[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to them? Back in the day they were producing at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Rockstar_North_Logo.svg.png (65KB, 1200x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Rockstar_North_Logo.svg.png
65KB, 1200x1104px
What happened to them? Back in the day they were producing at least 1 or 2 game each year and they were always a big hit. Now they are riding on the GTAV microtransaction cock and they don't even care anymore. They have effectively become the same company as Blizzard and both of those companies are becoming like Valve which is the worst possible thing we can see happening.
>>
whoa its almost as if it takes longer and more expensive to make a game or something :o
>>
>>382145275

Why does it have to be longer and more expensive? I don't understand. There are more people than ever willing to work for peanuts to design video games and there is plenty of technology there to make the process simple. This saying is such a meme
>>
>>382145413
dude you are so right, you should totally start your own company bro!
>>
>>382145982

Im talking about the companies that already exist. They have more than enough resources and slave labor to make things happen because everyone wants to make video games.
>>
>>382145275
If devs could make so much CG in the 90s they should be able to make so much real-time stuff today
>>
>>382145413
>>382146074
>i don't know what i'm talking about
>>
Rockstar puts a lot of time into their games and they're always high quality. There's no cause for concern until they put out bad games.

When was their last new IP? Rockstar needs to make something new.
>>
>>382143170
Why put effort into making something when you'll make far more money just doing GTA Online?
>>
>>382146345

why dont they at least hire on another team and make Bully 2?
>>
>>382146074
>everyone wants to make video games
Everyone thinks they want to make video games. When it comes down to the 9 to 5 grind, only the strong survive long enough to be on the Rockstar level. The industry isn't really that big
>>
>>382146420
Bully 2 existed but was canceled, it's time to let it go
>>
>>382146513

why did they cancel it, senpai?
>>
OP here. Great stuff guys. Thanks to those that replied. Way more friendly than some other boards.
>>
>>382146624
No clue, but a shitton of concept arts leaked a few days ago, they were older than GTA V.
>>
>>382143170
All I want is RDR 2 desu.
>>
>>382143170
>tfw still no manhunt 3
>>
>>382146871
Shit. I took the bait. I thought Bully 2 was honestly in the works.
>>
>>382147497
Well the stuff that leaked seemed real enough, but yep, Rockstar probably isn't into that anymore
>>
>>382147274
manhunt was always mediocre...
>>
>>382146420
>>382147274
i had that dream last night were they just said fuck you to all SJW nowadays and announced both Bully 2 and Manhunt 3 advertising it the same ways in the 2000. Without caring who could get offended showing the new bully MC touching girls asses around the street and Manhunt MC graphically smashing a skull with a crowbar. What a sweet dream
>>
>>382148689
Reboot in an HD universe. in the same way that gta 3 and gta 4 and 5 play different
>>
>>382149554
than you would have people bitch and moan that it isnt the same game they grew up with
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.