill their shit game
>>
>>382205308
are you fucking delusional?

the changes to the healing system alone ruined the game, and you think they are an improvement?

From Estus being a resource management system, to it being useless in combat because it takes a week to use it, while Lifegems make all damage trivial. Not to mention that to offset the huge estus delay, you're expected to dump levels on a stat that exists almost for no other reason.
>>
>>382205449
there's a pretty fucking massive difference between a few flaws and being entirely flawed champ

listen, I'm going to explain the concept of the burden of proof to you here because I think you're gonna need it later on after you have an autistic sperg out over somebody putting pickles on your burger irl and get charged with assault, luckily for you it's very simple:

when YOU claim something YOU have to prove it.

are you following me here?
>>
>>382205490
Actually it's well established that a lot of people genuinely enjoy das2 AND the other souls games because they aren't fucking neurotic autists like the people who think das2 is an irredeemable piece of shit.
you can't prove me wrong, all you can do is kick and scream like a child.
>>
>>382205648
>p-prove me wrong, you c-can't!

autist detected
>>
>>382205370
i already said that das2 was an improvement in every way, so of course i thought it was good. when i said i had a low standard, i meant that flaws just aren't as big of a deal to me, and das2's flaws aren't anything huge or unable to be worked around imo
>>
>>382205639
I wasn't the anon who just said that he liked the game, I was just putting stupid words in your mouth the way you put stupid words into his.

>when you claim something you have to prove it
oh yeah? prove it, fagboi
>>
>>382205582
I don't know what the problem is, I never had issues healing with estus
>>
>>382205582
>because it takes a week to use it

Second or two max. Not hard to time your heals.
>>
>>382205686
>types out stuttering meme
>calls others autistic
be quiet now buddy, the adults are talking
>>
>>382205724
not an argument kiddo, get back to me in a few years after reddit trains you some more and you might have a better time here
>>
>>382205582
estus being slower than dark souls 1 doesn't make it useless, especially when the overall pace of the game is slower as well
>>
>>382205582
The estus change was a good change you mong. The lifegems are what ruined it.
>>
>>382205794
>his response is literally no u

swing and a miss
>>
File: srD6vah.jpg (196KB, 1063x1072px) Image search: [Google]
srD6vah.jpg
196KB, 1063x1072px
>>382194843
>>
>>382205810
I never claimed to make an argument, I actually just admitted to trolling you, and you STILL replied. Take a chill pill anon.
>>
File: Confused Man.jpg (28KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Man.jpg
28KB, 1024x765px
this is exactly what i meant, you people can't help but go nuts when anybody has a positive opinion on dark souls 2
>>
>>382205880
>he thinks his responses before this are legitimate points
come on, we both know we're just flinging shit across the internet. I guess some of mine got in your mouth, cause you are really passionate about something pretty unimportant.
deuces
>>
>>382206038
?
>>
>>382205864
They really weren't that game changing, you rarely run out of estus except in boss fights where they heal too slowly anyway.

Health is pretty irrelevant in Souls games considering literally everything can kill you in a few hits. As you get better at the game you learn to never take damage anyway.
>>
>>382205962
I like powerstancing, it was an awesome addition to Souls combat. I'm bummed they took it away in DaS3.
>>
>>382205916
do you seriously still think you're the master troll in this thread?
>>
>>382205864
what's the problem with lifegems? they're even riskier since they're slower and heal you at a much slower rate than estus
>>
>>382206102
I think the strat goes something like:
>cheese dragonrider
>use souls to buy 99 lifegems from melentia
>never have to worry about running out of heals again
it's not a huge deal, but it upsets some people
>>
>>382206173
no, didn't actually say that. The thing about trolling and baiting is that each person can just say they were fucking with the other and the irony is they've both wasted their time. So go ahead, pretend like this was all part of your master plan, I'll pretend like it was part of mine, and we can go our separate ways.
>>
>>382204601
Not exactly true. You're bound to the Nexus, you cannot escape it. The Last Monumental is forcing you into cleaning up their mess, since he can't keep the Old One asleep anymore. I'm sure the Crestfallen Warrior didn't want to be there. Also, how do you suppose Allant got all the way to the center of the Nexus without the Monumental's help?
>>
>>382206370
I started this thread idiot, my plan comes prior to yours objectively
>>
>People defending Pate
Do you guys not read his gear?

>Although it appears to be common armor, it has in fact been meticulously customized. Belonged to mild-mannered Pate.
This has been considerably altered. Perhaps it was pillaged.

>It is not always advisable to stand out. Especially if you have something to hide.
>>
Solaire is the best NPC out of all the games. No other character can actually compete with the level of shit Chosen Undead and Solaire go through. Except maybe Siegmeyer.
>>
>>382206576
siegmeyer>solaire desu
>>
>>382206576
Praise the sun fellow sunbro!
>>
>>382206576
i wanna say that scottish guy in dark souls 2 gets close, fighting his way through a fuckton of monsters with a sword he thinks is legendary but is actually just a shitty replica
>>
>>382206418
makes no difference to me
just out of curiosity, why pick the crestfallen archetype of NPCs to start a discussion about Ds2's mistakes? Why'd you leave out Demons Souls?
>>
>>382206576
Stockpile Thomas > Solaire
He actually believed in you and did his best to help even though he was frightened to death and had lost everyone he loved. On the other hand, Solaire is just some fucking nerd with a batshit motive for carrying forward. I understand the whole Gods thing, but traveling to the Bed of Chaos in search of your very own sun is not a sane thing to do.
>>
>>382206828
I saw someone post the image in a previous thread (that I accidentally linked in the op) and thought it was a good bait topic

it's a somewhat interesting point of comparison I think, and is excellent 3>2 bait which is even better than 2 sucks bait
>>
>>382206239
I played a lot of co-op and gems really helped since your estus is degraded to default as a phantom. Helping people throughout entire areas was fun.

DaS3 made that pretty much impossible by halving your flask with no other healing options.
>>
>>382206698
Benhart is better than Solaire because he isn't a walking reddit meme. Other than that, they're pretty much the same story.
>>
>>382207029
There is nothing "Reddit" about Solaire. Unless you're a hot-headed faggot. Jealous that Solaire is the popular one?
>>
>>382206576
Gough. Motherfucker noscopes dragons blind.
>>
>>382207001
You want to bait the 3fags?
>the most linear of all the games, even compared to DeS and BB
>nostalgiafag reference pandering out the ass
>rehashed characters
>Lowest Boss count after DeS
>Half the bosses are gimmicks
>Boss weapons shit as usual, despite having 4 games to draw experience from
>weapons in general are 90% quality based
>these quality weapons are also usually the best weapons in their class
>some weapons have retarded stat requirements where they don't even scale with said stats, which also happens to be quality
>armor system a horrible imbalanced mess
>the heaviest armors are the heaviest they have ever been in the series, while offering basically no additional defense over medium/light sets
>poise implemented in such a stupid way that only Greatswords and Maces get the most bang for the buck
>Some UGSs, GAs, and Hammers weigh more than entire armor sets
>Equip load is now done by VIT, which for some reason gives LESS per level than fucking dark souls 2
>Souls required to level up not adjusted for splitting stats into two
>a majority of the small weapons sped up to bloodborne speed, but some of the larger weapons have been made SLOWER and consume MORE STAMINA
>rolls cost next to nothing with extremely fast recovery and many iframes
>magic is garbage
>faith is garbage
>Too many useless fucking stats
>WAs are mostly just special r2s or powerstance moves copypasted with an explosion or two at the end
>MLGS is the worst its ever been
>awful covenants
>covenants are stickers which can be changed on the go
>shitty rewards
>Dragon form the worst its ever been in both aesthetic and practical sense
>community now filled with normies who hold hands with their SL 800 Friends to get through the game
>invaders have the most disadvantage compared to all other games in the series
>First DLC was a 1.5 hour long disappointment with a rehashed arena
>Second DLC had no end despite being the very last dark souls we'll get for the forseeable future
>>
>>382207156
No, I genuinely prefer the things I like to be less popular. If you think "le praise the sun" isn't as reddit as memes get, you know less than Jon Snow
>>
DaS2 is the only Dark Souls game with a story and NPCs you care about.
>>
>>382207395
>No, I genuinely prefer the things I like to be less popular.

apex kek
>>
>>382207427
hoo boy
>>
>>382207427
that isn't dark souls 1 and demon's souls
>>
>>382207473
popular shit gets ruined. see: 4chan
>>
>>382207395
Solaire doesn't even say that, you faggot. Literally nothing is Reddit about his character. The more you keep saying dumb shit like that, the more Reddit you sound.
You're trying way too hard.
>>
>>382199541
Not every NPC has to die like in DS3
>>
>>382207610
right, and undertale is a great game with a horrible fanbase. Can't disassociate the meme from Solaire.
I'm just saying I like Benhart better, do you actually have an issue with that? Scottish accents are the best, I like big ass swords, what more do you want from me?
>>
File: 2013-08-25_00020.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-25_00020.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>382207710
>Not every NPC has to die
what a poor attitude
>>
>>382203510
>>382203639
>>382203778
>>382204126

You are retarded. Both Pate and Creighton betray you at the end of the questline.

Yes, whoever you save gives you a key to a room with two chests, and one of the chests is trapped with a bomb. When it explodes you can hear Pate or Creighton laughing and telling something like "that will leave a scar".

They are both dickheads in the end, something that doesn't make any sense in the case of Pate, considering the only thing he does in the game is telling "there is a treasure, but its dangerous and im a coward, get it if you want but be careful".

He is nothing like Patches who basically fucks with you for fun (and souls), he never warns you of the dangers.

Play the fucking game you are shitting on.
>>
I liked DaS2 because it had the best pvp.
>>
>>382207737
Undertale is shit. It's ironic that people on /v/ started to say this "the problem is the fanbase" when in the beginning it was just "this game is fucking retarded at every level except maybe the story if you are into furry shit".
>>
>>382207710
I think the problem is that NOT A SINGLE ONE dies in DS2
>>
>>382194843
Because the game went through like 3 different builds and Namco made them drop each one because it wasn't enough like the first game. The final build was scraps of older builds stitched together in 6 months and made to just repeat the plot of Dark Souls 1 because Namco just wanted the same game each time. That's why DaS3 turned out the way it did, but it had the benefit of being developed for longer than 6 months and having the first director there to better copy the first game.
>>
>similar npc does different thing
i am furious
call the cops
>>
>>382209023
not a single one dies, but some of them suffer a far worse fate in slowly losing their memories and self
>>
File: 1498328983558.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1498328983558.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>Reknown video game series
>Has one good game, rest are shit
>>
>>382207737
>Can't disassociate the meme from Solaire

That's ridiculous though. Besides his sun seeking theme has nothing to do with a literal sun. His armor descriptions make him out to be utterly deluded.
>>
>>382209338
>Dark Souls was so good that it's solid sequels feel like shit in comparison
I wish I didn't actually feel this way
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.