[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...it's not as good as Gears of War 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: dcXbMe8KUj3PW6jSAHtHgK[1].jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dcXbMe8KUj3PW6jSAHtHgK[1].jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
...it's not as good as Gears of War 2
>>
>>382098319
wrong
>>
>>382098360
Did I just grow up then? I'm playing the campaign on act 2 and it's nowhere as good as gears 2

Or maybe I'm nostalgiaing over it
>>
>>382098430
From what I've heard it's shit that takes itself way too seriously. Gears 2 was fun because it was crazy hokey action. 3 was fun too.
>>
>>382099142
IDK why but it doesn't feel like gears to me at all

It's too strange, I cant quite put my finger on it.

I guess it's like you said, it takes itself too seriously and it's not prioritizing fun gameplay over other elements

I dont care about any of the characters and its not why I play gears for yet they keep trying to shove that shit on me, fuck.
>>
>>382098319
Gears 4 is the worst main entry of Gears in the franchise. Gears 5 will be just as shit with a horrible developer behind it.
>>
>>382100945
what about that prequel they made, wasn't that supposed to be terrible? surely go4 is better than it..
>>
Did you meet the swarm yet? I hated fighting against the robots but it gets better when the swarm comes in
>>
>>382101039
Yeah I just met them. It got somewhat better, but it just screams as unneeded sequel though.

>look totally not locust lol
>>
>>382100990
At least Judgement tried something different and it had much better servers, weapon balancing, Campaign, good new weapons and didn't have obnoxious RNG boxes that have real money options. It was a spin off game, not a main numbered entry.
>>
>>382098319
The campaign isn't as good as 2 but the mp is way better. it's the best game after 2
>>
>>382100990
That's why he said main entry
>>
>>382100990

Judgement was a hot mess, which was heartbreaking considering People Can Fly made it.

4 is better, but the first third of the game you spend shooting robots is a fucking drag.
>>
OP here, I'm 100% sure I'm not liking it because they're trying to make me care for characters in a franchise that never had that as a priority.

In 2, it was nice following Dominique, and growing to care about him, but the gameplay additions and expansions was so vast that it was just a nice addition and never really thrown at me.

It might be because Gears got to a point of polishment where it cant evolve much like 2 did from 1, but this direction just doesnt feel like what the series I grew up with should be.
>>
>>382098319
The problem is similar to the Halo 5 problem. Robots are just not fun enemies and they force them so much. Lambents weren't that good either in Gears 3 but it was okay. A series which was famous of gore doesn't look good with mechanical soulless things as enemies.

The other problem of Gears 4 / Halo 5 is it is a step down in the variety department. G3/H3 had so many things to play with, tons of enemies, a bazillion guns and the new games, no matter how good are they otherwise are major step backs.

Gears 4 only has a few enemy types and it doesn't help they thought instead of a lot heavy enemies they just buff a couple. It is a chore to kill the scions.

You go back to Gears 3 horde and holy shit, you have a completly different enemy for every major weapon (which you have tons more than in G4), a lambent version of them and the monsters. Gears 4 horde is enforcer/embar robots, some balls and flying fuckers for dozens of waves or assault rifle swarm and scions. So boring for 50 waves.
>>
Rate gears games based on campaign and multiplayer

Multiplayer
>Gears 3
>Gears 2
>Gears 4
>Gears 1

Campaign:
>Gears 2
>Gears 1
>Gears 3
>Gears 4

never finished judgement
>>
>>382101784
Playing this game just makes me wish they ported 2 man. Fuck I want to play it again so bad.
>>
>>382101950
TC would make it shit knowing them unfortunately
>>
>>382102075
I played a little bit of the ultimate edition of 1, and it wasn't so bad. They left it almost untouched besides the graphical upgrade

What could they fuck up on 2? Just a shit/bloated port overall?
>>
>>382101950
It is backward compatible tho.
>>
Also the campaign is retarded. They make a lot of crazy assumptions such as "They're taking Marcus somewhere" and even at the beginning when they don't even know what the swarm is they just say they're "taking them somewhere for something"

Like wtf? How do you know this? I went full on Plinkett. "How do you know this, thing in the face?"

What the hell man. I could tolerate a gears that takes itself seriously but this is just shit
>>
>>382099494
You feel disassociated with it. "Where's the old gears" "why is the new enemy just locust reskins if they're "new"" "who is this monitor bitch and why should I care" "what happened to the CoG and the hopeless atmosphere"
Stuff that was a sticking point to the last games is lost in the new one with "epic forces of nature" and "we will come out of this just fine" attitudes
>>
>>382102557
i think you nailed it my dude

where's epic games? these guys got no idea what made the old games appealing
>>
Im sorry but gears is nothing without cloff blizonkski behind that ass
>>
>>382098319
and gears 2 was not as good as gears 1.
/tldr: sequals are usualy shit
>>
This game just screams millennial man, fuck. Why is it so scared to let me figure out how to proceed and just babysits my shit up?
>>382103087
That's false man. I admit I liked gears 1 isolated/resistance style atmosphere over gears 2 all out war, but gears 2 had so many improvements in just about everything over the first that's a hard claim to make
>>
But they're all the same game
>>
File: gears8.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gears8.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
ok
>>
>>382103536
wtf, I'm playing with it all on ultra and it doesn't even look that good, what are you doing there
>>
Campaign was boring and the loot crates were scummy. Dropped it in a month.
>>
It's the worst entry in the entire franchise. It's even worse than Judgment
>>
>>382103610

Did you try to fiddle with the resolution scaling

It work pretty great for this game and is well optimized if you don't got a toaster.
>>
File: 1490150094829.jpg (23KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490150094829.jpg
23KB, 398x500px
>>382103691
This.
>>
>>382103742
I increased it and it actually looks a lot better, thanks
>>
>>382103536
This looks like HZD or any other generic colorful Sony exclusive tps
>>
>>382098319
Multiplayer ruined by esports.
>>
File: gears6.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gears6.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>382103610
4k, which is why it only runs at 30fps.

funny how everyone was praising gears for its optimization and shitting on horizon 3, now horizon 3 runs better.
>>
>>382104023
Exactly. eSports is cancer to gaming.
>>
>>382104113
4k downscaled to 1080p?
>>
Gears 2 was shit.

Only good Gears was 1. Only good singleplayer. Only good multiplayer. Only negative of 1 was the bullet delay on all weapons.
>>
>>382104687
and clunky as fuck cover system, and gears 2 was 1 but better
>>
>>382101930
You literally have the worst taste in video games.
I cannot believe I share air with you on this world. Please, kill yourself.
>>
>>382104606
yea
>>
>>382104023
How exactly did esport ruin the game? it's literally the same gameplay from gears 1,2 and 3
>>
>>382104928
TC made the multiplayer to pander to those virgins and consider them their prime audience.
>>
>>382105112
But how exactly? the multiplayer plays exactly the same as older gears plus instead of having to buy DLC to have all the maps you get them for free

The only "esport" thing they did was add a ranked mode which I don't think gears 3 had but you can still play casual mode if you want
>>
File: gears10.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gears10.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
3240p here

is that 6k?
>>
>>382105357
Do you just scale the resolution to maximum on the video settings?
>>
>>382105257
Mainly by making 2 weapon tunings instead of 1 which all previous Gears had. They also don't use the actual feedback from the REAL fans and players such as bugs, game breaking glitches etc.

Ranked mode has always been in the series since Gears 1 so your 2nd point is a shit example.
>>
>>382105415
you can go till 4320p
>>
>>382105613
How does slightly more customization make it more esport? no one actually changes weapons anyway (I only play casual mode so I don't know about ranked).

Also I've never found a game breaking bug so I don't know what you're talking about, and even if it did have game breaking bugs how does that make it more esports? to me it just looks like you're spouting ESPORTS MEME for no reason
>>
Why as a West coast player (Oregon) getting put in lobbies full of people from Mexico and South America?
Laggy shits make me want to quit the gears franchise because this was a problem in gears 3 and judgement as well.
>>
File: a9e.jpg (32KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
a9e.jpg
32KB, 453x500px
>>382105890
Not once did I mention about customisation and your using that as your main argument

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c
>>
>>382106232
>Mainly by making 2 weapon tunings instead of 1 which all previous Gears had.

??? is that not more customization? I assume by weapon "tuning" you mean the fact that you can CUSTOMIZE your loadout by choosing what weapon you have right?

So I assume you don't even know what you're talking about you just follow the "esport meme" every game sucks because of esports am i right? You don't even know what you don't like about gears 4 you just don't like it because it's new
>>
>>382106390
The weapon tuning means damage, not weapons you start with and even then this game has shit loadout weapons to start with compared to Gears 3 and Judgement.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.