[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kero Blaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: UCR.png (35KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
UCR.png
35KB, 960x640px
This game actually runs perfectly on my netbook with 1.6GHz single core Atom and 1GB of RAM. Even the original Cave Story drops frames on this. While other pixelshit devs rely on bloated engines, Pixel produces the most optimized engine I have seen in over 15 years.
>>
I wonder if he is working on more games
>>
>>382176550
Would you guys actually want a Cave Story 2 or is the game perfect as is?
>>
>>382176619
Cave story doesnt need a sequel.
I like that he didnt cash in on it, unlike greedy nicalis who cant stop rerererereleasing a freeware game while giving pixel no money for it
>>
>>382176550
I wish, he just seems to be milking Kero Blaster and the last thing he did was port it to PS4. Nothing new since 2015.
>>
>>382176825
To be fair he takes a long time between games. I was not expecting anything else from him after cave story.
>>
>>382176825
I guess sitting on it would be more accurate than milking it. Kinda discouraging not seeing any information about new stuff though.
>>
>>382175710

Maybe because he's an actually talented programmer instead of a gamemaker baby?
>>
>>382176774
> unlike greedy nicalis who cant stop rerererereleasing a freeware game while giving pixel no money for it
Are you serious? Pixel doesn't get anything from all of that? That's fucked.
>>
The soundtrack is so comfy.
http://0x0.st/0rz.mp3
>>
>>382177859
I don't but Pink Hour and Pink Heaven are free tasters that use the same engine and basically act as demos.
>>
Love this game, have a bump
>>
>>382175710
I've still yet to play Kero Blaster
Bought it a while ago
Might actually get around to it once my USB SNES controller arrives
>>
File: 1402959663373.gif (2MB, 355x240px) Image search: [Google]
1402959663373.gif
2MB, 355x240px
>>382176774

>CS+ is 30 FUCKING DOLLARS DIGITALLY on the Switch
>>
>>382178485
I don't think it would play any better with a controller, I found that I would aim in the wrong direction constantly in Cave Story when I tried it with one, and I beat the game on Hard with it. Maybe the dpad was too loose, but that happens with USB ones.

>>382178689
And it doesn't even include the original graphics and music (which are infinitely better than the garbage remade ones).
>>
>>382178812
I'm not specifically waiting for the controller to play it, but it should be arriving any day now
The one I got was a very good brand that was praised for how pretty much identical it was to a real snes controller, so hopefully it isn't cheap shit
>>
>>382178970
If it's iBuffalo that's where I got mine. If it's 8bitdo I heard the opposite and would be wary of input lag from wireless shit but I don't know.
>>
>>382175710
>Even the original Cave Story drops frames on this
jesus man i didn't even know this was possible
cave story is the first thing i download on every computer i have
>>
>>382179079
Yup, it was iBuffalo
I'm gonna be upset is 2k positive reviews on amazon are wrong
>>
>>382179173
Makes it all the more impressive that a game by the same guy released a decade later can run perfectly. The only other games I have tried that are this well optimized are old ones like Caesar III and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

>>382179236
I was using the Famicom one. Might have been a bad one, but it did seem overrated and a bit cheap to me. The Sufami one as well, though I didn't use it too much.
>>
>>382175710
Kero Blaster+ when?
>>
>>382179678
Hopefully they improved the quality of the controller from the famicom one to the snes one
>>
>>382179828
Nicalis can't fool Pixel anymore with Playism to back him up.
>>
File: 0rq.png (21KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
0rq.png
21KB, 960x640px
Little advice to anyone thinking of playing it, make sure you have time set aside, it's hard to stop playing. Luckily it's only ~4 hours to finish the main game, though the achievements/stamps, zangyou and omake can easily stretch it to 20+.
>>
>>382180817
Exactly what happened to me the first time I played it when it was new
I need to find a download to the latest version.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.