[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me ONE reason why games you don't like are bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Give me ONE reason why games you don't like are bad
>>
They aren't made by Todd Howard
>>
DaS2 is full of no fun gank squads
>>
File: notTodd.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
notTodd.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
>>382096110
FPBP
>>
>>382096056
cause I don't have fun playing them and get bored and I don't like feeling bored
>>
>>382096056
I don't like Dark Souls, a game many consider good.

I don't like that combat forces you to wait, and is slow. The repetitive circle of dodge, hit, dodge, hit is annoying to me. I end up breaking it to get more hits in not because I am bad, but because I get bored.
The backstab mechanic tries to fix that, but ends up looking ridiculous, and since it plays a somewhat long cutscene breaks the already bad flow completely.
There are many cases where you make "leaps of faith", as in you try things just to see if they work, with no way to reason that they would or wouldn't work. A lot of trial and error, overall.
The difficulty also doesn't flow well, with spikes of content you will fail multiple times, and valleys of enemies presented visually as very hard, who end up being very easy.
Ranged combat of any sorts, magic or bows, breaks the game completely. The AI can only handle melee combat, and in some cases won't even retaliate to ranged attacks.
The game isn't stable, there are lag spikes and zones with constant low frame rates.
The poison mechanic forces you to wait and do nothing whatsoever until it wears down.
The game looked dated on release, and is ugly today, animations and textures are bad, though the actual theme is very nice.
Music is like wallpapers, it doesn't get in the way, but isn't great. The few audio queues and voice acting that exist are fine.
>>
survival games in general
You create your surplus of necessities and suddenly the game feels empty with nothing to do
Games like subnatica, minecraft, and no mans sky piss me off for this reason
>>
Not all games I don't like are bad. One that comes to mind is Red Dead Redemption. I really didn't like it, but I fully understand how it was objectively a good game.

Games I don't like that are bad, but people say they're good because they liked them would include ones like Modern Warfare 2 or Brawl.

There are games that are bad, but you can like because they are still fun, but that doesn't mean they are good.
>>
>>382096559
Meh. I bought both DS3 and BB and didn't play either until like 5 months after buying them. I guess it's mostly because I play multiplayer games more than single player. I still haven't finished like 90% of the games I bought the end of last year or the beginning of this year.

But back to the topic: the problem with Soulsborne games is that they're just boring to me as well. I mean at first BB was hard to me, but the more I played it and learned it the more I realized it isn't hard. It just doesn't hold your hand like most AAA titles do. That's literally it. I mean sure your build and all that other shit matters but it's mostly dodge, hit, dodge hit, parry, hit, parry, hit.

I was addicted to it for about 2 weeks in May and couldn't stop playing it. And then I put it down and didn't bother with it since. In bursts, the Soulsborne games are fun but other than that I couldn't see playing it long term or daily like some people do. It's just not fun to me.

I made it up until the BSB before I stopped playing it. I'll probably give it another go or I'll start playing DS3 and see how that is at the end of the summer. I hope to tackle more shit off my backlog first though.
>>
>>382096714
Minecraft until beta 1.8 was pretty comfy
Hunger was a huge mistake
>>
Dark Souls
Way too slow and difficult for all the wrong reasons
>>
>>382096972
MW2 is a perfect example. I mean the campaign was good don't get me wrong but I assume you're talking about multiplayer? The multiplayer was bad but at the same time it was fun. There's so many things that are completely broken. It's weird because whenever someone asks what are your favorite or top CoD games, I'm always conflicted in putting it in my favorite. It's easily one of the most fun games, but it wasn't good though. BO1 probably had the best multiplayer game in a CoD game, along with BO2, WAW, but I'd still put it in there because it was fun. It's so hard to explain.
>>
Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, the combat is not satisfying. I don't feel like I'm hitting anything
>>
>>382097256
>fun

Use compelling, or engaging.
Horror games or some story driven dramas aren't "fun", they are not even "enjoyable" necessarily.

Autism, I know, but still.
>>
New Vegas
The gameplay mostly sucks, the world isnt that great and the dialogue and quests are nowhere good enough to make up for it
Really prefer Fallout 4
Quests and dialogue are dogshit, but exploring and shooting shit is fun
>>
> TLOU

It just never grabbed me in or gave me the drive to continue on. I didn't care for any of the characters and as shite is this arguement is the fan base makes it's harder to get into. They all hype up this amazing life changing game, a true citizens Kane or something but when that just doesn't click into place the same way for me while playing i just feel bored

Plus it's got uncharted aiming and shooting and thats shite
>>
>>382096559
I think alot of the issues you have with the game is because of your play style. If you try speed running to complete it in less than an hour, you wont be experiencing the whole "slow gameplay" thing.

The graphics i think looks awesome stylistically.

the music i agree is a bit meh.
>>
>>382097256
>It's so hard to explain.
Not really. You just explained it yourself. It's like summer movies like Transformers. They're fun and entertaining, but not good in any form or fashion.

As a kid whacking shit with other shit outside, like hitting slim tree branches with a baseball bat, was a lot of fun and thoroughly enjoyable, but it wasn't a high brow pastime. It was dumb as shit and really stupid, yet it was fun.
>>
Witcher 3 is just plain fucking boring and i don't understand how everyone loves it so much.
>>
>>382097357
thats the thing; fallout 4 made the game more focused around combat, but limited the options a player can have with it. you cant fuck around as much in fallout 4 with different stats, perks and shit.
>>
>>382096056
I like good video games. Therefore if I don't like them they are not good. Meaning they're bad.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.