[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter World: /v/ btfo edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 17

File: btfo.png (89KB, 931x658px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
89KB, 931x658px
>Some people have maybe taken this as “the Westerners didn’t like the potion animation, so they’ve taken it out. They’re trying to appease Western casuals.” But… we don’t just start picking our own game apart at the seams like that!

>It’s just that now the monsters can be anywhere near you and there’s no loading barrier to hide behind. You can’t jump out of the area by one pixel and suddenly be safe and have time to do your animation – you have to be ready to face the monster. It’s almost like the pace is much quicker.

>That’s how we take each of these things and look at how to do them.Otherwise we’d have a new concept but it wouldn’t mesh with all the existing features.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/28/how-monster-hunter-worlds-is-streamlining-a-cult-classic/
>>
>>382132873
>Tsujimoto: Yeah, we’ve been asked quite a bit about it. I think when you get a series that runs for quite a few years… the numbers start to get bigger and bigger, and it starts to become increasingly off-putting for somebody who isn’t into the series already. They might think “am I going to try Monster Hunter 5 when I haven’t played the first 4? What if I don’t get it?” and so on. We wanted to take the next main-line title and name it in a way that is indicative of the key concept of the game.
>>
Damage control
>>
>excuses for clearly western casualization

God I hate all jap developers

third nuke when?
>>
>>382132873
>This amount of damage control for a game that normies have already forgotten about
wew lad
>>
>>382133067
>>382133112
>/v/ comes back with shitposting and delusion when confronted with devs telling how it actually is
Why am I not surprised?
>>
This coming from "Characters are just functions. Nobody remembers the X-men" Capcom.
>>
>>382132873
What about arena areas in the regular MH games with no exit?
>>
I am glad they at least addressed it, I am slightly at ease now, but given Capcom's track record, especially with Street Fighter V, I am still cautiously optimistic. I am just glad I don't have to sell a $100 Nintendo Machine to people to get them to play one of my favorite game series now.
>>
>>382133250
t. jap dev

eat nukes
>>
>>382133449
>>382133303
Those are completely different divisions within Capcom though. Their fighting games have been seriously fucked lately, but I doubt that this will have any impact on the MH team
>>
>>382133250

Yeah, as if devs are going to come out and fuckin admit "yeah we're making the game more casual because retards overseas won't buy it unless it's easier." Dumbass.
>>
You never needed to leave the area to use a potion, even in G-rank. This is casualization, just admit it.
>>
>>382132873
tdlr version?
>>
>>382133610
Get fucked fag
>>
>>382132873
>Hiding a in a different zone to heal and buff
>Not waiting for the monster to start a long attack or be distracted by a teammate.
Casualization confirmed
>>
>>382133635
This
Not to mention all the hard stuff takes place in arena maps anyways so you couldn't just zone out whenever to heal even if you wanted to
>>
>monster attack animations become more fluid with less free openings
What now?
>>
>>382132873
Fucking triggered.

I'm so tired of people complaining that monster hunter "wont be the same"...The devs even said its a mainline monster hunter title.
>>
>>382133860
>defending crapcom
and this is why we get shitty business practices that you all complain about like
>microtransactions
>day 1 patch
>denuvo
>casualization of series
>15 dollar map DLC
>day 1 dlc
>early access games
>gambling boxes that are clearly designed to make money
>"episodic" series instead of finished products
>rehashes
and more.

You're the one to blame here. I bet you don't even remember who the X-men are huh?
>>
>>382134605
>Trusting
>Capcom
>In
>2017
>>
>>382132873
>>382132970
This sounds very logical and promising.
>>
File: 1353296609559.png (51KB, 199x197px) Image search: [Google]
1353296609559.png
51KB, 199x197px
>People actually zoned out to heal
Disgusting casuals, the lot of you. I never even zone out to fucking sharpen, let alone heal.
>>
>>382135135
>what is RE7
>>
if you don't like being able to move while using a potion then just stand still
>>
>>382135110
The best part is almost all of these are going to be included into this new monster hunter game, while the worst that happened with the Nintendo games were putting some content behind a time lock, but making sure it was free.

Now that same content will be cut and you'll be forced to pay for it. Enjoy paying for G-rank metal raths in World.
>>
File: tonberry attacks - 9999 damage.jpg (43KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
tonberry attacks - 9999 damage.jpg
43KB, 600x606px
>>382135389
when shit gets real in g-rank anon. When shit gets real....
>>
File: download_20170628_000709.jpg (293KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170628_000709.jpg
293KB, 1280x1280px
>>382133573
>>>382133449
>>>382133303
>Those are completely different divisions within Capcom though. Their fighting games have been seriously fucked lately, but I doubt that this will have any impact on the MH team

Can people stop saying this MH team is still own by Capcom who's been on a record track to fuck up their operations. If Capcom told MH team we want it casual as fuck MH team would have to do it or simply lose their jobs or leave and make an spiritual successor to Monster Hunter.

I'm not saying the game is good or bad we officially don't know anything outside shills like proShill/Gajin shill and devs who work for Capcom anything.

Especially after abysmal demo Capcom put out on Marvel vs Capcom infinite. I'm skeptical and everyone else should be as well. Regardless of the track record of the monster Hunter team. The 20 min showcase didn't really do anything well to show it wasn't casualize at all either it just left more questions than answers.
>>
>>382135110
>>15 dollar map DLC
which game had that?
>>
>>382132873
What about those gameplay changes already on the demo?
>>
>>382135470
Source or fuck off with your strawman victim complex nintenbro.
>>
>>382135389

>t. babby that started at X and has played it for 20 hours

If I catch you getting hit while sharpening (like I know you're fucking gonna), your ass is getting kicked out.
>>
>>382135470
Nigga are you really that dumb or did you only start playing MonHun at 4? All the DLC basically cost nothing to make because 99% of it was either sponsored content from Japanese magazines or it was PS2 assets ported from 2nd Gen.
>>
>>382135517
>If Capcom told MH team we want it casual as fuck MH team would have to do it or simply lose their jobs or leave and make an spiritual successor to Monster Hunter.
Monster Hunter's producer is the son of the CEO of Capcom, he can probably get away with a lot of shit.
>>
>>382135481
The only time shit ever got "real" in g-rank was event quests / apex monsters / hyper deviants and 9 times out of 10 you'd be one-shot, making potions irrelevant.
>>
>>382135395
>RE6
>DmC
>MvC:I
>Dead Rising 3
Should I keep going?
>>
>>382135717
>X
>Needing to sharpen
t. babby that hasn't even played monster hunter
>>
Let's be honest here. If, and I mean if, they're really pushing this whole "monsters are everywhere" thing and they left flexing in then it would be Dark Souls 3 all over again where everything operated by Bloodborne rules except the players.
>>
>>382133067
>>382133112
>>382133243
>>382133469
Not a argument, come back with a well written counter argument
>>
>sfv
>DmC
>MVCI
>MHX
>RE6
>DR4

What game has capcom made recently that hasn't been casualized. World will be the nail in the coffin
>>
>>382135389
>>382135481
The answer they give doesn't work anyways because some of the hardest fights in the series take place in arenas or areas you can't zone. Monsters give you tons of time to heal and even sharpen.

>>382132970
>We want a larger audience
>>
>>382135747
A vast majority of DLC these days is just cut content from the main game. It costs nothing to make, which is why they chop it off to sell it later. Which Capcom does for all their games.

Also you forget how Capcom put cheat codes behind a paywall.
>>
File: 1350862377619.jpg (212KB, 888x535px) Image search: [Google]
1350862377619.jpg
212KB, 888x535px
>>382135717
Blow me faggot, I've played every single game (yes even PS2 MH) and I've solo'd every single quest both off and online in every game since Tri. I don't need you.

Come talk shit when YOU put in 3k+ hours in this fucking franchise.
>>
>>382134605

Have they confirmed Balrog and the Lord of Lightning for MHW yet?
>>
>>382135996
No, I mean you're actually stupid. MonHun dlc has always been porting old monsters in nearly unchanged to the new entry and giving it a hunt on various difficulties.

The difference between 3DS games and World is that they basically can't get away with porting PS2 monsters anymore and have to make new versions.

No shit they're going to charge. Every expansion for every game is basically you paying for the new monsters and now even old monsters are going to be "new" due to new assets, animations, textures, etc.
>>
File: right.png (260KB, 369x334px) Image search: [Google]
right.png
260KB, 369x334px
>>382132873
>"It’s almost like the pace is much quicker."

See, I'm not even a monhunfag but I can tell they're damage controlling for actually changing the game up. Their games being changed for easier money and Capjew is trying to hide it, so of course the monhun fanbase is gonna sperg out.

I personally believe the monhun fags are as autistic as DaS's community but no core fanbase deserves to have what they love shit on for casuals, it's been an all too common thing since 2007 or so. All this is, is another cash in on casuals attempt by Capcom, because unlike capcom doesn't ever fucking learn from its mistakes, see SF5.

Fuck a corporations money, the second you shit on your core fanbase you're asking for a temporary and non lasting gain from a unstable market of non dedicated players who wont last you but a 1 or 2 entry net gain of profits. Overall long term capcom's going to suffer for this and will have to fall back to "WE'RE GONNA RELEASE A CLASSIC MONHUN" like they do anytime they fuck up and try to save face. Mark my words this WILL happen.

Capcom LOVES fucking up.
>>
>>382133610
Yes, they actually do that all the time. There are plenty of examples where devs said "people had problems with this so we changed it" so I have no idea what you're talking about here. Dumbass.

Not to mention that people can't really complain about MH being too hard unless they bought it. But MH actually sold more and more with 4U being the best seller in the west so far. The sales rised, they didn't fall. Which wouldn't make sense if people stayed off it they found it too hard. Casualization isn't and never was a solution for more sales in the west.

Most people in the west are simply not interested in arcade games which repeat the same missions over and over again.
But you fags will complain about any change anyway, because you're too stupid to see a franchise for what it is and see any change as hostile takeover. Stay classy /v/
>>
>>382136267
>because unlike others* capcom doesn't ever fucking learn from its mistakes, see SF5.

Fuck my tired typos.
>>
>>382136237
You're a retard and don't know how DLC quests for monster hunter works.

They never make new monsters. Only higher difficulty or with a gimmick. In the case of both 4U and Generations, they put certain classes of monsters behind DLC so you couldn't finish certain armor and weapon paths until the DLC was released.

Given how Capcom and Sony together love to jew their base. "For the Payers!" Expect to see these exact sort of quests that were originally free, to now be behind a paywall because of how much more it costs to make World.

You have been warned.
>>
>>382135851
DmC wasn't terrible.
>>
>>382136307
Let me put your post this way: The same arguments could and were made for DmC. It was a watered down, shit game. I do not care about Capcom's profits. I do not care about their overall sales if it means sacrificing quality of gameplay. I care about gameplay. I am a consumer of their products, not an investor. If my choices are for them to attempt to make a profit while making a good game and possibly fail or make a worse game but have the safety net to keep making them I would choose the former every fucking time.
>>
>>382136307
Considering the amount of fuckups capcom had with revitalising old franchises with new stuff like Dead Rising, DMC, Street Fighter, why can't people be worried when they're doing this with fucking Monster Hunter? I bet a hundred dollars you defend SFV too
>>
>drop-in multiplayer
>select quest from list of people that have sent out SOS

Cool, I can't wait to jump in during the last 5 minutes of a quest and hit the monster twice, get full credit, and craft all my gear more easily than ever before!
>>
>>382136532
And this is where we part ways. If you are okay with DmC then I have no further conversation with you because you'll be okay with anything.
>>
>>382136527
Wow not only are you stupid you're immensely illiterate.
>>
File: 1486184736661.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1486184736661.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Being optimistic for World is difficult considering how often Capcom has fucked up by trying to do this exact same thing before.
>>
>>382132873
so everything people have been saying was just reiterated by the guy who made it

huh
>>
>>382136758
You kidding me? Not that anon but they are 100% right. Capcom DLC is less than a MB. The files are all 100% already in the game. The armor and weapons you get from it are already in the game. They just make the quest available. That's it.
>>
File: 1400039972285.jpg (35KB, 348x390px) Image search: [Google]
1400039972285.jpg
35KB, 348x390px
>>382136532

How does CrapCum's dick taste?
>>
>>382136953
>gated content is inherently bad
>even if it's free
lol
>>
>>382137131
And if it wasn't free? That's what the worry is about. Are you the one that is illiterate? I mean, Capcom already charges Japs just for the ability to play online just because fuck it.
>>
>>382136625
there are some concerns that are valid like healing and the heartbeat thing

but that's pretty much it
>>
>>382137263
If the monsters and environment changes why the fuck wouldn't you change player interaction too? Clearly we can see why they might need to have changed healing and item use right?
>>
>There are still people on this planet who trust Crapcum to put out a decent video game in 2017
Man what fucking school you go to? How many shitty Crapcum games need to come out before you realize that they're fucking ass now because they have no fucking money?
>>
>>382137251
>just because fuck it
I doubt this
>and if it isn't free
i'll judge it when I see it. If it is somehow worse than the constant rehashing then I will join you in calling it out for bullshit

I don't associate monster hunter with the other franchises because deviation from certain concepts in those games is far more damaging than in monster hunter

especially something like street fighter where the competitive aspect draws out the smallest flaws and requires more consistency

if we get a rathalos porting across the map on a rare occasion or doing something weird nobody really cares
>>
>>382132873
>>It’s just that now the monsters can be anywhere near you and there’s no loading barrier to hide behind. You can’t jump out of the area by one pixel and suddenly be safe and have time to do your animation – you have to be ready to face the monster
Lots of the more difficult fights have one-way entrances, and you can only get back via kitty cart.
>>
>>382137376
I'm not getting what you're implying here

player interaction? it's supposedly the same?
>>
File: 1429152950942.png (229KB, 604x405px) Image search: [Google]
1429152950942.png
229KB, 604x405px
>>382133868
>>382135389
t. co-op leeches who hide behind teammates or cats to heal
try playing a man's game like FU alone, that'll grow ya some chest hairs
>>
>>382137251

Well they are the ones that are perfectly fine with their favorite series reusing the same assets and everything from the very first fucking game over a decade ago and paying full price for each iteration and its updated versions EVERY TIME. Why wouldn't Capcom realize this and milk them more?
>>
>>382137441
while xx is the worst monster hunter game it isn't anywhere near the magnitude of the other shitshows
>>
>>382137441
They lack talent not just money
>>
>>382137572
You doubt it? It's fucking fact. MHTri is a great example. Capcom had a subscription service for Japanese players. American and EU players didn't have to pay to get online. They've only dropped it because they can't double-dip with Sony/Microsoft charging for online as well. You're living in total fucking denial. As >>382137716 says, they will try to get away with whatever they can to make money.

Why the fuck are you trusting Capcom for a second? And fuck, we have people in here defending DmC for Christsakes
>>
>>382137441
But this time it's different!
It won't be like DMC!
It won't be like lost planet!
It won't be like Street fighter!
It won't be like resident evil!
Don't you see those were all just slips???
>>
File: latest[1].png (188KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
188KB, 256x363px
>>382137665
t. casual babby who thinks he's good because he played a babby game where attacking is mapped to the BUTTONS

How about YOU try playing an ACTUAL man's game, kiddo.
>>
>>382135389
>Sharpening at ALL
Seregios weapons better be here or the devs are going to be the hunted
>>
>>382137939
>living in denial
I'm not privy to japanese economics and neither are you, I'm merely expressing doubt because I can't comment on their situation, and neither can you

>why the fuck are you trusting capcom
I'm not, I'm trusting the MH devs
>>
>>382136758
More like you're in full damage control.
>>
>>382138085
I don't need a PhD to know they said, "Oh shit, we have to host some servers. Let's charge the players and make a profit as well." This isn't the only series that has done that in Japan. Subscription services are way more common there.

Your argument is wholly retarded. Am I not allowed to criticize on-disc DLC for games because I may not understand "Japanese economics?" An anti-consumer decision is anti-consumer, period.

And you are forgetting who pays and owns MHTeam. Look at what happened with Street Fighter, for example.
>>
>>382134605
>The devs even said its a mainline monster hunter title.

>announce casual game
>people revolt
>"it is not casual trust us"
>SEE ITS NOT CASUAL
>>
>>382132873
>>It’s just that now the monsters can be anywhere near you and there’s no loading barrier to hide behind. You can’t jump out of the area by one pixel and suddenly be safe and have time to do your animation – you have to be ready to face the monster. It’s almost like the pace is much quicker.

Like any decent hunter does that. Come on brah.
>>
I doubt Capcom will fuck up MHW, but if they do, they will have officially ruin all of their major franchises. At that point they might as well file for bankruptcy or hopefully get bought out by Bandai namco.
>>
>>382137968
>DMC
Outsourced.
>Lost Planet
Outsourced.
>SFV
Outsourced.
>Resident Evil
What's so bad about RE again? Rev 1 and 2 were both fine. 6 was pretty bad but the mercs mode was fun. RE7 was good.

Also, are you pretending to be retarded or do you just not know that World is being made by the Main-line team?
>>
>casualization
?
There's no switch version of this game.
>>
File: 1429163300884.png (224KB, 700x876px) Image search: [Google]
1429163300884.png
224KB, 700x876px
>>382137441
For some reason Capcom always stops being complete shit with Monster hunter
>DLC is free
>constant DLC and crossovers
They treat Monhun well because its their biggest cash cow
>>
>>382138565
This one is being handled by the good guys, it's A team this time!
>>
>>382133610
funny enough, there are jap devs which basically have said this

Usually Nintendo is the first one in admit it
>>
File: 1487602085396.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1487602085396.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>382132873
>steamlining a cult classic
I don't want to be all "normies ree, get out of muh secret club", but...

NORMIES REE, GET OUT OF MUH SECRET CLUB.
>>
>>382138626
that's because it's not DLC, just timegated content that's already in the game
>>
File: 1492101550750.jpg (34KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1492101550750.jpg
34KB, 370x370px
>>382136181
It has been released man.
>>
>>382138565
You mean the main-line team that has been reusing assets for the past 10 years? Yeah I trust them going out of their comfort zone and actually working on a game
>>
>>382138725
Nice arguement.
>>
>>382139006
Nice spelling dipshit
>>
Nintendofags are so fucking triggered by MH being on a Sony platform. Somehow an open world design is bad.
>>
>>382138843
what about the crossover DLC and whatnot
>>
How fucking upset would MHfags be if this manages to outsell every MH game to date and the jap fanbase love it?
>>
>>382132873

Damage control. Video was blatantly view botted. People know it's casualized shit. GG Crapcom. Hopefully they go under and Nintendo can pick up their two worthwhile franchises, Okami and DMC.
>>
>>382139270
Again, all of that is in the game from the start, they just unlock the quests over time
You'll often see hackers with DLC gear ahead of its normal release date
>>
>>382138994
Did you play Tri?

>>382139128
>LOL you misspelled a word guess that means I don't have to make an argument :^)
>>
>>382139309
Does it matter? It just means the series' fanbase is different. Its happened with lots of games that got casualized. I don't get why /v/ loves casualization so much when it claims to be different.
>>
>>382139350
If you were any more salty people you would be already dead from a heart attack
>>
>>382132873
>Tfw we finally get a modern monster Hunter with actually good non-3ds ps1 tier graphics but it's ruined by Western causalization

I fucking hate the Western audience and their willingness to only slop up Sony movies
>>
>>382139414
Yeah I played tri, it had no content and weapons, what about it
>>
>>382139360
I specifically remember that Gaijin Hunter faggot bitching about people hacking in the star knight armour quest in 4U before it was officially released.

That being said, his video tutorials on weapons are still really good.
>>
>>382139795
His weapon tutorials are a bit too carebear-y and generally don't cover a weapon's actual strengths and weaknesses.
>>
File: 1496936170777.png (853KB, 861x889px) Image search: [Google]
1496936170777.png
853KB, 861x889px
>>382139920
Yeah. Wish he'd said something about the GL being pretty lack luster in terms of damage output in general when I originally watched his 4U tutorials. It's a shame what the abortion know as Generations did to the weapon.
>>
File: 1498331700989.png (501KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1498331700989.png
501KB, 750x1050px
>>382137665
>Fighting shitty monsters makes you a man.
Har har har

I bet you think clawing is the proper way to play the game too.
>>
>>382139643
>MH team has been reusing assets for 10 years

Tri had an almost completely new roster of monsters.
>>
>>382139309
>and the jap fanbase love it?

They already love it. See NicoNico and Youtube comments
If anything, there are people who said they prefer the easy action game of recent titles rather than the old hunting focus.
Some didn't like graphics because "it looks too realistic" I like to pretend these people are being sarcastic

Only Akihabarafags are pissed because they can't do his daily MH autistic reunion (you can see these faggots on 2chan)
>>
>>382140182
clawing isnt the proper way, but its like a terrible hazing players should have to go through
>>
>>382140138
The heat gauge is a fine concept. The damage nerfs it accompanied are the problem.
>>
Jesus nintenfags are really losing their shit over this, aren't they.
>>
>>382140289
>Niconico + youtube
So a bunch of bot comments?
>>
>>382140289
Let's see if it translates to over 500k cause no game on ps4 has hit 1 mil except ffXV and even that can't be called a 1 mil.
>>
>>382138565
MvCI is done in house and just look at it.
>>
File: 1425524500640.jpg (909KB, 1200x919px) Image search: [Google]
1425524500640.jpg
909KB, 1200x919px
I keep saying it and I haven't seen anything reassuring that it's not the case:
I don't want all this extra bullshit to mean I can't hunt medium difficulty monsters in like 5-10 minutes when I need to comfy grind for materials.

Like, I get all the shit they're adding and why, but the things about removing the timer and having shit like monsters only coming out when you lure another monster to their nest has me worried that they're gonna bog down quests with tedious bullshit you'll have to do 1000 times over.
I just want to find the monster and stick my thumb up his ass. Just a constant brawl ending with one of us dead.
>>
>>382141671
This. MH fans don't want gimmicks, we just want new monsters to grind over and over without shit getting in the way.

DESU my ideal MH game would have arena style maps only.
>>
>>382140190
and it was shit, keep up retard
>>
Why don't you guise just not buy worlds?
play 4U for 100 more hours or import XX scrubs.
>>
>>382141975
I feel like arena only monsters would be boring you need some variety to not feel completely monotonous.
>>
>>382141671
>monsters only coming out when you lure another monster to their nest
Wait what? We are going to have this? Man its going to be a goddamn annoyance to get the monsters now won't it?
>>
>>382142073
4U and XX are too imbalanced, only using 3 weapons gets boring fast
>>
>>382142073
Cause capcom would need at least 2 mil day one to make it worth it releasing it plus most outraged people are either way gonna buy it on steam through discounts or just pirate it.
>>
>>382142103
>14 weapons
>over 100 monsters
>not enough variety
>>
>>382134605
Murder of the Universe is pretty good, but man that final act makes me fucking nauseous
>>
>>382142115
they aren't like that but it's still annoying cause we don't know what's more effective fight it yourself or waste 2 mins to get it into a more powerfull monster area so they can duke it out.
>>
>>382135991
>some of the hardest fights in the series take place in arenas or areas you can't zone

Farcaster
>>
>>382142264
Variety in background going to the same place feels boring if you have to visit it for every monster plus I like it when some terrain makes a fight easier or thougher.
>>
>>382142410
yeah but you can only carry as much as 1 made and it's materials plus you might get killed if you combine and the monster is on your ass.
>>
>>382142432
You can have varied arena-style maps, MHXX has a ton of them, arena style just means one area, flat ground
>>
>>382142340
I was talking more about getting the monster you want since now you have to bait some other monster into the nest of the one you want and then they either fight each other in a giant clusterfuck or in true MH fashion team up to attack you making it so that its that much more aggravating getting the mats you want
>>
>>382142608
I think you can bait them but they run if they get there ass beaten cause apparently a monster deals a about 20x your damage through an event attack against another monster.
>>
>>382141975
Technically the old system was just arenas.
They were just arenas connected to each other through little portals.
You got more variety because the arena could switch when the monster decided to run, sometimes to ones that were more advantageous to the monster, sometimes to the hunter.

I think there should still be that variety in the fighting grounds changing over the course of the fight, but I just don't want a bunch of shit beyond "follow the monster" between it.

>>382142115
>>382142340
I think it was in one of the interviews, but I can't remember for sure.
I think the iguana thing was an example of it though. The thing popped out of the ground when there was food above it.
And the Rath showed up when the T-rex entered it's "nest". Though that was probably just a scripted event for the demo.

What I'm really worried about is that they keep piling on more as we delve into more complex monsters.
It reminds me of trying to get access to the secret areas in Tri, a really tedious process.
>>
>>382142552
>no items
>brave HBG only
>final destination
>>
>>382134574
See, you're 100% correct, but no one will admit it or even reply to you because no one cares about the quality of the actual game. This is just a stupid proxy war between Sony and Nintendo fans. Like basically everything on this board.
>>
>>382142830
It depends what is worth more player damage versus non player damage . If its pointless to do and a waste of time most people will avoid it.
>>
>>382141982
t. 4Ubaby
>>
>>382134574
That's not a good thing, monsters being predictable is part of the core gameplay
>>
>not being idort and owning all relevant systems (meaning sony and nintendo)

That said paying for online will never not be bullshit, fuck microsoft for starting that bullshit
>>
>>382143637
Play on pc with free online.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.