[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOU'RE WRONG! I KNOW NOW, WITHOUT A DOUBT, KINGDOM HEARTS...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 16

File: 1497988541370[1].png (894KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497988541370[1].png
894KB, 1366x768px
YOU'RE WRONG! I KNOW NOW, WITHOUT A DOUBT, KINGDOM HEARTS...
>>
IS SHIT!
>>
File: 5.gif (555KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
555KB, 555x555px
>>
is half Xehanort
>>
Still waiting, i played this shit as a kid i dont want to have a fucking kid before the series ends fuck just take my money you lazy japs
>>
is a cute chestnut haired asian girl who will punch you and wrestle you for your magnum dong
>>
>>382178657
>tfw played kh1 when I was maybe 12 or 13.
>26, married, two kids now.

Who the hell is the series for at this point? They waited too long to make a sequel.
>>
IS
>>
>>382180373
>They waited too long to make a sequel.
They made a bunch of sequels
>>
>>382180530
KANGS
>>
>>382177575
Is the first letter in the 2nd post, the second letter in the 4th post, add a space, the fourth letter in the 12th post, the third letter in the 14th post, the eighth letter in the 17th post, the sixth letter in the 22nd post, and the last letter in the 25th post
>implying this thread will reach 25 posts
>>382178657
>implying you will
At best you'd barely pass an adoption approval test.
>>
File: 1490339252765.png (168KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490339252765.png
168KB, 500x500px
>>382177682
baby man. witness this.
>>
UNLIMITED POWEEER
>>
File: 5.png (508KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
508KB, 555x555px
>>382177682
>>
Is just shallow game play with piss easy bosses
>>
File: gorilla-irresistable-beauty[1].jpg (58KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla-irresistable-beauty[1].jpg
58KB, 600x402px
>>382178639
Can somebody please explain to me what the deal with Xehanort is? I only played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 but apparently every character is Xehanort and there are like 50 xehanorts but some of the xehanorts are fake xehanorts, and some of the xehanort clones are clones of the fake xehanort? Or something? What' the fuck is going on?

Also why the fuck do some people turn into Nobodies?
>>
Kingdom Hearts has undoubtedly one of the greatest narratives in all of video games. The amount of literary allusions and character development is unparalleled and those who dismiss it are mental midgets who are scared of anime out of bias.

Debate me.
>>
>>382178657
>KH
>Ending
Anon, Nomura has stated than KH3 is only the ending to the "Xehanort Saga". He's said he already has more plotlines planned out.
>>
File: 1497539999488.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497539999488.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
>>382177575
They're bringing back the only good character though
>>
>>382181189
truly the story that defined a generation
>>
>>382181161
>I only played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Go fucking buy 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 and play them, you retard. You're asking people to spoonfeed you the entire fucking plot of the series up until now.
Given that you don't even know how nobodies work, you apparently didn't even pay attention when you played 2.
>>
>>382177575
Bane?
>>
>>382181402
So what you're saying is, you dont' know the answer and want to deflect?

Also I'm not asking about what makes a nobody in general (a heartless is made and then the leftover body is a nobody). What I'm asking is, what exactly is the event/process that takes a normal person and causes them to split into a heartless and a nobody? You see a fuckton of heartless and a fuckton of nobodies, but it doesn't really seem clear what causes the split
>>
>>382181402
>getting elitist over kingdom Hearts like the story is worthwile
Read a fucking boon you massive fag monster
>>
>>382177575
UNLIMITED KEYBLADE WORKS!
>>
>>382181668
heartless attack people
people fall to darkness
new heartless is born

heartless are also naturally born from darkness
read ansem's reports
>>
>>382181740
>asking people to play the games so the can understand the very basic important shit in the plot is elitist
Nigger, come on.
>>382181668
>but it doesn't seem clear what caused the split
THIS IS EXPLAINED TO YOU IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 BEFORE YOU EVEN FUCKING LEAVE YEN SID'S TOWER
YOU RETARD
>>
File: 5378319860_7f96dea2f6_b[1].jpg (49KB, 711x459px) Image search: [Google]
5378319860_7f96dea2f6_b[1].jpg
49KB, 711x459px
>>382181873
So like, a heartless just needs to beat the shit out of somebody until they die, and they burst open like a pinata and a heartless pops out? And then the dead body stands up, grabs the nearest white robe, and starts acting angsty?
>>
>>382181161
Xehanort is a literary illusion to Satan, or more accurately Lucifer from Paradise lost. His initial incarnation learns the power of time travel from his future self at a young age.

So the real Xehanort is:
>Young Xehanort
>Master Xehanort

In BBS Master Xehanort essentially possesses Terra's body to create:
>Terranort
Terranort is a student of Anselm the Wise who teaches him about Heartless through experimentation, Terranort splits into:
>Ansem Seeker of Darkness, his Heartless and named after his master out of some perceived spite
>Xemnas, his nobody

Now he just possesses whoever starting with
>Xigbar
And possibly Saix, although this may be a swerve.
>>
>>382181970
Your fault for acting like a massive fagmonster bro, it's pretty retarded and says a lot about the games poorwriting that you can't get the overwhelming gist of the main plot from the 2 numbered entries in the series wouldn't you say?
>>
>>382181740
It is worthwhile, don't let appearances deceive you.
>>
>>382182094
https://youtu.be/81iRRMm3Fos
Eat shit. Literally explains it outright to you before Sora even gets his new outfit in KH2. This isn't even a case of "He didn't play CoM", this is a case of "He didn't even fucking pay attention".
>>
>>382182008
if you want

>>382182094
All game's in the series may as well be numbered.
>it's pretty retarded and says a lot about the games poorwriting that you can't get the overwhelming gist of the main plot from the 2 numbered entries in the series wouldn't you say?
you're an idiot if you really think that
skipping games in a series with a clearly on going plot then complaining that you don't get anything just because of the titles is your own fault
>>
>>382180373
>They waited too long to make a sequel
There have been five main games since KHII and the series has been yearly releases since 2007
>>
>>382181161
Best way I've heard it said is Xehanort is Voldemort
>>
>>382181668
>So what you're saying is, you dont' know the answer and want to deflect?
He's saying you're asking people to explain five or more RPGs worth of plot and lore to answer your question.
>>
>>382182978
If you can't explain something, then you don't understand it.
>>
>>382180373
It's just like the sequels to the Disney movies. Now you can enjoy them with your kids.
>>
File: 1479397793449.jpg (380KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1479397793449.jpg
380KB, 1200x1697px
>>382177575
XV-kun, I summon you!
>>
>>382182014
>Xehanort is a literary illusion to Satan, or more accurately Lucifer from Paradise lost.
How so, is it because of his goat keyblade?
>>
>>382180373
It's up to you to introduce the new generation to the series
>>
>>382183152
It's not a matter of not being able, it's a matter of it being a fucking long explanation and nobody wants to have to make an essay on 4chan to satisfy a question that can be answered if you just play the fucking games.

You asked the most complicated and far-reaching question in the entire fucking series.
In essence you are asking to be spoonfed the entire story of the eight-game saga.
That's how big the answer is.

No fucking wonder people don't want to waste time explaining it to you.
>>
>>382183185
This is some false advertising right here.
>>
>>382183285
Because he's omnipresent throughout time. He's the primordial snake of the Garden of Eden (Destiny Isles) he tempts the protagonists with knowledge of the outside worlds (the tree of knowledge of good and evil). Milton's depiction of Lucifer in PL was the first interpretation of Satan as literally being the snake. The Keyblade name all but confirms the authorial intent.
>>
>>382184363
>he's omnipresent throughout time
But he can only travel along his own personal timeline. A version of him has to exist for him to travel there. He was born a regular person, he's not a god. There is a start and end for him no matter how long he manages to prolong it.

>he tempts the protagonists with knowledge of the outside worlds
But it was Xehanort who was tempted by knowledge. He chose the life of the seeker to chase knowledge.

>Milton's depiction of Lucifer in PL was the first interpretation of Satan as literally being the snake
But Xehanort's iconography isn't at all related to snakes.

>The Keyblade name all but confirms the authorial intent
No Name?

How does the Master of Masters figure into this? Luxu? The Keyblade War? Eraqus?
>>
https://youtu.be/NpYqFJxVuBc

I'll bet that even these fags have moved on from thinking about, let alone discussing, this gay ass game.

What is wrong with you people?
>>
its this right?

https://youtu.be/nRKi6ig6poM
>>
>>382181161
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bo6Cbeq18k

This covers everything you need to know about kingdom hearts
>>
>>382183663
most of the marketing was
>>
>>382185219
Omnipresent in the phenomenology of the Kingdom Hearts story. He is responsible for every evil and misdeed, he is the great corrupter.

Xehanort is very much snake like, his eyes are yellow, he moves slyly, he wriggles his fingers. He looks predatory, he has a pointedness and we associate that iconography of evil with the snake.

Furthermore the parallels to the snake are echoed in his homeland being the literary allusion to the Garden of Eden. The very fact that Xehanort seeks knowledge means that he embodies Intelligence, intelligence can be dogmatic and leads to horrific acts if misused without a proper moral guideline. Again, the poster above who mentioned Voldemort is a decent parallel, he learned Dark Arts and felt entitled to dogmatically pursue it and even enforce it at the expense of morality.
>>
>>382186123
>three fucking hours
what
>>
>>382181161
https://youtu.be/bNpDwXclzac
This explains it all
>>
>>382186442
>He is responsible for every evil and misdeed, he is the great corrupter.
Except for the events of the χ subseries which directly influenced Xehanort.

>h-he kinda looks like a snake!
Weak.

>Destiny Islands is the Garden of Eden
How? In what way? Wouldn't the pre-War World be the Garden of Eden, a paradise (a peaceful world "bathed in Light") lost forever as punishment for the misdeeds of its residents?

You can claim literary allusions all you want but that doesn't mean anything without any substance to back it up.

Also you seem to have forgotten to touch on No Name and its relevance. What does the name "No Name" have to do with Paradise Lost?
And why ignore the other factors I brought up?

I don't think you've thought this all through very well.
>>
>>382186809
Kingdom Hearts has a lot of history, and basically everything is related to each other on multiple levels. That video doesn't even cover absolutely everything, just most of the important bits and basic
>>
>>382177575
IS STUPID AND GAY!!!
>>
>>382181310
Jesus, does anyone stay dead in this fucking series?
>>
>>382187708
Well they never really actually died.
>>
So when are Sora and Kairi gonna actually get serious with their relationship?
>>
>>382187708
Nigger, Roxas coming back has been foreshadowed since Coded and confirmed since DDD. Roxas has his own heart seperate from Sora and Ventus, it was gonna happen eventually.
>>
File: Kingdom Hearts.jpg (249KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Hearts.jpg
249KB, 1600x1200px
>>
File: Aya Brea.jpg (162KB, 750x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Aya Brea.jpg
162KB, 750x1300px
I wish they would give the Square side of things some more love. I would love to see Aya Brea in Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>382188251
>I wish they would give the Square side of things some more love.

They had The World Ends With You Characters in Dream Drop Distance, so they could have other Square properties show up too besides FF characters.
>>
>>382177616
Is gay would have been another acceptable answer.
>>
>>382187708
Xion is still dead
>>
>>382188251
That one fat kid was wearing Sion's clothes from The Bouncer
>>
>>382187975
"Hey Ventus, I stole your look, gained my own heart, and have a better personality, hope you don't mind." On a more serious note, will Roxas still have the ability to duel wield once he gets his own heart? I know he has the ability solely because he's part of Ventus/Sora but since he's technically his own person now, what happens? Then there's Sora who will probably keep the ability to duel wield somehow even after releasing all the hearts he has in him knowing Tetsuya.
>>
>>382188505
Who the fuck even played The Bouncer?
>>
DUWAL WEELD
>>
>>382188553
The rule is really One Heart (That can wield) = One Keyblade.
>>
File: Bravely Default.png (1MB, 1084x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bravely Default.png
1MB, 1084x900px
>>382188251
>No Bravely Default characters in Kingdom Hearts.
>>
File: 1497716776292s.jpg (2KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497716776292s.jpg
2KB, 93x125px
>>382181402
>shitting on someone for not playing Square's cash grabs
shameful, KH1+2 are the only ones worth playing
>>
>>382187472
That wasn't my argument at all, Xehanort is very apparently meant to be Satan and that manifests in snakelike behaviour. This is a trope that had been seen so many times to deny it is a special kind of idiocy.

Destiny Isles is quite obviously the Garden of Eden because it is the origin of the story, every thing is perfect and none of the characters have any motivation to leave until Xehanort (the snake) appears to Riku and tempts him with adventure. It fulfils the archetypical role of the setting.

The X subseries was made after the fact, and as a result I don't factor it into my analysis. It doesn't subvert my interpretation. If anything it illustrates a pre religious, pagan understanding of the Keyblade mythology. It could also represent a pre-enlightenment society. There are many interpretations.

The problem is also that you're promoting a chronological view of the series when the point is that the beginning lies with Sora, the phenomenology of the events is fundamentally based on him being the saviour. And this is completely backed up by so much religious iconography including a Christlike sacrifice that to deny it, again, is idiocy.
>>
>>382188682
The game universe cannot handle Edea's thighs.
>>
>>382188553
Honestly they made a fucking mess by even implying Roxas would come back. There's so much shit they would have to gloss over or rework for it to make any sense.
>>
So, I wonder if they are going to reveal the other members of the True Organization XIII in the marketing of the game or they are going to be kept a secret until the game comes out.
>>
File: dominiquecross.jpg (9KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
dominiquecross.jpg
9KB, 168x192px
>>382188572
The Bouncer was my shit man I want a sequel
>>
>>382188723
I'm playing 1 right now (for the first time more or less) and I can safely say it's a pretty bad game, in almost every aspect I can think of.

I'm truly baffled as to how it ever got a sequel, but at least that sequel is a much better game.
>>
>kingdom hearts thread
>no shota
??????
>>
>>382181310
>muh generic angsty teen is the only good character in the series

Absolutely ebin, my friend.
>>
>>382187472
No Name has no relevance, I was incorrect and thought that the name was Paradise Lost. I was using the other poster as confirmation without research. 1 point to you
>>
>>382181740
>calling someone a fag monster
>when you're playing Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>382188664
That's true but Sora is a major exception, he could simply hold a heart within him I'm assuming and have the ability to dual wield. Not so sure about the others but maybe.

>>382188890
It was handled pretty well anon. Basically if you played DDD it was said that nobodies eventually gain their own heart over at least the course of a year, so Roxas in fact gained his own heart. Basically he has has his own heart but he's sleeping inside Sora's too. Now somehow in KH3 alongside Xion & Ventus, Sora will have to find a way to free Roxas heart too without completely nerfing himself like he did in KH1 with Kairi.
>>
>>382188869
>>382188682
What is the artist's obsession with thighs?
>>
>>382181189

go to bed cran
>>
>>382188735
not the guy, but
Xehanort is not just Satan
lots of things missing; archetypically they match but the narrative is too different for both to really be 1:1 in other ways
I think the setting is way closer to eastern religious concepts than to western ones from the second game on.
>>
File: vivi chocobo.jpg (272KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
vivi chocobo.jpg
272KB, 768x1024px
>>382188251
>tfw only character from FFIX they brought in was Vivi

At least he got more of a role than a few other FF characters.
>>
>>382187472
X sub series has parallels with alchemic understanding of Keyblade and magic, it feels medieval to a point. If Ansem the Wise is meant to represent some sort of rationalist empiricism then x would be the logical precursor to that. Notice that both had utopic, dogmatic views. Ansem about knowledge, leading to Xehanort creating Heartless and evil in x.
>>
>>382189691
Very correct, I never said they were 1:1 and the point of divergence is where it gets good.
>>
>>382189139
>generic angsty teen
Nigga Roxas doesn't angst, he just gets fucking mad
Angst would be brooding and acting like a complete twat, Roxas goes out and busts shit up when shit goes wrong
>>
>>382188735
>Xehanort is very apparently meant to be Satan and that manifests in snakelike behaviour.
Except that you have to stretch REALLY far to make these connections

Oh, he wriggles his fingers, that makes him a snake? Gimme a break.
The concept of knowledge itself is the Tree of Knowledge? What's the apple, anon? Who is Eve? You haven't even fully expressed this critical moment of the Eden story.

Riku is certainly no Eve, and Kairi sure as hell isn't Adam. Sora is apparently Jesus though, because he made a sacrifice which definitely never happens in fiction unless it's a biblical allusion.

Who are Terra, Aqua and Ventus? Eraqus? Yen Sid? Mickey? Where does the rest of the BbS cast fit into this? Why does only Xehanort seem to matter in this interpretation?

You're just throwing shit out for convenience.

>The X subseries i made after the fact
But Xehanort was made after KH1
And it isn't even revealed that Riku met the Robed Figure on the islands until Re:coded.

Using KH1 as the base floor of your analysis is fundamentally broken using this thought process because KH1 was written as a standalone title.

If you're going to arbitrarily dismiss other titles simply because they came later, your entire "analysis" falls the fuck apart.

>pagan understanding of the Keyblade mythology
But... the Master is the one who INVENTED Keyblades. This isn't a fucking mythos. They're tools made by man.

You're obviously cutting off with DDD, and I can imagine no other reason than because χ pokes a big fucking hole in your pretentious warbling.

You're trying way too hard to sound smart while talking about shit you clearly haven't fully considered, let alone understand.
>>
>>382189381
Am I the only one who thinks Roxas coming back is just fanservice and wasn't planned until DDD?
>>
>>382189942
I kind of agree. I mean it wouldn't be the first time. Remember they held off on taking out Axel twice because of his popularity with the staff/fans.
>>
>>382189868
Roxas does agnst. You can agnst without being a worthless faggot
>>
>>382189920
>What's the apple?
Knowlege of other worlds.
>implying Riku isn't eve
Just because he's a dude doesn't mean he can't serve the same purpose.
>>
>>382190070
>implying riku is eve
Wtf I love trap riku now
>>
>>382190070
Humans are cast out of Eden because Eve gave into temptation, but the Destiny Islands were restored after KH1 and they all got to go back at the end of KHII.

So like I said, wouldn't the pre-War World be a more appropriate analogue to Eden?
>>
>>382189920
>stretch really far
No, not really at all. You seem incredibly agitated by a simple allegory.

Again it's not literally the story of the Bible, it's fulfilling archetypical roles that are conducive to an interpretation. And yes sacrifice is at its core theological because it is one of the oldest stories that has been echoed throughout thousands of years.

The way I see it Riku is tempted by the knowledge of power to protect his friends. In this sense you can say that Kairi tempted him because he wants to protect her, that's a parallel in a certain way.

You didn't respond to my point about the privileging of chronology over the way you experience the events. They represent different things.
>>
>>382189920
The Keyblade is a tool in the literal sense as a weapon, but it's also a representation. It has a certain philosophy, hence why there are wielders and masters. Draw your conclusions from that.
>>
>>382190532
>it's fulfilling archetypical roles that are conducive to an interpretation.
If you take the archetypal role of Satan as "that bad guy" and nothing more, then sure.

It is absolutely a stretch to call Xehanort's finger spasms indicative of snake-like iconography.

>You didn't respond to my point about the privileging of chronology over the way you experience the events.
Because I believe an analysis requires an overview of the whole work, whereas you seem fit to arbitrarily set limiters for what does and does not factor in.

Xehanort exists within a context, and you're stripping the context to better suit your needs.
>>
>>382190849
The whole body of work is incomplete and not yet connected. To analyse it at this post is speculation, which fortunately I find very fun.

My interpretation matches up with the standalone experience, and I've made links to other titles. I'm hardly setting limiters, if anything you are by saying that the Inerpretation can only be chronological.

>Xehanort is only Satan in that he's a bad guy
Uh, yes. Every bad guy appears in a paradise and tempts the protagonists with forbidden knowledge of the outside world and possesses people. Get a clue my friend.
>>
File: 1498257514026.gif (3MB, 262x347px) Image search: [Google]
1498257514026.gif
3MB, 262x347px
>>382188869
>>
>>382191228
>I'm hardly setting limiters
Except that you said χ doesn't factor "because it was made after the fact"

Which as I explained is completely arbitrary and fucks up your entire logic.
I mean, why even consider BbS or DDD?
Surely you'd have much more sound reasoning if you limited yourself to KH1.

>Every bad guy appears in a paradise and tempts the protagonists with forbidden knowledge of the outside world and possesses people.
And Satan I suppose has a monopoly on these ideas.

You know Xehanort was born in Destiny Islands. Was he not himself tempted with forbidden knowledge? Does that not fit your requirements for Eve?
This information is part of BbS so surely you considered it.

Is Young Xehanort Satan as well? Because he has yet to wield No Name (part of the influence that creates Master Xehanort), he doesn't make the same """snake-like""" mannerisms.
You considered that too, right?
>>
>>382177575
>15 DAYS TILL THE NEXT TRAILER
>>
Kingdom hearts sin my favorite vidya series and all these people bashing it aren't triggering me

Pls stop ;_;
>>
>>382189510
don't know, don't really care
they're great games regardless
>>
>>382192120
It's not that I'm not factoring in x, I just didn't privilege it in my interpretation. I didn't consider it relevant, perhaps I will now think it over. It doesn't change the fact that the original KH is the origin of every subsequent KH story regardless of chronology. Think about it literally, Nomura wrote the first KH and then figured out the rest.

>Satan has a monopoly on those ideas
Pretty much in modern society, yes. It is one of the oldest conceptions of evil and people base a lot from the guy. There are other theological depictions of evil as such, but Satan is by far the most popular.

>Xehanort was born on Destiny Islands
Only further proves my point. However, this is also evident of the Eastern tradition, particularly the way of nature that conflict repeats through time.
BBS is also evident of this, Eraqus clearly embodying a Samurai ethos.
>>
>>382181161
>Can somebody please explain to me what the deal with Xehanort is?
Everyone that isn't Sora is Xehanort. Everyone that isn't Xehanort is Sora.
>>
>>382192887
>Pretty much in modern society, yes.
From a Western perspective, perhaps.
But this is a Japanese game.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.