[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RE7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 26

File: 3137500-0799453040-Resid.jpg (83KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
3137500-0799453040-Resid.jpg
83KB, 950x534px
Is this worth picking up?
Im of the typical mindset that 4 was great, 5 was alrightish and 6 was utter shite.

Other than its first person and is apparently more survival horror based i don't know much about it.
>>
Its like a pretty well made version of modern horror games. Think Outlast.

Its not bad, and its more horror than anything, but its pretty short.
>>
No. It's the worst RE so far. By far.
>>
>>382136158
Worse than 6?
>>
>>382136158
No it isn't. That would be Dead Aim or 6.
>>
>>382135025
You'll be more inclined to like it if you like RE1-3. It feels more like a simplified version of those games than RE4-6. Lots of focus on backtracking, puzzles, outrunning enemies, etc.

You'll also really like it if you like Evil Dead.
>>
>>382136158
>worse than 5
>worse than 6
>worse than umbrella corps or any of the meme shooter spinoffs

okay buddy whatever you say
>>
>>382135025
its pretty much 'classic res evil' but in first person. If youve played those and liked them, then youll like RE7 I guess

if you like res evil 4 and 5 for the more actiony style of play, then maybe not. RE7 is much slower
>>
>>382135025
The proper way to play would be a complete cold run in vr.
>>
>>382135025

As much as it bills itself as being a throwback to the classics, it's honestly closer to the Revelations games than anything else in that it takes the baby steps in horror those games attempted and then actually tries to make something of them. I really liked it but I also really liked the Revelations games. There's certainly shades of RE1 and RE3 in there but at best the game is dumbed down takes on those games. If you really lament RE's action turn then RE7 might scratch the itch but don't expect a bonafide return to classic form, it's still not quite there yet. Closer than the series has been in many, many years but still some work to do.
>>
>>382137123
>it's honestly closer to the Revelations games than anything else in that it takes the baby steps in horror those games attempted
Unless all you meant was that its trying to be more horror focused, I dont know why you would say that? If thats all you meant, then why does that rule out the classics which were also horror based?

the revelations games are just shittier, uglier versions of RE4 and RE5
>>
>>382135025
No.
It's shitty LP-bait ""game"", with no replay value, shit bosses and puzzles. Terrible writing to boot.
>>
>>382137986
>LP-bait ""game""
nice meme my dude
>>
It has its problems

>only 1 good boss fight out of 3. the 4th isnt really even a boss just a cinematic
>AI is way too generous on normal mode and hard mode can only be unlocked after beating the game
>moral choice is shoehorned and pretty much inconsequential to anything
>the mine section feels really rushed
>doesnt have puzzles

Despite these things I think it is above average. I would give it a 6/10. A lot of people complain about the boat section but I didnt have a problem with it. I would say it is worth like $20 because I think it does have a lot of novelty
>>
Well, I like 6, I don't think you gave it the chance it deserves.

For me REmake is my personal favorite in the series. I am most attached to Outbreak though. While all the cool kids were playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live I was spending those days on PS2 with Outbreak online. Just takes me back to that time in my life you know.

I really like Resident Evil 7 and recommend it wholeheartedly.
>>
Hello remember me?
>>
>>382138804
it isnt missing or anything. They delayed it and told us. They even made a video apologizing for this

keep up anon
>>
>>382139262
oh yea whens the release date?
>>
>>382139357
"I DONT CARE ABOUT QUALITY! I WANT IT NOW!"
>>
>>382137569

Because it is. The molded are basically the ooze reused, psychostimulants are just the scanning mechanic reskinned, the level design is that sort of sequenced, "classic RE-lite" design where it's a little bit winding but still rather straightforward in nature, and there's still a bigger emphasis on moving from setpiece to setpiece moments rather than untethered exploration. Saying a modern RE is closer to Revelations than the classics is kind of like saying a Zelda is closer to Twilight Princess than Ocarina of Time, it's all in the same vein but there's certainly differences of note.
>>
File: Jbaker.png (505KB, 654x439px) Image search: [Google]
Jbaker.png
505KB, 654x439px
>>382135025
I enjoyed it, it was definitely one of my favourite games I've played recently. It does take a dip in quality once you reach the tanker area but not enough that it hindered my enjoyment. I'd say it's definitely worth picking up just don't expect it to play like past RE games. It's closer to the originals but still quite different if that makes sense.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. Hell, I never would have if I could have helped it." ;_:
>>
>>382135025
4 was alright, but it wasn't anything like the first three. If you liked them, try RE7, don't do it if you're expecting anything like 4, 5, or 6.
>>
>>382135025
>i'm of the typical mindset of having never played any of the game mentioned
REVII is a stain upon the series that has no real reason being a mainline entry, and should've just been a spin-off.
It lacks replayability, has no extra modes, is way too short in comparison to the last 5 mainline games, and has more connections to Survivor or 0 that RE
>>
>>382139940

>It does take a dip in quality once you reach the tanker area

Why do so many people say this? The only area I thought was better was the mansion. The videotape part's a bit weak but back in reality the game has the balls to strip the player's power back for a section, the dingy atmosphere is more appreciable than the training area or even perhaps the old house IMO, and the multifloored level design and search for elevator parts is, alongside the hunt for the dog heads, the closest the game gets to actual classic RE exploration. I really have no idea why people shit on that section so hard, I wanted the entire game to be like it and the mansion. Even the action bit on the bottom floor can basically be ran past if you want to.
>>
>>382139886
REVII on its own is barebones as hell and Not a Hero, an essential part of the new storyline, got delayed to a point long after it was supposed to come out. People have a right to be a bit pissed off.
>>
>>382136279
Don't listen its not worse than 6 its just different. If you liked that style of gameplay buy the evil within.
>>
>>382140653
I didn't think it was particularly bad but just not on par with the mansion segments. I do agree though that the whole finding elevator parts felt a lot closer to the old RE games and a wish there was more of that, along with the birthday room puzzle.
>>
>>382140375
>REVII is a stain upon the series
what is 6?
what is raccoon city?
what is umbrella corp?
what is revelations?
what is all the shitty railshooters?
what is every resident evil movie?

RE7 is so fuckin good compared to the entries in this "perfect stainless" series
>>
>>382141065

>buy the evil within

Nah, there's nothing quite like RE6 out there for better or worse. Evil Within is closer to RE4 than anything, and even then it's a bit different. I loved TEW but still found RE6 to be a pitiful affair. The closest I can think of to RE6 is probably Revelations 2, and even that is RE6 put through a horror filter mechanically and design-wise, not to mention more soundly designed across the board.
>>
File: photo.jpg (18KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
18KB, 180x200px
>>382141295
>what is all the shitty railshooters?
I actually enjoyed them. Maybe that's to do with me being a huge HotD fan.
>>
>>382140662
>REVII on its own is barebones as hell
A singleplayer game that lasts around 10 hours + replayability to a degree (depending on how much you enjoyed it)

Thats the standard dude. Literally every game nowadays is like this and thats perfectly fine
>>
File: 1498644820130.gif (824KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1498644820130.gif
824KB, 785x757px
>WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON!
>>
>>382141295

Relative to 5/6 I'll take the Revelations games over them any day of the week. At least those had some decent horror-based ideas.
>>
File: RE2end.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RE2end.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>382141295
>6
A fun action game with good gameplay and minor issues
>raccoon city
Shitty cashgrab
>umbrella corps
Semi-fun cashgrab made from unused assets of ORC2
>revelations
A fun, inexpensive spin-off
>shitty railshooters
The Chronicles games were fun and weren't part of the main series. The Gun Survivor games were also somewhat fun and one of the best games in the series was part of them, that being Dead Aim.
>every resident evil movie
The RE liveaction movies aren't actually part of the series, they're part of the franchise. The CG movies are good though.
REVII however, wastes time and money, giving us a story in the series that is unimportant and rips off RE1 and 80s movies left and right, while also mixing in a shitty rip-off of FEAR and Outlast.
I guess you're also the kind of guy who says shit like 'REmake and 4 are the only good games in the series' so a nu-fan like yourself can look like you know what you're talking about
>>
>>382135025
If environmental design and atmosphere was something you liked about RE1 then get it. It transfers over to first person pretty well, with some classic slasher film and Evil Dead vibes thrown in.
>>
Just torrent it if you really want to play it.

I beat the game with finding all the secret weapons, 31/32 "Files" to collect, and about 95% of the "Mister Everywhere" bobble heads in 6 hours and 20 minutes.

Keep in mind, probably 45 minutes of that was left Alt+tabbed while I jerked it or watched random shit on youtube.

It's INCREDIBLY short.

The "Nightmare" mode just randomizes items, but all story related things are still exactly where they're supposed to be. Enemies are also "Harder" but only take one shot with enhanced ammo with the free pistol.
>>
File: 1497853391672.gif (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497853391672.gif
21KB, 225x225px
>re4fags mad because the series went back to being a horror game
>>
>>382141835

>6
>minor issues

The game being one huge identity crisis that attempts horror shittily and has its action leanings suffer heavily for it is not exactly what I call a "minor issue", I call that a "take this shit back to the drawing board and COMPLETELY rework it" level issue. They had good ideas in 6 but it tried to be too many things at once and did nothing quite right in the process.
>>
>>382141994

>RE7
>horror game

... Did we play the same game?
Literally nothing about RE7 was scary, or even a tiny bit spoopy.
>>
>>382142081
yeah but i can fistfight a nemesis so it's good
>>
>>382142158
>horror is only horror if it scares me
unless you are 5 no video game should be scaring you
>>
>>382141835
>I guess you're also the kind of guy who says shit like 'REmake and 4 are the only good games in the series'

you could not be more wrong and I dont know what made you say that.

You make yourself look like a faggot with your "IM A BIGGER FAN THAN YOU, I LIKE THEM ALL, CLASSICS ARE MY FAVOURITE LOOK AT ME"

also, youll defend umbrella corp to a degree, but you wont even say RE7 is an alright game?

opinion discarded my friend, for more than one reason
>>
>>382141808
>singleplayer game that lasts around 10 hours
If you're shit, sure
>replayability to a degree
A hard mode and some shitty collectibles that have no meaning at all doesn't account for replayability in a Resi game. When Resi did have collectibles, they usually unlocked extra files or character models. In VII, they're just there to look like there is shit to do.
RE2 had 2 main campaigns, 2 extra campaigns, multiple harder difficulties depending on the system, and Ex. Battle
RE3 had the Nemesis QTE system which lead to many alternating ways to play. Also, collecting every file actually got you something, that being Jill's diary.
4 has Assignment Ada, Separate Ways and Mercs, as well as bottlecaps
Every version of 5 now comes with Mercs United, Versus and two side campaigns, one of them being more of a callback to the classics moreso than REVII.
And every version of RE6 has 4 campaigns, Agent Hunt, the second best version of Mercs, and many, many extra modes that are much better than the main game and could last you hundreds of hours.
REVII has Madhouse, which is just the hard mode. Good job on catching up with RE1.
>>382142081
>attempts horror
It was just calling back to RE2 if you're talking about Leon's campaign. None of it is really meant to be taken seriously, it's not like the game is forcing you to play it and be serious about it while Jake slides around, parrying zombies.
It's also Action-Horror not pure action.
>>
>>382141994
It went to being a lets player interactive movie.
>>
>>382142178

Like I said, it had its good ideas. Rarely did they pan out as well as they should've, though. The Ustanak encounters are a rare instance of RE6 actually not shitting itself, it managed to drop the horror pretense enough to let the good action gameplay do its thing without any distractions or setbacks. I also admittedly liked Ada's puzzle parts and any time you had to search for McGuffins while the enemies that split in half were chasing you around. Kind of hard for me to think of too many other uniformly strong points though, maybe the snake sequence in Chris's campaign.
>>
>>382142250

>Horror isn't just scary stuff!~
Except, it is.
That's literally what horror is.

>Atmosphere
Spoopy swamp wow
>Characters
Possessed child wow
>Enemies
Faceless swamp monsters wow
>Story
Cuck looks for his shitty dead gf after 3 fucking years wow

There's literally nothing "Horror" about RE7 except that people die and/or "monsters"

If you consider RE7 a horror game at all, you have the shittiest taste and probably think Blair Witch is the pinnacle of "Horror" movies.
>>
>>382142514

How so? It's less explicitly linear and cinematic than RE5/6 were.
>>
>>382142276
The only reason I said that was because usually the types who say shit like that also like to suck VII's cock.
And I would say VII is an alright game if it was a spin-off just called RE Biohazard. I'd love that as the REv spin-off was starting to feel a little dry. Instead it's a mainline entry with no connections to anything derailing the series from being Action-horror (and if you try to say RE used to be pure horror, just remember the time Wesker had to tell Chris to stop laughing at his perfect monster, and when Chris blew up a giant naked man. The series had horror elements but was never pure horror like VII is trying to be)
>>
>>382142668
>imagine being this butthurt for being wrong.

Simplify points Its the most retarded form of argument along with food analogies.Try again with better stuff
>>
>>382142668

>That's literally what horror is.

Actually, no. Horror is a sense of intense revulsion, like the sick feeling in your stomach after smelling a rotting carcass. Horror games put players/characters in situations they'd really rather not be in, and I mean REALLY rather not be in. That's pretty much all it is.
>>
>>382142761
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Resident+Evil+7

Literally Let's play shit.
>>
>>382142668
Dude its a genre. If anything in any video game actually scares you, you might have an arrested development. The only thing's that should ever scare an adult are money issues and war.
>>
>>382143280

Okay, but what about the actual game design is "let's player shit" compared to what came before it? I don't care about who is covering it, what's wrong with the game itself? It lacks the QTEs and cinematic cutaways of the action RE games and while the levels are sequenced apart each individual section does a bit more to promote problem solving and exploration than the action RE games did. I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>382142909
>REVII
>Pure horror
>When we have silly shitty like Marguerite looking like a deadite,a friggin chainsaw fight an pretty much Jack in general being more goofy than scary
>>
>>382142909
>but was never pure horror like VII is trying to be
I seem to recall fighting monsters and rednecks with a pretty decent arsenal of weapons in the game. Including 2(two) different shotguns, a flamethrower and a magnum.

This had its own silly shit, it also had a decent amount of combat and weaponry. As well as scrounging for ammo and items. It was a legit Resident evil game.
>>
>>382143532
Every game can be a lets player bait.The retards just wants to repeat the same meme word they learned in their First visit on 4chan
>>
>>382143945
It was sold as pure horror, the demo tried to be pure horror, as did the first hour of REVII. The only times that game emulates the stupidness that RE should have, it's in the chainsaw fight and maybe whenever Lucas talks.
>>382143962
Read the above, also,
>it was a legit resident evil game
Maybe if it was a spin-off, but it's far from a legit main RE game. It lacks the shit recent RE games have had, such as blowing up the place you spent most of your time in, blowing up the final boss, a rocket launcher, riding out with a babe in tow while cheesy music plays. Instead, the final boss kind just happens, then you shoot what feels like the weakest weapon in the game, and it kinda just turns white. The house stays there and Ethan says some shit about the future, rather than just smiling at the camera or just saying a cheesy oneliner. But, I guess the other RE games already stole all the good ones.
>>
>>382135025
It's probably one of the best AAA mainstream horror games out there right now. Quite good.
>>
>>382142909
>Instead it's a mainline entry with no connections to anything

what did re4 besides leon?
what was re5 besides chris?
>>
>>382144508

>such as blowing up the place you spent most of your time in, blowing up the final boss, a rocket launcher

Yeah, we all know it botched the final boss. EVERYONE complains about that, even RE7 defenders.

>riding out with a babe in tow while cheesy music plays

Chose Zoe, I see?
>>
>>382144783

Not that anon but to wit RE5 pretty firmly put a lid on the feud between Chris and Wesker.
>>
>>382141835
Did you seriously just defend umbrella corps? That is one of the biggest piles of shit I've ever seen.
>Gun survivor games
Now your just being a troll.
>>
>>382135025
It's sad that people look at RE and their first though isn't the survival horror aspect. That is, imho, what makes the series what it is. 4 was quite good but lost a lot of that survival horror aspect, and 5 and 6 were straight up action-shooters.

Going back to basics was the best thing RE could do. My *only* gripe in 7 was that the molded enemies felt extremely lazy. The best part was being hunted by the father, by far.
>>
>>382144508
>such as blowing up the place you spent most of your time in
I think eveline destroying the house was supposed to be the equivalent of that
>blowing up the final boss
again, i believe shooting the "albert" and watching her crumble to pieces was supposed to be the equivalent of this
>riding out with a babe in tow while cheesy music plays
this literally did happen
>Ethan says some shit about the future, rather than just smiling at the camera or just saying a cheesy oneliner
The stupid shit about the future he was saying WAS cheesey and dumb. AGAIN this was the equivalent of what you said res evil games should have

It more or less had everything you mentioned, admittedly not EXACTLY. im sorry you didnt notice. I think they handled the ending pretty well, apart from the dumb cinematic cutscene boss
>>
>>382137986
What was terrible about the writing?
>>
>>382138567
>doesnt have puzzles

What?
>>
>>382145272

At the point of release for RE7, action RE and horror RE had roughly equal representation in the mainline space. Realistically, the bastardization had reached a point where it could go either way. Regardless, RE has always been a series about rocking the boat so making a hard left back into horror after the action direction had ran its course is something I can definitely see this series doing.
>>
>>382139901
>setpiece moments rather than untethered exploration.
I haven't played the Rev games, but what did you mean by this? How the game progression feels?
>>
>>382140662
>people have a right to be pissed off

Holy shit you're an entitled manchild
>>
>>382145534
I think he meant that while it isnt completely linear and has big explorable environments, it can at times feel quite linear as well (more so than classic res evil)
>>
>>382144783
RE4 I actually don't like(storywise) because it ignored the story the epilogues of RE3 which set up a perfectly good story for Leon and Ada, with Leon being forced to work for the government to protect Sherry, and Ada not even being Ada.
RE5 was a direct sequel to the events of CVX and RE4 and helped explain hat Chris was doing after he disappeared post-RE1.
REVII has Chris show up at the end and nothing else. In fact, it creates a plot hole as one of the reasons Umbrella shut down was because the brand was no longer marketable and all shareholders pulled out. That, and Chris and Jill destroyed their Alaska base.
>>382144865
>chose zoe, i see
I chose Zoe twice, and Mia once. Beat the game three times. The choice is trash in itself, as are both endings. Ethan doesn't even say a one liner, he just has a boring monologue about doors. I would've preferred if Mia came back at the end with a rocket launcher after Ethan gets knocked out of the Old House, he blows the little(old) girl up, and they ride out on a motorcycle, and all you see at the end is the Umbrella Corps helicopter.
>>382145052
Umbrella Corps was fun in the so bad it's good way and cost maybe $2 to make. It did nothing to the series as maybe 5 people bought it and it got negative reviews up the ass.
Also, I say Gun Survivor because Survivor 1, 2 and Dead Aim are all part of the same series, and Dead Aim was actually a very fun game that felt like classic RE at times.
>>382145362
>equivilent of that
Didn't feel like it as all she did was destroy half of it. Didn't even explode.
>equivilent of this
Didn't have the finality of blowing up Tyrant of shooting Nemesis with a revolver.
>this literally did happen
No one-liners, cheesy music, and Mia was just laying there and smiling awkwardly.
>was cheesy and dumb
But it wasn't like 'It's up to us to take out Umbrella' or Chris smiling to the camera. It had no charm and felt cheap.
>>
>>382145574
>spend $90 on game(leafbux)
>5-6 hour campaign
>no extra content
>promises more content soon
>doesn't deliver and delays it when it should've been apart of the final product
>>
>>382145929
>It had no charm and felt cheap.

Jesus you're autistic
>>
>>382146153
But they DID put out more content.

Also you got the hard mode after beating it. You're spazzing out over nothing.
>>
>>382146159
>can't refute any points
>"i can just call him autistic!"
Jesus you're autistic
>>
>>382146250
>but they did put out more content
Yeah, if you pay extra for it. Shit that would've been in the main game if this was truly a classic RE
>you got the hard mode after beating it
If a Resi game didn't have a hard mode I'd be bitterly disappointed
>>
>>382145929
Yeah I see you didnt love the way RE7 handled its ending, but surely you can see it had all the elements of an RE ending. You can see what they were going for.

Yes, I would have preferred something more along the lines of what you said. I at least like it to some extent, it could have been much worse
>>
>>382143280
>it's a people play video games and upload them in segments episode
>>
>>382135025
You will have fun only 1 hour.
After that you probably should stop playing.
>>
RE7 is one of those games that is almost a classic, but a couple of things hold it back.

When the game is at its best, it really feels like a modern Resident Evil in the best possible ways, sadly it can't keep that momentum for the entire game. I would still call it a successful soft-reboot though. Both First Person and the more Evil Dead'ish tone works great.
>>
>>382145534

The Rev games are basically action RE titles that didn't forget that the classic games happened. Rev1 is a lot like RE4 but scaled back while Rev2 is like RE6 if RE6 made a sincere, dedicated effort to be a horror game. Both games still adhere to moment by moment design rather than the old games where you're dropped in a big area and explore it, unlocking more areas as you find the right keys. Rev1 had a key system like the classic RE games but it was a relatively minor thing, about as minor as it is in RE7 where you unlock maybe 3 entire rooms per key. But it also worked in moments like building up a boss fight or working your way through some linear scenario, one step at a time. RE7 has the open exploration in mind prior to the final Jack fight but each area is so small that it feels more it adheres to the moment by moment design of the Revelations games - first the mansion, then the old house, then the greenhouse, and so on. There's a little bit of backtracking and exploration, its heart is in the right place there, but I don't think it went far enough to fully escape the Revelations style progression and be a full on "I can actually get lost here" exploration of the classic REs. A shame, because moments like finding Lucas's keycards showed that the devs had that old-school backtracking in mind, but the execution was so minor in nature that it didn't really change the flow so much as act as a minor detour. And then from the training area onwards the game is one big straight line, even though the ship area in and of itself promoted exploration. RE7 had the right idea, it pushed for the right things harder than the Revelations games did, but I don't think it completely left behind how those games flowed.
>>
>>382136419
Dead Aim was a weird time though.
>>
>>382146416
>it had all the elements of an RE ending
But it didn't use them properly. I didn't like the story of 6 either (in fact, outside of Chris and Jake I thought it was godawful), but at least all campaigns (except Ada's) ended on a highnote reminiscent of RE. Talk shit about fistfighting Russian Nemesis, but it still felt like the kind of shit RE would do.
>it could have been much worse
That isn't much of an excuse when some fag on the internet whining about 'muh cheesy horror games' thought of a better ending while eating lunch
>>
>>382146370
So you have no issue with it then. That's good.

Also it sounds like you've never really played any RE games.
>>
>>382135025
>6 is shit meme

So tired of the hate for 6. Sure it wasn't great story wise but it sure did have a fun as fuck mercenaries mode
>>
RE7 is like the "perfect" middle ground between RE1 and RE6. I loved it
>>
>>382135025
It's really good, get it.
t. same mindset
>>
>>382146684
And Chris Redfield blowing up a giant monster is not Resident Evil?
>>
>>382138804
I hope it's not an hero.
>>
>>382146778
All RE mainline games have had extra content, except for the first one, but that was made in 1996, so there is no real excuse
>>
>>382146836
RE7 to me was like playing RE1 for the first time again.
>>
>>382146782
>multiplayer arcade mode is better than the main game
>>
>>382146925
This one has hard mode.
>>
>>382146836
Fuck me, I meant between RE1 and RE4. RE6 is a disgrace that should never be mentioned
>>
>>382146684
>fistfighting Russian Nemesis
I fuckin hate RE6 to death with a passion, but this was actually cool

also your "better ending" is just the same thing as all the other RE endings. I can admire the fact that they kept all the key elements but used them abit differently. Could have done better, but its fine.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (65KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
65KB, 554x439px
>>382146782

>tfw you don't like Mercs

I still give RE6 some credit mechanically but man, I really think it should've just not been a Resident Evil game. That would've solved a lot of its problems.
>>
>>382147158
Like what problems would it have solved?
>>
>>382147069

>between RE1 and RE4

I'll be honest, that's the feeling Rev1 gave me and I largely see RE7 as a refined Rev1 but with a lot less water.
>>
>>382146902
That is Resident Evil. I said it was. What VII did was a pussified version of that.
Also, in RE2, Mr X got blown up and G-Birkin was left to blow up in the lab
RE3 had you use a railgun to take down Nemesis then shoot him to death.
RE4 had you rocket launcher the literal who villain, same goes for CVX.
In 5, you decapitate Wesker with a rocket launcher, and in 6, you blow up the literal who villain, two mutated monsters and Ada does whatever the fuck she did.
>>382147067
Hard mode is not extra content. And before you say 'It changes things up', RE1 let you use a mode like that from the start.
>>382147116
>is just the same thing as all the other RE endings
And I would've preferred it to the dogshit given to us.
>>
File: 1488133072041.jpg (274KB, 700x678px) Image search: [Google]
1488133072041.jpg
274KB, 700x678px
As a guy who loved RE but felt the series lost is soul years ago RE7 was a legit breath of fresh air.

What I liked about 7 is that it felt comfortable with being a horror game unlike 6 which tried to be pretty everything and failed at pleasing anyone,
Same problem with the Revelations games where it felt like it wanted to be a horror game but didn't have the balls the abandon the RE4 style of run and gun gameplay.

7 takes the full on approach to being a legit horror game a style of horror game we have not seen since ZombiU where the main thing that matters is using items correctly and being careful about every room you go in. As well as exploring and figuring out the lay of the land and overcoming the obstacles that block your progression.

Sure its not perfect but this felt like just what this old worn out series desperately needed plus it gives me hope for RE Remake which I feared for the longest time would be an action game.
Now I have the feeling that they might just make another masterpiece with with Re 2 Remake or RE8.
>>
>>382147216
Would have removed a lot of the expectations that people had that come with the Resident Evil name.

It could have stood on its own as a mechanically pretty good but really dumb supernatural action game.

Instead you're inevitably going to get people complaining about how it isn't like Resi 1/2/3/4
>>
>>382147158
>>382147216
>Like what problems would it have solved?
I probably would be able to play it and have fun, instead of wanting to kill myself knowing this is what RE has become.

Im dead serious, I fuckin hate RE6 to death. If it was its own IP tho maybe I couldve enjoyed it more than not at all
>>
>>382147216

The core issue of trying (and failing miserably) to adhere to RE tradition despite NOTHING about the core design of the game suggesting friendliness to RE tradition. The action and horror mix like oil and water on RE6, just rebrand the game, remove the horror influenced design choices and focus on the action. RE6, under whatever guise it would be in at that point, would be a much better game for it - it clearly wants to be a blockbuster action title, it has no business shoehorning horror elements into it and boy howdy, did that shit NOT work.
>>
>>382147265
Rev definitely tried to be 1+4 but I hated it personally. It had potential but was not executed well. A few bad design decisions along with the fact that the gameplay felt like watered down RE4 left a bad taste in my mouth.

7 was more like it took inspirations from all the right places while also being kinda fresh.
>>
File: Jack Punch.gif (1MB, 795x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jack Punch.gif
1MB, 795x450px
Where's the fucking Not A Hero DLC??
>>
>>382147503
>>382147518
>>382147443

Ok but I mean what problems would it cause to normal regular people. Not weird autists. Answer without cliche video game hate buzzwords.
>>
>>382147621
Buy the Resident Evilâ„¢VIIâ„¢Season Pass to get access to info about the Resident Evilâ„¢VIIâ„¢ DLC Not a Heroâ„¢
>>
File: 1497315270208.jpg (78KB, 425x503px) Image search: [Google]
1497315270208.jpg
78KB, 425x503px
>>382147621
Fucking never because Capcom decided to go on holiday or something.
I seriously have no clue what could be taken this 5 to maybe 7 hour long DLC so damn long to even get a mention or trailer or fucking anything.
>>
>>382147564
>the gameplay felt like watered down RE4
the slow first person shooting and exploring gameplay felt like 3rd person shooting and melee karate kick action man knifefight quicktime event gameplay

Why do I come here. Explain yourself anon
>>
>>382147564

Rev has some great ideas but they were certainly hampered by its status as a budget offshoot. It's easy to forget that instead of a AAA title it stands as what is still the prettiest 3DS game to date, and it also plays like a 3DS game no matter where its experienced. But I adored the Queen Zenobia as a setting, I like its use of water in a horror context, and I like that the Ooze were basically contortionist water zombies, not to mention some pretty good setpieces like the comms officer boss and chasing down Rachel through the ship. I definitely can see how it can underwhelm one but I liked a lot of its ideas.
>>
>>382147351
It's literally the same as all the other endings. You're grasping at straws.
>>
>>382147917
>enjoying a series and not wanting it to be ruined is autistic

okay anon
>>
>>382147919

Do you actually think that hack joke is still funny? Wow.
>>
>>382148083
No thinking the name ruins the game IS autistic. Sorry.
>>
>>382148031
Still would've liked it more than the generic 'hero gets out and is all serious and shit'
>>382148124
Do you think Capcom won't try to sell it as DLC?
>>
>>382135025
its p bad t bh

even 6 was better with all the edgy action
>>
File: 1487257530035.jpg (53KB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
1487257530035.jpg
53KB, 1024x771px
>>382141818
YOU LOOK SCARED
>>
>>382147917

I question your intelligence if you can't piece together the notion of a game being a poor representation of its franchise actively pissing off established fans of said franchise. That's reason enough to drop the RE branding - RE6 is simply not a good Resident Evil. But think a little harder about what I said - drop the RE branding, and RE6 no longer has to try to be a horror game. There's a great action game to be found in RE6 but it gets bogged down by the ill-conceived horror influence. Drop all of that and just let this thing be the balls to the wall action game it clearly wants to be. It's not hard to get.
>>
>>382147975

>he played Rev1 with the first person viewpoint

First thing I did was go into the options and change it into third person but to each their own, I suppose.
>>
File: 1487791850721.gif (610KB, 598x444px) Image search: [Google]
1487791850721.gif
610KB, 598x444px
>>382148284
DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION BOI? YOUR ABOUT TO SEE SOMETHING WONDERFUL!
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>382147443
RE6 has way bigger problems than just living up to its name, it's not just a bad RE, it's a bad game period.

You can truly tell it was made by several hundreds of people with no real vision behind it. It's ridicously disjointed and haphazardly put together. You can look at parts of RE6 and say "that's great", but as a package RE6 is just an absolute mess of a game.
>>
>>382135025
It's pretty good. The early sections are annoying as fuck due to insta deaths unless you do things in a very specific way. The ship segment was top notch though.
>>
File: 1486916704399.jpg (36KB, 612x610px) Image search: [Google]
1486916704399.jpg
36KB, 612x610px
>>382148452
YOU DIDN'T EAT YOUR DINNER
>>
>>382148428
My bad, carry on anon.

People saying the dumbest shit about RE7 in this thread blinded me
>>
>>382148284
>>382148452
>>382148771
t. samefag
>>
REmake > RE3 > RE2 > RE1 > RE4 > RE5 > RE0 > RE7 > Dead AIM > Code Veronica > RE6 > Revelations > ORC
>>
File: 1498404399074.jpg (84KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498404399074.jpg
84KB, 768x960px
>>382146985
This
RE7 felt like I was playing something from the 90s again.
You don't see horror games like 7 now days.
Even horror games that are great like Dead Space and The Evil Within didn't feel like legit horror games.
7 has everything that I loved about classic RE. it almost felt like meeting a freind you hadn't seen in years.
>>
>>382135025
If you like 1-3, RE7 is good. If you prefer 4-6, RE7 is the worst game you've ever played. It plays exactly like RE1 except in 1st person.
>>
>>382148901
RE3=2>REmake=1>CVX>Outbreak>5>Dead Aim>4=6>REv1=REv2>0>VII>ORC>UC>Survivor
>>
File: 1498165306593.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1498165306593.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>>382148593
>insta deaths
I don't remember there being any insta deaths can you name some examples?
>>
>>382148921
>horror games that are great like dead space
Opinion immediately discarded.
>>
>>382148232
for example:

whatever your favourite game is, say they made a direct sequal to it but this time its a Madden football game

Your argurment: Whatever man, as long as its a good football game then thats fine.
>>
>>382148901

REmake > RE2 > RE1 > Rev1 > RE7 > RE4 > RE3 = RE:CV > Rev2 >>> RE0 > RE6 > RE5

Yeah, yeah, I'm a weirdo for liking Rev1.
>>
>>382149034
Nice. RE7 sucks ass.
>>
>>382135025
I was disappointed. Really didn't feel like much of an RE game and it just wasn't very scary to me.

If you liked 4 just pick up The Evil Within and wait for biohazard to go on sale.
>>
>>382148867
Ooh, you almost got it.
>>
File: 1498527858428.jpg (83KB, 259x618px) Image search: [Google]
1498527858428.jpg
83KB, 259x618px
How long till that faggot with the shit taste posts his RE chart image?
You know the one.
>>
>>382149132

Dead Space is just a better RE4. Heavy handed as all fuck with the scares but the Ishimura was a cooler setting, the UI was slick as all fuck and the necromorphs were a pretty subversive idea for the time. It's probably one of the better games that came out in 2008.
>>
File: columbo.png (565KB, 1208x899px) Image search: [Google]
columbo.png
565KB, 1208x899px
>>382149162
>RE7 above RE4 and RE3
>>
File: Updated shitpost.png (3MB, 2508x2828px) Image search: [Google]
Updated shitpost.png
3MB, 2508x2828px
>>382149310
Ehh
I've been here for while
You prefer the original or this one?
>>
File: 1489637728576.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
1489637728576.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>382149132
>He didn't like Dead Space
>>
>>382149310
Found the original, just for you
>>
>>382145929
>game was so bad its good
My god you really are retarded.
>>
>>382150052
A game can be fun if it's laughably bad, kinda like how the Room and Birdemic are watched because of their absurdity.
>>
>>382148901
REmake > 2 > 3 > 4 > CV > Outbreak > LIN > 1 > REV2 > 0 > 6=7 > 5
>>
File: PSVRkun.jpg (66KB, 453x679px) Image search: [Google]
PSVRkun.jpg
66KB, 453x679px
>>382135025
Play it in VR, and that shit will be scary as fuck
>>
Is RE7 the first big budget Japanese FPS ever?
>>
>>382150279

>rating Lost In Nightmares as its own thing separate from 5

I want to call bullshit but LIN is indeed the only good part of that game so I guess. I assume DE is so low on the ranking that it festers in the bowels of hell?
>>
>>382150439
Don't think so.
Big budget probably.
>>
>>382135025
The timing of this thread is interesting. The other day I decided to replay through the mainline RE series, starting at REmake.

I had forgotten just how amazing and immersive REmake is. God damn this is a great game. Wets my appetite for REmake 2
>>
>>382150173
Absurdity can be fun though. If you honestly and whole-heartedly believe that Corps is fun, you have the shittiest taste on this earth.
>>
>>382150875
I believe it's fun because of how retarded it is. The horrible animations, the enemies, the fact that it's canon. Everything in it builds up, and I feel I got my $10's worth.
>>
>>382150439
>>382150551
Breakdown?
>>
>>382150730
seriously, I just finished REmake (never played the original trilogy) and it is probably already one of my favorite games
I only played 4 and 5 quite some time ago, liked 4 and thought 5 was decent enough but REmake blows them out of the water
Cant wait for Remake 2 and hopefully 3
>>
File: 54663099_p0_master1200.jpg (308KB, 880x1040px) Image search: [Google]
54663099_p0_master1200.jpg
308KB, 880x1040px
7 is great don't listen to the butt blasted action fags.
There just upset RE has abandoned action.
>>
>>382148771
>dinner
>not supper
YOU HAD ON FUCKIN' JOB GOD DAMNIT JACK
>>
File: 1280195036241.jpg (40KB, 560x432px) Image search: [Google]
1280195036241.jpg
40KB, 560x432px
>>382149660
>He liked Dead Space
>>
>>382152108
this
>>
>>382150490
It was ok. Just didn't care for it compared to LIN. If 5 was like LIN, I would've rated it higher. That's just me though.
>>
>>382135025
Its a great game, but it doesn't really have that much content or depth for a Resident Evil game like 4. It starts out spooky n shit but then it turns into CoD survival around the last act.

I mean, if you enjoy FPS survival horror games, you might like this. If you are a diehard fan of the 3rd person RE series, you might not enjoy the FPS aspect this game uses.

Overall, great game. If it didn't have RESIDENT EVIL in its name, it will probably still be a great stand-alone spinoff. Consider this game a prequel to the future RE series because at the very end, we get to see something like a cliffhanger to the new RE universe.
>>
>>382149963
Which God pic represents the best one?
>>
>>382153265
3=2>REmake=1
>>
>>382146664
dead aim was weird because it was a different game entirely until Capcom decided they were the only one that could do zombie survival horror. they bought it out and slapped RE on it.
>>
>>382154317
Proofs please
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.