[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS THIS SHIT LEGAL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: wtf.jpg (107KB, 692x786px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
107KB, 692x786px
so FF14 is out with a new expansion and since square wasn't ready for it, there's been constant 3k queues and disconnects since release (couldnt even progress past a certain point for several days). and now they are actually kicking people from the game once a day

what the fuck?
>>
What do you mean is this shit legal? At what point did you agree to a TOSU that said you could sue them for anything? Shit, steam can VAC ban you forever and you just have to deal with it.

How much power do you think you have as a consumer?
>I'm inconvenienced, better call up my lawyer
Fucking ridiculous, only Americans...
>>
>>382105518
you cant sign away basic rights by agreeing to a service agreement, retard.
>>
>>382105770
Rights to what? You don't have rights when it comes to access to a piece of entertainment like this. Netflix kicks you out? Sorry, servers down, you've got no legal recourse against that. FF14 wants to boot you for ten minutes a day? You have absolutely no rights stopping them from doing that either.

Like I said, fucking ridiculous, only Americans think that way.
>>
>>382105380
This your first MMO?
No offense.
>>
>>382105380
>Someone did something I dislike in a contract I agreed to
>THIS SHIT MUST BE FUCKING ILLEGAL

This is the most American thread I've seen today, thanks. Kinda funny I'm not the only one who thought that too, it seems
>>
>>382105380
holy fuck are you 14. go read a legal book you fucking retard
>>
>>382105380
>Stopping people from playing a game they PAYED for

They should have to compensate people with free in-game time.
>>
>>382106249
or what? you're gonna sue them? lol
>>
>>382106249
>payed

No. It's not illegal. They don't owe you anything, even if it's a pretty shitty decision on how to handle the issue.

Go vent your anger here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6jz4g7/simultaneous_logout_measures/
>>
>>382105770
That's exactly what you sign away with a terms of use. Exactly like signing a waiver form, you've given up your ability to sue them over nothing you fuckig disgusting snake of a human being.
>>
>>382106648
> snake of a human being
> the one who paid for the product and doesn't get it
> not the soulless corporation that thinks they could get posession of peoples souls by having them tick a box

Sure sure, yes my man. Maybe this hasn't reached american shores but what service agreements ask of you has its legal limits in Europe.
>>
>>382105380
It was 2 days and there was DDoS attacks happening that entire time
>>
>>382106897
Oh anon, this has been every game you've played for the past decade, I'm just here to let you know yes they can absolutely do that and make fun of your country's attitude where falling on the sidewalk can mean the building owner behind it could be bankrupt for the rest of his life.

But I don't know, maybe old fashioned ideas that you shouldn't be able to fire lawsuits off like an assault rifle into schoolchildren just hasn't reached European coasts yet...
>>
>>382106897
>muh gubmint is better than evul corporashuns
>>
Didn't this same shit happen when the game first released?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.