[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time you installed a PC game via disc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1373049126576.jpg (1MB, 2918x1915px) Image search: [Google]
1373049126576.jpg
1MB, 2918x1915px
When was the last time you installed a PC game via disc?
>>
Found a bargain bin PC game that was cheaper than it was on steam
>>
i dont even have a disc drive

i still buy physical games though. I just type the cd key into stream instead of using the disc/s
>>
>>382100536
Serious Sam about 1-2 months ago.
Forgot I even had it until just now.
>>
Dark souls 3
>>
File: silent-hill-2.jpg (47KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
silent-hill-2.jpg
47KB, 1000x562px
>>382100536
I installed Silent Hill 2 a few months ago. But it wasn't the right version to work with the widescreen fix or something, so I ended up downloading the right version from a torrent anyway.
>>
I threw away all my physical games in the trash 10 years ago when we finally got internet
>>
2008 I think. My PC doesnt have a disc drive anymore and I think they stopped putting them in exchange for more HDD slots.
>>
>>382100536

Dawn of War 2/Retribution, like yesterday.

>tfw my old as fuck GFWL copy key activated on steam as well as letting me use the DVD to install the bulk of the game followed by a small update.

It was a good feel.
>>
Back in 2009 when I got the orange box and was introduced to steam.
>>
Maybe it was Blops 1 which was a gift to me, too bad the game was unoptimized to shit and did not work, what a fucking waste of money.

>>382101209
>via Disk
>Orange Box
Unless I made a mistake, I had to download the games even if I had the CD.
The guy at the store was so kind as to ask me if I had ever bought a game on Steam and then went on to explain how to to install them.....too bad I was young and ignorant back and thus did not understand what he told me, but I managed.
>>
Last year I found my old Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge discs. Popped em in and installed those motherfuckers. I wish I still had my Diablo II discs though.

The last game I bought a physical copy of was WOTLK.
>>
>>382100585
>found a physical game cheaper than it was on steam
You mean every PC game? Or is this just an Australian thing? Seriously, for us, a full price physical PC game is far cheaper than a Steam game on sale. GTAV on steam is about $99AUD here but is an easy $49AUD at JB Hi-Fi. Only in this current Steam sale, has GTAV come down to $49.40AUD
>>
>>382102334
I'm the one you were replying to, and and ausfag as well. You're an idiot if you buy directly from steam. Get Enhanced Steam for your browser and use trusted thirds party sellers.
>>
Reinstalled bf2142 when the servers went back up
Reinstalled Caeser 3 because felt like it, can't remember which was last.
>>
>>382102579
I used to buy from steam eons ago. Then I realised that I could just literally go anywhere else and get it for less than half the price. Most PC games nowadays involve a one-time disc install and setup and then you're golden forever, so it's not even a hassle to own it physically.
>>
>>382100536
Fallout 4. Still love my pipboy.
>>
File: C-r-n6iVwAA8nSM.jpg (152KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
C-r-n6iVwAA8nSM.jpg
152KB, 720x1280px
Few weeks back, found my old copy of RTCW
>>
>>382100536
DJ MAX Trilogy, back in 2011
>>
File: &y=390.jpg (186KB, 1140x390px) Image search: [Google]
&y=390.jpg
186KB, 1140x390px
>>382100536
every time I install Imperium Galactica 2

last time was in December
>>
Installed Ignition on my retro system two days ago.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.