[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about to start this game for the first time any tips? is two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Morrowind_1.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_1.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
about to start this game for the first time
any tips?
is two handed katana worth it?
also morrowind thread because the other one is shit
>>
>>382170653
Don't listen to any of the metagaming faggots that are about to flood this thread and just play the damn game
>>
>>382170653
Daedric dai-katana is fucking god tier
>>
>>382170653
It's been a long time but I think that's one of the best base weapons in the game, go for it.
>>
>>382170653
Uninstall this meme repulsive piece of shit and play a good game instead

Seriously only a bunch of autismos praise this game because of muh nostalgia glasses , it's old so that means its good right guise !?
>>
Only changes
Overhaul mod
Graphics mod
Cheat your run speed up

Play the game and look nothing up. It wasn't made with wiki guides and shit in mind. Explore.
>>
Garbage game, even worse than STALKER games.
Not even mods can save it.
Install Oblivion instead.
>>
Don't be a faggot and cheat yourself out of natural exploration by bee-lining to all the good loot. Explore as you naturally would. Sole exceptions: if you get lost on the way to Caius or can't figure out how to do his first quest, just look up the info online. That shit was infuriating back in the day.
>>
>>382171286
t. oblivion player
>>
>>382171415
I haven't played Oblivion, but I'm pretty sure it's better than this pile of shit
>>
Oh yeah, and be sure to save constantly. Game crashes every forty-five minutes or so. And prep up for using the console to unstick yourself from the floor and walls, too.
>>
>>382171513
I didn't have either of these issues. Maybe don't have a shit PC?
>>
>>382171604
Not him, but I had the same issues. Looks like you're lying.
>>
>>382171297
It was made with the paper map in mind, though. You're allowed to use that.

>tfw mine fell apart from overuse
F
>>
>>382170653
It's important you don't fuck yourself over during character creation. You want to match your favorite attributes with your major skills if you can.
or you could go with a default class I guess
>>
>>382171769
>you could go with a default class I guess
Don't do that.

Watch this nigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOL2IxnnfYU
>>
File: mapmorrenormous.jpg (3MB, 2668x3095px) Image search: [Google]
mapmorrenormous.jpg
3MB, 2668x3095px
>>382170653
here's a digital copy
I think it's real neat in addition to being a useful resource
>>
>>382171963
whoops, meant to reply to this anon >>382171749
>>
>>382170653
Don't play the game just read lore instead if you're interested in the story. It is completely outdated and a total snore fest for anyone that regularly plays modern releases of the genre. If you're deadset on playing the game vanilla make sure you play a mage so you can use magic because that and the enhancement/alchemy system are the only things making this game even bearable.

Early game is a total bore except for the novelty of the new areas that'll wear off in ten minutes but that you'll have to stay in for an hour to make sure you get some quests done.
>>
>>382171749
Yes, the key is to deal with the ingame system. It won't hold your hand and the exploration is part of the game. There are unique locations with stories to tell with characters, notes, or just the objects scattered around.

>>382171769
Good point on attributes. The leveling system is a bit quirky in that you only level with the selected skills. I seem to remember not leveling on purpose but I don't remember why, morrowind has leveled spawns or no?

>>382171681
nice try samefag
>>
>>382171963
Oh shit I had this on my wall when I played.
>>
>>382170653
make sure you have the right stats to compliment your skill choices and make sure your fatigue bar isn't drained when you fight shit. These two things are why your see those webms of people swinging at shit and not doing damage
>>
>>382170653
Resist the urge too look up the quest guides, the urge will be strong sometimes.
>>
>>382172315
Basically don't sprint everywhere. I recommend cheat increasing your run speed at least a bit. The starting speed is silly. Eventually you can get potions and items to increase speed.

Make sure to use those scrolls the fuzzy hat and robes guy left next to his body outside of town. No need to save first.
>>
>>382171468
Dead wrong oblivitard.

Oblivion fans are so salty about Morrowind, Skyrim made their worthless game redundent. Now they want nostalgia status, hey asshole first the game has to be good.
>>
>>382172636
You're just being delusional.
Oblivion has got the best from Morrowind and Skyrim combined in one game. The latter two are the redundant ones.
>>
>>382172858
I GUESSED CORRECTLY!

>Could you spare a coin for an old begger
Different voice
>Thank you kind sir.

Level scailing is superior to Morrowind and Skyrim?

I can't remember ever playing Oblivion and not being bored out of my mind, stupid fucking awful game. Shudup!
>>
File: 1438815091501.jpg (30KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1438815091501.jpg
30KB, 440x660px
>>382172858
>You're just being delusional

Do you even hear the trash coming out of your mouth?
>>
>>382172858
Yeah the best like that fucking autistic levelling system and shitty voice acting mixed with sponge enemies and complete butchering of the lore.
I cannot tell if people genuinely liked that game or if all posts are bait anymore
>>
>>382172858
>Oblivion has got the best from Morrowind and Skyrim combined in one game.
Stop pretending to be retarded for (You)s.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.