[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want one but the bending worries me /v/. Is it still a problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: nintchdbpict000313557182.jpg (73KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000313557182.jpg
73KB, 576x768px
I want one but the bending worries me /v/. Is it still a problem?
>>
Just don't be a fucking retard
>>
>>382160667
They didn't make it out of Nintendium this time.
>>
Have you noticed that there are only 3 or so images of the bending actually in effect?

Do you want to know why that is?
>>
Don't grip it like a fucking gorilla or slam dunk it into the dock treat it like you would a tablet because thats what it is
>>
>>382160970
Because 5 examples of it was enough?
>>
File: wuttheactualfuq.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
wuttheactualfuq.gif
3MB, 300x236px
>>382160667
whoa whoa whoa... what kind of chinese bend is this?
>>
>>382160667
who design this shit
>>
Mine is still straight, unlike OP.
>>
>>382160970
Because it wasn't designed correctly
>>
>>382161219
nice one!
>>
>>382160667
The bending is just a manufacturing slight that affected a very small portion of mainly North American switches.
And even then, it has zero issues on performance.

What are you worried about?
>>
>>382161501
muh symmetry
>>
>>382160667
Was a problem caused by putting pressure on carry cases that don't have space for the triggers apparently, by overstuffing them.
>>
>>382161078
Not out of 3+ million or more sold. There is literally only those 3-5 photos floating out there and a bunch of news stories from around the same week showing the same photos claiming they were warped from heat in the dock.

We don't know the stories behind those photos. Could be like bent phones and laptops that were sat on. Could have come from the factory like that but doubtful.

Also, every single switch is "bent". The plastic back panel is not perfectly flat by design. There is a very slight curve along the edges to where the joycons attach. Front panel is perfectly flat, back panel has a subtle and practically unnoticeable curve that you'll need a ruler or straight edge to see. This article has two of the photos of a noticeably bent switch toward the top but the rest of it is just freaking it about the back panel:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.technobuffalo.com/2017/04/03/nintendo-switch-console-warping-bending/amp/

The tweet from "angie" specifically and the accompanying pic. Every single switch is designed that way.
>>
>>382161501
>why is he worried something he paid $300 is defective
>>
>>382160779
How can he do that while buying Nintendo?
>>
>>382161812
>defective
You'd have to be an incredibly unlucky dude to actually get a bent Switch. But even then, as stated. The bent really has no effect on anything.

Every piece of hardware you buy has a risk having some defect to it. But defects are stopped and not continuously reproduced after having been found out. And you'd have to be really unlucky to get a fulty product. No matter if you're purchasing a phone, a TV, a laptop, or a new microwave. The Switch isn't that special.
>>
How is plugging one of these into the dock? Is it fiddly to hit the USB-C connector first time?
>>
>>382162743
Not at all. It kinda just slides in and works.

If I didn't know any better I would have assumed it used magnets or something but no
>>
>>382162743
>Is it fiddly to hit the USB-C connector first time?
Kinda yeah, even after using it for so long, the Switch doesn't really click into place once placed in the dock.
>>
>>382163116
Are we using the same system? Even when I actively try to put it in unevenly it slides itself into place
>>
>>382163726
Not that guy but I googled it and theres a switch mechanism that moves the USB-C connector towards the Switch when you put it in to make it easier
>>
>>382160667
It was never a problem
>>
>>382162743
No. It pretty much slides into it by itself. It's hard to avoid it.
However, in my own experience at the very least. It also pops off easily. So if you touch the Switch for whatever reason while it's docked, you'll unlikely undock and re-dock it by doing so, causing the connection with the TV to reset, taking a moment.
It's hardly a big issue, but a bit annoying.
>>
>>382160964
you can literally drop it from 1k feet and cut a hole in the middle and it still works
>>
what are some obscure games for 3ds? the more original the better. also is there any need for n3ds since i don't give a fuck about monster hunter?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.