[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i miss wrath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

i miss wrath
>>
okay
>>
>missing expansion that was the start of the downfall
Wrathbabies are so cute.
>>
>>382118067
But wrath started the decline.
>>
>>382118067
>wrathbabs thinking they're suddenly oldfags

your expac was the final nail in the coffin, take it and jam it in your eye
>>
>>382118067
Whats up david
>>
>>382118257
>>382118305

As someone who has only played Vanilla and BC and then seen the disgusting state of WoD, what exactly did Wrath do wrong to usher in this decline?
>>
>>382118416
Their complaints will probably be based around the LFG tool
>>
>>382118257
>flying mounts
>welfare epics
>resilience
>esports
>welfare epics
>split raiding
>lore rape
>buggiest raids since bwl
>W E L F A R E E P I C S

>haha le wotlk was le beginning of le end bros i quit after le tbc because it was perfect xdd

burning cucksaders should be euthanized
>>
>>382118325
played since jan 2005 and wotlk was the pinnacle of wow
contrarians should be shot
>>
Wrath > MoP > TBC > Cata > Legion > Wod
>>
Gummy when?
>>
>>382118416
Homogenization of buffs started in Wrath (for example, warrior's scream and pala's might), making most buffs raid-wide made raid compositions obsolete. "Bring the player, not the class" is the quote Blizz used, and it killed the game, since all classes became the fucking same. And DKs, fucking death knights. Those fucks were a sign of things to come, they had ficking everything that there was to WoW at the time. Same shit would happen to the rest of the classes in Cata, but DKs started it. Selectable difficulties made so even little Timmy could get the same loot as the most hardcore of players. Ulduar did difficulties better, where you had to meet criteria. I personaly like vanilla the most, it was actual living world, because game demand for it, you had to farm ingridiends, you had to farm to get gold.
>>382118484
Try again faggot. Lfg was never a problem, world was dead by that time already.
>>
Blizzard saw the success of EQ and thought, "What if we took EQ and made it completely soloable and extremely casual?".

Blizzard then released World of Warcraft to great success enticing people who normally couldn't dedicate enough time to MMOs before it.

The issue here is that World of Warcraft broke all the rules of what makes MMOs MMOs.
>No need for player interaction
>Extensive use of built-in fast travel (not player run)
>No penalty upon dying
>Monsters aren't difficult to kill nor pose any danger
And it only got worse from there as the game went on..
>Cross server content
>Dungeon finder
>Portals in every major city to every major city
>Flying mounts

WoW turned modern "MMOs" into Facebook/MSN/Myspace.

Now every other AAA publisher saw what Blizzard did and wanted to make a quick buck as well. So for the next 10 years we got these HUGE budget WoW clones expecting to build up the same subscription numbers as Blizzard. Well it turns out that the target audience wasn't as big as these companies expected and almost every single one of these games crashed and burned.

Meanwhile anyone still playing MMOs before WoW are growing up. They don't have 8 hours a day to put into FFXI/EQ/DaoC/etc. They start playing WoW/WoW-clones as well. Younger people have no idea what MMOs were before WoW and play WoW-clones as their "first" MMOs.

We'll never get another true AAA MMO, but that's okay. There are some niche games coming from veteran developers who worked on the classics. Pantheon, Ashes of Creation, Camelot Unchained, etc. And bigger publishers are starting to get more experimental, but unfortunately still playing it too safe with how casual the games are. We should be happy with that. In the meanwhile, private servers like project99 are extremely populated and great fun.

It could be a while, but there'll be a return of true MMOs.
>>
>>382118067

Only because you never played WoW before then
>>
>>382120337
WRONG fucko
>>
>>382119353
I understand it sounds like a shitter thing to say, but it was nice knowing that there was one thing your class could do, that no others could.

vanilla was the best btw.
>>
>>382118416
Wrath was created and continued during the time when Blizzard pulled their 'A' team off of WoW and onto Titan. There was a lot of shit, let us see...
Dumbing down of heroics; They were aoe-fests. Tanks could run through and snag a quarter of the dungeons and then have everyone AOE them down. The necessity for and use of CC in pulls became a thing of the past. Wrath babies never learned how to do it and this led to Blizzard having to keep 'roics dumb in future xpacs when people complained they couldn't do them in early cata when good pulls and CC were required and eventually they even casualized pulling by giving tanks aggro on every mob, whether they'd hit them or not.
Piss-poor raid tiers; just look at TBC and all the various raids and attunement quests compared to the shit that came after.
Lazy fucking raid loot tables;They cloned 25 man loot down to 10 man and got lazy as fuck with the loot tables. Gone were fast OH clubs, axes, fists or swords for Rogues, it was just lol you all use daggers now. It was the same for other classes too. Options vanished and everyone became even more the same, because why spend money on that shit?
People say Wrath was the beginning of the end because that's when they started to pull resources out and go into maintenance mode, just coasting on what they had without putting real money back into the game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.