[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elite Dangerous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (49KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
49KB, 460x215px
Can anyone tell me what the fuck this game is even about?
Just released on PS4.
>>
It's non-game autists confuse for a video game.
It's essentially a scam.
>>
Being a space explorer with comfy music and pretty scenery.

Also alien invasions now.
>>
There is nothing to explore except /dev/random.
>>
>>382118395
>Also alien invasions now.
Wait, really? For the expansion orrr?
>>
Space truck simulator in space

Requires over 1k hours to even get a good ship and even more for the rep grinding.
>>
>>382118238
You're probably thinking of Star Citizen. Elite Dangerous is actually a decent game.
>>
>>382118238
Im getting that vibe too
>>382118395
But what do you actually DO?
I've watched some vids and all you seemingly do is grind for a better ship.
>>
>>382118768
That is all you do. The devs will constantly nerf good ways to grind credits overtime
>>
>>382118768
Just like real life
>>
>>382118768
It's basically EuroTruck in space.
>>
A space "sim", they give you a starship, You decide what to do with it. Possible options: bounty hunter, space trucker/merchant, miner etc.

No plot, very basic missions. I haven't touched it for a while because of the grind for new ship and lack of variable content. Don't know if they have fixed this.

Only as fun/boring as you make it. Others have no problem with it while some hate it with a passion.
>>
So it's not worth it basically.
Thanks anons.
>>
>>382118936
Except EuroTruck isn't constant grinding. You can take out loans from the bank to buy new trucks, garages and employees and let them do the work while you just do whatever the fuck you'd like.
>>
>>382118936
>It's basically EuroTruck in space.
Wrong, it's not. Don't pretend ED is that good.
EuroTruck is a fun game with lots of things to do, good progression and truckloads of handmade content to explore.
ED has nothing more than a always-online sandbox for the devs of that thing with YOU being their NPCs.
>>
>>382118768
>But what do you actually DO?
You watch randomly generated arrangements of the same three assets through a VR headset.
(It's a VR demo.).
>I've watched some vids and all you seemingly do is grind for a better ship.
There is no point in doing that. Everything is pseudo-randomly generated including "missions" and the entire universe is completely static otherwise. There is no point in doing anything after launching the EXE.
People crashing their starter shitboxes into others seem to have the most fun with that thing.
>>
Imagine Truck Simulator except in space and you can heaily modify/upgrade your truck and blow up rival trucks
>>
A comfy space sandbox. Better if you have a group of friends to hang out and explore with so you can all pretend you're in the future or in Star Trek or something and call each other 'commander'.
>>
>>382120497
If you're going to do that just get that Star Trek VR game and do it properly.
>>
>>382120750
True but ED can be played normally not only with VR and is much cheaper.
>>
File: now listne here you little shit.jpg (40KB, 595x620px) Image search: [Google]
now listne here you little shit.jpg
40KB, 595x620px
>>382117984
Sandbox space game

Bring your own sand
>>
>>382121323
>Sandbox space game
It's only a sandbox for the developers of that thing.
You can't modify anthing.
You are their NPCs.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.