[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is God Eater 2 actually good or is it bad. I like Monster Hunter.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

is God Eater 2 actually good or is it bad.

I like Monster Hunter.
>>
>>382159419
guess it sucks
>>
>>382160016
It takes whats satisfying in monster hunter and makes it really really fucking dull

also some anime plot because those are important
>>
>>382159419
For the current price on PC it's a good pick. You will get tons of hours of gameplay for cheap.
>>
I fell for the "this is monster hunter!" meme

It feels like complete shit to play and the combat is no where near what MH is
>>
The more you like monster hunter the less you will like this due to all the things it does wrong
>>
>>382159419
It's a bullet maker with monster hunter gameplay tacked on.
The true challenge is how ridiculous you can make your ammo.
>>
I'm very disappointed. I'm 2 hours in, and this game is the epitome of weebshit. I'm into even moeshit, but so far all:
>"cute" girl in skimpy clothing and cat ears, who just looves eating tee-hee
>the pathetic comic relief guy, who squees for some idol in the most intolerable way imaginable
>unfriendly fat authority figure
Only tolerable character so far is the captain guy, and that's because so far he has only talked about tutorials. I've just got a new guy with an attitude, will have to see if he's any more tolerable than the others.
The dub is also fucking terrible, you'll likely have to mute it. The dialogue is so embarrasing you almost feel bad for the actors, but clearly no one gave a fuck and just looked forward to the paycheck.

Don't fall for the MH meme, this game doesn't feel anywhere near as well-polished.
>>
I bought this because /v/ said it was good and it was about hunting monsters.

I regret my purchase deeply. If you want a game about hunting monsters, play Monster Hunter. This is an incredibly waterred down version of MH at best, but with anime.

Combat is boring, areas are tiny, and the music for the base is loud and repetitive as fuck. And for an area you spend between every mission, it gets on your nerves very quickly.
>>
The first game is legitimately an okay game providing you don't spend all your game time to playing it and just come back to it every week or something
Solid difficulty curve, some fun gameplay mechanics, some good music too, and best girl Sakuya

The second game is trash and a con job, just reusing assets from the first game, it's not a sequel at all it's fucking DLC at best
The characters go from sufferable to hateable, very quickly
The audio sounds ripped directly from the Vita and sounds fucking terrible on a TV
I can't believe Bandai Namco had the audacity to release this shit on the PS4 and market it as a PS4 game
I can forgive the first game looking like shit because it's a portable game from 2011, but this is 2-3 years later and it's the same game
I cannot stress this enough, it IS the same game, just more of the same missions in the same arenas
The only difference is the 'blood arts' which are just spam moves to cheese your way through missions,
even though it will take you just as long by critically attacking by sniping weak points, no matter what you do the missions are gonna take you 10 mins a piece
Never been angry at myself and a dev for buying a game before but I felt grifted for the first time and I can't let this go
Also every character from the first game returns except best girl Sakuya, unforgivable
>>
>>382159419
its good imo, but its not really like MH
>>
>>382159419
I haven't played it but it sucks
>>
It's not Monster Hunter, but it's a fun giant monster beat em up.
If you enjoy the monhun genre then you'll probably enjoy this provided you already really like anime.
That being said, it's easier,faster paced, and more forgiving than monster hunter so if you're looking for a "I make a mistake and die" kind of game you won't get that here. But it's still a good ride for the price. Areas are a bit repetitive though.
>>
File: 1431952895333.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1431952895333.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>>382159419
>mfw I see this thread and mistakenly read God Hand 2
>>
>>382160016
it's like a monster hunter lite but anime
fwiw i liked Resurrection a lot more, the predator styles system gives you a lot of mobility
>>
>>382168106
>the predator styles system gives you a lot of mobility

>Play one then two like a good boy
>Spend 2 hours googling how to devour dash in 2 after playing for a bit
>Find out I will never be able to go fast
So hard to play the second after dashing around in the firsts remake
>>
>>382159419
If your looking for a PC monhun I would suggest toukiden 2. GE wasn't bad but a decent amount of enjoyment for me came from crafting the absurd bullets you can make. solid ok game.
>>382168106
I'm on the other boat, I can't stand playing without blood arts.
>>
>>382159419
Imagine MH but the attacks have no weight, also it's easy and very anime with huge jumps and dumb flashy attacks.

That's right, it's just a bad DMC clone.
>>
>>382160016
Think of elemental paper, rock, scissors combined with immunity to certain kinds of weapons. That's God Eater 2. Even when you have the perfect weapons, enemies will still have multiple defenses against them.
>>
File: 1413233626324.jpg (474KB, 852x868px) Image search: [Google]
1413233626324.jpg
474KB, 852x868px
>>382159419
it removes almost everything of Monster Hunter that isn't directly connected with fighting monsters, adds really dull anime characters and a story that nobody cares about and tops it off with overall shitty monster designs
>>
In GE1 you do the same shit over and over and in the same areas and the same enemies (and theri recolors). The game doesn't require much skill

got bored of 2 after three hours
>>
>>382165340

Why doesn't Sakuya return?
>>
>>382162472
What if I like both?
>>
>>382172183
She's preggo with Lindow's kid.
>>
File: Hannibal-Rendered-Render.png (592KB, 900x940px) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal-Rendered-Render.png
592KB, 900x940px
>>382171775
I think this was the only monster type I really liked fighting, especially when they get pissed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.