[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ace Attorney

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: Sal.gif (23KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Sal.gif
23KB, 256x192px
Fucking hell this guy's dialogue really dates the (otherwise enjoyable) first game hard. Don't think anyone remembers "l33t humor" anymore.
>>
the trilogy is full of outdated memes
>>
>>382146082
>only the trilogy
>>
Just played Dual Destinies. Pretty meh, honestly. First case was decent enough, the youkai thing was fun if a bit weird considering the supernatural clearly exists, the legal academy was probably the best case, and the final two were a bit shit. I mean, Fullbright? Really?
>>
>>382145601
That game came out in 2005 when "l33t sp34k"' was still considered funny

Thats why games should avoid using internet memes, they tend to go out of style very quickly
>>
I think it's a nice throwback, to be honest.

It's kind of like watching a youtube video from 2006 like murder of Adoring Fan.

Just makes me remember the times when I had leas cares, or just makes me idolize the past.
>>
>>382145601
Apollo Justice was better than the original trilogy. Fight me.

>no ghost/medium bullshit
>the bracelet mechanic has an actually good in-universe explanation
>actually coherent plot about Phoenix manipulating everyone to change the justice system
>the story is well tied-up, no loose ends
>the main villain of the game is introduced immediately in the first case instead of being introduced somewhere at the end of the game like it was in the original trilogy
>>
>>382147108
>>actually coherent plot about Phoenix manipulating everyone to change the justice system
friendly reminder that that never went anywhere in RL or in the game's story and was never mentioned again
>>
>>382147108
>no medium bullshit
Phoenix did use his magatama in the fourth case

>good in-universe explanation
It's the same as fucking Maya's spirit medium, Apollo and Trucy are just born with super sensitivity, Apollo has an edge over Trucy because his bracelet also magically tightens when someone spreads bullshit pheromones. It's not better or smarter, it's the same magic.

>coherent plot
>about Phoenix doing what he told to Miles not to do in first game
>b-because he knows better!

>no loose ends
Apollo's entire character was a loose end. He never got a development, he never found out Trucy is his sister, his mom is alive and his dad. that's what took two new games to flesh out and only now he became one of the favorite characters.

>main villain introduced in the beginning
DAHLIA HAWTHORNE.
>>
File: uU8dEVh.png (738KB, 600x1583px) Image search: [Google]
uU8dEVh.png
738KB, 600x1583px
>>382147108

Apollo justice is worse just for the whole gramarye ark
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (20KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
20KB, 258x196px
>>382148372
Why was Magnifi such an asshole?

Did he seriously just drop his dead daughter's body in sand monkey land?

How did he not notice she was alive?
>>
>>382147108
Why do people keep saying this as if the cases didn't get even more ridiculous after the Feys retired from the main plot, somehow?
>>
>>382147108
Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC at the beginning of the last case when you examine the 3 paintings, underneath the paintings they turn out to be sketches of the 1st three cases that Apollo handled, and they made it seem like that was going to lead to something big like someone pulling the strings, but then never touched on it again. I know Pheonix was the one pulling all the strings but I don't think that there was any connection between him and those sketches. Why were they there in the first place?
>>
>>382145601
>h3 c4n'7 1n70 l337 5p34k
fuck 0ff br41nl37
>>
>>382149016
I had several questions about this, but apparently it was because hurrdurr the artist probably heard about the news and randomly decided to draw sketches of the cases for the hell of it.

I still say the artist knew something we didn't.
>>
>>382147108
I didn't't hate Apollo Justice but I actually got pissed at the 3rd case, and I didn't't even hate the clown case in Justice for All that Much. Also fuck hobo Phoenix.
>>
>>382149016
They only told you that the artist was following the Wright law offices because of Phoenix's last case. No idea why he made the sketches, though.
>>
>>382148756
He was less of an asshole and more of a complete fucking retard. Zak is the real asshole.
>>
>>382147108
AJ's "replacements" for ghost/medium bullshit were even worse though.

Psyche Lockes were just a way to have cross-examinations outside of the courtroom, and it functioned in the exact same way. Percieve was trial-only in AJ despite investigation segments being the part that needs the added variety, and also just adds a slow ass pixel hunt element to the game which was an aspect of the series no one every praised to begin with.
Also while Psyche Lockes ran on the same "trip people up with words and evidence" logic, Percieve runs on the logic that Apollo can't out-talk shitty uni students without resorting to his eyesight superpower.

People complain that Mia pops up to help Phoenix too occasionally, whereas every single case in AJ featured Apollo being handheld by almost every supporting main cast member across every case.

You could also argue that the ghost stuff is just plain dumb, yet you're saying that AJ's plot of Phoenix being disbarred from the legal profession but put in charge of legal reform and literally choosing who sits in the jury of the trial heavily related to the original case where he got disbarred in the first place wasn't?

AJ's heart was mostly in the right place, it was executed terribly though. I don't hate Apollo himself but they should've just held off on the new protag for the time being and just had Phoenix fail to save his client due to Kristoph or whatever and the game following him trying to fix that.
>>
>>382145601
They had to localise the original's japanese nerdspeak somehow. It worked at the time.

>>382146082
IN WEST CLOWNADELPHIA
>>
Reminder you will never kiss Franny.
>>
File: 876368.jpg (32KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
876368.jpg
32KB, 500x455px
>>382151295
She's saving herself for her special someone, anon.
>>
>>382151295
i'd rather kiss dahlia
>>
>>382149249
>br41nl37
123|\/|0\/3 |\|3\/\/|=4@5
>>
File: not_wright.jpg (34KB, 348x327px) Image search: [Google]
not_wright.jpg
34KB, 348x327px
>>382151613
>she never gave that card to Phoenix like she said she would
>>
>>382152120
She forgot
>>
>>382148372
>>382148756
Out of all the Gramaryes I legit think that Valant is the worst. He shares Zak's same haughty attitude for sure but he actually planned to carry out a murder and even when that failed he still tried to get Zak arrested. Zak only acted the way he did because Valant forced him to.
>>
>>382152120
>>382152208
She talked about returning it to him the next time she met him in the courtroom. Which technically hasn't happened again yet. Though yeah she could've just given it to the guy in 3-5, I doubt Takumi forgot since 2 was written with a sequel in mind and all, it's weird.
>>
>>382152120
They're saving that for Ace Attorney 7 :^)
>>
D'you think we're ever getting Gyakuten Kenji/Prosecutor's Path 3?
>>
>>382153158
Of course and Gumshoe will return too.
Right? ;__;
>>
>>382153221
Nope.
>>
>>382153221
Never
>>
>>382152850
Zak tried to discredit Phoenix despite knowing full well that poker nonsense was the only source of income for both Phoenix and his own fucking daughter. Then when his accomplice flubbed up and attacked her for no reason
>>
>>382153554
Fug. I still don't understand why they never localized the second game. Thank God for the fan translation.
>>
>>382146705
> triumphant execution of adoring fan
> that juxtaposition of Bridge of Khazad-Dum and Mines if Motia themes
>>
>>382153709
First off, Phoenix was paid for being a pianist, not a poker player. Second, Zak was a gigantic poker nut and just wanted to beat Phoenix at Poker not matter what. He's completely justified in attacking his accomplice since he paid good money for her to help him and she went and fucked it all up. Cheating at Poker is actually much more difficult than you think and Zak is very ballsy for trying that.
>>
>>382146481
The sequel is even worse. It adds even more bullshit and shit-tier fanservice and it fucks up a characters backstory (and potential future) for good. There's less Athena, but still.
>>
>>382154157
Zak was actively trying to ruin Wright's career even further, by framing him as a fraud. The same man who has been raising his daughter for zero compensation.
>>
>>382153221
If we do it won't be coming here
>>
>>382154434
>implying Apollo's "hey this is my oldest friend who I've literally never mentioned before whoops fuck he's dead" wasn't bullshit already
>>
>>382154157
Phoenix is ass as a pianist and admits to being hired solely for poker
>>
>>382154831
I've never heard you talk about your oldest friend Anon
>>
>>382154831
???

I said it added even MORE bullshit. That means that Apollo's childhood friend WAS bullshit. I never implied that plot point wasn't bullshit already.
>>
>>382154831
Him having a friend he never mentioned before who is now dead is fine.
That friend conveniently working in the same place Athena grew up and that not really being a factor in the plot happening but rather a freak coincidence alongside everything else is a bit of a stretch but still acceptable.

Some of the stuff in AA6 bothered me more to be honest. Like Apollo not mentioning to anyone that Phoenix was on his way to a country that completely despises defense attorneys. Or Apollo clearly not recognising Nahyuta within his own internal monologue until the plot reveals that he did know him after all.
>>
>>382146481
>Not liking the Fullbright twist

That nigga was the LAST guy I expected to be guilty.
>>
>>382155693
I hate that twist. Not entirely because of Fulbright, but because the real culprit is some other guy we'll never, ever see in the series.
>>
>>382155693
It's not like they repeat the statement that makes him obviously guilty five times or anything.

And then the fucker gets gunned down by a sniper and everyone just moves on. The fuck was that all about?
>>
>>382154491
>>382154920
So what? Zak was never planning to expose Wright publicly. He just wanted to win once.
>>
>>382155434
Apollo probably wasn't aware of the whole Defense Attorney thing while he was a child since he basically lived with Dhurke and Nahyuta in the mountains and was sent away at a very early age.
>>
>>382147108
>>actually coherent plot about Phoenix manipulating everyone to change the justice system
They completely ruined Phoenix's character so bad that Dual Destinies had to change the writing back to old Phoenix and ignore all the shit they did in AJ.
>>
People keep saying that the end of PLvAA is a "typical Layton ending", but I haven't played the Layton games, are the endings really that disappointing?
>>
>>382157051
>He just wanted to win once.
And don't forget he wanted to frame him as a fraud. Yeah, why not? The guy who was raising his daughter for 7 years.

>>382157183
It's possible as you said, but first, it was still the country where he was raised and second "wasn't aware" is a pretty disappointing excuse.
>>
>>382157467
Phoenix's character never changed. When you play as him in court you know all of his inner insecurities while he's put in the hot seat.
In AJ you don't play as him so you can't read his mind, and the only time he's ever a presence in court is when he knows he's got Kristoph by the tail because he forged evidence that only the killer would know is fake, unlike when he's defending someone and has to wing it because everyone's fucking guilty until proven innocent.
>>
>>382153086
Takumi easily could've forgotten. Remember, Franziska is an afterthought, originally it was supposed to be Miles who'd prosecute throughout second game, but his popularity made Shu think about how Miles's genius status would hold much water if he just kept losing.
>>
>>382146082
This was back when memes were somewhat amusing. Now they're all just recycled shit.

Why are people still spamming pepe and wojack? They're so mainstream it's painful to fagets here cling to them.
>>
>>382154920
OFFICIALLY he is a pianist in the club.

But he made it clear several times that he never played poker for money. There's no reason not to believe his word. His presence as unbeatable poker master was more like a tourist attraction for players who'd drink vodka and eat borscht before/while/after playing with him.
>>
>>382157840
Because the concept of the cycle of memes, and learning when to let them go for newer, fresher ones, is completely lost on them. They actually celebrate their own perception that they "kept" those two.
>>
>>382157513
The endings usually have a gigantic plot twist that is revealed and are incredibly feelsy, but Vs AA was the absolute most retarded Layton ending out of the series.
>>
>>382157513
"Layton ending" typically has a really, and I mean really huge twist, which goes beyond any logic.
It's okay in Layton series, but it isn't reliastic, even for AA standard. And as I know, the ending was very mediocre compared to other Layton games.
>>
>>382157513
It's literally the twist from the second game reused so yes.
>>
>>382158162
I was banging my head on the wall when /pol/ and /r9k/ started to wage war to 'reclaim' memes. They've probably done just as much damage as reddit when it comes to OC creation in recent years.
>>
>>382158190
Are the endings like FORCED emotional scenes or genuine? It just seems like it's less "I expected more" and more "I should've seen this bullshit coming"
>>
>>382157795
Did we play the same game? There's a flashback in the last case where you play as Phoenix 7 years in the past, and during that scene he and Gumshoe read like the person who wrote them had no idea about the past character interactions/development. I could kind of give him a pass in the present because of the shit he went through, but even then it still stands that punished no fun allowed Phoenix gets dropped in DD and is mostly back to his cheerful retarded old self.
>>
File: 1492566421917.png (470KB, 657x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1492566421917.png
470KB, 657x1206px
Maya still best waifu
>>
>>382147108
>shitty cases
>a protagonist that is outshined by basically every other member of the cast making him unlikeable
>characterization of most main and supporting cast is irritating (Lana, Trucy, Klavier stand out)
>story has at least two big loose ends (Apollo's mother and the black psych locks)
>4 cases
>sense of humor just seems lacking.

The big positives in AJ are the music, the tutorial case, and the sprite work. Everything else is middling or downright bad. It's the worst game in the franchise (AAI comes in second worst).
>>
>>382158607
Did we? Phoenix's inner monologue was the same as always.
>>
>>382158353
Layton 3's ending is genuinely one of the saddest vidya endings I have ever played and it's very genuine. 2 was also pretty great.
>>
>>382158348

The disingenuous and cynical attitudes don't really help either. People basically use 'irony' as a safety net.
>>
>>382158805
Original 3 or Prequel 3?
The family issue in Azran was a hot mess.
But Future was awesome from start to end.
>>
>>382159216
Original 3. I've only ever played the 4 games on DS, haven't touched 5 or 6.
>>
>>382159023
At this point it's because people are in their own little bubbles and need to attack anything that might challenge it. Sonyfags are a perfect example of that sort of behavior if you've seen how they've acted through all the years on /v/.

The only good years are when they're marginalized
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.