[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dishonored 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

Was there anything they could have done to make to game better, /v/? What about the level design?
>>
Emily nude and everytime you looked down you would see her tits
>>
File: smug widowmaker.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug widowmaker.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>382103172
Nerf the movement abilities would be a good start. You could literally just Blink/Far Reach from one point to another. Doesn't add a lot and makes the game soooooo much easier than it should be.
>>
>>382103172
Make the story not shit. The level design was great, it was just very hard to care
>>
>>382103417
Fuck me, why havent i seen any Emily SFM yet?
>>
>>382103642
To be fair to Dishonored 2, Dishonored 1 and its DLC had the same problem. I loved playing the game, but I didn't give a fuck about the characters or the story.
>>
>>382103642
>The level design was great
the mechanics were good, the design not so much. The clockwork mansion was a major disappointment. Interesting concept, but poorly executed.
>>
>>382104076
Meh, the story in Dishonored 1 was pretty good in my opinion. You get proper motivation and reason to do the things you do. tho it feels like the devs thought "Shit, we havent even seen Daud yet" and decided to shoehorn the flooded district mission in there. The intro to dishonored 2 (meaning the coup, ofcourse) feels rushed as fuck with heaps of cut content. Also, the black market shops suck ass.
>>
>>382104310
The clockwork mansion was a major dissapointment

How so? what could have been done better?
>>
>small variety of enemies
>no creepy characters like Granny Rags
>main villain is literally IT WAS ME ALL ALONG and WHY DIDNT YOU MENTION YOUR SISTER WELL YOU DIDNT ASK SO WHAT I TOLD YOU WAS TRUE FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW
>small variety of abilities
>few missions
>outsider went from a creepy whale mind to an edgy wizard who died only 4000 years ago
>no Daud
>>
>>382103172
>no emily
>make corvo silent again
>a new and more interesting main villain
>>
>>382104310
A crack in the slab is one of the best levels I've ever played, clockwork was also good. What disappointed you?
>>
File: 1278264285135.jpg (9KB, 311x299px) Image search: [Google]
1278264285135.jpg
9KB, 311x299px
>>382104829
>make corvo silent again
>>
>>382103172
Not embracing social justice to a fucking obnoxious degree.

Please go look at Witcher 3 or Nier Automata, almost all the things you like are in those games but the packaging makes them not obnoxious to the majority of your potential customers.
>>
>>382104638
>outsider went from a creepy whale mind
So you're mad that they didn't respect your headcanon?
>>
>>382104638
>mad that a fan theory wasn't canon
>>
>>382105248
he also became skinnier and changed his VA. also being a wizard from 4000 years ago if fucking lame, even granny rags was better written. so fuck you faggot.
>>
not pawn it off on the b-team.
this is basically a dlc to the first's game dlc.
>>
>>382103172
for starters how about some new fucking characters and not rehashing the first game's dlc into a "new" game. quit wasting money on "big name" celebs to voice the characters.

the best two levels everyone raves about are backdoor demos for other games.
>>
make it a rpg and put it on pandyssia
>>
>>382105397
Him being a wizard from 400 years ago was how it was written in the first game, Harvey Smith posted it on his Twitter when the first game was released.
>>
>>382105397
>skinnier
Not a big deal, he was always hovering anyway
>VA
No one actually gives a fuck

Btw where did you get the "wizard" part? Cause I played the game and he just said he got stabbed.
>>
Honestly, the game is great. I think its main "problem" however is that it relies on the player balancing the game.

The entire game can be completed with no powers while never being detected and without killing anyone. Of course, that means that if you play the game "the way it was meant to be played", with powers, not giving a shit about detections and people and just want to end the game, it's a pretty easy and simple game.

However, for me the main selling point of Dishonored 1 and 2 is to constantly replay the game and try something new. Dishonored 1 had a great amount of variety and 2 is even better in that regard with more tools and moves. I don't think Dishonored 2 is a pure stealth game. Instead, it's a game that lets you go either full stealth or full combat (Which you could also do in 1, but kiss that Low Chaos run goodbye)

So yeah. I think Dishonored 2 has the same problem as MGSV. In the sense that if you just go full tranq and fulton/choke and sleep dart, it'll be a simple and perhaps boring game. Just experiment with it and try new things. That's what it excels at.
>>
I disliked that the cruel irony which you could use to get your revenge in Dishonored beyond "kill your target" was replaced with dull moral choices with the game very heavily pushing you toward non-lethal for half your targets.
>>
>>382105397
>>382105551
Changing the outsiders VA really upset me desu. He went from an uncaring, monotone observer to an edgy anime teen.
>>
>>382105908
The non-lethal options in 2 were lamer, yeah. Mechanically, however, they worked exactly like 1 so I don't really mind.
>>
>>382105908
>Very heavily pushing you toward non-lethal

This is true. The game constantly reminds you that "killing is bad, m'kay?"
>>
>>382105551
>Harvey Smith posted it on his Twitter when the first game was released.
He's not the voice of the company so I'll stick to what's in the games, thanks.
>>
>>382106070
It was the same thing in 1 so I don't get why it's an issue. You need to kill like more than half of the enemies in a level to go down the bad ending route anyways
>>
>>382105367
>fan theory
It's a hypothesis given in one of the books in the first game
>>
>>382106023
they definetly were lamer. Locking mortimer ramsey in the safe room was the most underwelming part of the game, and it felt OH SO CONVENIENT that Kirin Jindosh and Breanna Ashworth were both standing just a few meters away from machines that could coincidentally strip them of their respective powers.
It all felt really boring and uncreative in comparison to branding the high overseer and exposing the spymaster in Dishonored 1
>>
>>382104310
>One of the best levels
>Was a major dissappointment.

Explain or gtfo.
>>
File: 1269452695030.jpg (21KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1269452695030.jpg
21KB, 500x333px
>>382106220
>He's not the voice of the company
No, he's just the creative director. He doesn't get much to say about the setting or lore, right?

Are you this salty about your headcanon you get to act like a stupid?
Smith and Colantonio came up with the setting and characters, they geet to say more about the Outsider like you do, like it or not.
>>
>>382106349
Well the spymaster recording the perfect confession and leaving it in a safe was pretty fucking stupid
>>
>>382106272
>hypothesis
It only makes sense that nobody would actually know who the Outsider really is.
>>
>>382106451
>Are you this salty about your headcanon you get to act like a stupid?
No I'm just wary about anything said on Twitter period.
That being said I don't have much of a problem with it, but that new voice acting and the writing of the dialogue is really edgy and bland.
>>
>Dishonored 2 ending is exactly the same as Brigmore Witches
>Rehash Delialah as a vilain
>god awful commentary through-out the series
>cliches such as protagonist loses the powers he had in previous game and has to regain them
>play as either x or y

Garbage
>>
File: 1497710187650.png (102KB, 984x478px) Image search: [Google]
1497710187650.png
102KB, 984x478px
>rich liberal developers push propaganda into games
>SJW love it on twitter, they don't buy games tho
>pisses off most of their potential players
>game doesn't sell
>developers get butt blasted and double down on it
>why didn't you buy the game guys?
These people are so fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1485991403088.jpg (157KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485991403088.jpg
157KB, 1280x960px
Just finished the game

>Fuck all characters and no new characters, not even a few sailors to help Billy with the ship
>Emily is incredibly uninteresting
>No between mission errands to let you dick around and get to know people
>Karnaca areas are incredibly homogenous. Dishonored had the prison, slums, the brothel, the party, the whale processing facility, the palace, the military outpost et cetera
>Plot is literally a checklist of people to deal with, barring Aramis' house
>>
>>382106693
The final level in Dishonored 2 is irredeemable trash but you're just complaining for the sake of complaining in the other things.
>>
>>382106531
Which only makes it more infuriating when he (it?) tells you how he came to be the outsider, for no fucking reason
The mystery was made him interesting. I don't care if they didn't choose to go the ctulhu route in the end but having a bland (a matter of taste tbeeH) background is all the more insulting when it's being shoved into your face
>>
>>382106804
It's very difficult to admit you've done something wrong especially when it has cost you a lot of money. It's not even the message they're trying to push that is necessarily wrong rather just the fact people are sick of it being shoe horned into everything. Especially when it comes to having to pay for it as well.
>>
>>382106485
true, though it was still better than a convinient "power removal machine"
>>
>>382106821
Why the fuck was Billy Lurk in this game? Didnt Daud kill her in the D1 DLC? Someone refresh my memory.
>>
>>382107028
I don't agree. Both of these machines were perfectly justified
Only thing that made my eyes roll about it was that Breanna did not smash the fucking lenses to pieces or throw them in a smelter or something. Or used her vagina magic to do it.
>>
>>382106804

The fucked up thing was even before all tha bullshit I was expecting Emily to either be playable or prominent in the story after I finished Dishonored. Having her be a last minute decision really did fuck over the story.
>>
>>382107163
That was the high caos option, yes. Tho its very likely that most of the low chaos options were made canon, since you hear talking about a certain high overseer recieving the heretics brand and Dunwall not having fallen to ruin as it did in the high caos ending in D1
>>
>>382106878
Well you're right, it is a matter of taste.

To me, him being some weird hivemind of the whales or a whale god is cool, but ultimately limited in what it means for the Outsider and the world.

However, knowing that the Outsider was killed in a ritual hundreds of years ago, it makes me wonder a lot of things
What did he do to deserve that?
What are his tribe's beliefs?
Where in the world did this take place?

There's more to the Outsider this way, and it connects more deeply into the lore of the world.

It's hardly as if the mystery of the Outsider is solved. There's still a lot we don't know. Like how him being sacrificed even turned him into the Outsider in the first place.
>>
>>382107163
You have the choice in daud s dlc
Tho if someone can explain to me how she regains her hand and an eye in the end of 2 it would be very kind. Thanks
>>
>>382107318
Meh, being able to play as Emily certainly didnt ruin the game for me, especially since her powers (while admitedly less usefull) were incredibly fun the dick around with. I have to agree with >>382106821 that she was really fucking stereotypical and boring as a character
>>
>>382107329

Well too bad because now you get to kill him while playing as a colored person
>>
>>382106349
I thought Kirin developing a machine to lobotomise people was quite appropriate for a self absorbed genius

>>382107163
>Why the fuck was ____ in this game
Probably because the original writing team is long gone, at least they had the decency to not shoehorn Samuel back in
>>
The engine. Because it felt like shit to play on every single platform.

Combat and movement is no where near as fluid as Dishonored 1.
>>
>>382107487
>>382107362
This shit made me pretty angry as well. They made it pretty clear throughout dishonored 2 that Meagan/Billys assassin days were over and that shes no were near the assassin she once was, yet she still miraculously gains a fucking robot arm just in time for the DLC
>>
>>382106821
>Dishonored 1 plot is literally a checklist too
>forgetting about Clockwork Mansion, Addermire Institute, Royal Conservatory etc.
>Option to play Corvo if you hate Emily (New game+ even lets you play as Corvo with Emily's powers)

I agree that the new hub sucks but stop nitpicking wew
>>
>>382107487
Which probably means we'll learn more about him since he's the focus of the whole game.

>Billie has time travel powers
>implying we won't un-god him during his execution
It'll be tight

I'm all about that lore
>>
>>382103172
I want Arcane to learn nothing and keep making the same mistakes. Thankfully that's exactly what they are doing.
>>
>>382107660
She's been the star of some comics, that's where the robot arm comes from.
>>
>>382107542
Perhaps, but they made it piss easy to use said machine. It was right next to wear he stood and the only thing you needed to do to use it was solve a puzzle designed for third graders
>>
>>382107329
Well if it was a gargantuan leviathan (pleonasm, kinda). It would raise just as much questions don't you think ? Especially relating the whales ?
What is he here for ?
What is his link with the whales ?
Why do whales hold so much power/magic ? (bones etc)
What does it have to do with the Pandyssian continent ?
Why does outsider magic and whale chant drive people mad ? Is it related to pandyssia's downfall ?
Etc.
I was really sad to see all the subtext about the whales being ignored or shoved under the rug in 2. Same goes for the Pandyssian continent
>>
>>382107469

It didn't ruin it for me either and I agree that her powers were fun. I just think her character and the overall story suffered for being an afterthought. I also think the new powers were meant for Corvo and his old ones were to be there temporarily.
>>
>>382107801
I don't know if any of that is necessarily gone.

I mean, maybe the Outsider's connection to whales is tied to his past life? Maybe his tribe worshiped whales.
Maybe he was a ritual sacrifice to them as though they were gods.

I was disappointed with how focused the scope of Dishonored 2's lore was. Mostly shit about Karnaca and Serkonos, not even the other isles.
Maybe we'll get some Pandyssia shit in DotO. It'd be abhorrent if they kept it all in Karnaca again.
>>
>>382108168
>I don't know if any of that is necessarily gone.
Not gone but as you said the second game is more focused.
You see one dead whale at the start of the game, learn that they become rarer to find and more violent and that's it.
You also learn the history of sokolov 's expedition in pandyssia which tells us that it's a dangerous land (big news)
I'd like the idea of the cult that sacrificed the outsider in Pandyssia worshiping whales
>>
File: dishonored2-death.jpg (58KB, 810x400px) Image search: [Google]
dishonored2-death.jpg
58KB, 810x400px
>>382103172
>>
>>382103172
Fix the stealth so you don't feel like an enemy is watching you from every corner.
>>
>>382105397
He was born 4000 years ago during a ritual in the first game too you stupid faggot. Did you even read any of the notes?
>>
>>382108648
Source, fag.
>>
File: 1493979475662.png (19KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493979475662.png
19KB, 606x600px
>>382103172
not have made it in that garbage engine from the start

combat is fucking terrible now
>D1 actually able to dodge attacks by ducking at the right time
>D2 Giant sweepy hitbox
>>
>>382103559
you are not forced to use them if you don't want to

>>382104829
fucking this a billion times (except the emily part)

>>382104638
partly this. I was excited as fuck to know about the creation of the outsider, but it was somewhat disappointing to know that he was created by other people. also the new faggy voice they gave him sucked dicks
>>
>>382107667
The plot of 1 actually feels somewhat dynamic. Capturing Sokolov, finding Emily, getting fucked over and losing Emily, confronting Daud, getting Emily back and finally stopping the coup. In 2 it's literally do mission, get new lead, do next mission until you finally find the macguffin you need for Delilah.

>forgetting about Clockwork Mansion, Addermire Institute, Royal Conservatory etc.
The latter 2 are delapidated interiors in a game full of delapidated interiors.

>Option to play Corvo if you hate Emily
I don't have an issue with Emily as a playable character
>>
wait a fucking second everybody, what is all this about billy going to kill the outsider in the DLC? please tell me this is a fucking meme
>>
>>382109286
wew

http://store.steampowered.com/app/614570/Dishonored_Death_of_the_Outsider/
>>
Man, you guys have a terminal case of shit taste if you think Dishonored 2 had anything but top-tier level design and gameplay.

The story is shit , I'll give you that.
>>
>>382109286
OH FUCK ITS TRUE

I LITERALLY WANT TO FUCKING DIE

GODDAMN BETHESDA FAGGOTS
>>
>>382103172
Game is hot trash to be honest. Story is even worse now and it's most a rehash of the first one anyway. Art direction isn't as good. Characters are literally nobodies. None of the abilities make the game FUN, just like in the first one the only thing that's FUN is the teleport
>>
>>382109445
>top-tier level design and gameplay.
how can it have top tier gameplay? It doesn't even have gameplay. The game is so easy you can't even lose. You have to impose your own challenges on the game to make it difficult, and even then it just becomes a quicksaving slog
>>
>>382109594
t. Easy/Medium mode faggot
>>
>>382109735
If the game isn't fun on Normal, it's a trash game
>>
>>382109445
>top-tier level design
oh hell yes. The Clockwork mansion and A Crack in The Slab were fucking great
>>
>>382103172
have competent story and characters
also keep the atmosphere of dishonored 1
as it stands, dishonored 2 is a complete rehash and barely worth playing
>>
>>382109785
>is good at a game
>gets mad that the game is too easy while purposefully ignoring the difficutly slider
>>
>>382110156
>game isn't fun if you're good at it
What is this meme?
>>
Anyone else mad at how they changed corvo?
>If they really had to give him a VA, they should have gone with someone with a less gruffy and "stereotypically thief"ish voice.
>i unironically dislike that they got rid of his trenchcoat and replaced it with some shitty fucking colbert or whatever it is.
>He covers up his mark for seemingly no reason
>>
>>382110318
Your meme appearently, since you stated just that in >>382109594 (assuming thats you ofc)
>>
File: 1444953315313.png (27KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1444953315313.png
27KB, 240x240px
>>382110059
It had been a while since I played something that good. The rest of the industry needs to step up.
>>
>>382110402
>>If they really had to give him a VA, they should have gone with someone with a less gruffy and "stereotypically thief"ish voice.
I'm sorry anon but we can't allow ourselves to market our male PC's as anything else than Nolan's Batman, I'm sure you'll understand.
T. concernedbusinessman.png
>>
>>382109504
What's the matter? Feeling intimidated by a strong black woman?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.