[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what the fuck was his deal again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Vayne.jpg (39KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
Vayne.jpg
39KB, 640x422px
I may have missed it, but just recently beat FFXII and all I got for this guy's motives were to move from the reliance of gods and some such/Write own history and yatta yatta? Was that all?
>>
>>382145370
The gods chose a nation and pretty much made sure it was the best one and most successful. He just wanted it to be his nation. I honestly felt like he and Ashe made pretty poor enemies. They technically want the same thing(the downfall of the occurians). A better twist would have been Larsa being the bad guy, manipulating Ashe to fight against the empire and starting a new dynasty of occurian rules.
>>
>>382145370
what, is literally giving free will to the people not enough of a cause? The Occuria were controlling people's minds to the point that their day to day lives were becoming mindless patterns (almost like a computer program).
>>
I like in the end he didn't know who the fuck you were (aside from Ashe).
>>
Square Enix has stated that they may create a new Ivalice Alliance game. What would you think of a post-Vagrant Story title?
>>
>>382145370
So these gods basically steer humanity's history since day one, right. Vayne doesn't want any of that, because muh freedom. Fortunately for him, one of the god, Venat or something was his/her name, agrees with him and wants to help him. So FFXII plot happened.

There are lot of details omitted, but that's the gist of it.
>>
>>382147554
Then they succeed, the gods fuck off and leave the world alone, and because of that the world falls into a dark age, every intelligent race other than humans goes extinct and the world is generally worse for it
>>
>>382148075
Basically, yeah.
>>
>>382145370
He wanted to re-create Raithwall the Dynast-King's legacy, external of the Occuria's support. He wanted to build a nation that wasn't provided by or culpable to the gods.

He literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>382146625
I'll swallow it whole if it doesn't have that terrible battle system.
>>
>>382148294
>literally dindu
Which makes him the more interesting villains ever written for FF series. Sure there's this issue with him killing his own family, but hey, price of freedom and all that.

Despicable as a person? Maybe, yes. Wrong as a leader? Debatatable.
>>
>>382148676
Maybe this is my Trump speaking but the best leaders are usually despised initially.

Come to think of it, The Donald and Vayne aren't all that different.
>>
File: ywMYi2R[1].png (854KB, 1200x549px) Image search: [Google]
ywMYi2R[1].png
854KB, 1200x549px
>>382148831
>Trump has god backing him up
Oh shit, where's my leading man when I need him.
>>
>>382149103
I meant more that he wanted to create a new society free from previous influences, despite being backed by external forces himself and has a load of faggy little rebels reeeeeing at everything he does.
>>
>>382148397
As long as it doesn't make the Advanced spinoffs canon I'm fine with anything
>>
Anyone hyped for the re-release?
>>
I still dont understand why they chose Gabranth for the title logo art. I mean he had SOME importance to the story, but enough to garner title logo?
>>
>>382149219
Same reason as IV's Kain. Cool as hell, probably the one of the first characters designed. There's his motivation that I feel, maybe, has something to do with XII's theme, but the exact reasoning escapes me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.