[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who trigger you.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 1452118827167.gif (456KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452118827167.gif
456KB, 420x315px
I have a friend who owns a gaming PC and a regular non pro PS4.
Both platforms are in the same room.
He knows how to connect his PC to TV.
He is not a tech newb he acualy understands that games work and look better on PC and knows how to install and run them just fine and is aware he can use his controller on PC.
But he often prefers to buy and play the games he likes on his regular PS4.

Reason is literally the fact he likes trophies.

And yes he is aware Steam also has achievements but steam has no quantifiable e-pin for you to measure based on achievements its only based on crafting badges and buying games.
Unlike what Xbox and PSN profiles do.

So he basically chooses to play shittier versions of games even when its literally running at an unstable 30 fps and has longer load times jsut because of PSN Trophies.
>>
>>382098958
sounds like he's still enjoying himself. He's got that over you.
>>
Well I have a "friend" that has a steam account with games but he prefers to play on his ps4 because I play on steam regularly.

People are idiots anon.
>>
>>382098958
What's wrong with achievements? I only get my games on steam if it has achievements. That way when someone says I have never played the game I can prove them wrong
>>
This is basically why trophies exist. To lock you into a system and sell more games with easy """cheevos""". It was a calculated move. They are doing their job.
>>
File: 1495783018836.jpg (25KB, 357x412px) Image search: [Google]
1495783018836.jpg
25KB, 357x412px
>>382098958
honestly I've been tempted on more than one occasion to buy games for m y ps4 too, game boxes are awesome and I miss em.
>>
>>382099064
What does that mean? He plays on PS4 to spite you?
>>
>>382098958
>prooving once again that most REALLY don't actually give a fuck about 60fps
>>
i am the same
i have over 12000 trophies
>>
I have a friend who owns and play his Nintendo Switch for hours every day and it doesn't matter because he's his own person and it had nothing to do with me and I don't care.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with that

PC ''gamers'' don't actually play games, they put the latest specs in their PC, start up a game and see how high the graphics can go, then post their Speccy's on 4chan for eternity without actually playing anything while calling people who play on consoles trash
>>
>>382099247

Nah, he is one of those faggots that want to feel special, I don't give a damn about him, but apparently he can't stand playing something after someone else. He's the kind of guy that spams first on youtube videos.
>>
>>382099254
True.
Normies generally dont care about quality.
Why do you think illumination entertainment is so successful.
Its the same reason why people would rather eat mediocre ice cream whit sprinkles than high quality ice cream wo sprinkles.
>>
>>382098958
Those who buy the best hardware on the market just to play shitty open world crafting MMOs, MOBAs and Minecraft.
>>
>>382098958
Why on earth would this trigger you
>>
Got a friend whos huge blizzdrone
Retailwow for blizztoken grinding
After that hard work its time for some overwatch or diablo 3 before realizing that he is bored by both of them.
Switches to a vanilla wow server to grind some more.
Realizesmthis doesnt give any blizztokens, switch back to retail. Rinse and repeat
"Isnt it great that you can get blizz games for free now anon?"
Imagine the money you would get from a parttimejob. Timeinvestment would be lower than your grinding time in wow and you could get non blizz stuff like food or some shit.
"reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
He is 24 and has to eat noodles with oilmor butter at the end of each month. But hey, blizz games are free!
>>
>>382100408
This, instead they should be playing indie edgy garbage, boring as FUCK strategy "games" that look like they were made in the 80s and weeb trash.
>>
>>382099608
But consider he literally DOES have the 60fps option abailable to him RIGHT THERE and it still does not matter.
>>
>human eyes can't see past 12 fps per eye
>I would buy this game for more than $60 because it's so good
>crowdfunding is a good thing because the gaming community and game developers should work together
>games shouldn't have too much gameplay
>storytelling experience
>gaming experience
>orchestral experience
>visual experience
>cinematic experience
>experience
>>
>>382098958
>But he often prefers to buy and play the games he likes on his regular PS4.
Same for me.
Playing games on my PC feels like work while playing games on PS4 feels like entertainment.
>>
>>382098958
Gamers. The words "gamer" or "gaming" alone trigger me.
>>
>>382100974
Would you prefer Players? Or perhaps persons whom play video games?
>>
>>382098958
>He is not a tech newb he acualy understands that games work and look better on PC
The average PS4 is more powerful than the average PC.
>and knows how to install and run them just fine
Too much hassle, especially with Steam, Origin, uPlay, Denuvo...
PC games are region locked
PC games are more expensive outside in the US.
>and is aware he can use his controller on PC.
DS4 support on PC is dodgy.
>>
>>382099403
This.
I stopped coming to /v/ around about 2014 because I couldn't tolerate the autism any longer.
>>
>>382100923
This such a faggy normie meme. It probably feels like work to you because you're probably some faggy man secretary who doesn't do any actual work all day.
>>
>>382098958
What you people don't understand is people are not robots. Not even you, who thinks everyone should go the most optimal route (at least by your opinion) related to gaming. I'm in retail. I own a car battery shop. If everbody would go for the "best" we wouldn't sell dozens of different batteries. Hell, car manufacturers wouldn't sell dozens of different cars. People have different tastes, needs and they don't need to understand batteries like someone who makes them.

I tell you a secret: video games are a waste of time and you could have improve yourself IRL instead of doing meaningless repetitive tasks in games. In my eyes you are no better no matter what your fps is. Life is there and you choose to play a shittier version of it.
>>
>>382099403
This is true. I upgraded my pc, pirated prey and surge to see how they handle, all run 4k etc and I have barely played them. Im sure if I had bought them for my ps4pro, I would have beat them by now. But all I do is play Persona 5 on ps4 or demons souls on ps3
>>
>>382101134
>faggy normie meme
>faggy man secretary
I'm a game developer, kid.
>>
>>382099403
>PC ''gamers'' don't actually play games, they put the latest specs in their PC, start up a game and see how high the graphics can go, then post their Speccy's on 4chan for eternity without actually playing anything while calling people who play on consoles trash
Playing them would mean you would have to endure the regular crashes of your GPU driver, the occasional reboots by your forced OS upgrade mid-game and fatigue caused by using a typewriter for real time input.
>>
>>382101154
talking about shittier version of things and the guy you are defending is literally doing the shittier version for the sake of the said "video game achievements"
>>
>>382098958
Let him enjoy his shit, My brother owns a 1080ti but most of time he only plays old sim games or city building games with only unofficial patches and no mods because that's what he enjoy!
>>
>>382098958
sounds like you're a faggot
>>
>>382101154
But most achievements are in fact rewards for meaningless repetitive tasks.

Wo achievements you just play the game the way you like.

You dont specifically use a single weapon to kill 50 enemies or force yourself to play shitty stealth segments perfectly or collect every single shitty collectible that gives you no extra story segments but instead some dumb gear you dont even need to beat the game.
Hell some games dotn even give you anything other than the achievement.
>>
OP here.

I forgot to mention that he acualy admits that if Sony didn't have Trophies he would play the PC versions of a game.
He simply states the fact that he cares more about trophies than optimal preference.
>>
>>382098958
You sounds like a /r/mustard.
>But he often prefers to buy and play the games he likes on his regular PS4.
What, like multiplats? That's pretty dumb, yeah.
I also have a PC and a tv with ps4 slim hooked to it in the same room, both can be played from the same seat. But I only buy ps4 exclusives.
>>
>>382104731
>What, like multiplats? That's pretty dumb, yeah.
I get my multiplats for PS4, too. Because then I get rid of the PC later without losing those.
Also having all save games in one place is nice.
>>
>>382103939
>I forgot to mention that he acualy admits that if Sony didn't have Trophies he would play the PC versions of a game.
He won't.
>>
>>382101026
The last one. Games are a just a hobby/recreational activity not some defining trait to group people by. Do libraries cater to some illdefined Literators (because readers already has a meaning in another context) or snowboarders (same for boarders) Slopers.

It's not exactly a subculture thing like surfers or skaters either. But whatevs, this battle has been long lost by in the age of mobers and youtubsters and v-streamers.
>>
>>382098958
I do this but with my pro PS4 COs my pc is in living room and it's not possible to use k+m efficiently
>>
>>382101064
nope. all hail steam, their ds4 support works really good. thank fuck i didnt buy xbone controller
>>
>>382098958
People that play games without reading anything on the screen and then wonder how to do something
>>
>>382107007
>emulating a 360 controller through a DRM platform
>wrong button prompts all over the place
>very good
>>
>want to buy used console
>see a lot of them with games included or they're just optional
>check the games
>they're all Fifa and COD-shit
I've bought more expensive consoles in a worse shape just because these people have shitty taste in vidya. I don't want to financially support people like these or through them the dogshit companies that put out these games.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.