[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wurm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 14

Your autism can no longer be contained within the game.
Congratulations! You have become part of the Wurm development team.

Now, how do you fix Wurm Online?
>>
File: random WO pic 1.jpg (703KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 1.jpg
703KB, 1920x1018px
How would you change the game's monetization?
>>
File: random WO pic 2.jpg (141KB, 1200x661px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 2.jpg
141KB, 1200x661px
How would you change/remove PvP?
>>
File: random WO pic 3.jpg (25KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 3.jpg
25KB, 622x350px
How would you address the constant 'unique drama'?
>>
File: random WO pic 4.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 4.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
How would you fix rifts?
>>
File: random WO pic 5.jpg (100KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 5.jpg
100KB, 620x349px
How to attract new players?
>>
OMG i'm so happy don't let this thread die. Let's talk while I answer your questions
>>
File: random WO pic 6.jpg (170KB, 880x290px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 6.jpg
170KB, 880x290px
How to revitalize the ship market?
>>
I don't want to oversimplify this, but WU fixes all this except rifts, I quit playing WO before they were introduced and don't know/understand the concept or how it works.
I thought they fixed the unique drama by having them respawn every couple months?
>>
I like the combat, but if it was more than just text based I think there'd be more players, and new players
>>
>How to revitalize the ship market?

What if the ship's top speed decreased as repairs went down eventually meaning to have a decent ship speed you'd have to create a new one after x repairs. Though they'd have to actually grant them decay to begin with.
>>
>>382130057
>WU fixes all this
While that may be true, not all players welcomed Wurm Unlimited, as it further fragmented the playerbase. Also it's never a guarantee that WU servers stay around for long. However Rolf's policy on the official WO servers is that even if a single player keeps playing on them, they won't be shut down. Also many players don't consider WU a real MMO experience.

>unique drama fixed by regular respawns
Almost all unique slayings remain private and heavy drama surrounds them still, so nothing was fixed really.

I'm not a regular rift goer either, but I'm interested what others think of them in their current state.
>>
I really wish more people played this shit. It's too bad on fragmenting the playerbase, the ONLY reason I don't stick to WO is I"m not paying for 4 accounts every month, maybe if the sub was cheaper than normal mmo price it would have flown, but it's just too expensive to maintain.
>>
>>382130608
The problem with that kind of change is that players consider them serious nerfs and usually get pretty upset.
Happened many times before when 'unintended' things were 'fixed' too. If a change is introduced, it should add things rather then make the Wurmians' life even harder. That's what experience shows anyway. Maybe the shipmakers wouldn't mind the nerf too much, but probably can't say the same for the customers.
>>
New server up when?
>>
File: random WO pic 7.jpg (88KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 7.jpg
88KB, 960x540px
>>382131346
>ONLY reason I don't stick to WO is I"m not paying for 4 accounts every month
Pretty sure that's true for many WU players. A monetization overhaul of WO could help with that.
It would be best to get rid of the monthly subscription fee, because this game almost forces you to play with multiple prem alts, unless you're part of a big community and can rely on others.

It's not going to be easy though, they would have to add a great amount cosmetic items to their cash shop/traders (Wurm players are more than willing to pay for those, apparently). And the fact that the 'pay-to-win' real life silver trading is a thing in Wurm makes things even more complicated.
>>
>>382132037
Right. Maybe they should try server mergers instead this time.
>>
File: random WO pic 8.jpg (123KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 8.jpg
123KB, 1680x1050px
>>382131346
Also
>I really wish more people played this shit.
This game really deserves more attention than it gets. It still has great potential, but many aspects of it need adjusting.

/v/ has a history with Wurm, I wonder how many still play after all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhGHaGTUdI
>>
File: random WO pic 9.jpg (343KB, 1900x1006px) Image search: [Google]
random WO pic 9.jpg
343KB, 1900x1006px
Couple more questions:

What would you include in the tutorial?
>>
>>382130394
I think they eventually will do something about combat. But that could take years (being optimistic). They are now experimenting with creature A.I. at least.

The upcoming GUI overhaul could turn out to be great or a complete disaster. They haven't shown any work-in-progress stuff of that yet.
>>
File: 1480248971569.png (1MB, 600x1323px) Image search: [Google]
1480248971569.png
1MB, 600x1323px
>>
File: Wurm dreggon.jpg (58KB, 900x551px) Image search: [Google]
Wurm dreggon.jpg
58KB, 900x551px
>>382136857
E-everyone must be busy grinding! Yes, that must be it!
>>
can i play this game with 56k internet speed?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.