[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank em

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: Fc-wiki-fc1bg.jpg (83KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
Fc-wiki-fc1bg.jpg
83KB, 670x377px
3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > Primal
>>
File: x-files.jpg (31KB, 544x653px) Image search: [Google]
x-files.jpg
31KB, 544x653px
Instincts>2>3>4

Haven't played the other games in the series.
>>
>>382191319
this
>>
3>2=4 >1
>>
2 > Instincts > 1 > 3 and derivates
>>
Is primal that bad? Is it at least worth a pirate?
>>
3 > 4 > Primal > 2 = 1
>>
>>382191319
Blood Dragon > the rest
>>
What's so great about 2?

I will say that I love the health mechanic but it's pretty flawed

>gun jamming
>malaria
>no weapon customization
>>
>>382191319
4 > 3 > 2 Haven't played 1 or Primal yet but i'm sure the /v/ipsters are wrong as usual.
>>
>>382191906
I'm playing primal right now and it's fine.
The caveman language can be really distracting but it makes more sense than them speaking english.
I'd say buy it on sale and decide for yourself.
>>
>>382192115
You mention all that but not the outposts instantly respawning enemies the moment you travel 200 yards away from it.
>>
>>382192115
The Multiplayer from 2 was top stuff.
>>
>>382192115
You mentioned all the things that make combat interesting and require adaptability.
>>
>>382192265
I haven't played it in forever and I forgot about that
>>
>>382192407
Weapon durability is a shit mechanic. There is no defending it
>>
>>382192265
I preferred 2's refilling outposts and bases over 3's 'Once you cap a place, it's devoid of enemies forever'
>>
>>382192808
You would clear an outpost, drive away and get shot at by the respawned enemies. It is the thing I remember most from the game, not the malaria and guns exploding after 20 shots. Was a terrible mechanic.
>>
>2 near the bottom
How to spot a newfag 101
>>
anyone placing 2 anywhere but the bottom needs to be sent to africa or europe since they like dealing with endless respawning hordes so much
>>
>>382193747
>He doesn't play with Dylan's mod
>>
>>382191319
1st 2/3rds of 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else is irredeemable garbage
>>
>>382192407
>shooting a weapon for 10 seconds before dropping it and picking up an identical weapon and repeating until everything dies
>interesting or in any way requiring adaptability

Brainlet detected.
>>
>>382193892
>he needs a mod to fix a shitty game by design and proceed to praise it non stop

You must be a fan of skyrim as well? epic
>>
>>382194231
Literally the same as STALKER but everyone on /v/ agrees its a great game
>>
>>382193892
>Dylan's mod meme

Dylan's mod doesn't fix the missions that are exactly the same or the barren world.
>>
>>382191319

2 > crysis > 1 > 3 = 4 and i haven't played primal but I assume it is ~90% mechanically similar to 3 and 4
>>
File: latest.png (200KB, 512x561px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
200KB, 512x561px
>people actually like this cultural appropriating jewfro white boi

figures, a lot of you probably look like this nu male
>>
>>382194293
This is gonna piss of the /v/ipsters hard but Skyrims modding capabilities are a feature of the game itself. Stalker and Far Cry 2's mods are not. Thus mods that make Skyrim a great game for whatever you preferred enjoyment of the game is is an official pro not some user fix.

Aka the game was designed to be customizable by the player base for you own enjoyment Stalker and Far Cry 2 were not.
>>
>>382194561
JAYSON BRODEE
>>
>>382194561
Technically the in game model is not what he actually looks like pic related is more accurate.

And fuck dude I wish I looked like him I might not be a KHV if I did.
>>
>>382194562
>game is intentionally designed with the expectation that the player base will make it good so the devs don't have to
>this is somehow good
>>
File: 1491801191418.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491801191418.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>382195009
>Its a bad thing to be able to customize the game to be played the way you want it to be played
Also most people played/enjoyed Skyrim Vanilla so that's the "player base will make it good" meme out the window.

Mods are a feature so you can play the game how you want it to play it. Like me personally I always have two modded playthroughs. One playthrough is for hardcore realism. Shooting people in the head arrow they die, slitting peoples throats, realistic gore and combat, etc and a second playthrough for fun to make the combat actiony and let you dodge enemy attacks and shit.

Like I never get the /v/ipster complaints about Skyrim you can basically edit the game gameplay wise to be whatever you want unless of course your complaints about goosebumps choose your own adventure garbage trash or that its not a snoozefest turn based game. You see that more with the /v/ipsters who complain about the new Fallouts tho I suppose.
>>
2 > 1 > shit > everything else
>>
>>382192026
My nigga
>>
>>382191319
huh. all these years I thought that shirt was just blood.
>>
>>382192207
I really like 1.

it was ahead of the curve in a lot of ways for its time.
>>
>>382194562

There may be something to be said for 'mod tools' but that in no way means skyrim's modders are pros and stalker/fc2's modders are noobs. Maybe it means that you get fewer but more talented people because the barrier to entry is higher. And for talented people simpler tools don't always make for better end products, a more complex but more flexible tool can be better than babby mode official Bethesda creation kit or geck or whatever shit.

I think you're right though that Bethesda games have probably the biggest mod communities out there, but the reason people like stalker and fc2 and don't like skyrim is that skyrim's mods are one of the primary reasons to play it whereas stalker/fc2's mods mainly just make the games work the way they were supposed to or maybe add some cherries on top. The base games themselves are enough to be worth loving.
>>
>>382192882

This is my only major criticism - gun jamming is a great mechanic and was implemented well, I liked the malaria shit, both sides constantly fighting, visuals/setting were great, everything would catch fire like crazy, even the character/companion selections were neat, I really love it.

However camps respawned waay too quickly and it was bullshit that on every single fucking mission the side you were working for would still be hostile to you, and they have the quest givers 'explain' it to you every single time. That just felt lazy, they seriously couldn't be bothered to figure out how to organize non hostile vs hostile npc fire fights.
>>
>>382191319
I miss Crytek, I don't even know what they do anymore.
>>
>>382191319
4>Blood Dragon>3>2
Haven't played 1 or Primal.
>>
File: 1476081411022.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476081411022.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
>>382191319
I really love 3. It's the only FC I've ever bothered to finish. My only complaint is that they wasted Vaas, and the ending was garbage.
>>
>>382191319
1 > 2 (first 5 hours) > 3 > BD > rest of 2
>>
4>3>1>shit>2>primal>blood dragon
>>
>>382194561
Not really. He was a boring and unrelatable character.
>>
>>382191319
What about instincts? I remember it being p. dank.
>>
>>382191319
>1
>Anywhere near the top
Those mutants literally ruin the game
>>
>>382192115
>picks up an African warlords shitty assault rifle sold by the Jackal
>is surprised when it jams up from

It's an old as hell game so weapon customisation wasn't really a thing back then, although it does have a decent array of weapons to choose from.

I'll agree with you on the malaria, that was just irritating more than an actual gameplay element
>>
Blood Dragon > 2 >> 1 >>>>> 3 > 4 >>>>>> Primal
>>
>>382191319
Only played 2,3 and 4.
I rate them in that order cause 2 is still incredible despite its old age, 3 was a bit casualised but still enjoyable and I never even finished 4 cause it felt like a reskin of 3
>>
>>382201110
Far Cry was ground breaking with its render distance and AI responsiveness at long range.
Mutant levels were shit though.
It's a shame none of the sequels really carried on with the long range active world. All of the open world titles have a little box around you where things actually happen and despawning enemies, etc.
>>
>>382191319
3=2>Blood Dragon>4>Primal>Instincts>1
>>
>>382201110
But why? They're not even hard to kill.
>>
1>2>3
What do I win
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.