[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Death Stranding be the first kino video game? Will video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

Will Death Stranding be the first kino video game? Will video games finally be taken seriously as an art form?
>>
>>382104853
no . it will be mess with weird characters , weak story, nice visuals and good optimalization
it will be medicore like last MGS but retards will prize kojima even when he's taking shit so nothing new
>>
File: image.png (155KB, 584x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
155KB, 584x347px
>>382104853
So what kind of game is this supposed to be? The only thing I know that it's gonna be a 3rd person shooter.
>>
>>382104853
>Implying Team Ico haven't already accomplished this twice over
>>
File: 1498480653666.jpg (2MB, 1920x5940px) Image search: [Google]
1498480653666.jpg
2MB, 1920x5940px
Video games have a very long way to go to match true art
>>
File: Bloodborne.jpg (2MB, 5760x3240px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
2MB, 5760x3240px
>>382104853
>first
>>
>>382105303
>3rd person shooter
not even that is set in stone
but what other info do you need, it's a HIDEO KOJIMA BRAND KOJIMA GAME with a bunch of HOLLYWOOD celebs, it's time to get HYPED
don't you remember all these great and critically acclaimed games he made over the past decade, like MGS4, MGS PW and MGSV?
>>
I wish r3ddit didn't make "kino" popular.
>>
>>382105529
4 was good you meme.
>>
Who the fuck thought that would be a good name for a video game? It's like the executive just went out to the steet and found a chinese guy and an autistic guy and asked them to each say a random word. Sounds fucking stupid.
>>
File: 7905000592_bb21d5dd32_o[1].png (1MB, 665x1145px) Image search: [Google]
7905000592_bb21d5dd32_o[1].png
1MB, 665x1145px
Why are all videogames shot at flat, uninteresting angles?

Why don't we see shots like this? Where's the style?
>>
File: 1497784614533.jpg (104KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497784614533.jpg
104KB, 600x800px
>>382104853
will the game feature more half naked women with big breasts? this is important
>>
>>382104853
Video games will be taken seriously when developers realize they're their own art form and not an extention of cinematography, literature, music or sports.
>>
>>382105674
Because level design and gameplay take precedence over cutscenes. But that doesn't excuse games like TWD for their horribly uninteresting photography.

>>382104853
Why do you - why does anyone care whether or not video games are taken seriously?
>>
>>382105756
I hope you meant to say "cinema" because games absolutely need cinematography and shot composition to look halfway interesting.
>>
File: 1448039028534.jpg (16KB, 381x235px) Image search: [Google]
1448039028534.jpg
16KB, 381x235px
>>382105529
>Kojimas last good game was 13 years ago
I don't think he can do it
>>
>>382104853
Bloodborne is first Kino
and second Kino will most likely be Bloodborne 2 or it's spiritual successor before Death Stranding which will be kino the 3rd
>>
>>382104853
>"kino" video game?
You mean movie-game?
Just say movie, faggot. Kino is just a German word for cinema.
But who the fuck know? We don't know shit about this game yet.
>>
>>382105834
No, you are wrong. You're part of the problem. Cinematography is an external crutch developers rely on when they simply can't think in terms of actual game design. Camera in games works completely differently than in cinema and serves and entirely different purpose.
>>
>>382105967
I think you're confusing cutscenes with gameplay.
>>
>>382106030
No, I'm talking about cinema as an artform. A cinematic mise en scene is completely different from game-designed level in concept, purpose and artistic technique. They may seem similar, but they are completely unrelated things. Etc.
>>
>>382105427
This episode is fucking trash.
>>
>>382106117
Oh well I was just talking about cutscenes and story lol. Obviously the gameplay should take precedence. The problem is that lots of games are so desperate to sell themselves as interesting stories but they try to do that entirely through dialogue. There's no interesting shot compositions in their cutscenes, no interesting camera placements, nothing. It's all just dialogue and "MUH THEMES" shoved down the player's throat with the subtlety of a Christopher Nolan movie (Kojima is especially awful at this).

Funny enough, the only game I played that had an environment and cinematic style that backed it's story up was Spec Ops: The Line
>>
>>382106396
The problem is that narrative has many forms, but it's hard to imagine it in new and unfamiliar forms. So lesser artists just revert to tried and true stuff like cinematography or even written text instead of learning how to effectively tell via gameplay. This was a problem in early cinema too, when movies tried their hardest to be theatre because early artists simply couldn't imagine how a new artform could actually work and emulated an old one instead. E.g. a lot of movies were operettas or even musical variety shows with barely any cinematography at all. Then cameras started moving, postprocessing became a thing, they started using stund and other doubles, narrator voice-overs and text crawls disappeared etc.
>>
>>382105534
They didn't /tv/ did
>>
>People still define 'art' as 'good art'

Jesus fucking Christ you morons are why it's so fucking difficult to talk about that fucking word's definition.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.