[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 10 Video Game Laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1497713948323.png (24KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497713948323.png
24KB, 800x600px
1. Gameplay is more important than graphics.
2. Fun things are fun.
3. All opinions are subjective.
4. Nostalgia distorts your opinions.
5. Sex sells.
6. Exclusivity does not contribute to the quality or enjoyment of a video game.
7. Yuri always improves the quality and enjoyment of a video game.
8. Online games cannot be paused.
9. If you're bad at a game, you have no right to call it shit.
10. Comfy games must be played when there is no sunlight.
>>
2 and 3 are obsolete. Fun might be subjective but quality isn't. If that's the case then sonic 06 is a good game since it's "fun".

Also disagree with 9. Just because you're not good at sonic 06 doesn't mean you can't call it shit.
>>
>fun

If you can't describe this without using the word fun, then it doesn't mean anything and isn't a valid way to measure the objective quality of a video game.
>>
>>382160289
adasd
>>
>>382160937

Fun is just the description of your experience with the game. You might not be able to tell in which way or why is the game fun, but you can perfectly know if it works for you.

If it is indeed fun to you, no "objective argument" will make you not find it fun anymore. And while it is not something objectively measurable, it's the ultimate goal the game maker must aim for.

So yeah, if it's fun to you, there's no shitposting way around it. Objective quality my ass.
>>
>1. Gameplay is more important than graphics.
Yes.
>2. Fun things are fun.
Means absolutely nothing.
>3. All opinions are subjective.
Opinions can be and often are wrong and stupid.
>4. Nostalgia distorts your opinions.
Yes.
>5. Sex sells.
No shit.
>6. Exclusivity does not contribute to the quality or enjoyment of a video game.
Yes. It does, however, play a major factor in determining whether or not a system is worth purchasing.
>7. Yuri always improves the quality and enjoyment of a video game.
Maybe if you're a 14-year-old weeb.
>8. Online games cannot be paused.
Yes.
>9. If you're bad at a game, you have no right to call it shit.
Games are objectively good or bad independent of the skill level of whomever happens to be playing them at the moment.
>10. Comfy games must be played when there is no sunlight.
>comfy meme
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>382160289
>Exclusivity does not contribute to the quality
it does when one of the platforms is objectively significantly better than the others
>>
File: images(33).jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
images(33).jpg
9KB, 210x240px
>>382160937
He is using old K-On memes

Mugi best grill
>>
>>382160289
>Yuri always improves the quality and enjoyment of a video game.
No.
>>
>Yuri
Stopped reading right there. Kill yourself, fag-lover.
>>
>>382160289
I want to ravage Aqua's anus!
>>
File: 1498677093483.gif (273KB, 438x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498677093483.gif
273KB, 438x360px
>>382160289
>gameplay over graphics
Yep. Ugly games that play well can be good. Clunky games that look good are bad games.
>fun's fun
Yep. /v/ likes to throw autistic fits over the word fun, but at the end of the day, what matters is whether a game was an enjoyable experience or not.
The "objective quality" of games/albums/movies/whatever is a worthless and retarded thing to measure.
>opinions are subjective
Yeah, that's part of the definition of the word opinion you did it congrats.
>nostalgia distorts opinions
I don't think anyone can argue this, we've all replayed and then hated a game we loved as a kid
>sex sells
There were like 50 Haydee threads a day for a while. You fucks will buy anything thicc admit it
>exclusives don't improve
yeah exclusives are a cancer on the industry desu, but I'm sure some sony/microsoft/nintyfag is gonna screech at me for this. There's no real benefit to exclusives except to console manufacturers, but hardware/development costs and competitiveness make exclusivity the nature of the beast.
>mashing vegetas
you can only have 9 laws if you can't think of a tenth it's ok besides we both know /v/ is trap country
>>>/u/
>no mom I can't pause it I'll do the dishes in a minute
Yeah, MOM. C'MON MOOOOMM. LEAVE ME ALONE WHEN I PLAY VIDEO GAME, MOOOOMMMMMM.
>git gud to have an opinion
I guess? I mean the learning curve/playability of a game is an important factor. Dorf fort is probably fucking great once you get into it, but the fact that you have to study for years and become a wizard to play it is a valid complaint.
>night comfy is the only comfy
Somebody has never known the true comfy of playing in the late afternoon/twilight, sunbeams streaming in through the window. That shit is some valid and powerful comf.
>>
>>382164836
Careful there, fag. She's one of my waifus
>>
>>382160289
>10. Comfy games must be played when there is no sunlight.

I can't wait one quadrillion to ten undecillion years.
>>
>>382165953
>one of my waifus
Okay never mind I'll settle for ravaging your face instead.
>>
>>382160289
>Online games cannot be paused.
False.
>>
I remember when 4chan was informed and intelligent not a funnel for kiddies that were banned everywhere else for being irreparably fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1497097349019.gif (1MB, 540x624px) Image search: [Google]
1497097349019.gif
1MB, 540x624px
>>382165953
>not being loyal to a single waifu
disgusting.
>>
File: Kinda Edgier.png (50KB, 845x280px) Image search: [Google]
Kinda Edgier.png
50KB, 845x280px
>>382165953
I want to BULLY Aqua and keep her as my PET.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.